Official Schalke 04 Thread[R]

Discussion in 'Germany' started by WVKeeper, Oct 7, 2004.

1. DemmahoM

DemmahoM Member

Apr 1, 2005
    New Haven CT
    Club:
    --other--
    Kuranyi/Sand/Ailton (if he stays)/Asamoah.....

Very impressive.

2. The Old Lady Hertha

The Old Lady Hertha New Member

Dec 15, 2004
    Boston, MA
    Club:
    Hertha BSC Berlin
    Nat'l Team:
    China PR
    heard that they might be going for Mateja Kezman of Chelsea too! What a strikeforce....but who would be the one left out and start complaining, that prolly would be Ailton. :D

3. NUFCBayern

NUFCBayern Moderator
    Staff Member

Apr 9, 2004
    Columbus, OH
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Where would Ailton go?? Within Germany I would think. Stuttgart?

4. scorpio81

scorpio81 Member

Sep 21, 2004
    London
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    http://www.uefa.com/footballcentral/news/Kind=2/newsId=309212.html

kuranyi to schalke on uefa.com

will be good for the national team... will be good for the bundesliga, and will be good for kuranyi... i am really interested in seeing whether or not kuranyi can cut it at a higher level... i have to admit i am still sceptical about his ability... this will be a good chance to prove his doubters wrong...

5. Vfbstuttgartfan

Aug 3, 2004
    Stuttgart
    Club:
    VfB Stuttgart
    Wait how is it a higher level? I'm pretty sure Schalke and Stuttgart could be considered on the same level, especially in the past season. And if you mean Champions League, well, Kuranyi has already proved himself to be capable of scoring goals in such high competition...

6. scorpio81

scorpio81 Member

Sep 21, 2004
    London
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    well, maybe not play at a higher level, but what i meant is take it to the next level in terms of performances...
    he did well with stuttgart, but now he has the chance to prove that he can continue to do it elsewhere... and now he has no excuse, cos i believe schalke is slightly better player for player than the stuttgart team kuranyi played for...

7. Vfbstuttgartfan

Aug 3, 2004
    Stuttgart
    Club:
    VfB Stuttgart
    Well, ok that's fair enough. I wouldn't quite agree that player for player Schalke are better atleast not until now, but that's your opinion. sorry, i think i took the post before a little too personal :D

8. sting-ray

sting-ray New Member

May 16, 2005
    Bad Zw'ahn
    Club:
    SV Werder Bremen
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    5-years wasn`t very smart i think i don`t think he will stay at Schalke for 5 years.

9. PileD

PileD New Member

Nov 19, 2003
    Ruhrgebiet
    The future will show.

Tomorrow is another day than today, and over tororrow is the bright future, and yesterday was future one day before yesterday and now the future is present.

Hey, what happenend next year in the season we will see, Champions, idiots or absolutely winners.
    We know it in 10 months. Wait and see.

E.G. for two years I worked for a company (who build cars) in Germany, now I`ve my own company. If you ask me two years ago about a company I would say you are crazy and should banned behing bars.
    Now it's normal, not the bars, but I worked on my own bill.

What I say is only, somethings can change faster than you thing.

And in Soccer much faster.

Possible I`ve a new client, befor one year! I dream to talk to them.
    But things change.

10. scorpio81

scorpio81 Member

Sep 21, 2004
    London
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to PileD again.

:D

11. PileD

PileD New Member

Nov 19, 2003
    Ruhrgebiet
    Did anyone of the Americans here know if you can buy a Currywurst (currysausage Germany style) within the Pommes special? in the US.

I ask this cause I made a bet with a friend, that this is complete not buyable in the U.S.

I will make holiday in a short time in the U.S. again. But I never get a Currywurst. And never a Pommes special. I could only order a special french fried ( the same ) but they but "Sauerkraut on it"

But a special Pommes is - Mayonnaise with Curry Sauce and Onions - and I never could buy it together, the sausage and the fries.

12. NUFCBayern

NUFCBayern Moderator
    Staff Member

Apr 9, 2004
    Columbus, OH
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Das wäre SEHR SCHWER in Amerika zu finden. Fast unmöglich. Vielleicht bei einem deutschen Restaurant...obwohl es gibt hier relativ wenige deutschen Restaurants. Ich glaube du wirst diese Wette gewinnen.

13. footyfan1

footyfan1 BigSoccer Supporter

Oct 20, 2003
    San Antonio, Texas
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

The fact that he probably won't stay at Schalke for five years makes the deal a smart one.

If Kuranyi wants to leave in two years, Schalke can still ask any price they want for him since he's still under contract to them for three more years.

Say Schalke only signed Kuranyi to a three year contract. After two years, if Kuranyi wants to leave, Schalke would almost have to sell him for whatever they can get because Kuranyi could leave after that next season on a free transfer and Schalke would get nothing.

I think Schalke were very smart to sign Kuranyi to a five-year deal.

14. footyfan1

Oct 20, 2003
    San Antonio, Texas
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

There is a German restaurant just outside of San Antonio where I'm sure you can get it. It's owned by an old couple from Munich.

15. sting-ray

sting-ray New Member

May 16, 2005
    Bad Zw'ahn
    Club:
    SV Werder Bremen
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    but i mean for Kuranyi i see no reason to make 5-year contracts. I know it is clear that for Schalke it is a good thing.

16. footyfan1

Oct 20, 2003
    San Antonio, Texas
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by footyfan1
    The fact that he probably won't stay at Schalke for five years makes the deal a smart one.

If Kuranyi wants to leave in two years, Schalke can still ask any price they want for him since he's still under contract to them for three more years.

Say Schalke only signed Kuranyi to a three year contract. After two years, if Kuranyi wants to leave, Schalke would almost have to sell him for whatever they can get because Kuranyi could leave after that next season on a free transfer and Schalke would get nothing.

I think Schalke were very smart to sign Kuranyi to a five-year deal.

Why is it not good for Kuranyi?

Kuranyi thinks he can win titles there. And it hasn't been made publicly known, but I would think Kuranyi has the same type of "escape clauses" in this Schalke contract as he did in his Stuttgart contract.

Remember, the only reason he could leave Stuttgart for the 7 million buyout was because they missed the Champions' League. I'm almost certain he has those same type of clauses with Schalke.

17. PileD

PileD New Member

Nov 19, 2003
    Ruhrgebiet
    Hört sich gut an.

18. PileD

PileD New Member

Nov 19, 2003
    Ruhrgebiet
    This is crazy, couse in Munich there is one "fries hall" who offer this and it's owned by a man from Bochum "Ruhrarea" who import the sausages from the Ruhrarea.

19. PileD

PileD New Member

Nov 19, 2003
    Ruhrgebiet

I thing another reason for him to leave Stuttgart was, the chemical between him and the club was not the best at last.

But it's not bad for Schalke to buy him.

20. BongartzUndRivera

Sep 24, 2004
    NYC
    Club:
    SS Lazio Roma
    Re: Kuranyi

Sorry guys, I had to and am still doing a lot of work recently so forgive me by not writting a lot...........but also I could not log into the site for a while :confused: ........anyway I still want to do my homework.........

Yes there is not a classic playmaker, but I am sure Lincoln could play a bit deeper next seson with all the attacking force we have now.

I'm glad about it as well.
    We might have gotten too dutchy since we had many Dutch at the time the jersey came out.

My friend, just taste a polluted hot dog from a Hot Dog stands at the streets of Manahattan for a change.

I agree with you, the best ever fan of BVB!

As PileD said before, Schalke were in a rush to build a team last Summer to attend the Intertoto, which I think also got the palyers very tiered mentally as well.

I am sure we would be much more prepared and hopefully do well in Europe as well.

21. sting-ray

sting-ray New Member

May 16, 2005
    Bad Zw'ahn
    Club:
    SV Werder Bremen
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Re: Kuranyi

i like Ralf Ragnick :cool:

22. The Old Lady Hertha

Dec 15, 2004
    Boston, MA
    Club:
    Hertha BSC Berlin
    Nat'l Team:
    China PR
    But suppose he declines in those 2 years...you're paying so much for a person who doesn't produce. Then how do you sell him, unless you really LOWER his price.

And look at Dortmund case...they signed a lot of players long term and they got in trouble for it. And looking at Schalke's financial problems, which are still kinda serious, it could be bad financials.

23. footyfan1

Oct 20, 2003
    San Antonio, Texas
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Do you really believe Kuranyi is going to go there and not produce???

Before you bring up Ailton, don't forget that Ailton was shite in his first season at Bremen too. Then he caught fire.

Disagree. Dortmund's problems weren't because they signed those players long-term. Dortmund's problems happened because they SEVERELY OVERPAID for most of the players and when Sammer drove them off, they didn't even ATTEMPT to get any return on their investment.

Those idiots thought the CL money would never stop rolling in.

It was like giving a teenager a checkbook and telling them as long as they have checks, they have money.

Here's an example of how f#cking stupid they were.

Fredi Bobic had two decent seasons in Dortmund. Dortmund paid Stuttgart about what was 6 million Euros back then. It was about 12 million German Marks.

Sammer falls in love with Jan Koller and Dortmund outbid no one but themselves to get Koller to Dortmund. Paid about 23M Euros for Koller when there was no one else bidding and they could have gotten him for between 15 and 20.

Anyhow, Sammer never gives Bobic a fair shot at the lineup again. BTW, this is what first clued me into Sammer being Dortmund's problem and not the players.

Everyone else caught on almost three seasons later........

Yes, I'm "bragging", but I told them!! :) :)

Anyhow, I'll bet you think BVB sells Bobic to the highest bidder, right??

That's what anyone in their right mind would do, right??

Oh no!! Not the previous BVB management!! No!

They loan Bobic to Bolton for peanuts. Bobic does well for Bolton and at the end of the loan, Bolton tells BVB they want Bobic but can only offer 2 million British pounds, which I believe at the time was about 3.3 million Euros. Something like that.

That's about half their investment in Bobic's transfer fee. Do they take it??

NO!!! They bring Bobic back to Dortmund and make him sit on the bench until he can't take it anymore!!!

When Bobic FINALLY speaks out and tells everyone he's not getting a fair shot, no one wants to listen and most call him a crybaby.

BVB then sells him to Hannover for a REPORTED 500,000 Euros!!!

Yes! That's half a million Euros when Bolton were offering 3.3 million!!!

And I say a "reported" 500,000 Euros because some don't believe BVB got that much.

That's just an example. Don't even get me started on the Amoroso case....

Contract length has nothing to do with Dortmund's problem. Stupid management by the previous "regime" and trust in the wrong man (Sammer) by that "regime" and the supporters is what killed Dortmund.

But we're on our way back. Reports of our total demise have been greatly exaggerated......... ;)

24. The Old Lady Hertha

Dec 15, 2004
    Boston, MA
    Club:
    Hertha BSC Berlin
    Nat'l Team:
    China PR
    I did say "suppose..." could happen, he could get injurede

Thats a lot of "ifs" i know, but thats football.

25. footyfan1

Oct 20, 2003
    San Antonio, Texas
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

You said:

+++++++++++++++++++
    Originally Posted by The Old Lady Hertha
    But suppose he declines in those 2 years...you're paying so much for a person who doesn't produce. Then how do you sell him, unless you really LOWER his price.
    +++++++++++++++++

To me, that said nothing about injuries. You specifically addressed potential decline in production.

I don't think Injury is an issue in these cases.

Even if Kuranyi blows out his knee in the first minute of the first match, no one can say "See, they shouldn't have signed him".

Anyone can get injured at anytime, doing anything.

That shouldn't be an issue when signing someone unless they have a history of serious injuries.

And in that case, only a serious gambler would sign a person like that.

This isn't the case with Kuranyi.