Out With The Old & In With 7he New - Transfers, Rumors, & Lies Thread

Discussion in 'Real Madrid' started by Nathanial Essex, Sep 2, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Drouchk

Drouchk Member+

Real Madrid
    Spain
    Aug 9, 2018
    #5876 Drouchk, Mar 14, 2019
    Last edited: Mar 14, 2019
    So why was that dude complaining about his passing again? everything im seeing in these videos indicates he actually is a very good passer of the ball, and has good vision to boot.

2. MiamiNative0722

MiamiNative0722 Member+

May 25, 2013
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    His passing accuracy percentage is not quite world class, but I don't consider it something to worry about. Godin has a similar career percentage. Ramos had a similar percentage in his Sevilla days and has elevated it tremendously over the years. Van Dijk's early years at Southampton had a similar percentage.

In my opinion, the most important features at this early stage of his career are his positional awareness, his pace, his size/strength and by all accounts he's marvelous at defending. His whoscored rating is through the roof. Ramos himself hasn't had a season in his career at the rating Militao has albeit Eder is doing it in a lower league.

3. temesgen

temesgen Member+

Jun 27, 2004
    Best part is we won't be distracted with it this summer. We need to address midfield and attack, no excuses.

MiamiNative0722, Zidane05 and Digital repped this.
  4. 4x4s

4x4s Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 26, 2006
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    AS claiming that we're in for Zaniolo in the summer after we made an approach in January and got turned down. He's a player we've apparently followed closely for a while now.

Excape Goat, Ahmadi8 and Yannick Relens repped this.
  5. Zidane05

Zidane05 Moderator
    Staff Member

Jul 18, 2005
    Toronto
    I like him and he's a player that can also play on the right, so he's versatile. My only concern is how much Roma is going to demand because given this trend, take his value and multiply by 2.

6. YOUNGSTARS87

YOUNGSTARS87 Yellow C@rd Bandit

Dec 21, 2005
    We already have projects in Rodrygo and Brahimi. We also still have Asensio.

Do we really need another project player he isn't exactly a world beating talent?

Anon., Stiliyan, temesgen and 1 other person repped this.
  7. PigBenis

PigBenis Member+

Sep 5, 2015
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
  8. Nathanial Essex

Nathanial Essex Member+

Real Madrid
    England
    Mar 19, 2017
    Replace Icardi with Jovic and you got yourself a front 3

9. MiamiNative0722

MiamiNative0722 Member+

May 25, 2013
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    damn when you put in a pic like that, it looks pretty nice

10. YOUNGSTARS87

Dec 21, 2005
    ******** out of here with Icardi (wearing our captains arm band? Ha)

He will never play for Madrid. Thank God.

The person who made that should be stripped and beaten in their town square.

11. Excape Goat

Excape Goat Member+

Mar 18, 1999
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Jovic scored a brilliant goal against Inter Milan last night.

Prit Javier and Nathanial Essex repped this.
  12. YOUNGSTARS87

Dec 21, 2005
    I don't even get this Icardi nonsense.

The definition of 'delusional' is demanding the club sign a striker who has scored only 9 goals in Serie A and 4 in CL for €100M.... all while you bash Benzema who has scored 13 goals in La Liga and 4 in CL.

That's without mentioning Benzema has double his assists.

Logic and common sense is completely lost on this poor souls.

RMSocrates and Drouchk repped this.
  13. MiamiNative0722

MiamiNative0722 Member+

May 25, 2013
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I'm no fan of an Icardi purchase either, particularly because of the off-the-field baggage he brings. However, let's not pretend these are normal numbers for him and thats the caliber of striker he is on the field. He scored 30 last year, 27 the year before that.

It's difficult to build up your stats when you're not even playing. The last time he played was over a month ago.

Chinky24 repped this.
  14. Excape Goat

Excape Goat Member+

Mar 18, 1999
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    I prefer to gamble on Jovic.

RMSocrates, Digital and temesgen repped this.
  15. Saint Iker

Saint Iker Ronaldo's Right Foot

Dec 5, 2009
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    The recent antics with Icardi and his wife have tainted any notion of him being a good fit. We don't need that circus.

Doni, Chinky24 and temesgen repped this.
  16. Chinky24

Chinky24 Member+

Real Madrid
    Dec 26, 2004
    Nashville
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Just read Jovic is in Barca's crosshairs and they visited him at the Eintracht grounds recently?

17. Excape Goat

Excape Goat Member+

Mar 18, 1999
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Jovic has been linked with them. I don't know how reliable is the source. I only know about our link to him through RMBS discussion and some unreliable source. If we do not make a move, he will join Barcelona.

18. Digital

Digital Member+

Dec 10, 2012
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Yup, the thought of Icardi just does not excite me, i’d pass on him

RMSocrates repped this.
  19. temesgen

temesgen Member+

Jun 27, 2004
    Isco has been used like duct tape in a toolbox, no real specific role but often useful. I felt his comments about JL were fair, the nonsense between Solari and Isco however was very unprofessional and I'm hoping he steps up or we move on. Isco has to want to keep progressing or its pointless.

20. Ahmadi8

Ahmadi8 Member+

Apr 14, 2005
    Bahrain
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Bahrain
    I like him. I think he'd be a great CM.

21. Eddie

Eddie Member+

Oct 19, 2005
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    He's definitely a good player and now that his value has dropped we could probably pick him up for something like 70-80M. However his behavior is something i never want to see at our club, i hate players like that. He was Inters captain and couldn't handle the negotiations without causing so much drama that they eventually dropped him. I even heard that he's faking an injury just to not play until he gets a new contract. WTF kind of captain is that? Let's not even start with the toxicity that his wife will inevitably bring...

Just think about it, the captain abandoned the ship.

HZinho repped this.
  22. Saeta Rubia

Saeta Rubia Member+

May 28, 2010
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    ZZ will stay far away from the toxicity of Icardi and Wanda.

Given that Benz will be regular starter, wonder if he will be interested in a young prospect like Felix who can be in rotation now and takeover from Benz in couple of years. If club is following him, they will send scouting vids to ZZ as well. Provided we get him for 75-80 ME.

23. Eddie

Eddie Member+

Oct 19, 2005
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    If we are keeping Benzema, which will probably happen due to Zizou liking him a lot, what do you guys think about getting Cavani? He's just turned 32 but i think he's still in good shape and could be very useful since he's totally different from Karim. I don't think PSG want him anymore but that's just an impression.

He's scored 17 goals in 1300 minutes in Ligue 1. It's a short term deal but unless we get a good young forward i wouldn't mind him as an option at all.

24. Hsain85

Hsain85 Member+

Mar 28, 2006
    Bahrain
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    benz as a starting striker = zero titles

25. Saeta Rubia

Saeta Rubia Member+

May 28, 2010
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    Cavani is a strong character and I don't think he'd be happy with not starting big games. He couldn't even accept leaving penalty duties for Neymar. He has been starting regularly for so many years so it will be hard for him to accept a rotation role. Especially when he's still good enough to start for clubs like Atletico.