Orange, the rebuild starts now

Discussion in 'The Netherlands' started by feyenoordsoccerfan, Oct 11, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Brilliant Dutch

Brilliant Dutch Member+

Ajax
    Netherlands
    Oct 14, 2013
    Amsterdam, Holland
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    PEC Zwolle, move the hell away already.

Get out!!!
    Out, already!!!!!

2. Jpows

Jpows Member+

F.C. Barcelona
    Netherlands
    Jun 4, 2018
    Ihattaren actually picked the Netherlands. Did not see that one coming but absolutely stoked about it. We really needed that type of creativity in the squad.

Let’s just hope Koeman doesn’t screw it up by hesitating to pick him for the following games. He’s one of the most exciting talents on Dutch football fields.

This makes up for the Dest disappointment, though I’d much rather have Mo than Dest. We have so much upcoming talents at the moment, future is looking very bright.

gabrielguilarte repped this.
  3. Brilliant Dutch

Brilliant Dutch Member+

Ajax
    Netherlands
    Oct 14, 2013
    Amsterdam, Holland
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    DutchFanatic repped this.
  4. BaritoPutra

BaritoPutra Member+

Jan 26, 2007
    Koeman is hinting that there’s a chance that Mo will be involved right away in this month’s qualifiers. Simply phenomenal news!! Really made my day.

I watched the Sparta v PSV match on and off, and couldn’t resist the temptation to liken Mo with Ozil. Terrific control on his left foot! When Mo had the ball, as if it was glued to his feet. And when he turned his body around to change the direction of the ball, it was so smooth. And great acceleration to burn his defender. All in an (only) 18-years old!!! I thought he (and Gakpo) were the only bright spots in an otherwise sucked PSV team yesterday.

5. gabrielguilarte

Feb 23, 2016
    Club:
    AFC Ajax
    I can only imagine what we’re going to see with Frenkie Stengs Mo line. That will be a hell of midfield since Stengs and Mo are always switching positions. Add to that mix a fast Malen and Boadu and you are all set ha! Mo picking us and Stengs inclusion is the best new in months for our team. I don’t expect Mo to do an instant impact (with Stengs I am hoping it ) So so much talent coming in that it will be a headache to pick a team there.

Jpows repped this.
  6. Orange14

Orange14 Moderator
    Staff Member

Apr 27, 2007
    Bethesda, MD
    Club:
    AFC Ajax
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    And to think that two years ago most of us were in such a state of despair about the NT, wondering if they would ever qualify for a major tournament!

7. DutchFanatic

DutchFanatic Member

Ajax
    Netherlands
    Dec 23, 2013
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    Wow, incredible news! This is extremely important not only for Oranje but in my opinion also for the overall society. It seems like the "samenleving" has grown increasingly separated and I think having a mixed Oranje team that is a true mirror image of the society can really help change that. I want more Moroccans to feel proud to be Dutch and to feel connected to the Dutch National Team and I think having players like Mohammed in there will really make that difference.

Amazing news! Now lets get that lineup going that I suggested earlier!

--- Depay - Malen -- Stengs
    ----------- Ihattaren ----
    ----- Wijnaldum - Frenkie ---
    Wijndal -- Van Dijk - De Ligt -- ??
    ---------------- ?? ---------------

That's a beastly team with either worldclass players or world class potential in every position except for RB and keeper. I wonder if Wijndal could also play RB with Blind staying at left?

To think that we then still have so many high quality options on the bench as well! Promes, Bergwijn, Boadu, Van de Beek, De De Vrij, Blind, Ake, De Roon, Koopmeiers, Van Aanholt, Kluivert, Dilrosun, etc.... wow!

You are right @Orange14 - it is amazing to think that just a few years ago we thought the good times were over for Oranje.

8. Not me! I was giving the dudes in the press shouting for changes in development etc. the full load for their weather vane behaviour.
    The only thing that mattered in my then and always expressed opinion is sticking to our trusted and proven stubbourness of developing in a 4-3-3 setting and that in our trusted amateur network. Things might be sloppy for some time, but in the end it will pay returns.

9. gabrielguilarte

Feb 23, 2016
    Club:
    AFC Ajax
    Yes my friend you are totally right. We were more concerned about the technical department. We weren’t sure if we could keep producing big silky talents. I think we are now, and a proof of that is some of the players previously mentioned here. Even a great player like De Vrij is not a starter in our team.... Who would have thought that eh!

Cheers!

10. There are even people on very respected football sites and papers that think we Dutch are done because of the way the European cup tournements are drifting towards putting the Eredivisie in a backwards position and they expect it to be reflected in the near future with an Orange team of insignificance.
    Well, for those I've got the same message I had for those that declared we would after the Bosman arrest and our financial gap with the top teams never ever more get anywhere in the EL/CL.
    BULLSHIT
    Our system of development has nothing to do with how much our(top)clubs make in Europe. And that's the cork on which our talents and in the end our Orange team floats. And runs in the CL/EL can be made even by us as the only thing needed is a collection of players that burst on the stage in the same time frame (see PSV and Ajax teams in their semi final runs in the CL and EL runs). With luck of injuries staying away you can beat teams with bought stars.
    Every announcement of the death of Dutch football by idiots not reading my posts have been premature.

11. BaritoPutra

BaritoPutra Member+

Jan 26, 2007
    Well, I wrote somewhere before that the combination of Frenkie, Gino and Mo would be a very balanced mix... technique, vision, playmaking, and steel. Bring on the defensive-minded De Roon to protect a lead in second half, as needed.

Upfront, I’d like to see Stengs, Depay and Bergwijn. The prospect of Stengs and Mo interchanging is quite intriguing. Both are used in exactly this role at AZ and PSV, respectively. Bergwijn is the link-up player, and he adds the necessary speed... while of course Depay is the lethal injection. When chasing a goal, bring on Promes or Malen (who is a more conventional central forward) for Bergwijn. If all fails, take one of the fullbacks out for the pinchitter Luukinho.

Man, Koeman must be salivating. Why would he even consider Barca? :whistling::p

DutchFanatic and gabrielguilarte repped this.
  12. Yup. just remember what foreigners were thinking after watching the Czech match:
    upload_2019-11-3_21-19-56.png

13. DutchFanatic

DutchFanatic Member

Ajax
    Netherlands
    Dec 23, 2013
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    True @feyenoordsoccerfan although I did read recently that some minister wanted to change the club system to keep kids at their local amature clubs until something like age 12-15 before allowing them to go a "professional" youth team. That in my opinion would definitely strongly influence our future talents negatively.

14. Wonder whether that's a hot air balloon. It flies in the face of people's freedom of associating them selves.

15. Brilliant Dutch

Brilliant Dutch Member+

Ajax
    Netherlands
    Oct 14, 2013
    Amsterdam, Holland
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
  16. DutchFanatic

DutchFanatic Member

Ajax
    Netherlands
    Dec 23, 2013
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    Actually I don't even think it was a minister but rather someone high up in the KNVB. But I read this from Valetijn Driessen so i'll take it with a pinch of salt.

Edit: Found the article - https://www.veronicainside.nl/nieuws/valentijn-vindt-plannen-van-knvb-bobos-dodelijk-voor-talenten

I strongly dislike Valentijn, but I do agree that if this is true it seems like a seriously terrible idea.

17. Well, anyway it's against the law. You cannot forbid kids to be member of a certain club for no reason at all. We're talking here about a right anchored in our constitution, so good luck trying to realise that shit.

18. venema20

venema20 Member

Jun 17, 2014
    Adding Ihattaren to the mix can change so much for this Oranje team in my opinion. I just feel he can unlock team's defenses better than any midfielder Oranje has to offer. If it was up to me this would be my selection

Memphis - Malen - Stengs
    Ihattaren
    De Jong Wijnaldum
    Wijndal - Van Dijk - De Ligt - Dumfries
    Cillessen

Bench: Dilrosun, Bergwijn, Promes, Weghorst, Van De Beek, De Roon, Koopmeiners, De Vrij, Ake, Blind,
    Zoet, Vermeer

DutchFanatic repped this.
  19. That's a nasty eleven for sure, nasty for the opponent.
    Very curious what Koeman is going to do with his preliminary selection.

20. Orange14

Orange14 Moderator
    Staff Member

Apr 27, 2007
    Bethesda, MD
    Club:
    AFC Ajax
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    Since he absolutely needs two wins, Koeman will go with the same line up that he has been using barring any subs because of injury problems. Noobies may come in as subs when the game is in hand.

EDIT: Strootman stays in the selection!!:eek:

21. :DI meant the 23 selection, if there would be any changes.

22. Brilliant Dutch

Brilliant Dutch Member+

Ajax
    Netherlands
    Oct 14, 2013
    Amsterdam, Holland
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    I hate to rain on you guys parade, but I havent seen much of Ihattaren, so I watched some of his highlight videos on youtube and he doesnt look all that special to me.

He is certainly not ahead of vdBeek in midfield right now.
    And one of you called him the next Ozil, thats definitely an exaggeration.

Sorry, dont mean to be a dick, just giving my honest opinion

23. venema20

venema20 Member

Jun 17, 2014
    I think you should actually watch PSV games then. The kid is a special talent and if you watched PSV games it is pretty easy to tell. Donny is my favorite player in the world and I'd say Ihattaren is better than him as an attacking midfielder. I love Donny so much and the style he plays, but Mo just has that something special about him. The way the ball sticks to his feet, the vision he has and how he can pull off those passes, the skill, etc. He truly is a special player and he is only 17.

I'm not trying to be a dick either but you need to watch more than youtube clips to come up with a true opinion

24. Brilliant Dutch

Brilliant Dutch Member+

Ajax
    Netherlands
    Oct 14, 2013
    Amsterdam, Holland
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    ^^^^ thats a fair point

25. Le Matin thinks it was a mistake to push themselves at the funeral.
    Volgens de Franstalige krant Le Matin ging de Marokkaanse voetbalbond FRMF in de fout bij het overlijden van de vader van Mohamed Ihattaren. Waar de KNVB en bondscoach Ronald Koeman de PSV’er ruimte gaven om zijn verdriet te verwerken, was bondsvoorzitter Fouzi Lekjaa bij de begrafenis in Rouadi, nabij de Noord-Marokkaanse stad Al Hoceima.