Only one question

Discussion in 'Youth & HS Soccer' started by ChutdCoach, Nov 8, 2017.

1. ChutdCoach

ChutdCoach New Member

Jan 23, 2015
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Okay, you've JUST decided on making a career of coaching.
    What ONE question would you ask a Top Coach.....and why???

2. MonagHusker

MonagHusker Member

Liverpool FC
    United States
    Feb 25, 2016
    Omaha, Nebraska
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    How much of a weekly time commitment does being a career coach take? With children of my own, I tend to view my time at a premium.

How does the non-player become an effective coach? How do you teach the things you don't know how to do? For example, my daughter douse Maradonnas and I certainly can't -- how would I teach that?

3. cnaught

cnaught New Member

n/a
    United States
    Jan 25, 2018
    I have a U11 Girls Rec team that plays 9v9. I am playing a 2-1-3-2 formations (2 fullbacks, 1 stopper, 3 midfielders, 2 forwards). I'm playing my best player at center midfield. I have some decent defenders, a great goalie, and the rest of the team is average at best. My plan is to have the center midfielder assist the forwards in attack. My question is, should the LMF and RMF or the CMF drop back to assist the fullbavks when the ball gets in our defensive third (passed the stopper). If the CM does, then it would leave them in a good position to assist the forwards, and it would be a lot of running on her. She is my strongest player, and I'd like to have her more in the attack than the defense. Then should I have my LMF and RMF fall back when the dropper is defender, and keep my CF around the half way line?