OT: Patriots vs. Steelers [R]

Discussion in 'New England Revolution' started by Khansingh, Sep 10, 2002.

1. Khansingh

Khansingh New Member

Jan 8, 2002
    The Luton Palace
    So the Pats just finished reaming the sad-sack Steelers, and they show Tom Brady's reserved space in front of Shaver Stadium. Does Steve Nicol have his own space?

2. Popero

Popero Member

Jul 5, 2002
    CT
    We clobbered them. Gilette Stadium is treating us all rather nicely as of late...

3. twell_girl

twell_girl New Member

Jul 28, 2002
    cali
    do the revs have their own locker room, aside from the patriots'?

...ciao!

4. MouseyTongue

MouseyTongue New Member

Feb 16, 2001
    a box in the Chairma
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Sure, but the Steelers left it a mess ;)

5. goussoccer

goussoccer Member+

May 23, 2001
    Avon, CT
    The Revs do have their own locker room and it isn't used for any other purposes...at least not for visiting football teams.

Last night the stadium looked great - full, rocking, with George Bush Sr. (and was that the PM of Japan?) with Kraft and the Pats kicking butt and taking names. It was a visible reminder of why the Krafts focus a bit more on football than soccer. That said, I loved seeing the center circle and 18 yard box lines on the field.

Here's to hoping we see that kind of atmosphere for a soccer game at Shaver stadium some day. (When the World Cup comes to the US or when Man U comes to town...??)

6. JBG - Bribe Taker

Mar 17, 2000
    Mt. Pleasant, SC
    Club:
    Charleston
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    You beat me to it. I was going to start a thread wondering out loud if the pointy ballers were bitchin about seeing those soccer lines. Hell, they probably didn't even know what they were. Probably thought the lining crew had a few too many at lunch.

7. Danizinho

Danizinho New Member

Jul 7, 2000
    The Patriots have their own lockerroom and weight room which they do not share with anyone.

The visiting NFL team has its own lockerroom, which is shared by the visiting MLS teams.

The Revs have a designated lockerroom. However, it's shared with the Patriettes, aka The New England Patriots Cheerleaders. The cheerleaders use it to change into their garb on game day.

So if any of the Revs should ever have a problem with bloating or cramping, they wouldn't have to go far to find a solution. :)

Guys, FWIW (Remember, I'm just the messenger), the Revs entire payroll wouldn't cover the witholdings on Tom Brady's $10,000,000 bonus - that might give you a little inkling as to why they get the bigger billing. Also, the Pats have an incentive for the player(s) who attend a targeted amount of workouts. Brady, and six others, exceeded the goal and that's why they have a parking space. Ironically, Bob Kraft doesn't have a parking space - then again, he can park anywhere he'd like.

It's like I said before: Gillette Stadium is the Patriots' castle and public housing for the Revs. That's just the way it is...

8. rkupp

rkupp Member+

Jan 3, 2001
    Imagine the attendance would be pretty good if the Revs scheduled a Sunday morning workout!

9. Dr Jay

Dr Jay BigSoccer Supporter

Aug 7, 1999
    Newton, MA USA
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Revs Locker Room

Supposedly the Revs have the nicest facility in the league right now. They do have their own locker space, weight room and treatment area.

The Revs might not get their own parking spaces but they do get Pats tickets. Anyone see a couple of "football" players of the round variety at the Pats game last night ?

10. Port_Qaz

Port_Qaz New Member

Sep 17, 2001
    raynham, MA
    I was surprised about that. At the game Saturday it looked liked they lined the field with some different kind of paint that would be easier to remove for the Pats game. It was being scattered every time somebody stepped on it.

11. thurd

thurd New Member

Jul 31, 2001
    Melrose, MA
    i figured that it wasnt really paint, just like dust or chalk or something that they put down?

12. Rickster

Rickster Member

Dec 1, 1998
    Re: Revs Locker Room

Are you kidding, by selling those tickets, they can double their salary. ;-)

13. soccertim

soccertim Member

Mar 29, 2001
    Mass
    Re: Re: Revs Locker Room

As long as they don't try to sell them on eBay. Since the tickets are part of their compensation package, Kraft will have the right to revoke their entire salary retroactively...

14. rkupp

rkupp Member+

Jan 3, 2001
    Yeah, for the Revs game and the Pats game they reverted to chalk, like in the olden times. I like it - most of it can be vacuumed up to change the lines. It also helps the officiating along the sidelines when the chalk kicks up.