Osorio wins his 2nd title....

Discussion in 'New York Red Bulls' started by msilverstein47, Dec 17, 2013.

1. henryo

henryo Member+

Jun 26, 2007
  2. tigersoccer2005

tigersoccer2005 Member+

Dec 1, 2003
    North Bergen, NJ
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I feel good for him--he deserved it as he he was always a hard worker. I can remember him scirbbling like crazy in his little notebook during matches and always playing around with formations trying to find the perfect lineup. I only wish his success had come while he was with us rather than when he left us.

3. tigersoccer2005

tigersoccer2005 Member+

Dec 1, 2003
    North Bergen, NJ
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    In Red Bull alumni related news I also have to congratulate Magee for having won the league MVP and just for having had a resurgence in Chicago after everyone thought he was done once he was traded from the Galaxy.

4. theENFORCER

theENFORCER Member

Apr 10, 2010
    NY
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I don't think anyone thought he was done. He was LA's best player before the trade and the only reason they traded him was for the publicity stunt of Robbie Rogers.

5. tigersoccer2005

tigersoccer2005 Member+

Dec 1, 2003
    North Bergen, NJ
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    What I meant by my comment: I heard a lot of talk at the time o f the trade that the only reason Magee had been successful in Galaxy was because Becks and Keane had attracted all the defensive pressure so he was basically free to poach "cheap" goals in the area and that he would fall flat on his face in Chicago because he wasn't good enough. I'm glad it didn't turnout to be so.

6. henryo

henryo Member+

Jun 26, 2007
  7. msilverstein47

msilverstein47 Member+

Jan 11, 1999
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  8. tigersoccer2005

tigersoccer2005 Member+

Dec 1, 2003
    North Bergen, NJ
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Mexico will handle this the time honored way---the assistant coach will be down on the pitch with the players while Osorio will most likely be in the audience with a walkie-talkie or a phone giving instructions.