Out With The Old & In With 7he New - Transfers, Rumors, & Lies Thread

Discussion in 'Real Madrid' started by Nathanial Essex, Sep 2, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Eddie

Eddie Member+

Oct 19, 2005
    Club:
    Real Madrid
  2. YOUNGSTARS87

YOUNGSTARS87 Yellow C@rd Bandit

Dec 21, 2005
    You exposed a person who would pay that for a juve shirt

Deep Pal repped this.
  3. Deep Pal

Deep Pal Member+

Jun 19, 2013
    India,Kolkata
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    India
    Bale and Vazquez need to be sold off.

Kroosinator repped this.
  4. robnycus

robnycus Member+

Jun 28, 2010
    Club:
    New York Cosmos
    You are moving the goal post now?

5. yoanaidarov

yoanaidarov Member+

Real Madrid
    Bulgaria
    Sep 29, 2014
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Bulgaria
    The club should really look into signing Diego Llorente or Mario Hermoso to replace Vallejo.

6. AppleBob86

AppleBob86 Member+

Real Madrid
    Jan 11, 2018
    Hermoso for 7.5 million is a steal. I think we’ll do it.

7. J-Mezzy

J-Mezzy Member+

Oct 14, 2013
    Orlando
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    We keep being linked to Wilmar Barrios.

Love the guy. Just surprised to keep hearing our interest in a DM

Prit Javier repped this.
  8. Shay Z

Shay Z Moderator
    Staff Member

Jan 3, 2007
    #1083 Shay Z, Nov 13, 2018
    Last edited: Nov 13, 2018
    While Hermoso is cheap and our own we should still look into getting De Ligt.

Sergio will need to be given a reduction in minutes from next season and De Ligt is as ready as can be to fill in while keeping Sergio fresh for the big games and then eventually take over. This is basically what the plan should be for Modric as well. We are seeing the rewards of overplaying an aging player.

Sign both of them. De Ligt will cost a lot but no where near what he will cost after he moves to the PL. With Rafa + Sergio and De Ligt + Hermoso we will have a cracking CB corp. For now and the future.

I don't know what Jose Angel and Florentino have planned for the attackers. Since they signed the Brazilian kids and Vin has shown flashes so far they might hold back on spending big in attack. I hope they will use that money to reinforce the backline. Odriozola seems like a great signing. As is T-Bow and Reguilon might just be a gem too. With Vallejo being a non factor we just need to give some attention to the CBs going forward and we are pretty much golden.

9. Zidane05

Zidane05 Moderator
    Staff Member

Jul 18, 2005
    Toronto
    Marca saying that Palacios will come in January for 20M. Interesting, and I wonder what that means for Llorente.

I don't agree with going after an expensive CB. I think there is tons of quality CBs that can be had for a lot cheaper than the 60 to 80M they'll demand for him. Like I said, Hermoso for 7.5M and promoting Javi Sanchez is more than enough quality in that position, not to mention Nacho is still there.

Nathanial Essex repped this.
  10. Excape Goat

Excape Goat Member+

Mar 18, 1999
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    River Plate might face us in the World Club Cup. Let him play for them.... I want to see what he is made out of playing against us than spending his transfer period doing nothing at home.

Deep Pal repped this.
  11. Eddie

Eddie Member+

Oct 19, 2005
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Right now the only CB options for me are De Ligt and Koulibaly who's a monster already.

PigBenis, temesgen, Anon. and 1 other person repped this.
  12. Ahmadi8

Ahmadi8 Member+

Apr 14, 2005
    Bahrain
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Bahrain
    Curious what it means for Valverde as well. We are crowded in midfield right now as is. With Palacios you'd expect some exits or perhaps he gets loaned out or to Castilla first?

2Magia2 repped this.
  13. RaMaaa

RaMaaa Member+

Feb 3, 2013
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    We must big spend on CB. player like De Light huuuuge talent and already good player. Ramos is 32.. i don't count Vallejo as our player anymore, so just Varane and Nacho who can cover every position in defense.

Anon. and natenate101 repped this.
  14. Drouchk

Drouchk Member+

Real Madrid
    Spain
    Aug 9, 2018
    Don’t get the Palacios signing, unless he is a phenomenon we really should not be looking at midfielders, our properties should be the CB position, the wings and the CF position.

meringues, Shay Z and Halycon repped this.
  15. YOUNGSTARS87

YOUNGSTARS87 Yellow C@rd Bandit

Dec 21, 2005
    We are crowded, but no one except Ceballos really stopped up.

16. Açores57

Açores57 Member+

Oct 4, 2015
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    I’m all for De Ligt and Hermoso but it’s one or the other. Hermoso isn’t coming back here to be 4th choice CB at 24. He recently said he’s glad to be starting every match with Espanyol.

That’s a role Nacho can fill.

Ramos also has one year left on his contract after this season. It should be interesting to see how negotiations go this time around.

17. robnycus

robnycus Member+

Jun 28, 2010
    Club:
    New York Cosmos
    I am hearing he is the real deal and has already been called to Argentina's senior team. For 20M if he is as good as they say he is then it sounds like a good deal to me.

Drouchk repped this.
  18. Drouchk

Drouchk Member+

Real Madrid
    Spain
    Aug 9, 2018
    Well I hope you’re right, I still think that at this point central midfielders, no matter how good they are, are just luxury buys for us; Upgrading our wide and CF position should be the priority by a large margin, Vasquez of all people is starting because we simply don’t have any good options there.

Deep Pal and Digital repped this.
  19. 2Magia2

2Magia2 Member

Real Madrid
    Brazil
    Jul 17, 2018
    Palacios signing doesnt make sense. Too many midfielders even if we plan to sell Modric next summer. Llorente is yet to be given proper minutes. There's Kovacic out on loan. Valverde has done well whenever given an opportunity. Casemiro, Kroos, Isco and then Ceballos. We should be looking for a poacher like a lautaro martinez..

20. Shay Z

Shay Z Moderator
    Staff Member

Jan 3, 2007
    This is a curious signing. Don't we have the foreign quota already full with Rodyrgo and Vin? Also...………… Marcos Llorente…… watch that kid light it up as soon as he moves teams. He has not been given any real opportunities since he came back. Such a shame. He is an excellent player. Not the finished product yet but that's why he needed minutes. He would have improved his deficiencies. Such a shame. Madridista royal blood too.

I disagree bro. Sergio is 32 and next season its Rene time again and with the way Florentino has been all bets are off. Even if we take that out of the equation...….. that fact that he's 32 now means we need to think about the future and be proactive rather than reactionary later.

Hermoso is 24 and has just had a break out season now. In all honesty I have not seen Hermoso play more than 1 game this season. De Ligt is 19. De Ligt has been tested in the CL and against top teams and he is the real deal. Incredible maturity for a 19yr old kind of like how Rafa was.
    De Ligt will be expensive but for what we will be getting the price is what it is. He's the next mega CB in the making.

Another wrinkle I would like to throw in there and this is a gut feeling. Are we sure Rafa is with us for the long run?
    He's won everything here many times over. He's won everything at the national level. Zizou is gone. Team is transitioning. I wouldn't be surprised if he heads to another team for new challenge. He is young and can get a huge contract from Man United who are known suitors and Rafa had interest in joining them but Zizou changed his mind. I wouldn't be certain Rafa stays here which leaves us with 2 top class all world CBs to replace and I don't wanna do that with Hermoso and Nacho.

Whatever we pay now for De Ligt (which would be a lot) will still be significantly lower than what he's be valued at once he goes to Man United or Man City.

PigBenis, ahnaf, temesgen and 6 others repped this.
  21. AppleBob86

AppleBob86 Member+

Real Madrid
    Jan 11, 2018
    Llorente will go on loan or sale with buy back and palacios comes.

Kova will be sold in the summer to highest bidder. We have Ceballos now.

I expect Valverde to stay

Prit Javier repped this.
  22. temesgen

temesgen Member+

Jun 27, 2004
    Llorente absolutely should be in the rotation, very promising player

-Reivax-, PigBenis, ahnaf and 4 others repped this.
  23. Eddie

Eddie Member+

Oct 19, 2005
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    De Ligt should be a priority, no matter the price. We can easily get 10+ years out of him and he's already a very good CB. I love Sergio Ramos, he's one of my favorite players to ever play the game but he's getting older and will be 33 at the end of the season and we need to plan for the future.

24. MiamiNative0722

MiamiNative0722 Member+

May 25, 2013
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    1063048661469462529 is not a valid tweet id

25. robnycus

robnycus Member+

Jun 28, 2010
    Club: