Out With The Old & In With 7he New - Transfers, Rumors, & Lies Thread

Discussion in 'Real Madrid' started by Nathanial Essex, Sep 2, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Akramzizou

Akramzizou Member+

Feb 13, 2006
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    That's my thinking as well. We could use a player with Pogba's playing style, but he isn't necessary, but his personality and star appeal are the biggest reasons I am on board with his signing. 150M sounds reasonable too if UTD would agree to that, given that they've signed him for 100M and he has baaaaaaare commercial value.

Prit Javier repped this.
  2. MaxY

MaxY Member+

May 24, 2016
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    The market inflated but his performances didn't improve one bit since Juventus or to be precise they stagnated at best. He's no longer the crazy good wonder kid.

110 M is the absolute maximum considering everything.

Deep Pal, Digital and Prit Javier repped this.
  3. kurskolajno

kurskolajno Member

Apr 17, 2014
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Can't believe people actually want the dab merchant even claiming he is better than Kroos.

Ssr9 and Prit Javier repped this.
  4. Drouchk

Drouchk Member+

Real Madrid
    Spain
    Aug 9, 2018
    For 150 mil we can get both Eriksen and Lo Celso, the two have 23 goals and 15 assists between them, just saying.

Heck we could probably get Hermoso as well and still have some cash left over.

Digital and Prit Javier repped this.
  5. Prit Javier

Prit Javier Member+

Real Madrid
    England
    May 9, 2018
    He's a marketable player however not worth paying for since he is not Ballon D'or level yet.

6. Hendrix22

Hendrix22 Member+

Feb 28, 2010
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    People seem to forget that we are not talking about Mancheter Pogba that is worth 150 million, but Pogba under Zidane, which will be a player with Balon Dor potential.

Serengeti_Boy and Excape Goat repped this.
  7. eran bar-levi

eran bar-levi Member

Real Madrid
    Brazil
    Jul 18, 2018
    Israel
    Bale+20 million will be fine

8. BjornH

BjornH Member

AC Milan
    Norway
    Mar 25, 2019
    Norway
    Nat'l Team:
    Norway
  9. Digital

Digital Member+

Dec 10, 2012
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    #7559 Digital, Apr 15, 2019
    Last edited: Apr 15, 2019
    Predicting the future is quite a skill, also what exactly is “Manchester Pogba”?, are you saying we would be paying for the future Pogba rather than the the one we have evidence of watching right now and for awhile

If that’s the case why don’t we keep our midfield, the JL and Solari versions , save money and wait for the Zidane versions to show up again now that he’s back, seeing that he’s the key

Romanero and ahnaf repped this.
  10. Açores57

Açores57 Member+

Oct 4, 2015
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    I don’t like the rumoured numbers for Pogba but the market is what it is. If Zidane rates Pogba and believes he can take the player to another level, I’ll trust his judgement.

meringues repped this.
  11. Prit Javier

Prit Javier Member+

Real Madrid
    England
    May 9, 2018
    its possible but not guaranteed

12. Hsain85

Hsain85 Member+

Mar 28, 2006
    Bahrain
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    TBH nothing is guaranteed but all of this business works based on probabilities.

Prit Javier repped this.
  13. Prit Javier

Prit Javier Member+

Real Madrid
    England
    May 9, 2018
    If Pogba had a better attitude I am sure Perez would be all for him

14. MaxY

MaxY Member+

May 24, 2016
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    If Eriksen had Pogba's marketability etc we wouldn't even be talking about Pogba.

Eriksen and Joao Felix would cost a bit more combined than Pogba alone.

Prit Javier repped this.
  15. Crimson

Crimson BigSoccer Supporter

Oct 11, 2009
    #7565 Crimson, Apr 15, 2019
    Last edited: Apr 15, 2019
    Why is Pogba worth so much?

He has been woefully inconsistent for Manchester United, goes missing against anyone half way decent put against him and he was maybe the 5th best player for France at the World Cup.

The only reason I like him is because he hates Mou lol

I just struggle to see the value of spending 150m on him

Same issue with Erikson, this season he has been terrible and inconsistent. Especially against the best teams. Why is he worth the 100+m we would need to spend on him when there are players like Sarabia available for 20m who has been consistent in the cm position when sevilla play 3 at the back and has proven versatile enough to play rw in the 442. Also he has 15 goals this season and a dozen assists to go with it.

I still don't see either Pogba or Erikson better than Kroos or Modric, even an old Modric.

Maybe I just hate the current market lol

Hazard on the other hand paired with an excellent CF is where I see good value, but we'd need to sell a lot of our attacking midfield stock first.

We really need goals, I'd throw most of the money at CF and CB and Hazard.

Think we could snatch Koulibaly? lol, I'd pay 100m for him.

16. Saeta Rubia

Saeta Rubia Member+

May 28, 2010
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    Valdano:

Reguilón and Marcelo

"It is possible that Reguilón's absence since the arrival of Zidane is to recover Marcelo, I think that after Vinicius, Reguilón is the best news of the season."

Pogba and Eriksen

"I like Pogba but I'm not enthusiastic, I do not think he's comparable to Eriksen because of his ways of playing, Pogba has always left me wondering if he plays football with enough passion".

Hazard

"Real Madrid need clarity up front, that they increase danger to the play when they have the ball, and those are players like Eriksen or Hazard".

https://www.defensacentral.com/tert...e-fichajes-y-especula-sobre-la-marcha-de-figo

libertao repped this.
  17. robertocarlos3

robertocarlos3 Member+

Jan 9, 2012
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    because he's frenchman who plays in the EPL.

Prit Javier repped this.
  18. Hendrix22

Hendrix22 Member+

Feb 28, 2010
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Because part of that midfield is old (Modric), part is unfit (Isco) and part is mentally checked out (Kroos).

But I do agree you need to have some actual knowledge of the game to be able to predict outcomes before they happen.

19. 4x4s

4x4s Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 26, 2006
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    I'm in tears.

20. Prit Javier

Prit Javier Member+

Real Madrid
    England
    May 9, 2018
    He's questioning his attitude which is the problem

21. 4x4s

4x4s Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 26, 2006
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Valdano called Mascherano the best midfield player in the world and the man quit playing as a midfield player right after he said it.

Shay Z, YOUNGSTARS87, Zidane05 and 2 others repped this.
  22. Hendrix22

Hendrix22 Member+

Feb 28, 2010
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Save them. Everyone remembers what a monster Pogba is from his Juventus days, when he was motivated and utilized properly. He doesn't really have any weaknesses. Playing under Zidane will bring the best out of him.

23. fierro

fierro Member+

Jan 30, 2007
    El Chuco
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

Ahhaaa. So you think Pogba is the "2nd" CB transfer of the summer, maybe Zidane is planning to bring him in for Varane's spot.

24. Crimson

Crimson BigSoccer Supporter

Oct 11, 2009
    In a mediocre Serie A and who went missing in the UCL when it mattered most, the only tournament that mattered to them.

Granted, he was young, but still.

25. robertocarlos3

robertocarlos3 Member+

Jan 9, 2012
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    I like how in these social media/internet days it's so easy to take a single event and present it as the center and most remembered event for that person.
    Here's one for you:
    Perez sold makelele because the player was not needed and Perez said that he replaced a player that scores goals with a player that never scored goals.
    There you go, worst president ever...

libertao, pramod and Halycon repped this.