Online Player Passes

Discussion in 'Referee' started by JeffG, Apr 11, 2017.

1. fairplayforlife

fairplayforlife Member+

Mar 23, 2011
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I guess that's what I was getting at. I was hoping someone had a more creative method other than that... sigh. Oh well. One step forward two back.

2. Vinnydabody

Vinnydabody Member

Jun 10, 2014
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    We got an email with procedures today in Illinois. Looks like the the ref uses their device but has to have the coach log in and has to mark down all the pass numbers! Screwy.

How to use the Mobile Pass

If a club is using the mobile pass for one or more of their players that is acceptable, but here is what you need to do both at the game and afterwards when you are reporting the score.

1) Have the club login to the YSSL website. www.yssl.org

2) Click on their club name on the website.

3) Click on their team name on their club page.

4) Click on the roster button on their team page. (This will show a list of all the players rostered to their team, along with a drop down arrow next to each players name.)

5) Only click the arrow next to those players that a mobile pass is being used for.

6) When an arrow is clicked a pop up message will be received advising not to use the mobile pass unless you are a referee checking in players, as the mobile pass usage will be tracked.

7) When you hit OK, the mobile pass for that player will appear. It will include the players name, pass number, birthdate & picture. Underneath the picture is a Code #. Write this number down on the game card as you will need it when you enter the game to record the score.

8) Note: If there is a red X appearing on the mobile pass, the player is suspended and cannot play in the game.

9) Complete the check in of the players.

10) When you login to the YSSL website to report the score, one of the questions asked is were mobile passes used. When you select YES it will ask you for the pass number and code. Enter both of these into the system for those players that a mobile pass was used for.​

3. fairplayforlife

fairplayforlife Member+

Mar 23, 2011
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    so as others have mentioned what do you do if someone doesn't have a smart phone with internet access. Or more likely refuses to use their data, or has a crappy signal?

I am all for technology but it seems to me this is setting itself up for failure.

4. JeffG

JeffG Member

Mar 9, 2005
    MN, USA
    This appears to be a backup procedure for when a physical player pass is not available. Could be they are dipping their toes in the digital waters, but they're not expecting all players to be checked in electronically (yet?)

5. Pittsburgh Ref

Pittsburgh Ref Member+

Oct 7, 2014
    da 'Burgh
    Right I mean it's Affinity. What could go wrong?

IASocFan repped this.