Official Romanian Related News Thread [R]

Discussion in 'Romania' started by darylgrove79, Apr 27, 2006.

1. exeprime

exeprime New Member

Oct 4, 2006
    Romania
    Dinamo Buc. signs two new players: Denis Romanovs (28, goalkeeper) and Maris Smirnovs (30, stopper / defensive midfielder) - both Letonian.

Both positions lacked depth at Dinamo, as the current keepers (Gaev, Matache, Moss) failed to prove safe enough, and in the center of the defense, Goian and Galamaz are poor solutions should Moti or Radu Stefan miss a game.

2. FallenRO

FallenRO New Member

Nov 30, 2006
    Victoras Iacob may play a few minutes for Steaua Bucharest in today's game against Poli Timisoara. Hopefully this is not just a rumor... If he'll play now, he'll also play against Lyon in the last match in the Champions League for Steaua...

3. Edgar

Edgar Member

2006/2007 UEFA European Under-19 Championship Elite Round

Group 7: Romania, Serbia, Switzerland, Denmark

All matches will be played in Switzerland between 31 May and 5 June.

4. Edgar

Edgar Member

Marius Niculae has signed for Mainz (last place in the German Bundesliga).

5. Edgar

Edgar Member

CFR Cluj signed 3 players:

Miguel Angel Cuellar (Paraguay) and Andre de Souza Galiassi (Brazil), both from Bolivar (Bolivia) and Viorel Frunza (Moldova) from FC Vaslui.

6. ToonUSA

ToonUSA New Member

Jan 11, 2005
    Hmmm...I don't know if I like this.

Sure, it's great he signed for a team in a league like the Bundesliga but them being last place doesn't help. Also the German Bundesliga isn't the greatest place to get exposure.

7. SirManchester

SirManchester Member+

Apr 14, 2004
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Sure it is, it's one of the biggest leagues in the world and looking at this season, it's by far the best right after the EPL. It's great exposure for Romanian players any way you look at it.

8. ToonUSA

ToonUSA New Member

Jan 11, 2005
  9. Edgar

Edgar Member

Dica (Steaua) could sign for Aston Villa according to Gazeta Sporturilor.

10. ToonUSA

ToonUSA New Member

Jan 11, 2005
    Hmmm I am torn about this move. That will damage Steaua's run in the UEFA Cup as well as in the Liga I but it would be a great move for Dica and the national team.

11. Edgar

Edgar Member

FRF has confirmed the schedule for Liga I and the Romanian Cup:

Liga I

Next round: February 24th
    Last round: May 26th

Romanian Cup

Quarterfinals: February 28th
    Semifinals: April 18th
    Final: May 23rd (in Timisoara)

12. Edgar

Edgar Member

Italia - Romania will be played in Siena, February 7th.

13. SirManchester

SirManchester Member+

Apr 14, 2004
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    That will be an interesting match up. The Italians are going to take it pretty seriously I believe. Mutu and Chivu have plenty of Seria A experience and should help the team provide a formidable threat to Italy.

14. Edgar

Edgar Member

Lobont (Fiorentina) will sign for Dinamo Bucharest, according to press reports.

15. ToonUSA

ToonUSA New Member

Jan 11, 2005
    http://www.uefa.com/competitions/uefacup/news/kind=1/newsid=496951.html

3 1/2 year contract. It's reported he is taking a pay cut as he moves back to Romania. He has recently lost his national team spot and will most likely be looking to get that back as well.

16. ToonUSA

ToonUSA New Member

Jan 11, 2005
  17. Edgar

Edgar Member

Romania has first representative in UEFA Executive committee => Hotnews

18. ToonUSA

ToonUSA New Member

Jan 11, 2005
  19. Edgar

Edgar Member

Romania will play a friendly against France in 2008 -> link (in Romanian)

20. ToonUSA

ToonUSA New Member

Jan 11, 2005
    http://www.uefa.com/footballeurope/news/kind=2/newsid=502576.html

21. SirManchester

SirManchester Member+

Apr 14, 2004
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    This is great news in my opinion. It will finally encourage youth development. Sure, having more foreigners come here and play hasn't exactly hurt the league but it hasn't dramatically altered it for the better either. Focusing on Romanina youth will subsequently make for more competitive league play and will also hopefully benefit the National Team more.

So many foreigners are now going into Romania anyway, they will just breed generations of Romanian citizens within their own families.

22. ToonUSA

ToonUSA New Member

Jan 11, 2005
    Agree, there are a few Romanians coming up right now that are close to signing with Liga I clubs. I think this will see the more mid table teams start to really push Steaua, Rapid, and Dinamo for the top spots. Sure, they can't compete financially but with the young talent they will always be in the running.