Oklahoma City 2014-15

Discussion in 'Rayo OKC' started by Laramie, Jul 20, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Brother Badgerjohn

Oct 16, 2000
    Okie City
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    OKCFC will be in NPSL next year, and they're looking at playing at OCU again. The longest road game is in Houston - lots of road trips!

adoptedsooner and ManuSooner repped this.
  2. ManuSooner

ManuSooner Member+

Nov 15, 2007
    Oklahoma City
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    You know what this means?...... OKC v. Tulsa!

3. ceezmad

ceezmad Member+

Mar 4, 2010
    Chicago
    Club:
    Chicago Red Stars
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  4. ceezmad

ceezmad Member+

Mar 4, 2010
    Chicago
    Club:
    Chicago Red Stars
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Didn't Galvenson, TX have a team in the NPSL?

5. ManuSooner

ManuSooner Member+

Nov 15, 2007
    Oklahoma City
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Well Frisco is right close to downtown Dallas, according to FCD Apologists... ;)

adoptedsooner repped this.
  6. ManuSooner

ManuSooner Member+

Nov 15, 2007
    Oklahoma City
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Nice start:

Laramie and Prosoccercdn repped this.
  7. FCjason

FCjason Member

Jul 25, 2013
    Oklahoma City
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    NICE!!! I wish they were starting in 2014

brentgoulet repped this.
  8. brentgoulet

brentgoulet Member+

Oct 12, 2005
    PuertoPlata, DomRep

spring 2014 or fall 2014 :)

9. USRufnex

USRufnex Red Card

Tulsa Athletic / Sheffield United
    United States
    Jul 15, 2000
    Tulsa, OK
    Club:
    --other--
    Plano, actually.

[​IMG]

10. ManuSooner

ManuSooner Member+

Nov 15, 2007
    Oklahoma City
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  11. ceezmad

ceezmad Member+

Mar 4, 2010
    Chicago
    Club:
    Chicago Red Stars
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Wait for the USL team with the "best league below MLS" advertisements. :rolleyes:

12. Brother Badgerjohn

Oct 16, 2000
    Okie City
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Uh...that would mean that the USL team would have to start actually making advertisements. All I've seen is a dasherboard ad at a Barons game and a website that hasn't been updated since August.

13. brentgoulet

brentgoulet Member+

Oct 12, 2005
    PuertoPlata, DomRep
    Maybe Funk Jr has been too busy obtaining the Tulsa Roughnecks trademark ? :D

14. ManuSooner

ManuSooner Member+

Nov 15, 2007
    Oklahoma City
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I hope he's been too busy just buggering off!

15. dahernandez3

dahernandez3 New Member

Oct 31, 2013
    Club:
    FC Dallas
    Read through this whole thread, too much to reply to!

The owner of Skinnys is one of my best friends, he loves the game. Also, keep your eyes out for more improvements to the pub.

Also, if you guys are interested in participating/planning/talking/etc in the new Supporters Group for the OKC NASL team, there will be a meeting at Skinny Slims on November 16th at 2p. There, we will be discussing how we want our SG to look. We are still looking at how to formulate the best leadership structure that will not only sustain the group for the years ahead, but grow and serve those in the SG. Please come out if you have the time!

16. adoptedsooner

adoptedsooner Member

Dec 5, 2007
    Norman
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    The thing is some people have more faith in the USL Pro than NASL. Or so I discovered recently. I talked for a few minutes, but had to just :rolleyes: and walk away.

17. OFCBDJ

OFCBDJ Member

Jul 6, 2013
    Is it just me or does anyone else find it odd that a team that is supposed to be playing in 3 short months hasn't announce a name, venue, coach, etc? Didn't they say at their press conference back during the summer that they could "guarantee" that the NASL would never play a game in OKC and that the USL would play in spring of 2014??

I bet the next thing we here from Prodigal is that they have decided that "due to overwhelming interest, they are suspending their USL operations and are mounting an effort to bring the MLS to Oklahoma City"...

What a bunch of hot air from Funk, Allgood, and the folks at Prodigal

brentgoulet and ManuSooner repped this.
  18. ManuSooner

ManuSooner Member+

Nov 15, 2007
    Oklahoma City
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I just looked at a Barons pocket schedule and realized that they have closed off portions of the stands, apparently in an effort to make the arena look fuller. AND, a cheap seat now costs $18. But they DO have $1 Hot Dogs on Friday nights...
    Seriously? You OKC USL apologists, THESE are the people you want bringing soccer to OKC? Pathetic...

FCjason repped this.
  19. ManuSooner

ManuSooner Member+

Nov 15, 2007
    Oklahoma City
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Alright OKC soccer fans, we have a goal to shoot for. I just looked at the Indy Eleven forum and they now have ~7,000 STH deposits put down! Holy crap!

20. Laramie

Laramie Member

May 5, 2010
    Oklahoma City, OK
    Club:
    Sporting Kansas City
    Yes, they have the higher level seats at the north & south ends covered with a black tarp.

The general admission Barons' seats are $3.00 higher than the OKC Thunder's prices. The Thunder has its game day give-away & reduced seating lottery in which anyone can enter before the game.

When I was in the teaching professionwe took a class excursion to Harris Packing Company in Oklahoma City and we observed them process various meats, hot dogs and hot links. Believe me, after seeing that--I ate my last ballpark frank.

Schwab's Meat Company in Oklahoma City does process a hot dog weiner which doesn't have all of the garbage meat in it. They cost more than your average package of weiners; however you are getting a better quality hot dog.

21. Laramie

Laramie Member

May 5, 2010
    Oklahoma City, OK
    Club:
    Sporting Kansas City
    Indy Eleven begins its inagural season in 2014, they will play at Michael Carroll Stadium (Ground capacity 12,100); when will we have an opportunity to begin making ticket deposits for the 2015 season?​

22. OkieZebra

OkieZebra Member

Aug 11, 2013
    Club:
    Norwich City FC
  23. The Devil's Architect

Feb 10, 2000
    The American Steppe
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Not to be an apologist for FC Dallas, because I hate them and their assfaces, but to continue to gripe about their location, and misrepresent the Dallas/Frisco location issue is rather pointless. The City of Dallas did not want the then Dallas Burn for anything other than as a tenant to the decaying Cotton Bowl and refused to assist Hunt Sports Group to assemble a suitable parcel of land for the construction of a stadium. Further, it took the presidents of OU & Texas to make serious moves towards moving the annual game to Jerryworld before they would make basic repairs to the Cotton Bowl, including making all the restrooms work.

Sadly, there are a lot of provincial twats that have both never been to Dallas, nor understand the regional demographics and development history, that believe there are just 30-50 acre parcels laying around in the inner suburbs or Dallas proper that HSG could have bought and built upon. Not to mention plenty of clowns in the Dallas market that believe the same thing, even though they can barely tell you anything about any parcel of land that isn't on their daily commute. But it's very easy to spend other people's money than it is your own.

MuzzaFC repped this.
  24. The Devil's Architect

Feb 10, 2000
    The American Steppe
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    60-90 days is pretty common. Just ask TCFCKAM fans

25. ManuSooner

ManuSooner Member+

Nov 15, 2007
    Oklahoma City
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    to quote one of my favorite movies, "Yeah, and if a frog had wings, it wouldn't bumps its ass ahoppin..." :)