Omni: Columbus Crew vs Charleston Chew | Carolina Challenge Cup Match #2 - 20/02/19 5:00 PM ET

Discussion in 'Columbus Crew' started by chr1st, Feb 20, 2019.

Tags:
?

What will be the result of the Crew's CCC match vs Charleston Battery?

Poll closed Feb 20, 2019.
  1. Win by two or more goals

41.7%
  2. Win by one goal

33.3%
  3. Canadian Win (née Tie)

8.3%
  4. Lose by one goal

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  5. Lose by two or more goals

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  6. The Tricycle Rides... Again! - Meram scores two goals (worth 2 points!!)

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  7. "Everyone! Quick! Come point and laugh at Toronto!" - Tim Bezbatchenko

16.7%
  1. Alneri

Alneri Member

Columbus Crew
    United States
    Aug 3, 2018
    What did you see in Crognale that I am missing?

JJ definitely caused some trouble. He was a handful. And I think he will do the same against MLS CBs. But man, should he have netted 2 or 3. Hot the crossbar on an open net and had one or two others tipped away that he didn't get off quick enough. Curious what a 2 striker system would look like with him and Zardes. May be too similar in styles.

CybrSlydr repped this.
  2. Kyle Crew

Kyle Crew Member+

Feb 23, 2013
    Columbus, Ohio
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    For anyone who wanted to see the match but missed it, here it is, starts at 33:00 minutes or so:

You're welcome.

Honestly, the only reason to watch is to see Robinho (spoiler, he looks like a USL player), an out-of-position Keita, and JJ Williams. Rest of the game was pretty meh.

chr1st and Alneri repped this.
  3. TRUJDUB

TRUJDUB Member+

Nov 22, 2015
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Says video unavailable

4. CybrSlydr

CybrSlydr Member+

Columbus Crew
    United States
    Jun 30, 2013
    Casper, WY
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Have to say I was disappointed by what I saw as well. Seems finishing and getting that final ball are still a huge issue for us.

5. zman31

zman31 Member+

May 5, 1999
    Columbus, OH
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I don't think I'm going out on a limb here. This is best match report I've ever read. It's especially great when taken out of context of this thread. Thanks a bunch.

catfish9 repped this.
  6. BigStern

BigStern Member

Columbus Crew
    United States
    Oct 2, 2018
    Columbus by way of Lima
    First I read this and thought man, what was going on that Josh was so far up field on what sounded like a normal cross.
    then I read this and realized I'm a dummy who had previously read that Josh was already subbed out.
    Reading comprehension has taken a hit since I took the SAT. Even though anyone with half a brain should be able to use context clues to tell who we're talking about between a forward and a CB, we might need to agree on a preferred nomenclature to differentiate between the two.

Bill Archer, Alneri and CybrSlydr repped this.
  7. CybrSlydr

CybrSlydr Member+

Columbus Crew
    United States
    Jun 30, 2013
    Casper, WY
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Here's the JJ sitter.

1098374259792101377 is not a valid tweet id

BigStern repped this.
  8. BigStern

BigStern Member

Columbus Crew
    United States
    Oct 2, 2018
    Columbus by way of Lima
    Didn't watch (was at the stadium focus group) and doesn't sound like it's worth a re-watch. Thanks for the recaps.

Surprised Bendik didn't get the 2nd half. I would much prefer to play Steffen on Saturday even though I'd like to see Bendik in action before the need for the backup GK in MLS action which is coming quickly in Week 4.

Nice to see a winger on the box score (two even!). I did catch Robinho's free kick before my group started and that looked nice. I also saw some highlights of Sosa that looked good but based on the recaps, sounds like he's more of the same from last year. Kind of out of control. When it works, it looks great but when it doesn't, he's a card liability and a chance to give the other side a quick counter.

Onto Saturday and the last "meaningless" Hell is Real. I am for a full dress rehearsal for the starters and 12/13/14th men. Let's go win that three-peat and join Jordan on the list of greatest ever three-peats. I'd place it between his first one and the return one.

zman31 repped this.
  9. TyphonInc

TyphonInc Member+

Columbus Crew
    United States
    Jul 3, 2018
    Dublin, OH
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I still have flash backs to 20 years ago when I hear comments like this.

10. Kyle Crew

Kyle Crew Member+

Feb 23, 2013
    Columbus, Ohio
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Little late, but it's very much available. That being said, it has 2 views lol. I have a feeling the Cincy vid, if I can get it, will attract more views.

11. TRUJDUB

TRUJDUB Member+

Nov 22, 2015
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    I’m watching it lol but i have to keep refreshing and now I’m getting ready for the Coffman playoff basketball gm to watch my son.