Outlander - season 3 on Starz

Discussion in 'Movies, TV and Music' started by Belgian guy, Sep 11, 2017.

1. Belgian guy

Belgian guy Member+

Club Brugge
    Belgium
    Aug 19, 2002
    Belgium
    Club:
    Club Brugge KV

I thought the season three premiere was a well made television episode. Nicely structured, well-edited, a good start to the season. But I'm not sure about the return to a semi-modern setting for one half of the story. Though I haven't read the books, so I don't know how long that will last.

2. Dante

Dante Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 19, 1998
    Upstate NY
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I really hope thy don't stay long in 1948 because I wasn't a fan of that stuff. I've never read the books so I don't know anything that comes from that, just hope that they move on rather quickly.

3. Belgian guy

Belgian guy Member+

Club Brugge
    Belgium
    Aug 19, 2002
    Belgium
    Club:
    Club Brugge KV
    I already thought that season two moved a little too slow, but season three has lowered the tempo further still. This show will move at a glacial speed if this keeps up. Still mostly enjoying it, but it is getting a tiny bit frustrating at times.

4. Dante

Dante Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 19, 1998
    Upstate NY
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I thought the second episode was a bit better, but I could do with less 1949 Claire. Oh and Frank, if you're having sex with your wife and her eyes are closed but she's enjoying it, just shut the hell up and enjoy it.

Belgian guy repped this.
  5. Belgian guy

Belgian guy Member+

Club Brugge
    Belgium
    Aug 19, 2002
    Belgium
    Club:
    Club Brugge KV
    Episode three was the best so far in season three.
    Not that it upped the tempo of the action much, but the narrative fit with the slow pace, which helped.

6. Belgian guy

Belgian guy Member+

Club Brugge
    Belgium
    Aug 19, 2002
    Belgium
    Club:
    Club Brugge KV
    I am enjoying the Jamie stuff in the 18th century more and more. A good episode in that regard. But Claire in the 20th century is really getting boring imho. They need to make her story-line more interesting to watch as quickly as possible.

7. Belgian guy

Belgian guy Member+

Club Brugge
    Belgium
    Aug 19, 2002
    Belgium
    Club:
    Club Brugge KV
    I haven't been a big fan of the 20th century segments/episodes in this season, but I did like this last one. I also had a chuckle when they brought out the old Batman TV series theme song whilst Claire was working on her 18th century 'Batsuit'.