Other Teams ** Only Italy ** [R]

Discussion in 'AS Roma' started by DDR, Feb 19, 2013.

1. whill4

whill4 Moderator
    Staff Member

AS Roma
    Sep 11, 2011
    Returning Video Tapes
    Club:
    New York City FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Fassone said at the start of the season they had a plan if they missed CL, but it sounded like that plan was just to sell players to make up for it. Which is a pretty crappy plan.

There's still a long season to go, but I don't really think they have a very valuable squad. Donarumma is maybe their only payday, and Bonucci they could possibly break even on. But the rest? Meh.

2. Hustle and Flo

Hustle and Flo Member+

May 20, 2015
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Nat'l Team:
    Canada
    Well, ain't that just peachy?

What a f'in mess. I hope you're both a little wrong for Serie A's sake.

3. Hustle and Flo

Hustle and Flo Member+

May 20, 2015
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Nat'l Team:
    Canada
    Ah, I'd say there are definitely some other players that could retrieve some big chuck transfer fees. Patrick Cutrone, Suso , Romagnoli, Kessie, Locatelli etc.

4. Java65

Java65 Member+

Oct 2, 2012
    North Carolina
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    [
    I agree. A strong ACM is good for Seria A and good for all the teams in the league, including Roma.

Take away one of the leagues most iconic clubs and it hurts everyone.

romanista8910 repped this.
  5. Java65

Java65 Member+

Oct 2, 2012
    North Carolina
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    .. and Silva, he might actually be the best of the bunch. I do like Suso too.

wm72 repped this.
  6. Shen-O

Shen-O Member+

United States
    Jul 26, 2005
    Los Angeles
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    We need to rescue Suso from Milan. If the Scudetto is still on January, just go and get him!

Andreas and Java65 repped this.
  7. whill4

whill4 Moderator
    Staff Member

AS Roma
    Sep 11, 2011
    Returning Video Tapes
    Club:
    New York City FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    They spent 30 million on Kessie and Romagnoli, and Suso has a 50 million buy out clause. I just don't see anyone meeting these values by next summer.

8. Hustle and Flo

Hustle and Flo Member+

May 20, 2015
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Nat'l Team:
    Canada
    Tough to say, re-sale value almost becomes irrelevant if they've got to come up with 250 plus million, no?

Java65 and wm72 repped this.
  9. romanista8910

romanista8910 Member+

May 7, 2010
    Roma
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    If this is all true, Milan's starting eleven is going to look like Benevento's primavera bench team next season + Montolivo.

10. Il Ciuccio

Il Ciuccio Member+

Feb 17, 2010
    Club:
    SSC Napoli
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
  11. Java65

Java65 Member+

Oct 2, 2012
    North Carolina
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    This. Also, I don't think Li ever cared about CL or repaying the loan because honestly CL isn't going to help them.

The last few years Roma and ACM have had roughly the same income and lets assume their expenses are roughly the same. Roma had a 40 mil loss that season without CL so it's safe to assume ACM had roughly the same (I remember in May their expected loss was 70+ mil). Now assume they are fantastic, win SA and win EL that plus the CL money would get them what about 60-80 mil more than last year? Let's be generous and say they earn an extra 100 mil above last season Where the hell are they getting the other 150 mil from? Nobody in the world but Elliott would loan them money.

CL or not ACM are never going to be able to repay that debt without selling off at least 100 mil in players. Which means they'll have to sell every player of value to come up with that kind of money and at a loss because they overpaid for a LOT of those players.

12. Salmeen10

Salmeen10 Member+

Jan 10, 2014
    Bahrain
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Nat'l Team:
    Bahrain
  13. Salmeen10

Salmeen10 Member+

Jan 10, 2014
    Bahrain
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Nat'l Team:
    Bahrain
    916303934943383552 is not a valid tweet id

14. Java65

Java65 Member+

Oct 2, 2012
    North Carolina
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    #30539 Java65, Oct 6, 2017
    Last edited: Oct 6, 2017

This is pretty good from Marcotti regarding ACM and he breaks it down really well. He's one of the few people at ESPN that actually is good at his job.

15. Shen-O

Shen-O Member+

United States
    Jul 26, 2005
    Los Angeles
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Milan about to have 2 gangs from 2 different continents collecting...neither Milan team owns any part of San Siro or they'd have lost that by now too...

16. La Magica

La Magica Member+

Aug 1, 2011
    Club:
    AS Roma
    I dont rate him that highly given some of the bias shit he's said in years gone by on British tv. On this interview, talk about a chicken shit prediction. He cant be that deluded to think Milan have the slightest of chances of top 4 and he leans towards Roma as the better team. lol

wm72 repped this.
  17. La Magica

La Magica Member+

Aug 1, 2011
    Club:
    AS Roma
    romanista8910, Shen-O, wm72 and 2 others repped this.
  18. Salmeen10

Salmeen10 Member+

Jan 10, 2014
    Bahrain
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Nat'l Team:
    Bahrain
  19. Insigne4BalonD'or

SSC Napoli
    Italy
    Apr 6, 2017
    In Hiding with Sal's mom
    What's going on with Milan is awful, Montella isn't the type of coach to lead a team to a scudetto, or a coach that can overachieve consistently, he's the type to achieve what his squad is capable of with a midtable-good team similar to what he did with Fiorentina coming 4th 2 seasons running. He's doing the same with Milan, they're a completely new team and they look like one

20. La Magica

La Magica Member+

Aug 1, 2011
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Belu is a POS. I doubt the new owners understand much about the game either if they thought they could just buy players and get automatic champions league. No manager would do it in a year, including the world's best. It was always going to be a year of learning and next year they could be dangerous. If they've went in over their heads and need champions league to keep these players what a pack of jokers they have running the club.

If they didn't trust Montella to grow they should have got rid of him in the summer. He's still a young manager who could potentially be anything yet. He built Fiorentina team who had weaknesses but they did play a tidy style of football. They were smooth on the pitch and with better players at his disposal here in time it's totally possible he improves again.

He's probably better out if this clusterfcuk though.

Oban14, whill4, Java65 and 2 others repped this.
  21. whill4

whill4 Moderator
    Staff Member

AS Roma
    Sep 11, 2011
    Returning Video Tapes
    Club:
    New York City FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Berlu wanted to keep Brocchi as coach if that is any indication of how much his opinion matters, lol.

22. falvo

falvo Member+

Mar 27, 2005
    San Jose & Florence
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    Watching Palermo -Parma in Serie B. Great ro see Parma move back up right away after being relegated to the 4th tier.

23. falvo

falvo Member+

Mar 27, 2005
    San Jose & Florence
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    RIP Aldo Biscardi!

Popular Italian journalist, Aldo Biscardi, dies aged 86

[​IMG]

24. whill4

whill4 Moderator
    Staff Member

AS Roma
    Sep 11, 2011
    Returning Video Tapes
    Club:
    New York City FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  25. Java65

Java65 Member+

Oct 2, 2012
    North Carolina
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Geez, I don't know who is more painful to watch US or Italy.