Out With The Old & In With 7he New - Transfers, Rumors, & Lies Thread

Discussion in 'Real Madrid' started by Nathanial Essex, Sep 2, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Açores57

Açores57 Member+

Oct 4, 2015
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Yup. Rui Costa was just as good as Figo on his day, such a decisive player.

2. YOUNGSTARS87

YOUNGSTARS87 Yellow C@rd Bandit

Dec 21, 2005
    Seriously? This kid looks insanely talented amd confident.

I just wany him to develop into a more lethal Benzema. Vinicius can develop into a more flairful Cristiano. Rodrygo can develop into a more explosive and creative Bale (or babyNeymar).

Then we got BBC again... or at least RFV

Prit Javier and Saeta Rubia repped this.
  3. HZinho

HZinho Member+

Apr 2, 2013
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    I really, really liked Rui Costa as well. A superb player in all respect and a joy to watch (super fluid in terms of his technique). To be honest, he's a rare talent in terms of natural ability. I'd still rate Figo higher though. Figo was simply too much for almost a decade, one of the best wingers of all time IMO.

Having said the above, I do get where you're coming from!

Deep Pal, Zidane05, Ahmadi8 and 2 others repped this.
  4. J-Mezzy

J-Mezzy Member+

Oct 14, 2013
    Orlando
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    Figo, Rui Costa, Cristiano?

That's nice and all. But is the kid ugly? That's the priority around here.

Shay Z, Zidane05 and Prit Javier repped this.
  5. Prit Javier

Prit Javier Member+

Real Madrid
    England
    May 9, 2018
    Yep that was the golden generation !

6. Digital

Digital Member+

Dec 10, 2012
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Yeah, won’t get into the Rui/ Figo thing but not sure how anyone can put Rui Costa and Pauletta in the same bracket, Rui was far better at what he did, loved to watch him play

Deep Pal, ABB94, HZinho and 5 others repped this.
  7. Saeta Rubia

Saeta Rubia Member+

May 28, 2010
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    Hsain85, PigBenis, madridista_hr and 4 others repped this.
  8. Saeta Rubia

Saeta Rubia Member+

May 28, 2010
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    Pauleta was underrated though. He was a very good striker for Portugal. And yea, Rui in between Figo and Pauleta.

Deep Pal, Digital, Ahmadi8 and 1 other person repped this.
  9. Eddie

Eddie Member+

Oct 19, 2005
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    I didn't watch the game, but i think i saw Militao playing as a RB? Why is that?

10. Saeta Rubia

Saeta Rubia Member+

May 28, 2010
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    Porto signed Pepe in January so shifted Militao to RB to accommodate him. CB is his best position though. I saw him at RB vs Sporting recently. Very solid defensively, but doesn't have the offensive game to play RB.

Anon. repped this.
  11. Açores57

Açores57 Member+

Oct 4, 2015
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Pauleta was frustrating to watch for Portugal. Flat track bully for the NT side. Rarely if ever scored in a big match or tough competition. Most supporters preferred Nuno Gomes when the going got tough.

12. Doni

Doni Member+

Dec 4, 2010
    London
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    He had also been playing RB in Brazil from a Youtube clip I saw. Suppose he has the pace for it as well.

Prit Javier repped this.
  13. Shay Z

Shay Z Moderator
    Staff Member

Jan 3, 2007
    Don't take the "next Cristiano" tag the media likes to put on players seriously...……. that's just them. No serious person can say that. Don't even entertain the thought of that asinine tag when thinking about a 19yr old kid on the come up.

Joao Felix is crazy talented from what I've seen. With the right guidance and mentality he could be special. His game has a lot of attributes which other youngsters dream about.

14. Saeta Rubia

Saeta Rubia Member+

May 28, 2010
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    Yea, he played RB with Sao Paulo and there's a whole compilation of it. I wasn't impressed though. Only thing he had was pace when there was space, but no take on abilities or good crossing. His best offensive attribute is his ability to score in the air.

Prit Javier and Excape Goat repped this.
  15. Halycon

Halycon Member+

Aug 24, 2010
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Sancho and De Ligt, all i'm asking for. Vinicius, Rodrygo, Sancho can fight it out who plays.

16. Excape Goat

Excape Goat Member+

Mar 18, 1999
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    I watched te game vs Roma. That was how I saw him too. I did not see him the air.

Meanwhile, I like Roma's right winger Nicolo Zaniolo. I never heard of him before the game. I was impressed with him before his two goals. Anyway, from Youtube, he is probably not a natural right winger.

17. Eddie

Eddie Member+

Oct 19, 2005
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    To be honest, i don't want anyone messing up with Vinicius's progress right now. The only thing i would sign is a veteran winger to cover for him and give him rest at times.

18. Excape Goat

Excape Goat Member+

Mar 18, 1999
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    The veteran cannot be Hazard anymore. Hazard will take away VJ's minutes, and both of them needs to start most games. It is hard to find someone who is willing to sit on the bench while being in our standard.

19. Prit Javier

Prit Javier Member+

Real Madrid
    England
    May 9, 2018
    Militao for Ramos long term replacement would be fine. Vinicius needs only a back up but we can see how it pans out this season

20. YOUNGSTARS87

YOUNGSTARS87 Yellow C@rd Bandit

Dec 21, 2005
    I'd always sign Neymar, but for me more and more Hazard is becoming less and option.

I like the player individually, but the warning signs are there. He never plays on the right and he is too stubborn to change or adapt his game to one where he quickly releases balls instead of holding on to them forver like Isco.

The closer we get to summer the more cloudy things get in terms of transfer policy.

One thing is certain; we must get Eriksen.

Anon., Digital, Deep Pal and 3 others repped this.
  21. Saeta Rubia

Saeta Rubia Member+

May 28, 2010
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--

Prit Javier repped this.
  22. Prit Javier

Prit Javier Member+

Real Madrid
    England
    May 9, 2018
    Maybe we have lost interest or said we will see end of the season. I don't think Vinicius will get benched for Hazard anyway.

J-Mezzy repped this.
  23. madridlover123

Real Madrid
    Spain
    Sep 30, 2018
    Heung min son from spurs. Great player. I’d say he’s better than hazard and Neymar at the moment and is more consistent than both and less injury prone. He can play left wing or as a striker. He wouldn’t cost as much either because Tottenham have no money. I hope him being South Korean doesn’t put Perez off.

24. Saeta Rubia

Saeta Rubia Member+

May 28, 2010
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    Well, he has a contract until 2023. Spurs don't have money to sign, but they don't sell their best players easily either. Levy will ask for an insane sum. And why would Flo be put off by his nationality? Asia is a massive market and South Korea has so many mega companies. Son as a star at a super club will bring in sponsorships. But I don't see Levy selling for less than Coutinho fee.

J-Mezzy repped this.
  25. Excape Goat

Excape Goat Member+

Mar 18, 1999
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Actually, Rodrygo also plays on the left, right? We might not need an extra left winger.

Ahmadi8 repped this.