Out With The Old & In With 7he New - Transfers, Rumors, & Lies Thread

Discussion in 'Real Madrid' started by Nathanial Essex, Sep 2, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Saeta Rubia

Saeta Rubia Member+

May 28, 2010
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    We need a player like Hazard. Vinicius is great at creating chances and unsettling defenses, but his shooting is what you expect from an 18 year old without enough experience. Hazard can share the scoring load with Benz and another young striker hopefully.

Anon., Halycon, Deep Pal and 1 other person repped this.
  2. robnycus

robnycus Member+

Jun 28, 2010
    Club:
    New York Cosmos
    I think both the club and Solari are not ready to give up on Marcelo, like most people here are. Isco on the other hand I think is already forgotten.

Deep Pal and Prit Javier repped this.
  3. AppleBob86

AppleBob86 Member+

Real Madrid
    Jan 11, 2018
    Lucas can stay. Hell he’ll be a good to bring off the bench and good squad player.

4. Yannick Relens

Yannick Relens Member+

Real Madrid
    Belgium
    Jan 21, 2018
    He just isn't Real Madrid quality. I love his effort and all but let's be honest , the reason he plays is because of the lack of effort of others.

5. 4x4s

4x4s Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 26, 2006
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    If we get 70 for Bale it's an amazing deal, in general anything over 60 for a 30+ year old Bale on those wages is an amazing deal for us.

Eddie, Nathanial Essex, Anon. and 6 others repped this.
  6. Prit Javier

Prit Javier Member+

Real Madrid
    England
    May 9, 2018
    I agree anything over £50m is fine for Bale.

Nathanial Essex repped this.
  7. Digital

Digital Member+

Dec 10, 2012
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    But that is an admirable quality in itself and should be a big part of the reason you are good enough to play here, whoever pulls on the shirt “should” give maximum effort, how many times have we complained here about the team lacking intensity, talent can only take you so far, effort is absolutely necessary, we need players that work hard as well as the “flair” , is there a better player for the position?, probably, but right now after seeing the alternatives that we have, I prefer LV, and the effort he puts in is a positive not a negative, let others do the same and take the spot then

S1na, Ahmadi8, Excape Goat and 3 others repped this.
  8. robertocarlos3

robertocarlos3 Member+

Jan 9, 2012
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    At this point it's clear he is here to stay and finish his contact. He won't get anything better in the EPL, or better status at the club level.

9. Açores57

Açores57 Member+

Oct 4, 2015
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    He said a few years ago he would like to play for Juve one day. With Ronaldo there now I’d expect Marcelo to land there this summer. That league suits older players and he could rotate with Alex Sandro.

Deep Pal repped this.
  10. 4x4s

4x4s Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 26, 2006
    Club:
    Real Madrid

He's not really paid that incredibly well for Premier League standards.

Özil doesn't even make the bench at Arsenal nowadays and he gets paid a lot better than him.

11. robnycus

robnycus Member+

Jun 28, 2010
    Club:
    New York Cosmos
    Wasn’t it posted here a week or so ago which put Bale’s salary in the top 5 players in the world?

12. temesgen

temesgen Member+

Jun 27, 2004
    That makes a lot of sense but I can also seem him wanting to finish his career here. I'm sure he's really doing a lot of thinking, it's not easy to make a jump but then again he's done everything here. No easy answers.

Digital repped this.
  13. 4x4s

4x4s Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 26, 2006
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    He's top 5 including endorsements and bonuses. As far as i know, Messi, Ronaldo, Neymar, Pogba, Sanchez, for example all earn more than him.

He earns 15 to 17 mil. base salary depending on who you believe. He pushed higher than his basic salary through the bonuses we've paid out in the past years with the CL trophies.

14. YOUNGSTARS87

YOUNGSTARS87 Yellow C@rd Bandit

Dec 21, 2005
    Bale earns more wages than Pogba

15. Nathanial Essex

Nathanial Essex Member+

Real Madrid
    England
    Mar 19, 2017
    I am in two minds about Hazard, mainly because of his price. Similar to how Juventus got Dybala and Liverpool Salah under the radar, right now I would rather go for someone like Pepe.

Either way, if we do get Hazard, he doesn't solve our goal scoring problem. We need a replacement for Ronaldo and that is someone who will comfortably score 25+ league goals a season.

16. libertao

libertao Member+

Mar 15, 2006
    Easy to just remember the ones that worked out though and forget those that didn't pan out -- survivorship bias.

Anon. repped this.
  17. 4x4s

4x4s Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 26, 2006
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Funny because I see all websites reporting his new contract as being 17 to 18 gbp which would put it at 20 mil. at the highest. Now idea where they got this figure from.

18. temesgen

temesgen Member+

Jun 27, 2004
    Dividing salary by actual minutes played

19. YOUNGSTARS87

YOUNGSTARS87 Yellow C@rd Bandit

Dec 21, 2005
    Rodrygo came on as a sub yesterday and scored an open header. He came on playing on the right and central.

The sites I have seen (CNBC Money, Forbes, etc) use these same figures. These aren't gossip rags which "adapt" information for their views.

Prit Javier repped this.
  20. robertocarlos3

robertocarlos3 Member+

Jan 9, 2012
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Everything for him will get dropped once he leaves Madrid. The endorsements, the CL bonuses and his salary because of how injured he is.
    He is probably looking at 50% drop. Why would he want to leave?
    We're completely fu(ked with his situation, unless solari gets the nod to bench and dry him like we do with Isco, which he clearly didn't because Perez (or the "bosses" as you called it on another thread) didn't gave the order.

Prit Javier repped this.
  21. 4x4s

4x4s Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 26, 2006
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Isco who has barely featured in a professional football match this season has signed a new contract with Adidas after a bidding war between them and Nike. Brands don't sit there and look at how many minutes a player has played, they are looking for brand representation.

Most of Bale's endorsements are more regionally relevant in the british/us markets so they'll most likely be thrilled to have him back on their home turf.

Bale can easily talk himself into a 300k per week contract in the Premier League.

Anon. and Prit Javier repped this.
  22. Prit Javier

Prit Javier Member+

Real Madrid
    England
    May 9, 2018
    Perez should have sold him while we had the chance!

23. robnycus

robnycus Member+

Jun 28, 2010
    Club:
    New York Cosmos
    300k per week I am sure he can get but that is almost a 100k per week salary reduction.

Prit Javier repped this.
  24. Saeta Rubia

Saeta Rubia Member+

May 28, 2010
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    Pepe was benched for last Porto game after a few bad results and Militao returned to CB position. They won 2-0.

Anon. and Prit Javier repped this.