Pre-match: Oranje vs. Bulgaria & Italy

Discussion in 'The Netherlands' started by Brilliant Dutch, Mar 6, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Laurent75

Laurent75 Member

Aug 2, 2014
    He is exactly the opposite of what we need now.

We need a cold tactician coach who will make our average squad to be as effective as possible.

Wenger is a tactician clown, a vile loser, and his love for young players is irrational and somehow disturbing...

Brilliant Dutch repped this.
  2. Brilliant Dutch

Brilliant Dutch Member+

Ajax
    Netherlands
    Oct 14, 2013
    Amsterdam, Holland
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    ^^^^ agreed.

To be fair to Wenger though, he is given very little money by Arsenal owners every year, so he has to make as much of his purse as possible

3. BaritoPutra

BaritoPutra Member+

Jan 26, 2007
    I thought Wenger in his Arsenal's early years was brilliant.. late 90's and early 00's, incl. the Invicible season. I gave him a ton of credits to transform the then-"average" players like Henry (outcast from Juve) and Bergkamp (failure from Inter) to club legends, plus raised up Adebayor, Cesc, Wilshere, etc. to prominence. His rebuilding project post circa 2006/7 (after Emirates move?) to present has been tough, there no doubt. The fact that he's very cheap makes it even worse. As a tactician, I like his approach. He favors free flowing football. He's known to play with strong wingers and two attacking full-backs, which is something that the Dutch system is accustomed to or aspired to be.

Maybe this is lost in translation.. but what does "cold" tactician mean? Can you name one who might fit the profile?

4. And shtting their pants when they could have us in the 2014 final until the fatal penalty kick.

5. Laurent75

Laurent75 Member

Aug 2, 2014
    Henry and Bergkamp already had the potential to be legends, even if they failed in Italy. He made them to be legends in a way,ok, but it's also because of staying 11 years with Arsenal that Bergkamp has such a tiny palmares. Plus he didn't even use Bergkamp during the CL finale in 2006 while it was his first CL finale and last year with the club :(

Wenger is a bad tactician, he is too emotional and irrational. How could Arsenal win titles with a guy like Justin Hoyte being a starter ? Who decided to put Justin Hoyte ? What about the Denilson, Aladiere...The reason why Arsenalmissed titles is because there are at least 4/5 weak players in the line-up every year. Players Wenger gives his entire trust to. Wenger is definitely the type of coach able to put De Ligt starter in a CL game.
    Wenger used to recruit only in the french ligue 1 back then, going to rubbish players such as Sanogo, to prove he was irrational and not objective in his football choices. I must admit Arsenal played some good football though, and Wenger could make an average player to look like a top one until the opposition and importance of the game become too strong.

Adebayor ifor example s a good striker but has never been a top one nor a very good one. He just was very good in the Arsenal system, like Flamini and many other average players were too.

By cold tactician I mean Conte for example...

6. Brilliant Dutch

Brilliant Dutch Member+

Ajax
    Netherlands
    Oct 14, 2013
    Amsterdam, Holland
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    Not really, Germany would've killed us in the final and made minced meat of us!!!

Maybe, just maybe Robben would've done some crazy dance and given us our 1st WC.
    But no, lets be honest.

FOUR WORLD CUP LOSSES IN A ROW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

7. Orange14

Orange14 Moderator
    Staff Member

Apr 27, 2007
    Bethesda, MD
    Club:
    AFC Ajax
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    Just like the Buffalo Bills & Minnesota Vikings in American football who went to four Super Bowls without a single win!:cry:

8. 2nd_striker

2nd_striker Member

May 21, 2008
    London
    To be fair with the stadium move wenger didnt have the money to spend, but kept arsenal in the top 4 for many years and at points challenged for the league. His tactics arent bad but the performances from the team and mistakes they make are. In any event he doesnt like international management and currently makes way more than the knvb are offering.

Brendan rodgers is much worse tactically so no to him too!

9. Frysk Bloed

Frysk Bloed Member

Sep 6, 2014
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Rodgers is actually a very good tactician and very pragmatic. I would take him as the head coach for the Oranje in a heartbeat but I doubt that he'd be willing to do that. He carries an offensive philosophy and is a discipline of Guardiola and Cruyff. Not a bad option IMO.

10. So Jorge Sampaoli it is, as he said he wants the job (and probably knows we do pay peanuts) if we can believe Hard Gras. I wouldnot know any one else fit for the job and willing to call in the separation clause in his contract.

11. 2nd_striker

2nd_striker Member

May 21, 2008
    London
    And lost a title in england by neglecting defence. He lucked out having luis suarez in the form of his life. That aside he hasnt won a trophy in England. Would still say bring lvg

12. Frysk Bloed

Frysk Bloed Member

Sep 6, 2014
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    He didn't lose the title by neglecting defence; there were individual errors that caused a collapse in their momentum. Gerrard slipping and allowing Chelsea to score (forcing the press and a second goal) was not because of Rodgers; neither was Henderson getting a red against City that ultimately broke the spine of the team.

The following season he switched to a more defensive 3-4-3 and it was the best defensive team in England from when it was implemented to the end of the season. Then he was just lacking in attacking talent. Liverpool have been a flawed squad for a while, and that Rodgers got the best out of Suarez, Sturridge, Sterling, Coutinho, Henderson and an aging Gerrard to almost lead them to the title against MUCH better teams (City, Chelsea, Arsenal, United at the very least) is more of a positive than a negative, IMO, it's the closest Liverpool have ever come to a title since the inception of the Premier League. Look at what he's done in Scotland now.

Though it's a moot point. Rodgers will not come to the Oranje.

13. Brilliant Dutch

Brilliant Dutch Member+

Ajax
    Netherlands
    Oct 14, 2013
    Amsterdam, Holland
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    I say give Fred Grim a chance and lets see what he does against Luxembourg

14. 2nd_striker

2nd_striker Member

May 21, 2008
    London
    They conceeded close to 50 goals, they had to go for it against palace because they had a worse goal difference than man city because of their defence. He had a flawed squad and didnt do enough to improve it. With 3-4-3 they finished 5th. Liverpool done well in coming 2nd as they had no european football. As for scotland, its pretty difficult not to win the title with celtic they have a huge advantage over other teams.

15. Brilliant Dutch

Brilliant Dutch Member+

Ajax
    Netherlands
    Oct 14, 2013
    Amsterdam, Holland
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
  16. Brilliant Dutch

Brilliant Dutch Member+

Ajax
    Netherlands
    Oct 14, 2013
    Amsterdam, Holland
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
  17. Okay, I have the impression this thread is collecting posts that have another thread where they belong!

18. Orange14

Orange14 Moderator
    Staff Member

Apr 27, 2007
    Bethesda, MD
    Club:
    AFC Ajax
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    I suspect that nobody is reading the thread header. Your are correct, Janssen did not play against Bulgaria or Italy and these comments should go in the player thread!!! I think I'll keep letting people make fools of themselves a little longer before I lock this thread!:D

19. Brilliant Dutch

Brilliant Dutch Member+

Ajax
    Netherlands
    Oct 14, 2013
    Amsterdam, Holland
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    What about Justin Kluivert?? Quite a player, huh!

20. Laurent75

Laurent75 Member

Aug 2, 2014
    I'm afraid Locadia will be called as a winger in the next list.

21. Brilliant Dutch

Brilliant Dutch Member+

Ajax
    Netherlands
    Oct 14, 2013
    Amsterdam, Holland
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    So a tiny community in Windhoek, Namibia decided to put out a football game, and guess which country one of them wanted to be??!!

[​IMG]

22. I donot speak Namibian, so what country?o_O

23. Brilliant Dutch

Brilliant Dutch Member+

Ajax
    Netherlands
    Oct 14, 2013
    Amsterdam, Holland
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    I'm not surprised you dont understand anything thats going on here

JC-14 repped this.