ok we have the numbers now we need to work on more chants!!!!!!

Discussion in 'Columbus Supporters Clubs' started by bigal614, Dec 8, 2008.

1. matthewsaul20

matthewsaul20 Member

Apr 29, 2008
    Columbus
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Maybe we should start using a megaphone to have more direction in the section . We should have someone to begin all the songs and make sure they split them up evenly . and make sure each chant/song lasts an appropriate time . especially with people not knowing words to certain chants such as "glory to columbus" (love it but i get frusterated when people say "glory to columbus" 3 times in a row) . i know we tried using a megaphone a couple years ago but i also remember the person using it wasn't in the front of the section . idk the section just needs to run smoother . it could really be a plus if someone who is well known would direct everything .

2. cbus3

cbus3 Member

Columbus Crew
    United States
    Aug 9, 2009
    Paxdecke
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    The drums ruin a lot of chants. They're necessary sometimes but not every chant. And different drummers get off beat with each other too quite often

3. footy5

footy5 Member

Feb 27, 2008
    The D

The ACB in LA have been doing it most of the season in good numbers. You can find it on our boards going back to May of last year at a time when no one in the league was doing it but we only did it in small numbers. That's just what happens. No one can say someone stole a song from us when it is a song someone found on youtube from another club and posted it on here. Had we made the same effort that was made recently we could say we were the first in MLS to use it, instead we didn't, we put it out there for others to see and they were able to get it together.

I think you can find a handful of occasions (I can name 3 or 4 that I put up in 2009- Horto being one as I put it up at the beginning of the season and Seattle were the first to do it in the league and they had a video showing their 'first run' of it- a month after I put it on our board) of songs put on here before anyone else in the league did them that didn't catch on full steam in CBus and did in places where they have a better structure for songs. Just like the other 2 new songs we have been doing lately (Just Can't Get Enuogh & I Believe We Can Win) are already in rotation with other clubs before we started doing it. We Love you was done by clubs before us in MLS but we owned it when we did and it and I really feel like that song is associated with us as we made it a recognized song in this league. Once we did it in mass, then most of the teams started doing it. Yo Se Le Voy is also another song that is 'Columbus' as I hear numerous teams do it now and NO ONE in MLS did that before us.

Like Thoma said in a previous post, the only option is to do songs better than anyone else. Once a song is out there it's open for everyone to do, so own it. This is also why we need to stop looking at foreign clubs for sngs they do and start using all the creativity in the corner to come up with our own and then there is no question who started it. I Know I've seen a handful of unique ideas (Black Keys) on here that should get promotion.

This debate can be added to the Palermo, Stadium Roof, Stern John, etc.... threads that are cyclical on these boards. Manny has taken an active approach in 141 to be a chant leader and that has helped recently but he is just added to some other who have already been doing that in CSU (Clem/D&D/Mike) for years and La Turbina have their own (the drum). Until there is 1, there is the risk of segmented chants.

4. THOMA GOL

THOMA GOL BigSoccer Supporter

Jul 16, 1999
    Frontier
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    +REP and well spoken truth. Bolded part is the key, especially considering the history of music in the U.S.A.

5. footy5

footy5 Member

Feb 27, 2008
    The D
    I've got one that I came up with and love it but I am hesitant to put it up on here......*cough* private forum *cough* I don't want to put it up have us not do it and then some other club take it.

6. THOMA GOL

Jul 16, 1999
    Frontier
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    hahahaha I hear ya *cough cough*

7. Fenerbace

Fenerbace Member

Oct 8, 2008
    Club:
    Portland Timbers
    Nat'l Team:
    Turkey
    Timbers did Horto in 2007. Pure conjecture, but of the two clubs, Seattle more likely borrowed from their arch rival.

8. footy5

footy5 Member

Feb 27, 2008
    The D
    All I was referencing was the fact that I put it on here 1 month before they started doing it which was apparently well after you guys started it accoridng to you I was searching what the Timbers were doing to tkae their songs, I just know that I made a post and then shortly after the song popped up in Seattle). Funny how someone from another club posts in this thread, ironic. I'm sure you're going to tell me you guys did "When we cheer, We cheer for the Timbers" since pre-2008 too?

April 14 2009:

https://www.bigsoccer.com/forum/showthread.php?t=873673&page=17

Youtube video of Sounders DEBUTING horto MAY 10, 2009 (per video description: Emerald City Supporters debut their version of "Horto Magicko" at the May 10, 2009 match against LA Galaxy.)

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ew0lHcSoAos"]ECS - The Blue and the Green - YouTube[/ame]

BOOM goes the Dynamite. They were lurking, just like you are lurking.

9. CrewBeat

CrewBeat Be Massive My Friends

Jul 27, 2004
    Manhattan
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    We do have a private forum off bigsoccer, can probably look at opening it up to more people if there is interest.

10. osubowler

osubowler Member

Apr 7, 2007
    Columbus
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    where?

11. THOMA GOL

Jul 16, 1999
    Frontier
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    parts unknown

12. BeMassiveSoccer

Jul 27, 2007
    Relegation Zone
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Yeah, where the heck has this thing been? :confused:

13. Chad is Dead

Chad is Dead Member

Sep 25, 2009
    Columbus
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Interested

14. CrewBeat

CrewBeat Be Massive My Friends

Jul 27, 2004
    Manhattan
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    We'll look at opening it up in the offseason, need to make sure it can't be viewed without proper permissions before making it more available.

I just wanted to mention it before someone goes and creates something when we already have one.

15. patbills88

patbills88 Member

Jun 17, 2011
    Columbus
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    So how about we stop finding videos of other teams chants and come up with our own? Finding youtube videos is probably the least creative thing you can do. I dont think some people realize how many of our chants are rip offs from others. Lets make a list of ones that have not been taken from another team, and im not talking mls, im talking any team, because whats the difference between stealing from an mls team and stealing from the a european team? Either way its not original.
    Wise men say, Yellow soccer team, we are massive, karma chameleon...

16. DrunkandDisorderly

Mar 17, 2008
    Columbus
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Can you post the words to the Hesmer song? I'm assuming that was an original creation. I would post it myself, but I don't wanna mess it up.

17. patbills88

patbills88 Member

Jun 17, 2011
    Columbus
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    "Butterfly in the sky
    Will can fly twice as high
    Take look, in the record books
    Its William Hesssssmerrrrr
    Heeeee can saveeee anything!

Will should grow, a big afro, its william hesmerrrr
    WILLIAM HESMERR WILLIAM HESMERR
    Still looking for a second verse, anyone have any ideas?

18. DAFCrew

DAFCrew Member+

Feb 27, 2007
    Terre Haute, Indiana
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    See him standing on his head,
    Like the sentry all teams dread,
    Ricky Bobby in the net,
    He may be the greatest yet.

19. crew317

crew317 Member

Aug 15, 2010
    Cicero, Indiana
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

Are you kidding me?

20. DAFCrew

DAFCrew Member+

Feb 27, 2007
    Terre Haute, Indiana
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    No, he really was watching the Timbers game.

21. cbus3

cbus3 Member

Columbus Crew
    United States
    Aug 9, 2009
    Paxdecke
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Word for Word, I think they were even using "glory"... There's no way they happened to be inspired by the exact same chant at the exact same time. You don't think some cool team copied us do you??

22. THOMA GOL

Jul 16, 1999
    Frontier
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Moving collectively somehow. Congo line, arm in arm, something fresh

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vepsNQJZbNc"]2011.10.23 ??????? vs ?????????????? - YouTube[/ame]

23. BlacknGold

BlacknGold Member

Sep 10, 2008
    Houston
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I was thinking about this the other day about the YSA chant. If YSA is deemed 'played out' or offensive, why not chant CO-LUM-BUS, just with a little more pace? It's a little dull, but could be a lead in to the song itself.

24. THOMA GOL

Jul 16, 1999
    Frontier
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    With a BOOM of the drum/hand clap after -BUS

25. BlacknGold

BlacknGold Member

Sep 10, 2008
    Houston
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    That could sound pretty sweet. And we won't be ruining setting a bad example for our impressionable youth :D