Olympics 2016

Discussion in 'TV, Satellite & Radio' started by danielmak, Jun 29, 2016.

1. danielmak

danielmak Member

Sep 26, 2004
    off the purple line
    One more note if you are recording the two-day delay versions on the soccer channel (either because you forgot to set the DVR the first time around or had weather that might have affected your recording/viewing): Per my post the other day, the Soccer Channel is running matches again on delay. The channel finally matched it's listing and started to show men's matches. Every game was shown except Fiji-South Korea (luckily I have that via NBCSN) but they showed Mexico-Germany twice. So, if you want to see every game I'd make sure you record the first airing of any games featuring the smaller nations, because you might not get a repeat of that game.

And one last observation. For some reason DTV decided to show about 3-minutes worth of commercials for PPV movies at about minute 17 of Algeria-Nigeria. That was the only disruption. I have no idea why that happened since the NBCSN version did not have break there. Hopefully this won't be a recurring problem.

2. LaxBandit

LaxBandit Member+

Aug 27, 1999
    North Tonawanda, NY
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    #77 LaxBandit, Aug 7, 2016
    Last edited: Aug 7, 2016
  3. LaxBandit

LaxBandit Member+

Aug 27, 1999
    North Tonawanda, NY
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    #78 LaxBandit, Aug 7, 2016
    Last edited: Aug 7, 2016
    2016 Rio Olympic Games - Prime Time Highlights - Saturday, August 6.

Soccer - Women - United States vs France - NBCSN -

Play-By-Play announcer Arlo White on Carli Lloyd’s eventual game-winning goal in the United States women’s 1-0 win vs France - “Guess who? … Carli Lloyd does it again. A lovely move from the United States…What a rich vein of form Carli Lloyd has been in a goal scoring sense.”

http://nbcsportsgrouppressbox.com/2016/08/07/2016-rio-olympic-games-aug-6-primetime-highlights/

4. EvanJ

EvanJ Member+

Manchester United
    United States
    Mar 30, 2004
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Do you mean Sweden-Nigeria? Algeria and Nigeria aren't in the same groupp.

5. danielmak

danielmak Member

Sep 26, 2004
    off the purple line
    Yes, sorry. Typo. I'm nearly done with my second to last viewing of the men's games from Matchday 2, all recorded ont the soccer channel and so far there were not any disruptions by DTV, although one of the matches (I think Argentina's game) had a long period--probably 20 minutes--with stadium sound only.

Warbuxx repped this.
  6. Warbuxx

Warbuxx Member

Jun 23, 2002
    Comcast/Xfinity, in the New England area at least, is not offering either the dedicated soccer channel nor the dedicated basketball channel. Called and spoke to a rep who could not explain why. It means that quite a number of matches in these sports are unavailable to Comcast customers. Only certain matches/games are available On Demand.

Frustrating, but not surprising, given Comcast's track record.

7. danielmak

danielmak Member

Sep 26, 2004
    off the purple line

You should be even more frustrated since Comcast owns NBC; it's in Comcast's interest to create more options for an NBC rights-controlled event. I had Comcast cable when I first moved here and after they continued to add more music video channels but not sports channels, I dumped them and went with DTV. Two things happened: (1) I discovered FCC regulations that require landlords to give tenants a choice about satellite/cable and so my landlord's claims that she didn't want satellites on the roof were undone. (2) The Comcast rep told me that they bought the rights to my area from another cable company and the fiber-optics in my area were way ahead of much of the country. So they had the bandwidth to add GolTV (at that time) yet chose a variety of stations that are now out of business. I would not say that DTV is some shining example of doing business, but in general I found DTV and Dish when I had them a decade+ back to be way better than every cable company. So, dump the cable and get satellite. The only benefit of Comcast is internet speeds.

NaBUru38 repped this.
  8. LaxBandit

LaxBandit Member+

Aug 27, 1999
    North Tonawanda, NY
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  9. LaxBandit

LaxBandit Member+

Aug 27, 1999
    North Tonawanda, NY
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    #84 LaxBandit, Aug 8, 2016
    Last edited: Aug 8, 2016
    Olympics 2016 - Womens Soccer - TV/Commentators Schedule - Tuesday, August 9.

3:00 pm ET - Women - Australia vs Zimbabwe - Arena Fonte Nova, Salvador.
    No LIVE TV - LIVE Online Only - NBC Olympics . com - World Feed - Commentators - TBA - TBA.

3:00 pm ET - Women - Germany vs Canada - Estádio Nacional Mané Garrincha, Brasilia.
    LIVE TV - NBCSN - NBC Olympic Soccer Channel - Commentators - Steve Cangialosi - Danielle Slaton.

6:00 pm ET - Women - Colombia vs United States - Arena Amazônia, Manaus.
    LIVE TV - NBCSN - NBC Olympic Soccer Channel - Commentators - Arlo White - Kate Markgraf - Sebastian Salazar.

6:00 pm ET - Women - New Zealand vs France - Arena Fonte Nova, Salvador.
    No LIVE TV - LIVE Online Only - NBC Olympics . com - World Feed - Commentators - TBA - TBA.

9:00 pm ET - Women - South Africa vs Brazil - Arena Amazônia, Manaus.
    LIVE TV - NBC Olympic Soccer Channel - World Feed - Commentators - TBA - TBA.

9:00 pm ET - Women - China vs Sweden - Estádio Nacional Mané Garrincha, Brasilia.

Soccer Specialty Channel TV Schedule - Womens Soccer - Tuesday, August 9.

3:00 pm ET - 5:00 pm ET - Women - Germany vs Canada - LIVE.
    5:00 pm ET - 6:00 pm ET - Women - Australia vs Zimbabwe - Tape Delay - Edited.
    6:00 pm ET - 8:00 pm ET - Women - Colombia vs United States - LIVE.
    8:00 pm ET - 9:00 pm ET - Women - New Zealand vs France - Tape Delay - Edited.
    9:00 pm ET - 11:00 pm ET - Women - South Africa vs Brazil - LIVE.
    11:00 pm ET - 12:30 am ET - Women - Australia vs Zimbabwe - Replay - Edited.
    12:30 am ET - 2:00 am ET - Women - New Zealand vs France - Replay - Edited.
    2:00 am ET - 3:30 am ET - Women - China vs Sweden - Tape Delay - Edited.

http://nbcsportsgrouppressbox.com/2...s-primetime-coverage-on-monday-at-8-p-m-etpt/

10. MetroChile

MetroChile Member+

Jan 13, 2001
    NJ; Valpo.
    Club:
    Santiago Wanderers
    Nat'l Team:
    Chile
    What channel number on Dish and Direct is the "Olympic Soccer Channel" ?

11. Art Deco

Art Deco Member

Dec 10, 2009
    With all the discussion about what channel to record and which channel's showing what, keep in mind that replays of all the matches can be viewed via the NBC Sports App, provided you have a cable/satellite subscription. And it works with a Roku or Chromecast.

12. daniloni

daniloni Member+

Tottenham Hotspur
    United States
    Jul 17, 2013
    Oakland, CA
    Club:
    Atlanta
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    On DirecTV it's 205-1 and 600-1 (same thing mirrored).

13. LaxBandit

LaxBandit Member+

Aug 27, 1999
    North Tonawanda, NY
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    #88 LaxBandit, Aug 9, 2016
    Last edited: Aug 9, 2016
  14. LaxBandit

LaxBandit Member+

Aug 27, 1999
    North Tonawanda, NY
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    #89 LaxBandit, Aug 9, 2016
    Last edited: Aug 9, 2016
    Olympics 2016 - Mens Soccer TV/Commentator Schedule - Wednesday, August 10.

12:00 pm ET - Men - Algeria vs Portugal - Estádio Minerão, Belo Horizonte .

12:00 pm ET - Men - Argentina vs Honduras - Estádio Nacional Mané Garrincha, Brasilia.
    LIVE TV - NBCSN - NBC Olympic Soccer Channel - Commentators - Steve Bower - Robbie Mustoe.
    LIVE TV - Telemundo - Comentators - TBA - TBA.

3:00 pm ET - Men - Germany vs Fiji - Estádio Minerão, Belo Horizonte.

3:00 pm ET - Men - South Korea vs Mexico - Estádio Nacional Mané Garrincha, Brasilia.
    LIVE TV - MSNBC - NBC Olympic Soccer Channel - Steve Cangialosi - Kyle Martino.
    LIVE TV - Telemundo - NBC Universo - Commentators - TBA - TBA.

6:00 pm ET - Men - Japan vs Sweden - Arena Fonte Nova, Salvador.
    LIVE TV- NBC Olympic Soccer Channel - World Feed - Commentators - TBA - TBA.

6:00 pm ET - Men - Colombia vs Nigeria - Arena Corinthians, São Paulo.
    LIVE TV - NBC Universo - Commentators - TBA - TBA.

9:00 pm ET - Men - Denmark vs Brazil - Arena Fonte Nova, Salvador.
    LIVE - NBCSN - NBC Olympic Soccer Channel - Commentators - Steve Canglialosi - Robbie Earle.

9:00 pm ET - Men - South Africa vs Iraq - Arena Corinthians, São Paulo.

http://www.philly.com/philly/blogs/...mmer-Olympics-soccer-television-schedule.html

Soccer Specialty Channel TV Schedule - Mens Soccer - Wednesday, August 10.

12:00 pm ET - 2:00 pm ET - Men - Argentina vs Honduras - LIVE.
    2:00 pm ET - 3:00 pm ET - Men - Algeria vs Portugal - Tape Delay - Edited.
    3:00 pm ET - 5:00 pm ET - Men - South Korea vs Mexico - LIVE.
    5:00 pm ET - 6:00 pm ET - Men - Germany vs Fiji - Tape Delay - Edited.
    6:00 pm ET - 8:00 pm ET - Men - Japan vs Sweden - LIVE.
    8:00 pm ET - 9:00 pm ET - Men - Colombia vs Nigeria - Tape Delay - Edited.
    9:00 pm ET - 11:00 pm ET - Men - Denmark vs Brazil - LIVE.
    11:00 pm ET - 12:30 am ET - Men - Algeria vs Portugal - Replay - Edited.
    12:30 am ET - 2:00 am ET - Men - Germany vs Fiji - Replay - Edited.

http://nbcsportsgrouppressbox.com/2...bcs-primetime-coverage-tuesday-at-8-p-m-etpt/

15. LaxBandit

LaxBandit Member+

Aug 27, 1999
    North Tonawanda, NY
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  16. danielmak

danielmak Member

Sep 26, 2004
    off the purple line
    Re: LaxBandit's schedule above, DirecTV's on-screen guide for the Soccer Channel is showing complete games later in the night for the games that appear in edited form earlier in the day. We'll see if that's the case. I can say that the on-screen guide isn't accurate in terms of content, which might be a product of complete games airing earlier than expected (e.g., Algeria-Portugal seems to be airing in the Germany-Fiji slot but I can't say for sure because I'm trying to avoid spoilers of live games and wasn't home to watch live). Anyway, if you have the DVR space and want to see full games, it might be worth also recording the various reruns on the Soccer Channel and adding some extra time to the recordings.

17. LaxBandit

LaxBandit Member+

Aug 27, 1999
    North Tonawanda, NY
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  18. LaxBandit

LaxBandit Member+

Aug 27, 1999
    North Tonawanda, NY
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

19. LaxBandit

LaxBandit Member+

Aug 27, 1999
    North Tonawanda, NY
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    #94 LaxBandit, Aug 12, 2016
    Last edited: Aug 12, 2016
    Olympics 2016 - Womens Soccer - TV/Commentator Schedule - Quarterfinals - Friday, August 12.

12:00 pm ET - Women - United States vs Sweden - Estádio Nacional Mané Garrincha, Brasilia.
    LIVE TV - NBCSN - NBC Olympic Soccer Channel - Commentators - Arlo White - Kate Markgraf - Sebastian Salazar.
    LIVE TV - Telemundo - Commentators - TBA - TBA.

3:00 pm ET - Women - China vs Germany - Arena Fonte Nova, Salvador.
    LIVE TV - MSNBC - NBC Olympic Soccer Channel - Commentators - Steve Cangialosi - Danielle Slaton.

6:00 pm ET - Women - Canada vs France - Arena Corinthians, São Paulo.
    LIVE TV - CNBC - NBC Olympic Soccer Channel - Commentators - Mark Followill - Angela Hucles.

9:00 pm ET - Women - Brazil vs Australia - Estádio Minerão, Belo Horizonte.
    LIVE TV - NBCSN - NBC Olympic Soccer Channel - Commentators - Steve Cangialosi - Danielle Slaton.

Soccer Specialty Channel TV Schedule - Womens Soccer - Quarterfinals - Friday, August 12.

12:00 pm ET - 2:00 pm ET - Women - United States vs Sweden - LIVE.
    2:00 pm ET - 3:00 pm ET - Women - United States vs Sweden - Replay - Edited.
    3:00 pm ET - 5:00 pm ET - Women - China vs Germany - LIVE.
    5:00 pm ET - 6:00 pm ET - Women - China vs Germany - Replay - Edited.
    6:00 pm ET - 8:00 pm ET - Women - Canada vs France - LIVE.
    8:00 pm ET - 9:00 pm ET - Women - Canada vs France - Replay - Edited.
    9:00 pm ET - 11:00 pm ET - Women - Brazil vs Australia - LIVE.
    11:00 pm ET - 12:00 am ET - Women - Brazil vs Australia - Replay - Edited.

20. LaxBandit

LaxBandit Member+

Aug 27, 1999
    North Tonawanda, NY
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  21. LaxBandit

LaxBandit Member+

Aug 27, 1999
    North Tonawanda, NY
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  22. LaxBandit

LaxBandit Member+

Aug 27, 1999
    North Tonawanda, NY
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    #97 LaxBandit, Aug 12, 2016
    Last edited: Aug 12, 2016
    Olympics 2016 - Mens Soccer - TV/Commentator Schedule - Quarterfinals - Saturday, August 13.

12:00 pm ET - Men - Portugal vs Germany - Estádio Nacional Mané Garrincha, Brasilia.
    LIVE TV - NBCSN - NBC Olympic Soccer Channel - Commentators - Steve Cangialosi - Kyle Martino.

3:00 pm ET - Men - Nigeria vs Denmark - Arena Fonte Nova, Salvador.
    LIVE TV - NBCSN - NBC Olympic Soccer Channel - Commentators - Mark Followill - Kyle Martino.
    LIVE TV - Telemundo - Commentators - TBA - TBA.

6:00 pm ET - Men - South Korea vs Honduras - Estádio Minerão, Belo Horizonte.
    LIVE TV - CNBC - JIP - 6:30 pm ET - NBC Olympic Soccer Channel - LIVE - 6:00 pm ET.
    Commentators - Mark Followill - Stuart Holden.

9:00 pm ET - Men - Brazil vs Colombia - Arena Corinthians, São Paulo.
    LIVE TV - NBCSN - NBC Olympic Soccer Channel - Mark Followill - Stuart Holden.

Soccer Specialty Channel TV Schedule - Mens Soccer - Quarterfinals - Saturday, August 13.

12:00 pm ET - 2:00 pm ET - Men - Portugal vs Germany - LIVE.
    2:00 pm ET - 3:00 pm ET - Men - Portugal vs Germany - Replay - Edited.
    3:00 pm ET - 5:00 pm ET - Men - Nigeria vs Denmark - LIVE.
    5:00 pm ET - 6:00 pm ET - Men - Nigeria vs Denmark - Replay - Edited.
    6:00 pm ET - 8:00 pm ET - Men - South Korea vs Honduras - LIVE.
    8:00 pm ET - 9:00 pm ET - Men - South Korea vs Honduras - Replay - Edited.
    9:00 pm ET - 11:00 pm ET - Men - Brazil vs Colombia - LIVE.
    11:00 pm ET - 12:00 am ET (?) - Men - Match Of The Day - Replay - Edited (?).

23. Art Deco

Art Deco Member

Dec 10, 2009
    Of course these 1-hour edited replays between matches are liable to be scratched if any of the matches go to extra time/penalties, so I would not rely on watching any of them in lieu of the live match since you're just as likely to be tuning straight into the extra time for that game. Plus if you do tune in to them and the replay is on, you'll know that the match ended in the regulation 90 which is a spoiler in itself.

LaxBandit repped this.
  24. HomietheClown

HomietheClown Member+

Dusselheim FC 1971
    Sep 4, 2010
    Club:
    --other--
    #99 HomietheClown, Aug 13, 2016
    Last edited: Aug 13, 2016
    So Germany-Portugal ended up being on Telemundo after all.

Crazy last second decisions.

I hear that the Brazil-Colombia match may also be on Telemundo this evening.

*Edit, just heard it again during the Germany-Portugal match that the Brazil -Colombia match will be simulcasted on NBC Universo and Telemundo.

LaxBandit repped this.
  25. LaxBandit

LaxBandit Member+

Aug 27, 1999
    North Tonawanda, NY
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    NBC Sports PR ‏@NBCSportsPR-
    TV UPDATE - Men’s Trampoline Gold Medal Final will now air on NBCSN starting at 2:40 pm ET.
    Denmark-Nigeria Mens Soccer Quarterfinal Match will now be joined in progress around 3:15 pm ET.
    LB - You can watch the match from the start - 3:00 pm ET - on NBC Soccer Channel/Telemundo or online at NBC Olympics . com