Orlando City 2017 General News Thread

Discussion in 'Orlando City SC' started by Macsen, Jan 1, 2017.

1. BigData

BigData Member+

Feb 2, 2014
    Club:
    Orlando City SC
    The scarecrow would be the one not passing the ball to the other team right in front of the goal.

2. UCFWayne

UCFWayne Member

United States
    Apr 22, 2014
    Orlando, FL
    Club:
    Orlando City SC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Not sure how he did in USL, but hed have to take a massive step to get some MLS playing time. I believe the other draft pick from a later round saw more playing time.

3. UCFWayne

UCFWayne Member

United States
    Apr 22, 2014
    Orlando, FL
    Club:
    Orlando City SC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  4. Leondecollao

Leondecollao Member

Oct 26, 2010
    Orlando, FL
    Club:
    Orlando City SC
  5. Leondecollao

Leondecollao Member

Oct 26, 2010
    Orlando, FL
    Club:
    Orlando City SC
  6. BigData

BigData Member+

Feb 2, 2014
    Club:
    Orlando City SC
    Conflicting info on Twitter as to whether he is Chicago bound. It seems to be Orlando or Chicago, so there is hope.

7. FijiUnited

FijiUnited Member+

Feb 21, 2007
    Orlando
    Club:
    Orlando City SC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    He's a Chicago native so that seems the more likely destination. That's too bad. I'd be honored to have a (technically) former Man Utd player here.

8. BigData

BigData Member+

Feb 2, 2014
    Club:
    Orlando City SC
    #33 BigData, Jan 19, 2017
    Last edited: Jan 19, 2017
    The latest is that Doyle and Tenorio both consider Orlando as his probable landing spot.

UCFWayne repped this.
  9. UCFWayne

UCFWayne Member

United States
    Apr 22, 2014
    Orlando, FL
    Club:
    Orlando City SC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

Jonathan Spector to Orlando City all but done, on a discovery claim, per multiple league sources

10. mattyfire

mattyfire New Member

Dec 7, 2012
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    UCFWayne repped this.
  11. BigData

BigData Member+

Feb 2, 2014
    Club:
    Orlando City SC
    Kreis has stated they brought him in to play CB, though he can play anywhere in the back if needed. Kreis said they are happy with Ramos/Alston at RB, but I wouldn't be shocked to see Spector there at some point since we do have 7 or 8 CBs.

12. UCFWayne

UCFWayne Member

United States
    Apr 22, 2014
    Orlando, FL
    Club:
    Orlando City SC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Im more confident going into this season now. I think weve made some incremental upgrades on the back line. I think that might be all that is needed to make a playoff run. Hopefully our GM has a gem waiting to be signed in the summer window to really push us from playoff hopeful to MLS Cup contender.

13. mattyfire

mattyfire New Member

Dec 7, 2012
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Didn't see the Kreis comments but am very glad to hear it. I also am happy with Ramos/Alston on the right (and excited to see Toia on the left). On paper, much upgraded.

14. Midfield General

Jun 14, 2011
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  15. mattyfire

mattyfire New Member

Dec 7, 2012
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I'll miss ya Kevin but $650,000 in allocation money :cool::whistling:

UCFWayne and Midfield General repped this.
  16. UCFWayne

UCFWayne Member

United States
    Apr 22, 2014
    Orlando, FL
    Club:
    Orlando City SC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    now lets just hope this club can turn that $650k into something better. we will definitely miss molino's production.

Midfield General repped this.
  17. BigData

BigData Member+

Feb 2, 2014
    Club:
    Orlando City SC
    Love the guy. And I'll miss those games he was on. But I won't miss the games that he would go MIA. Too inconsistent for a guy in his mid-20s that should be the backbone of the team and not a mercurial diva.

The guy I miss is Ceren. Good game or bad, great weather or lousy weather, Ceren was always giving every ounce he had. That kind of effort is contagious, we need to find a couple more guys like that.

mattyfire, UCFWayne and Midfield General repped this.
  18. UCFWayne

UCFWayne Member

United States
    Apr 22, 2014
    Orlando, FL
    Club:
    Orlando City SC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Now that Molino is gone, we need to bring back Winter.

19. BigData

BigData Member+

Feb 2, 2014
    Club:
    Orlando City SC
    That would be nice. But we would have to bring his entire extended family.

20. UCFWayne

UCFWayne Member

United States
    Apr 22, 2014
    Orlando, FL
    Club:
    Orlando City SC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    http://www.mlssoccer.com/post/2017/02/16/armchair-analyst-22-mls-teams-22-starting-lineups-v2-0

Orlando City SC
    PREDICTED FORMATION: Still predicting some kind of 4-4-1-1

[​IMG]
    I admit I have no real idea here – I'm just spitballing with this lineup given their personnel and what they've said about Jonathan Spector's role. This team could and maybe even should look vastly different in three weeks, especially if they're able to move a few of the high-salaried players who are just taking up space.

ALTERNATE: As I mentioned in v1.0, a true 4-4-2 diamond actually makes a lot of sense for this group provided Cristian Higuita is up for it.

I dont really agree with this line up. I see Toia on the back left and Ramos on the back right. Also I would assume Nocerino would be starting.

21. BigData

BigData Member+

Feb 2, 2014
    Club:
    Orlando City SC
    I think that is close. Higuita is definitely out for the opener, and I think he's been running behind Noce anyway.

Everything I've seen points to Johnson being the box to box MF sort of in front of Noce but Kaka on the left with MPG on the right. Shea and Rivas seem to be fighting over the second forward slot where you have Kaka, though maybe that slides up just a bit.

Seems to be a dogfight at the fullback slots, though Alston is still injured which pretty much leaves him out of the running. Could easily be Ramos on the right with either PC or Toia on the left.

22. Midfield General

Jun 14, 2011
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Nocerino is a starter all day.

UCFWayne repped this.
  23. BigData

BigData Member+

Feb 2, 2014
    Club:
    Orlando City SC
    The same Nocerino that was nearly run out of town?

24. Midfield General

Jun 14, 2011
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Yeah the same Nocerino who was asked to do things in this league early on that neither his skill set nor fitness level at the time would allow for. He admittedly struggled to adjust to a new league seeing as he was a late signing who was coming off a spell in Italy where he hadn't been playing.

Also the same guy who when tasked with a different role was one of our better most consistent players in the 2nd half of the season.

His jump in quality in the 1st half of the season to the 2nd half of the season was pretty significant and I see no reason not to believe, with a full preseason under his belt this time around, he won't raise his game another notch over where he left off at the end of last season.

25. fsufiji

fsufiji Member

Apr 6, 2010
    Auburndale FL
    Club:
    Orlando City SC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I agree with Midfield General. Noce's passing was beyond horrid and I thought he was a boob. BUT upon watching the games again and watching the play of the others around him as the season went on HIS passing became spot on (87%+) Was it him or his supporting cast? He got fit, learned some more English and his teammates learned from him. Run him out of town? Nope, I look forward to seeing him today and the rest of the year leading the midfield. What is getting me down if everyday seeing a picture from the past on Facebook from us watching the team at Disney in 2012, 13, 14 and in Charlston '15, Jax '16 and seeing the Florida Cup, the Rowdies preseason double headers and we have nothing. Closed practices? At least we had a kit party this year.