Our Next Coach

Discussion in 'LA Galaxy' started by Lazy Assed Assassin, Apr 23, 2017.

1. Lazy Assed Assassin

Jul 21, 2015
    I'm past the fire Onalfo stage, I assume now it's when not if. So who do we hire?

• Sigi is an obvious choice, he's worked with Pete though the power structure was reversed and I'm not sure keeping Pete is a good thing though I'm willing to give Pete a shot.
    • Bradley. Has a decent history in MLS, but not amazing and hasn't coached in this league for a while.
    • Klinsmann. Okay I'm on record being anti-Klinsmann for the USMNT from the very beginning, but he might actually be a decent choice for LA.
    • Sarachan. It would I presume require much groveling from Klein & Pete

2. Beakmon FC

Beakmon FC Member+

LA Galaxy
    United States
    Jan 10, 2002
    The OC
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I'm really looking forward to a press conference in the next few days naming Ante Razov as interim head coach

73Bruin repped this.
  3. Geneva

Geneva LA for Life

Feb 5, 2003
    Southern Cal
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Bradley #1, Sigi would be better than what we've got, Klinsmann never in a million years unless you want to lose and be told you should be grateful for it. Get Berhalter back? I'm assuming Sarachan is not an option anymore.

Beirut repped this.
  4. Beirut

Beirut Member+

Feb 3, 2010
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Bradley is choice #1. If he isn't, Pete should step down.

5. 7E23

7E23 Member+

Jul 7, 2008
    Long Beach
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  6. Lazy Assed Assassin

Jul 21, 2015
    I'd hate to see the coaches who lost out to Curt. I mean we could be dead last instead of second to last. Bullet dodged.

hav77 repped this.
  7. Benny Dargle

Benny Dargle Member+

Jul 23, 2008
    LA
    Part of the problem with Onalfo's hire is that it was the product of two thoughts with the team. If we were going all-in on the youth movement, then maybe he might have made sense since he coached many of these guys with the GIIs. But since we also were bringing in strong-willed vets like Jones to go along with existing vets like Van Damme, Cole, etc., we also needed someone who could manage egos and the locker room. He's clearly unable to do the latter and he's not even doing the former very well, with Smith being the only success story and Diop a mixed bag at best. If Husidic is your first guy off the bench and you are signing MLS journeymen strikers to displace McBean, you sound like you are just following the Arena playbook without the Arena intangible qualities.

Berks, Papillon Soo Soo, 73Bruin and 3 others repped this.
  8. Benny Dargle

Benny Dargle Member+

Jul 23, 2008
    LA
    Sigi is likely the most up-to-speed on the team. He apparently has been to every Galaxy home game thus far, sitting in the Galaxy box most recently, and he reportedly was at the Los Dos game last night. I suspect he even may be working for the Galaxy already in some unofficial advisory capacity, probably advising Pete, who he coached at UCLA and LA. Razov was also on his staff at Seattle, so there would be continuity. I don't know if Sigi would be the best to manage this collection of personalities, but he's the most likely candidate to offer a quick fix option.

9. wcmanes

wcmanes Member

May 28, 1999
    Riverside, Ca, USA
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I think the best choice is just a little south of the border

GalaxyOne repped this.
  10. WarGalaxy

WarGalaxy Member+

May 29, 2011
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Sigi is exactly the type of predictable hiring that Klein and co. are capable of.

11. The Cadaver

The Cadaver It's very quiet here.

Oct 24, 2000
    La Cañada, CA
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Which doesn't in and of itself make that a bad choice.

Berks and 73Bruin repped this.
  12. skydog

skydog Member+

Aug 1, 1999
    Durham, NC
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Sigi wouldn't be an exciting pick but he's definitely a good coach and of course knows MLS inside/out. And unlike Curt, Sigi's teams have won a lot more than they lost. It was probably time for a change in Seattle but he also got screwed by getting fired a game or two before the cavalry arrived in the form of Lodeiro.

If JK becomes coach I'm finding a new team to support. I don't want to wear out my remote mute button.

Berks, ragbone, StillKickin and 6 others repped this.
  13. Beakmon FC

Beakmon FC Member+

LA Galaxy
    United States
    Jan 10, 2002
    The OC
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

I think JK is just a little behind Sigi

Berks, StillKickin, TrickHog and 3 others repped this.
  14. wcmanes

wcmanes Member

May 28, 1999
    Riverside, Ca, USA
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Anyone else think Herrera could be a good choice?

15. The Cadaver

The Cadaver It's very quiet here.

Oct 24, 2000
    La Cañada, CA
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Well, he'd be a lot more fun than Onolfo.

16. wcmanes

wcmanes Member

May 28, 1999
    Riverside, Ca, USA
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    And he won't have any problem doing things his way. Personally, I think his way will be much much better that Curt, Sigi, and Bradley. He pretty much said he's up for the challenge.

GalaxyOne repped this.
  17. JPAR

JPAR Member

Aug 21, 2013
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    I'll take anyone with pedigree at this point. It can't get any worse then the current dis-organization on the field. Only question is how long Klein takes.

I still like Berhalter - but obviously too late for this season.

18. Benny Dargle

Benny Dargle Member+

Jul 23, 2008
    LA
    Careful what you wish for. Frank Yallop has pedigree, Galaxy connections, and is newly-available.

USL‏Verified account @USL 1h1 hour ago

BREAKING: Frank Yallop has resigned as @PHXRisingFC Head Coach Search for new boss to begin immediately. http://uslsoc.cr/2oowkBK

WarGalaxy and The Beautiful Gamer repped this.
  19. napper

napper Member+

Jan 14, 2014
    Fullerton
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Piojo would be interesting. Maybe he could get the best out of Gio?

I like Sigi. If the change comes this month, than Sigi is my pick over Bob.

We could place Razov as interim with the understanding that we're looking for a permanent replacement come summer.

Never JK.

20. wcmanes

wcmanes Member

May 28, 1999
    Riverside, Ca, USA
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Yallop would be worse than Onalfo--possibly much worse

GalaxyOne, 73Bruin, The Cadaver and 3 others repped this.
  21. skydog

skydog Member+

Aug 1, 1999
    Durham, NC
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    I don't think that is possible.

(And no, I don't want Yallop anywhere close to our team. Been there, done that and sure as hell don't want to do it again.)

73Bruin repped this.
  22. 100fyers

100fyers Member+

Aug 30, 2010
    SoCal
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I've said once I'll say it again, get me Claudio Ranieri! The man can take Leicester City to the premier league title with (by EPL standards a shoe string budget and cast offs) then the man can do absolutely better than Onalfo! Get me someone with football pedigree not MLS ties. If Onalfo is still in charge in August when we play ATL FC it will be the first time I concede defeat before the match, there is no way and I mean no way in hell Curt out coaches Tata Martino it will be ugly we will be massacred. There is no hope as long as that clown is the manager of the club.

GalaxyOne and The Beautiful Gamer repped this.
  23. Lazy Assed Assassin

Jul 21, 2015
    It’s sounding more & more like it might have been his #2 that was the actual architect. A Ranieri type would need a GM steeped in MLS rules as well. I don’t know that Pete is that guy, in theory he has all the right experience, in practice he’s been party to selecting a weak coach that most of us knew would be weak and orchestrated some very questionable roster moves.

24. rokstedy

rokstedy Member+

I love commieball
    Apr 20, 2001
    Northwest Orange County
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    No JK. Bradley for sure but if not, maybe Sigi. Sorry for my ignorance, but who is Herrera?

25. L.A. Native

L.A. Native Member+

Aug 1, 2013
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    #25 L.A. Native, Apr 24, 2017
    Last edited: Apr 24, 2017
    Coaches TJ now. Won MX title a couple years ago with América and coached the Mexican NT in between.

Gotta say I do like his passion.

[​IMG]