Orange, the rebuild starts now

Discussion in 'The Netherlands' started by feyenoordsoccerfan, Oct 11, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Orange14

Orange14 Moderator
    Staff Member

Apr 27, 2007
    Bethesda, MD
    Club:
    AFC Ajax
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    I can't remember whether it was van Marwijk or van Gaal who wouldn't call him up

2. Blind

3. Jpows

Jpows Member+

F.C. Barcelona
    Netherlands
    Jun 4, 2018
    Figures. Blind indeed. :whistling:

4. wilson00

wilson00 Member

Oct 14, 2015
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    #1479 wilson00, Jun 7, 2019
    Last edited: Jun 7, 2019
    Lammers in particular has proved himself at eredivisie level. Brobbery hasnt. I think jong ajax is next for him and if he is consistent as he has been then ten hag should give hi the nod. Cant see him breaking into the ajax first team before euros.

Lammers is also more a traditional striker which NT is missing at this time. He features resembles alot to those of RVN

5. Interesting. In Voetbal International's break down of the Orange players in classes they rated Donny as high quality league material and de Roon as international class.

6. Jpows

Jpows Member+

F.C. Barcelona
    Netherlands
    Jun 4, 2018
    It's a darn shame he won't be available by the time Euros rolls along. God knows we need a proper striker up top. Depay blows hot and cold, plus he's just not a pure finisher and never will be. He's just a winger turned striker, and it shows. He's great at hold up play and on a good night, has some neat passes and effective trickery to get by his markers, but he's just too inconsistent.

I was hoping Redan would have made some strides by now but he seems to have stalled at Chelsea. Not the best career move either imo. He was doing amazing at Ajax. Brobbey might overtake him if things continue this way. I don't know if Zirkzee has any chance of breaking into the first team next season at Bayern, he might be an option in that case, though it's a long shot he'll be a prominent figure in the first team.

I also feel we need an injection of attacking talent. I really hope Kluivert can have a break-out season at Roma. Too bad the likes of Kishna and el Ghazi threw away their careers. Other than that it's just the youngsters like Stengs, Gakpo, Chong. Next season will be an important one.

wilson00 repped this.
  7. verde-rubro

verde-rubro Member+

C.S.Maritimo + Liverpool FC
    Portugal
    Jan 15, 2005
    LONDON
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal
    And your National Anthem

8. Oranje98

Oranje98 Member

Aug 8, 2014
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    I think Lammers is more technical than RvN. I would say he is technically at an intermediate level between Nistelrooy and v. Persie.

Gabriel Guilarte repped this.
  9. DutchFanatic

DutchFanatic Member

Ajax
    Netherlands
    Dec 23, 2013
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    To me this will forever be a pain point for our National team. Ziyech is the missing link that we need in the team right now. Also this moment was huge not only for Ziyech but also for all future players. Before this the highly rated Dutch-Moroccan players did not choose Morocco over Oranje (Afellay, Maher, El Ghazi, etc.) and if Ziyech had chosen for Oranje like he initially planned, this would have continued the trend. I also think Nouri would have definitely chosen Oranje so it feels like in one season we lost the two biggest Dutch-Moroccan talents unexpectedly. Since Ziyech chose Morocco it seems like it has become more of an expectation for the best Dutch-Moroccans to choose Morocco. Now I am legitimately afraid when I see huge talents like Ihatteran that they will choose Morocco.

On a more positive note about Oranje, I think the timing of our talents might just end up being perfect. At the moment we have a huge amount of highly talented very young attacking players coming up such as: Bergwijn, Stengs, Kluivert, Zirkzee, Chong, Ihatteran, Gakpo, Malen, Boadu, Redan, Dilrosun, Brobbey, Unuvar and I am sure I am missing some. It is almost impossible to imagine that at least a few of these players wont break through and become the real deal. I am afraid this upcoming Euro might be too early for many of them, although it's not unfeasible to assume that at least one of Stengs, Kluivert, Malen, Dilrosun, Gakpo, Lammers or Ihatteran may join Bergwijn and already be ready for the National team.

But especially looking forward to the next World cup and onward, I think our generational timing might be perfect. Our defense and midfield will be a bit older (which usually is beneficial in the peak years of those positions) while the young attacking players will start streaming through. Considering attacking players usually peak younger than defenders/midfielders, we might get a situation where all positions are peaking at a similar age.

Damn, the future is bright again!

Gabriel Guilarte repped this.
  10. Oranje98

Oranje98 Member

Aug 8, 2014
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    I believe I will always feel some sadness whenever I think about Nouri. He would heave definitely chosen Oranje, especially with Donny being his best friend.
    Now we have Ziyech and Mazraoui both opting for Morocco "the later preferred Morocco despite Koeman talking to him".
    On the other hand, I believe if you do not feel how precious it is to wear the same jersey worn by Cruyff, Marco, Bergkamp, Gullit and Neeskens to name a few, then you don't really deserve to wear it!

11. Orange14

Orange14 Moderator
    Staff Member

Apr 27, 2007
    Bethesda, MD
    Club:
    AFC Ajax
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    I only saw him on four occasions this past season and was not impressed. He didn't dominate against the weaker teams in the league

12. Oranje98

Oranje98 Member

Aug 8, 2014
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    It may not be a proper time to think about it, but our situation in EC qualifications has become really critical with Northern Ireland wining their third game in-a-row today. They currently have 9 pts from 3 games, Germany also is 1-0 ahead in their game against Belarus.
    Winning our next away game against Germany is becoming more crucial to avoid tragic scenarios!

Gabriel Guilarte and wilson00 repped this.
  13. wilson00

wilson00 Member

Oct 14, 2015
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    NT has been lucky thus far as well on the injury count especially in those critical department.( Frenkie, Van dijk, Depay).No idea what koemans plan b is or how effective it is. He has stuck with the starting 11 for sometime now with no major rotation. The germans have recuperated fast compared to their earlier games where they looked out of depth. (NT 3-0 germany).(2-2), (3-2). They have build a good depth on bench as well and constantly rotating them. This is some thing that bothers me and I think this time around they will put in a good shift in most departments.

14. BaritoPutra

BaritoPutra Member+

Jan 26, 2007
    I am not quite concerned... yet. No. Ireland has 9 points because they were up against the two weakest teams in the group (Belarus and Estonia 2x) - so nothing to brag about here.

Getting all three points in Germany would be enormous, but I think if the Dutch can steal a point in Germany, that's probably okay. This is probably the most No. Ireland would get against Germany (I can't see them winning either home or away). Then, at that point, the qualification would boil into the two matches between the Netherlands and No. Ireland. I fancy our chance, Dutch should have enough quality to secure a home win and a win/draw away.

If all fails... well, there's another path to get to the tournament since the Netherlands topped the group in the Europe Nation league. So plenty of opportunities!

Oranje98 repped this.
  15. Orange14 repped this.
  16. Brilliant Dutch

Brilliant Dutch Member+

Ajax
    Netherlands
    Oct 14, 2013
    Amsterdam, Holland
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
  17. BaritoPutra

BaritoPutra Member+

Jan 26, 2007
    AND Babel... :thumbsdown::confused: I guess stability really matters for him. Hope Babel is doing some magic today, I think he's walking on a tight rope.

18. TitoTata

TitoTata Member+

Jun 26, 2014
    Can’t see Babel and Depay both playing as badly as the other day ..

19. Orange14

Orange14 Moderator
    Staff Member

Apr 27, 2007
    Bethesda, MD
    Club:
    AFC Ajax
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    Let's take care of business!!!!

20. venema20

venema20 Member

Jun 17, 2014
    Portugal playing smart defensively. Making Netherlands beat them on the wings and with Babel and Bergwijn being the wingers, it is most likely not gonna happen

21. venema20

venema20 Member

Jun 17, 2014
    What the hell is Bergwijn doing?

22. DutchFanatic

DutchFanatic Member

Ajax
    Netherlands
    Dec 23, 2013
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    Just found a livestream, did I miss anything? Besides that useless attack from Bergwijn....

23. Brilliant Dutch

Brilliant Dutch Member+

Ajax
    Netherlands
    Oct 14, 2013
    Amsterdam, Holland
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    Not really. Game looks lethargic. You have to wonder if fatigue is setting in after a long season

Orange14 repped this.
  24. TitoTata

TitoTata Member+

Jun 26, 2014
    Font just took De Ligt out there .. naughty

25. TitoTata

TitoTata Member+

Jun 26, 2014
    De Ligt’s value is rising as we speak ..