Pre-match: Oranje vs. Bulgaria & Italy

Discussion in 'The Netherlands' started by Brilliant Dutch, Mar 6, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Well, he is a fine assistant and should have had the self awarenes not to be bondscoach material and refused the offer from the KNVB in the first place. No pity from me.

2. No, tactics are practiced for different options. The coach would have been an idiot not to take the debut as a possibility, also given the reputation of us for debuting young players (always attackers, not defenders that was). And it isnot that difficult to instuct the players to target de Ligt from the start, the moment it became clear he was fielded.
    That is where the bondscoach should come with a plan. We still have the striking power to hurt stronger teams than those. If they do that, there is space opening up and the coach should use that and instruct the Orange team accordingly.

3. wilson00

wilson00 Member

Oct 14, 2015
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Fred Rutten has a good resume and what about Erik Ten Hag.wasn't he the under study of pep at Bayern.

4. And he's got a very good rapport with the players/talents he worked with at PSV, Feyenoord, Twente and Vitesse!
    Sign him.

5. Belgian guy

Belgian guy Member+

Club Brugge
    Belgium
    Aug 19, 2002
    Belgium
    Club:
    Club Brugge KV
    So what were Co Adriaanse's top five on "Studio Voetbal" yesterday?

1. Van Gaal
    2. The Koeman brothers
    3. Cocu or De Boer
    4. Ten Cate and Gullit
    5. Ron Jans

6. Antario2

Antario2 Member

Jan 29, 2012
    Club:
    AFC Ajax
    I think Fred Rutten would be a good choice as assistant, but as NT manager the media will eat him alive if he isn't protected by a more media savvy personality.

7. Orange14

Orange14 Moderator
    Staff Member

Apr 27, 2007
    Bethesda, MD
    Club:
    AFC Ajax
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    There is only one person who can do this job...................wait for it.........................

wait a little longer.......................

MARCELO BIELSA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Pure attacking, hell for leather, football!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

TFC Ajax repped this.
  8. Orange14

Orange14 Moderator
    Staff Member

Apr 27, 2007
    Bethesda, MD
    Club:
    AFC Ajax
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    The 11 tegen 11 passing map and analysis was spot on. As I and some others have noted, there just are not any good Dutch MFs these days that can play middle of the field passing games. this is why the there is so much back passing and fullback play. The trouble with trying to build with the fullbacks is that they are easily pinned against the touch line and then the only choice they have is a back pass. You see this all the time with Ajax. I noted that van Marwijk solved this problem with the deep double pivot. Of course he had a 'good' Snjeider just ahead of the de Jong and van Bommel who was good on the ball and had great field vision. I don't think with this current group that they really can do something like this.

Regarding the new trainer, if they pick Klinsman it's all over for me. He was rubbish as a US NT manager. He was good at two things: finding all good German players who could qualify for the US NT team because of a parent who was born in the US and telling all the young players to find a good European club to move to as soon as possible as the US domestic league is quite bad (true words!!!!!).

9. Brilliant Dutch

Brilliant Dutch Member+

Ajax
    Netherlands
    Oct 14, 2013
    Amsterdam, Holland
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
  10. Brilliant Dutch

Brilliant Dutch Member+

Ajax
    Netherlands
    Oct 14, 2013
    Amsterdam, Holland
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    Does anyone know what pays a higher salary, a club manager or Oranje manager??

11. Clasie!

12. Orange14

Orange14 Moderator
    Staff Member

Apr 27, 2007
    Bethesda, MD
    Club:
    AFC Ajax
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    I have always thought that he has the best field vision and ball handling skills. Unfortunately, he really fades after 60 minutes.

13. 60 minutes are 60 more than we get now. Enough to win matches.
    And paired wit a runner he gets more minutes to be creative.

14. nurvin

nurvin Member

Feb 11, 2011
    He has some good passing but anything that someone like Sinkgraven can't do.
    De Roon is a Dutch footballer that should be tested in middle of the field as DM.

15. 2nd_striker

2nd_striker Member

May 21, 2008
    London
    In england more liekly that a club manager would
    Top club would pay more. But in a sense your job is easier as youre technically only working a few months a year

Brilliant Dutch repped this.
  16. JC-14

JC-14 Member+

Jan 28, 2010
    Amsterdam
    Club:
    AFC Ajax
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    Depends on which team obviously. Here's a list from the teams playing in the Euro 2016. Blind is not on it unfortunately, for obvious reasons.

http://financefootball.com/2016/03/21/salarios-seleccionadores-euro-2016/

Clasie is a way better distributor than Sinkgraven. And De Roon is another worker/runner like the 3 we have now.

Sybe Pals and Brilliant Dutch repped this.
  17. Laurent75

Laurent75 Member

Aug 2, 2014
    I think De Roon is more like a real tackling DM than a runner, isn't he ? I have never watched him to be honest.

18. Brilliant Dutch

Brilliant Dutch Member+

Ajax
    Netherlands
    Oct 14, 2013
    Amsterdam, Holland
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    Easier, but also more boring. What the hell do you do for 3 months when NT isnt playing.
    Fly around and scout potential players I guess, and pretend you know what you're doing.

I can understand why Koeman doesnt want to be manager, it really is a part-time job

19. JC-14

JC-14 Member+

Jan 28, 2010
    Amsterdam
    Club:
    AFC Ajax
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    Yes you're right. My point was more that we're lacking players who're good on the ball.

Orange14 repped this.
  20. I can do that. Where's the application form:)

21. Brilliant Dutch

Brilliant Dutch Member+

Ajax
    Netherlands
    Oct 14, 2013
    Amsterdam, Holland
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    Pretend to know what you're doing, yes you're very good at that FSF :p

22. And it pays extremely well, I must say.

Brilliant Dutch repped this.
  23. Orange14

Orange14 Moderator
    Staff Member

Apr 27, 2007
    Bethesda, MD
    Club:
    AFC Ajax
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    Did Blind watch anything other than Eredivisie matches? It seems like every time I watched one of the big three Dutch teams he was in the stands.

24. Brilliant Dutch

Brilliant Dutch Member+

Ajax
    Netherlands
    Oct 14, 2013
    Amsterdam, Holland
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    What really bugs me is neither Hiddink nor Blind have so far been able to get the best out of Strootman.

Stroot is an excellent player, but he's been absolutely shit so far for Oranje, and I'm beginning to think it comes to motivation from the manager(s)

25. Mr.S

Mr.S Member

Oct 22, 2011
    One of my favorite coaches, he is tactically & technically very good & is capable of playing a variety of formtions & can get the best out of many players