Out With The Old & In With 7he New - Transfers, Rumors, & Lies Thread

Discussion in 'Real Madrid' started by Nathanial Essex, Sep 2, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Iscodisco

Iscodisco Member

Real Madrid
    Spain
    Dec 14, 2017
    Pogba getting booed within the first month is going to be fun. If you've followed Madrid for long enough you'd know that these type of players are not respected by the Bernabeu.

The dude doesn't run. Doesn't take resposibility. That's not Madrid. Sorry.

Not saying he isn't talented but it takes more than that to succeed at Madrid.

Let's hope the lord our saviour Zidane can somehow change his personality 'cause this transfer is definitely going ahead.

petros93 repped this.
  2. Saeta Rubia

Saeta Rubia Member+

May 28, 2010
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    Benz was deemed to have passive attitude as well. Now he completed 10 years at Madrid and has been working hard(pressing high and all) for several years now. Bernabeu will boo everyone at some point when they are having a bad night.

Anon., Shay Z and MiamiNative0722 repped this.
  3. kurskolajno

kurskolajno Member

Apr 17, 2014
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Benzema is a striker though. You can't have a midfielder walking around.

Pogba is a luxury player.

saadomar repped this.
  4. YOUNGSTARS87

YOUNGSTARS87 Yellow C@rd Bandit

Dec 21, 2005
    Why respond to such foolishness?

Modric was booed in his first months. Look him now. In fact which Madrid great hasn't been jeered?

They wish for our failure.. our success will implode them

5. Saeta Rubia

Saeta Rubia Member+

May 28, 2010
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    Point is Benz even lost a lot of weight and became hardworking from 2011 onwards. Pogba played under Conte who's obsessed when it comes to fitness and attitude. He shone there. He's had motivational issues at Utd, but his Juve stint at least says he's not always that way.

Anon. repped this.
  6. fierro

fierro Member+

Jan 30, 2007
    El Chuco
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    #9756 fierro, May 16, 2019
    Last edited: May 16, 2019

Benzema was a "project" player who was behind Ronaldo, Raul and Higuain in the pecking order. He was afforded the patience he needed by default.

Pogba will not have that luxury. He will be the club's all time record most expensive transfer and be expected to perform at 110% for 99 minutes every game (or just average a goal a game like Ronaldo or score multiple CL final winning goals like Bale).

I don't see that transfer ending well (especially once Zidane leaves again). I think the fees for Vinicius, Jovic and Militiao will really put into perspective how much we over paid for him and their performances are going to out him is not among the teams best or most important players.

Benz only started working harder under Zidane, which also coincided with him losing a step due to age and injuries and being put under pressure to contribute more due to poor performances.

Higuain was injured to start 2011 and that created an opening for Benzema, after that Higuain wasn't able to regain his fitness, was overweight and slower and couldn't reclaim his place.

saadomar and petros93 repped this.
  7. Ssr9

Ssr9 Member+

Real Madrid
    Nov 10, 2008
    Sydney
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Mali
    Jovic, Hazard and Mendy by early June would be phenomenal.

Next phase...3 midfielders, and a veteran CB please.

The way I'm looking at the midfield signings would be straight up competition and back up for Kroos - Casemiro - Modric.

Cherry on top for me would be a top RW signing (very doubtful though unless Asensio AND Lucas Vasquez are leaving for sure in addition to Bale's departure).

Vamos Flo!

Anon., MiamiNative0722, Digital and 3 others repped this.
  8. RaMaaa

RaMaaa Member+

Feb 3, 2013
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Mendy from Lyon, another CM and it would be ideal summer IMO.

Anon. repped this.
  9. Saeta Rubia

Saeta Rubia Member+

May 28, 2010
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
  10. Zidane05

Zidane05 Moderator
    Staff Member

Jul 18, 2005
    Toronto
    Jovic will be the best signing of the summer. Fantastic player for a position of need.

Anon., yoanaidarov, saadomar and 9 others repped this.
  11. Shay Z

Shay Z Moderator
    Staff Member

Jan 3, 2007
    Great signing. Amazing piece of business. Hope that is new found strategy for doing business early continues.
    Benzema is a Zidane favorite but here we are signing a 9. Marcelo is also a Zidane favorite and I hope we sign a LB too.

What an epic summer it would be if we addressed ALL of our most dire needs instead of signing players who's roles are undefined or don't fit the plan. Holy shit!!! CF and LB were pretty much the top 2 deficiencies. We've sorted one out. Hopefully we sort the other.

A lot of people are talking about Mendy as the guy we should sign. I've only seen highlights and myself and others have asked this question before.... what's he like defensively? He looks good going forward although his touches aren't as polished as Marcelo's but if he defends well he can be the signing. If not we can look elsewhere.

60M for a young bonafide CF. Great business.

Anon., saadomar, Digital and 4 others repped this.
  12. temesgen

temesgen Member+

Jun 27, 2004
    TFW they ask about transfers

tenor.gif

Zidane05 repped this.
  13. natenate101

natenate101 Moderator
    Staff Member

Dec 16, 2006
    California, US
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I'm hyped. He'll be fun to watch.

MiamiNative0722, Digital and Zidane05 repped this.
  14. janos audron

janos audron Member+

Apr 12, 2010
    Absolutely insane calmness in front of the goal. Top tier player. For 60M. Amazing.

15. Saeta Rubia

Saeta Rubia Member+

May 28, 2010
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    Manuel García Coillon (agent of Theo Hernandez): If the Spanish media said that Ancelotti talked to Theo, I can't deny it.

Manuel Garcia: In Naples they love the player but do not know if they have already negotiated with Madrid, we will see in the coming weeks.

1129101415790649345 is not a valid tweet id

Anon., MiamiNative0722 and Shay Z repped this.
  16. natenate101

natenate101 Moderator
    Staff Member

Dec 16, 2006
    California, US
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Could be good for all parties. Keep a buyback if possible and see if the kid elevates his game in Italy.

Curious if we sign Mendy, maybe the club just envisions Hakimi as our future RB? Dani is still pretty young but has an injury history and we don't really know how much trust and time AO is gonna get. I was worried when we signed him about what the plan at RB was gonna be because of the logjam of quality options.

17. robertocarlos3

robertocarlos3 Member+

Jan 9, 2012
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    very good signing. The man looks like he's made of stone yet still very agile.
    so the trio will be BEJ next year.
    Vjr needs to look into what are his goals for next year. if he's looking for constant first team, I think he'll find it hard to get it.

18. Drouchk

Drouchk Member+

Real Madrid
    Spain
    Aug 9, 2018
    Very happy about Jovic’s signing, perhaps now all the ground crosses sent in by Vinicius will be rewarded next season with someone actually be rewarded now that we have a striker that would actually be in the box :D
    Next Mendy, Hazard, Ndombele ( please Flo), Pogba/Eriksen and we’re looking good.

Anon. and ElCapitánSR4 repped this.
  19. ElCapitánSR4

ElCapitánSR4 Member+

Real Madrid
    Spain
    Sep 14, 2017
    I love it that we signed Jovic, I’m a huge fan of his playing style but he is not an attacker who stays in the box.

Maybe if we play Benzema and Jovic together, one of them stays in the box but Jovic his playing style is similar with Benzema’s. But man I can’t with till next season!

Drouchk repped this.
  20. Digital

Digital Member+

Dec 10, 2012
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    I’ve read this a lot, i’m not sure how anyone knows this to be so, or if people are just saying this because it suits a narrative,
    A striker signed?, hope this is true, looking forward to seeing this player if he comes and hoping he makes a huge contribution for us, the position I think needed strengthening the most

21. fierro

fierro Member+

Jan 30, 2007
    El Chuco
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    With Jovic and Hazard and bring back James, sell Isco, Asensio, and Lucas and we are ready with a revamped attack. Add Ndombele and Lo Celso if Zidane absolutely insists on getting rid of Ceballos and Llorente and we are set.

CF: Benz, Jovic
    WF: Hazard, VJ, Rodrygo, Bale
    AM: James, Brahim,
    CM: Modric, Kroos, Ndombele, Lo Celso
    DM: Casemiro, Valverde
    FB: Marcelo, Reguillon, Carvajal, Odriozola
    CB: Ramos, Varane, Militao, Nacho
    GK: Courtois, Keylor, Lunin

22. Shay Z

Shay Z Moderator
    Staff Member

Jan 3, 2007
    There was a report that Zizou has spoken to Isco and told him that he will have a bench role next season and that Isco is ok with it.

Digital, Anon. and Drouchk repped this.
  23. Varnagel

Varnagel Member+

Nothing
    Sweden
    Jun 4, 2017
    How can someone who's having his 1st good season in his professional career be viewed as 'the best signing of the summer'? Especially when a guy like Eden Hazard is (most likely) coming?

Benzema has been a favorite for every coach he had at Real Madrid (except Pellegrini). And If you are 2nd place among LaLiga's top scorers & single-handedly prevented Real Madrid (having their worst season in over 10 years) from missing a Champions League qualification next season, I'm sure Benzema would be a favorite by almost anyone.

You aren't a top tier striker by not reaching 20 league goals as the 1st scoring option.

24. Drouchk

Drouchk Member+

Real Madrid
    Spain
    Aug 9, 2018
    I was under the impression that despite his skills on the ball he was a “killer” type of striker? Not necessarily one that sits in the box and just waits but one that constantly makes runs towards it ( which is a problem with Benzema), admitely though I’ve only watched played 3 times in the Europa.

25. meringues

meringues Member+

Real Madrid
    United States
    Aug 8, 2008
    Wisconsin
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    The ideal scenario for now is Isco-as-leader of juggernaut B-team and impact super sub. Maybe it’ll pan out.

temesgen and Anon. repped this.