On Iran and More (Call it the "Iran Propaganda Thread" if you wish)

Discussion in 'International News' started by Iranian Monitor, Apr 22, 2015.

1. Pro-Freedom

Pro-Freedom Member

Apr 3, 2017
    HUNGRY FOR JUSTICE: AHWAZIS AND THE WORLD’S SELECTIVE HUMANITY

http://www.ahwazmonitor.info/new/hungry-for-justice-ahwazis-and-the-worlds-selective-humanity/

2. Iranian Monitor

Iranian Monitor Member+

Aug 18, 2004
    Nat'l Team:
    Iran
    Here is one of the reasons why the Wahhabi attempts to sow discord in Iran's Khuzistan province aren't going to prove any more successful than Saddam's attempts to do the same.

Pictures from 22 Bahman rallies in Ahwaz

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

3. roby

roby Member+

SIRLOIN SALOON FC, PITTSFIELD MA
    Feb 27, 2005
    So Cal
    Are you certain those aren't pictures of Trump's inauguration! :unsure:

4. Mani

Mani BigSoccer Supporter

Aug 1, 2004
    Club:
    Perspolis
    Nat'l Team:
    Iran
    #229 Mani, May 7, 2017
    Last edited: May 8, 2017
    • 2016 FIFA Futsal World Cup - Iran finishes 3rd
    • 2017 FIFA Beach Soccer World Cup - Iran finishes 3rd
    • 2018 FIFA World Cup - Will Iran surprise again?

861347418671112197 is not a valid tweet id

IMG_0632.JPG IMG_0630.JPG IMG_0631.JPG IMG_0633.JPG

5. Mani

Mani BigSoccer Supporter

Aug 1, 2004
    Club:
    Perspolis
    Nat'l Team:
    Iran
    #230 Mani, May 7, 2017
    Last edited: May 7, 2017
    Saudis are just pathetic. They literally have no viable cards to play against Iran, so they resort to barking and day-dreaming. Arabs in Khuzistan and Ahwaz are a minority, and then Sunni Arabs are a minority within the Arab minority, and then Wahhabis are even a smaller minority within the Sunni Arab minority. In other words, there maybe like 10,000 Wahhabis in Khuzistan for Saudis to influence and take "the battle inside Iran", a country of 80 million people, as they have publicly stated. Now compare that to the millions of Shias in Saudi Arabia who are a clear majority in the South and all the oil-rich regions of Saudi Arabia, and most of whom follow Iranian Ayatollahs as their source, and you'll see how delusional the Saudis are, and even more importantly how stupid and naive they are to play with the Persian lion's tail like this.

6. Mani

Mani BigSoccer Supporter

Aug 1, 2004
    Club:
    Perspolis
    Nat'l Team:
    Iran
    #231 Mani, May 7, 2017
    Last edited: May 7, 2017
    Speaking of Iranian Arabs, this is what most Iranians wake up to every morning when they turn on their TV and radio. A beautiful song about love and hope in different languages of Iran such as Persian, Kurdish, Azeri, Lori, and Arabic . (The Arabic part starts from 4:10 and is probably one of the most popular songs in the Arab world, even though most Arabs, ironicaly, don't know that this is an Iranian song)

Here is also a beautiful classical Iranian song in Kurdish and Persian

And another beautiful folk song in Azeri from North Western Iran

So Iran is a country where diversity has always been recognized and celebrated for 2500 years. The world's first multi-ethnic and multi-cultural empire and nation that was built on a shared national Iranian identity and has lasted to this day. So Saudi Arabia, a medieval Sheikhdom which looks like a chess board from the space since you can only see Wahhabi men dressed in all-white and Wahhabi women dressed in all-black on the street there, can only day-dream about turning Iran into another Syria.

Iranian Monitor repped this.
  7. Pro-Freedom

Pro-Freedom Member

Apr 3, 2017
    The PKK's Iranian supply line's getting cut. With Iran already threatening Pakistan and Saudi, will they score a hat-trick by threatening Turkey (again) now?

Turkey plans wall on Iranian border to prevent PKK crossings, report

http://www.rudaw.net/english/middleeast/turkey/08052017

8. Iranian Monitor

Iranian Monitor Member+

Aug 18, 2004
    Nat'l Team:
    Iran
    Iran hasn't threatened anyone, but has made it clear that if anyone wants to try to bring terrorism inside Iran's borders, as the Wahhabis have been trying desperately to do, they will get smacked hard inside Wahhabi Arabia itself. We have also made it clear to Pakistan that they have a responsibility to make sure terrorists aren't allowed to carryout attacks inside Iran from bases in Pakistan, reserving the right to hit at these terrorist bases if the Pakistanis are unable or (due to Wahhabi funding and bribing of Pakistani officials) are unwilling to act.

https://www.thenews.com.pk/print/203374-Iran-sounds-warning-to-Pakistan-Saudi-Arabia
    Iran sounds warning to Pakistan, Saudi Arabia

9. Pro-Freedom

Pro-Freedom Member

Apr 3, 2017
    Western media coverage of these courageous women is likely to be muted at best...

Kurdish women launch campaign to boycott Iranian election

http://www.kurdistan24.net/en/news/...n-launch-campaign-to-boycott-Iranian-election

10. Iranian Monitor

Iranian Monitor Member+

Aug 18, 2004
    Nat'l Team:
    Iran
    Pictures from 22 Bahman rallies in Kurdish cities and towns in Iran.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

11. Pro-Freedom

Pro-Freedom Member

Apr 3, 2017
    Baha'i, like Ahwazis, Balochis, Turkmen, Iranian Kurds, etc., have never attained "fashionable cause" status in the West.

No Mercy for Iran’s Baha’i

https://www.foreignaffairs.com/articles/iran/2017-05-08/no-mercy-iran-s-baha-i

12. Iranian Monitor

Iranian Monitor Member+

Aug 18, 2004
    Nat'l Team:
    Iran
    Incidentally, one of Iran's presidential candidates, Raisi, was campaigning in Kurdistan today. I
    was kind of surprised by the reception he got. The Kurdish regions generally vote for reformist oriented factions and Raisi stands in the polar opposite to them. But it seems the Basij is throwing its weight behind Raisi and not Ghalibaf, the other principalist candidate in this race.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

13. Pro-Freedom

Pro-Freedom Member

Apr 3, 2017
    This kid risk being executed 10th of May.

IRAN: FURTHER INFORMATION: IRANIAN ARRESTED AT 15 RISKS IMMINENT EXECUTION: PEYMAN BARANDAH

[​IMG]
    https://www.amnesty.org/en/documents/mde13/6179/2017/en/

14. Mani

Mani BigSoccer Supporter

Aug 1, 2004
    Club:
    Perspolis
    Nat'l Team:
    Iran
    #239 Mani, May 9, 2017
    Last edited: May 9, 2017
    Here are two clips with English subtitles from the most popular TV series in Iran which is based on the events of the 1953 American coup in Iran against the democratically-elected secular government of Dr. Mossadegh, the result of which ruined the hopes, dreams and lives of an entire generation of Iranians and whose blowback effects are still felt in Middle East to this day.

15. Mani

Mani BigSoccer Supporter

Aug 1, 2004
    Club:
    Perspolis
    Nat'l Team:
    Iran
    Ghalibaf, the other conservative running, is a Kurd himself. He's a Khorasani Kurd.

IMG_0641.JPG

IMG_0642.JPG

16. Iranian Monitor

Iranian Monitor Member+

Aug 18, 2004
    Nat'l Team:
    Iran
    Thanks. I wasn't aware of it. While I wasn't all that impressed with Ghalibaf's performance during the 2nd debate, in light of the gathering threats Iran is facing, I kind of lean towards him. To be sure, I like Rouhani's (and Jahangiri's) slogans the most, but at this juncture, I prefer a more resolute stance against the kind of threats I see rising against Iran.

17. Mani

Mani BigSoccer Supporter

Aug 1, 2004
    Club:
    Perspolis
    Nat'l Team:
    Iran
    #242 Mani, May 9, 2017
    Last edited: May 9, 2017
    Ghalibaf is indeed a Kurd. There are many Kurdish tribes in Khorasan who settled there during the Safavid era. The fact that most people don't even know Ghalibaf, who is also the mayor of Tehran, is a Kurd, speaks volume about how people in Iran just don't care about one's ethnicity and all Iranians are Iranian first and foremost. Unlike lets say Turkey, where a Kurd will never be able to be the mayor of a non-Kurdish majority city or realistically have any chance of running for or winning the presidency.

As for the elections, the biggest threat facing Iran is economic in my opinion. Rouhani is the only one who will be able to prevent an Argentina or Greece style economic crisis. I personally don't like the "Participation Front" type reformists who have a very simplistic world view and are naive when it comes to foreign policy, just like how the conservatives are weak and naive when it comes to the domestic issues, like personal freedoms etc as well as the economy. That said, I don't think Rouhani falls into that category of reformists, he is more of a pragmatic centrist who knows how to get things done. For example, he has been smart when it comes to Syria and he has managed to successfully stop inflation in Iran . So overall, I think Rouhani is still the better choice, primarily because of the economy.

18. Mani

Mani BigSoccer Supporter

Aug 1, 2004
    Club:
    Perspolis
    Nat'l Team:
    Iran
    Rouhani's campaign

19. Iranian Monitor

Iranian Monitor Member+

Aug 18, 2004
    Nat'l Team:
    Iran
    I am among a minority in Iran who has benefited economically under Rouhani, mostly because my line of work is tied to foreign investment and trade. And there is a lot more demand for my services when Iran's doors are open to such investment and trade. But in the long run, without security, I don't think we can have a stable economy either.

That aside, I also know that there is too much corruption and behind the scene wheeling and dealing in terms of many of the foreign deals that are being negotiated. I have also concerns about some of the suspicious affiliations of certain groups who dominate some key ministries and industries relevant to foreign trade. Overall, it is not clear to me who will be best for Iran among these candidates when it comes to the economy, although I suspect Rouhani is at least better for me personally when it comes to the economy in the short run.

Rouhani is also much better for me on social issues, where I prefer as much of a hands off approach from the government as possible. I suspect Ghalibaf won't be much worse than Rouhani on these issues, but he certainly will be more likely - once elected - to at least give some lip service to those who have different ideas on these kind of issues.

But unlike you, I think the major challenge and issue that Iran faces is actually in the national security arena. I am concerned about the plots and agendas of Israel and Wahhabi Arabia and a Trump administration that appears interested in following their footstep. In this area, I am not sure Iran has any perfect answers either, having basically given up its leverage on the nuclear issue for what will turn out to be very little that will be lasting. Nonetheless, I don't think banking on the Europeans to contain Trump/Israel/Wahhabi Arabia will prove wise. Worse yet, I am rather sure that if Iran so much as gives an inch on some issues that it faces, it will find itself facing demands it cannot fulfill and things can really get out of hand afterwards.

Ultimately, I don't know who is the best choice for Iran among these choices? I will only vote to make sure that no one imagines that foreign conspired "regime change" is going to have too many buyers in Iran.

20. Iranian Monitor

Iranian Monitor Member+

Aug 18, 2004
    Nat'l Team:
    Iran
    I certainly enjoy watching the Rouhani campaign rallies and slogans more than that of his rivals:) But that also speaks to a socio-economic divide in Iran. While Iran's middle and upper middle class will be voting mostly for Rouhani, there are plenty of Iranians from less privileged backgrounds who will be voting for his rivals. What Iran needs is a politician who can somehow appeal to both groups with equal fervor.

21. Pro-Freedom

Pro-Freedom Member

Apr 3, 2017
    Iran’s IRGC involved in TV executive’s assassination, former member of the European Parliament says

[​IMG]

http://www.trackpersia.com/irans-ir...ation-former-member-european-parliament-says/

22. Pro-Freedom

Pro-Freedom Member

Apr 3, 2017
    Written by the Ahwazi journalist and freedom activist Rahim Hamid.

Iran’s Elections: An Empty Charade for Ethnic Minorities

[​IMG]

https://kurdistanvoice.net/2017/05/10/irans-elections-an-empty-charade-for-ethnic-minorities/

23. Mani

Mani BigSoccer Supporter

Aug 1, 2004
    Club:
    Perspolis
    Nat'l Team:
    Iran
    #248 Mani, May 10, 2017
    Last edited: May 11, 2017
    What a load of crap. A bunch of made-up stats, and blatant lies written by some fringe Wahhabi on Saudi payroll, who most likely isn't even Iranian. Most of these people pretending to be Arab "ethnic activists" from Iran, who are active in the West are not even Iranian. They're mostly Sunni Iraqis and Kuwaitis pretending to be Iranian. They used to be on Saddam's payroll and now they're on Salman's payroll.

So shameless these people are, making shit up. No country in Middle East, maybe even the entire world, has a stronger national identity than Iran, but according to this idiot, 50% of Iranians are not really Iranians. Ironically, the most famous Iranian nationalists, have been Azeri or Kurd, not Persian. Because Iranian nationalism, unlike Arab and Turkish nationalism is inclusive and not based on language or ethnicity. Mossadegh and Kasravi were both Azeris for example. All the top Ayatollahs are Azeris too.

In Iran, every city has it own TV station and radio station in the local dialect and language. Ethnic languages are not only used in schools, but also some universities. Many movies made in Iran have different dialects and languages with Persian subtitles. Most movies and TV shows are sold with Azeri, Arabic and Kurdish susbtiles on the market. 90% of all Kurdish language movies are made in Iran, despite the fact most Kurds live in Turkey and Iraq. When will these Wahhabi animals learn that Iranians can't be manipulated and played with like that, and Iranian sense of nationality is stronger than any ethnic or religious groupings.

Zandi360 repped this.
  24. Mani

Mani BigSoccer Supporter

Aug 1, 2004
    Club:
    Perspolis
    Nat'l Team:
    Iran
    Rouhani's election rally. There are like 10 men and 1000 women. :laugh:

IMG_0655.JPG

25. Iranian Monitor

Iranian Monitor Member+

Aug 18, 2004
    Nat'l Team:
    Iran
    Campaign rallies for Rouhani have been far more interesting and captivating than those of his rivals. Nonetheless, based on the latest polls I have seen, the race is likely to head to a run-off. If Rouhani's rival in the run-off is Raisi, Rouhani will likely win rather easily. However, if Rouhani's rival is Ghalibaf, it will be a close race.

Among all the candidates, Rouhani leads with 41.6%, Raisi is 2nd with 26.7%, while Ghalibaf is 3rd with 24.6%.
    [​IMG]
    In a two way race between Rouhani and Raisi, Rouhani would be hugely favored. He got 47.7% v 38.7% for Raisi.
    [​IMG]
    A two way race between Rouhani and Ghalibaf would be a dead heat. Rouhani got 44.8% v Ghalibaf 44.1%.
    [​IMG]