Out With The Old & In With 7he New - Transfers, Rumors, & Lies Thread

Discussion in 'Real Madrid' started by Nathanial Essex, Sep 2, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Prit Javier

Prit Javier Member+

Real Madrid
    England
    May 9, 2018
    We wont pay 160m for Pogba thats not very good business deal for Perez, unless of course we sell Kroos for a similar fee

2. YOUNGSTARS87

YOUNGSTARS87 Yellow C@rd Bandit

Dec 21, 2005
    We would be insane to spend €160M or more on anyone not named Mbappe or Neymar.

Just wait a year for Pogba. It isn't that hard.

petros93, Deep Pal, Eddie and 2 others repped this.
  3. Prit Javier

Prit Javier Member+

Real Madrid
    England
    May 9, 2018
    The good news is, he is publicly saying I don't mind moving.
    United think they are the biggest club in the world, this proves otherwise!

4. 4x4s

4x4s Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 26, 2006
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Imagine us looking for a goalscorer and spending 250 mil. on two midfield players. :confused:

petros93, madridista_hr, ahnaf and 3 others repped this.
  5. MiamiNative0722

MiamiNative0722 Member+

May 25, 2013
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Paul Pogba has more goals in the premier league than anyone on our team does in la liga not named Benzema. and half the season he was playing under Mourinho.

Our midfield has been spectacular for years, but one thing always lacking from them was goals.

W8W8, Zidane05, Deep Pal and 2 others repped this.
  6. Anon.

Anon. Member+

Sep 4, 2007
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Eriksen solves the CM issue, and won’t cost anywhere near what Pogba will cost. With some player sales, we can then go for a striker (assuming Hazard is a done deal).
    Pogba might be an option next year.

Deep Pal and Prit Javier repped this.
  7. Saeta Rubia

Saeta Rubia Member+

May 28, 2010
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    Icardi available for 50 ME according to Marca, Jovic probably 75 ME range. Mbappe isn't available. Might not have to spend big on strikers if former two are the options.

Deep Pal and Prit Javier repped this.
  8. 4x4s

4x4s Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 26, 2006
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    That's a burning hot take.

People slammed Perez all season but are willing to go another season without a goalscorer because we'll bring in more midfield players that are famous? Wow.

ahnaf, Digital, Deep Pal and 1 other person repped this.
  9. Saeta Rubia

Saeta Rubia Member+

May 28, 2010
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    Pogba has 5 penalty goals and Hazard has 4 in PL so we need to consider that just like with Ramos goals stat this season.

Deep Pal and Eddie repped this.
  10. YOUNGSTARS87

Dec 21, 2005
    We never consider the fact Benzema for years has never taken penalties while most others have to bolster their stats... so why start now?

11. Anon.

Anon. Member+

Sep 4, 2007
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Icardi is such an underwhelming option, I just don’t see him as a long-term Benz replacement. We’d probably end up wanting to sell him in a couple of years.

12. kurskolajno

kurskolajno Member

Apr 17, 2014
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    The majority of strikers available are underwhelming. Maybe Jovic becomes great maybe he doesn't. Icardi might be a safer option but who knows. Have a feeling we will stick with Benz again.

I'd go for Dybala anyway.

13. surgeon

surgeon Member+

Aug 28, 2012
    Everything is easy except that 30 goals a season striker. I literally have no idea who can be good for us in that position.

Firmino is decent. Works hard for the team and scores. Is he decent enough, I'm not sure..

Who else comes to mind?

14. Drouchk

Drouchk Member+

Real Madrid
    Spain
    Aug 9, 2018
    Firmino is like Benzema, he plays as the number 9 but he is more of a facilitator for the other 2 to score, he scores even less than Karim so i dont think he is the solution to our problems.

15. Saeta Rubia

Saeta Rubia Member+

May 28, 2010
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    Don't think he will accept being rotated with Benz either. Can't see club wanting to deal with his baggage even for 50 ME. Honestly, I'd gamble on elite talent and sign Felix. Hazard, Eriksen/Pogba are RM quality in terms of ability.

Anon. repped this.
  16. Yannick Relens

Yannick Relens Member+

Real Madrid
    Belgium
    Jan 21, 2018
    Well since there are no real good strikers atm , we should heavily invest in scoring wingers and central mids. Get me James in that CM position and Sané , Mané or Sancho.

17. robertocarlos3

robertocarlos3 Member+

Jan 9, 2012
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    I don't think we're getting a 9. forget about it.
    Both Zidane and Perez love and adore Benzema, and if he is moving back to the support striker role, there will be a major fight for that 3rd attacking which supposedly goes to Eden, which means Vinnie and Marco not getting any minutes and most likely one of them leaving or gets loaned.
    without getting that 9, Zidane gets to play the youngsters more.

18. Excape Goat

Excape Goat Member+

Mar 18, 1999
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Jadon Sancho is the real deal, but he won't be a good deal anymore. He will be a 100 million, I think, but I will get him for 100 million.

19. Zidane05

Zidane05 Moderator
    Staff Member

Jul 18, 2005
    Toronto
    You have a 100 million to spend, who do you take? Hazard or Sancho?

Keep in mind Sancho has 8 goals and 12 assists in the Bundesliga in 500 less minutes than Hazard, who has 13 goals and 11 assists.

20. Drouchk

Drouchk Member+

Real Madrid
    Spain
    Aug 9, 2018
    Hazard easily, we’ve got enough prospects as it is.

W8W8, petros93, Saeta Rubia and 3 others repped this.
  21. Zidane05

Zidane05 Moderator
    Staff Member

Jul 18, 2005
    Toronto
    Don't think you're a prospect if you're putting up those numbers at 18.

22. Drouchk

Drouchk Member+

Real Madrid
    Spain
    Aug 9, 2018
    Numbers aren’t bad but still, it’s one season in a team that was dominant up until recently ,coincidently when their form dipped so did his. let’s see him do this for a couple of seasons before we declared him not a prospect anymore.

Deep Pal and Yannick Relens repped this.
  23. Zidane05

Zidane05 Moderator
    Staff Member

Jul 18, 2005
    Toronto
    People wanted Mbappe here after half a season with Monaco. You miss, they won't be available in a couple of seasons.

24. Drouchk

Drouchk Member+

Real Madrid
    Spain
    Aug 9, 2018
    I see your concern but unlike In the case of Mbappe we have young talents in Vinicius ( who has a higher ceiling than Sancho ) and Rodrygo who would cover the space that Sancho would otherwise occupy.
    Other than a 9, I don’t think we should look at kids anymore, we should look to bring in some experienced class players and blend them in with the youths we’ve already got in order to make a serious push for some silverware next season.

25. YOUNGSTARS87

Dec 21, 2005
    I wouldn't say Vinicius has a higher ceiling than Sancho. Both have the same tremendous possibilities for a future.

Same could be said for Rodrygo even though for me he has stagnated

Excape Goat repped this.