Out With The Old & In With 7he New - Transfers, Rumors, & Lies Thread

Discussion in 'Real Madrid' started by Nathanial Essex, Sep 2, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Prit Javier

Prit Javier Member+

Real Madrid
    England
    May 9, 2018
    Well if Levy lets him leave for free then hes stupid lol however they have lost money on players in the past by rejecting offers. The stadium has ended up costing up more than they expected so really they need some money.

Anon. repped this.
  2. YOUNGSTARS87

YOUNGSTARS87 Yellow C@rd Bandit

Dec 21, 2005
    How do you rate Jovic?

Bundesliga is your expertise, so let us know..

Also, how do you seem him compared to that supertalent Felix?

Prit Javier repped this.
  3. 4x4s

4x4s Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 26, 2006
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    If you ask me there's always some super striker popping up in Germany and disappearing as quick as he appeared. I'd proceed with caution. Ibisevic was touted as the return of Gerd Müller at some point.

Anon., Deep Pal, Doni and 4 others repped this.
  4. J-Mezzy

J-Mezzy Member+

Oct 14, 2013
    Orlando
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    I was gonna say. Bundesliga strikers can be a bit risky.

Prit Javier repped this.
  5. YOUNGSTARS87

Dec 21, 2005
    I figured that was your stance because you've been pretty quiet about supporting us going all in for him.

I think Felix is insanely talented... but can he play CF? Like be productive without a striker in front of him?

Hey, maybe the smart decision is to get him as a project behind Benzema and let him develop?

Deep Pal, Prit Javier and J-Mezzy repped this.
  6. J-Mezzy

J-Mezzy Member+

Oct 14, 2013
    Orlando
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    Problem with signing an established striker in his prime is that Benzema will play no matter what. Luckily he is in terrific form, but even at his worst he will play. So it's better to sign either a developing striker or an established striker past his prime or that is not a star like chicharito a few years ago.

MerlinRM, Anon., Deep Pal and 2 others repped this.
  7. Saeta Rubia

Saeta Rubia Member+

May 28, 2010
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    Benz used to get rotated with Higuain in 2011-12 though. Given Benzema's age, it'd make sense to get a great talent and let him grow through rotation and eventually take over 1-2 years later.

Prit Javier repped this.
  8. Marco25

Marco25 Member

Sep 1, 2018
    He's not scoring but he's been as good..

9. S1na

S1na Member+

Real Madrid
    Jun 1, 2014
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Iran
    We were dreaming of the scoring part though. We never used CR7 to play deep and create. We have many midfielders and the best attacking fullback in the world for that. The whole team was ill this season. All vets used to play like they don't care. I honestly doubt if having Ronaldo would have changed much.

Prit Javier repped this.
  10. cromagnum

cromagnum Member+

Aug 13, 2007
    As someone who watches Frankfurt almost every week I can say Jovic is really good. I would say the most talented striker I have seen from the former Yugoslavia since Mijatovic Suker. Kid has it all. Technique left foot right foot good in the air strong and very good footballing brain. Oh and when he gets a chance most times it’s in the back of the net. Very calm and cool in front of goal. If I were to say a weakness of Jovic is he does not have great pace. Kid did really well in a backup role last season for kovac now is thriving in essentially the number 10 role as haller is the main striker up top for Frankfurt

Dr. MvN, Excape Goat, Nico777 and 2 others repped this.
  11. AppleBob86

AppleBob86 Member+

Real Madrid
    Jan 11, 2018
    BILD saying we have offered 45M for Jovic.

Deep Pal repped this.
  12. J-Mezzy

J-Mezzy Member+

Oct 14, 2013
    Orlando
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    Seems awfully low

Prit Javier and Anon. repped this.
  13. YOUNGSTARS87

Dec 21, 2005
    I think he is a great talent (finishing) but I only seen a handful of his games and some highlights.

The concerns other posters brought are legitimate

14. Shay Z

Shay Z Moderator
    Staff Member

Jan 3, 2007
    Wow..... that's a boner killer.

I don't see him as a permanent RW option but if he ends up outshining Rodrygo in that spot then why not. I suggested the Pipita route because like him Felix would have a CF in front of him who plays every game for at least 2 more seasons. It's just for his growth, predicated on the assumption that he can develop into a CF. I have only seen YouTube videos. He "seems" like he can play any attacking position and his finishing is really smooth which lends me to assume he can be a CF.

He has so much frickin talent. Wow. I was very impressed.

If Benzema is "the best 9 in the world" according to the decision maker than all dreams of Lewandowski and others are dead. It would be more likely they want to go for a 19yr old and develop him in Madrid and on loan for a couple of years.

15. HZinho

HZinho Member+

Apr 2, 2013
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Yeah, I've seen some of that Felix kid and...jesus, his technique, vision and passing seems ridiculous. He has other qualities as well it seems, but those are things that are very hard to teach. Clearly supremely talented and needs to develop in the right environment. Shame about Mendes...

J-Mezzy repped this.
  16. Açores57

Açores57 Member+

Oct 4, 2015
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    I see Felix in the Kaka/Rui Costa mould. Nothing to me indicates he can play with his back to goal as a CF. We have Vinicius, Rodrygo, Brahim, Odegaard, Asensio who play wide.

Felix is also a Mendes client, Perez has cut ties with Mendes so we shouldn’t hold our breath.

17. cromagnum

cromagnum Member+

Aug 13, 2007
    I get it. Others have done this is in Bundesliga could be one hit wonder in the league ect. Dzeko maybe the best example of someone who excelled in the bundesliga then did very well in other leagues as well. No way Frankfurt keeps him and if Madrid does not buy him Bayern certainly will. No I don’t think he’s the next ibisevic. Far better talent overall then ibisevic.

18. Nico777

Nico777 Member+

Olympique de marseille
    Croatia
    Oct 19, 2017
    Difference here is that he didn't score only in bundesliga but also 5 goals in 6 games in europa league.
    If he is fit he might end the season between 30 and 40 goals...
    I don't think many 21 y o strikers did that in germany.
    In serbia he is known as one of the most promising talents sold by red star belgrade....one of the youth teams managers said about him that he would be one of the best strikers in europe when he was 17-18 and already away.

19. YOUNGSTARS87

Dec 21, 2005
    You don't think that's at least remotely possible?

He's comfortable centrally, at least from his highlights..

20. Saeta Rubia

Saeta Rubia Member+

May 28, 2010
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    #4620 Saeta Rubia, Feb 12, 2019
    Last edited: Feb 12, 2019
    I wouldn't imagine Kaka being able to play as supporting striker in flat 4-4-2. Mbappe did that with Falcao at Monaco. Benfica also has Pizzi who's playing well on the right.

https://www.whoscored.com/Matches/1301481/Live/Portugal-Liga-NOS-2018-2019-Benfica-Nacional

He seems to get stuck in and fight for long balls from match highlights I've seen. Besides, I don't think our team needs a back to the goal striker like Dzeko. Higuain was never that and became a No.9 through his ability to run behind the defense. Benz also get stuck in and keep CBs busy in the air, but more of a 9.5 in his style. Felix is a good header of the ball at 19 as well.

And I disagree about your earlier post about Portuguese hype about Bruma, Guedes etc regarding Felix rumours. Felix is in top tier interms of natural talent imo. Can be world class with the right attitude. Bruma also made the greedy choice of going to Turkey as a teenager. Felix is more talented than Bernardo Silva who's a good player at City.

Shay Z and Zidane05 repped this.
  21. Açores57

Açores57 Member+

Oct 4, 2015
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    I just think if we’re paying a massive fee for a player we should play him where he’ll excel, not a position he might be able to play in. And again, there’s the whole Mendes thing, Perez has cut ties with Mendes clients, I don’t think it’s a coincidence.

I do rate Felix, he’s a big talent. All I said was he isn’t the first to be labelled the next Cristiano Ronaldo. Approach with caution when it comes to this media hype.

22. Saeta Rubia

Saeta Rubia Member+

May 28, 2010
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    I think Ronaldo's bar is too high that it might be impossible for anyone to reach for next few decades let alone talents from Portugal. He's one of the all time greats. Ron was termed as the next Figo at Sporting, but ended up being so great that now can be only compared with Eusebio.

Felix legit looks like the best talent from Portugal since Figo and Ronaldo. But those two were fearless and their mentality played a huge role in them becoming great players. Rui Costa and Pauleta were good players from the next tier, but Felix is more talented than them. Nani had good talent though not elite, but was another Robinho interms of attitude. It was only 'cos he played for SAF who kept him semi-focused that his career wasn't in free fall mode earlier.

ABB94 repped this.
  23. Deep Pal

Deep Pal Member+

Jun 19, 2013
    India,Kolkata
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    India
    I am not seeing the hype with this kid. Hope I am wrong.

24. Zidane05

Zidane05 Moderator
    Staff Member

Jul 18, 2005
    Toronto
    I don't know about you, but Rui Costa is right up there with Figo for me. Dude was a baller and so underrated. He was elite.

Anon., Digital and Prit Javier repped this.
  25. Saeta Rubia

Saeta Rubia Member+

May 28, 2010
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    Maybe he had the class to match Figo, but he stayed at Fiorentina for too long. And unlike Batigol, he never had the stature as the top tier of his generation. Maybe if he played more of his prime years at Milan, he'd be considered at a similar level to Figo. Figo was the toughest winger to defend for a good 7-8 years and remained world class until 2003.