Official National Team Thread: 2016 Edition

Discussion in 'El Salvador' started by slaminsams, Dec 30, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. BKR inC

BKR inC Member+

Feb 9, 2007
    Australia
    [​IMG]

“Kids, there’s three ways to do things: the right way, the wrong way, and the FESFUT way!” – Jorge Rajo
    “Isn’t that the wrong way?” – El Salvador public
    “Yeah, but faster!” – Jorge Rajo

2. Blue_nation724

Blue_nation724 Member+

Mar 16, 2013
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Nat'l Team:
    El Salvador
    To try and make it look official but then they realized they dgaf about our soccer so they do whatever they want

3. kromekote

kromekote Member+

May 22, 2012
    Club:
    America de Cali
    Lara had a great run with our youth divisions and under some type of 'organized chaos', he was chosen by our federation to finish out the unsuccessful WCQ campaign for 2010. He was then given the task to manage our squad for the U20s World Cup hosted in Colombia. He's a very good surveyor of youth talent and spreads his scouting to all regions of the country (which not everyone does).

He values discipline A LOT and has no problem sitting/omitting your top player, especially if 'behavior' issues arise. Lara leans toward the 'athletic' type of player (speed and strength > "natural gifted skill") and plays a very organized 4-4-2, putting a lot of emphasis on his defensive MFs for support.

Bottomline is he's a VERY conservative tactician. His tactics didnt serve the Colombian senior team much as we had a deep talent pool and he underestimated several marquee players at the moment of his team line-ups. The bot at hand was too big for him.

But at the youth levels, his type of conservative structure helps tremendously as it allows for a young team to get settled on the pitch and look for the right opportunities to attack---they serve a united purpose and focus on attainable goals as a team, rather than having a bunch of 'egos' run amok.

I don't know enough about your NT but if you were looking for someone to bring structure and 'process' to your overall game, than I feel he could be a fine choice. Whether some of his latest bids have been unsuccessful or not, he's a DT with a lot more experience than what you could have likely hired and afforded? He's a National Team selector rather than a club coach with tunnel vision. Truth is, this is also a manageable expectation as there's only room to improve. Unlike the pressure he would have to face at home managing players that play most of their ball internationally. I wish him the best and hopefully you guys can benefit . Does your fed require him to live in ES?

halfnhalf89, Willsant87, mczh and 5 others repped this.
  4. Blue_nation724

Blue_nation724 Member+

Mar 16, 2013
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Nat'l Team:
    El Salvador
    It does seem like his success comes mostly from his time in the youth teams of Colombia.

Him and his team stay in ES. The only time they seem to leave is for scouting in the states

5. kromekote

kromekote Member+

May 22, 2012
    Club:
    America de Cali
    Good, that's a great thing. The guy is a hard worker. Nothing worse than someone coming in from the outside to just 'hang out' and take a pay check. And while he's surely not an exciting tactician, for ES, given time he may be key in helping the NT get from point A to point B.... baby steps as some say.

Playing world cups and Conmebol tournaments, even at U20, brings with it lots of solid competition and experience. Mind you he had a 'great product' with that U20 - 2005 Colombian squad (many players became a large part of the senior NT that played the most recent world cup).

At the very least, his connections with his 'compatriotas' who have worked in Central America professionally (Rueda, Pinto, Gomez, etc)., will help him add to his decisions on how to approach this job. He can also offer a link and open up some opportunities that hadn't existed before his arrival : friendlies in south america, trials with established professional Colombian clubs, etc., that can likely provide a better environment for some aspiring talent.
    Only thing he'll need is some time and support from your Fed.

I can't imagine that the Copa Centroamericana will be the right proving ground as it's literally a month away. But it should be enough to see some type of contribution and show how he can leverage his strongest players. Looking at your Wikepedia page it's obvious that he has a very young roster, which again can play to his coaching strengths as half of his job will be improving the mental fortitude of some of these young players and making sure they respect their rivals without bowing to them.

William Flores repped this.
  6. slaminsams

slaminsams Member+

Mar 22, 2010
    Time and support from our fed is unfortunately unlikely

7. Blue_nation724

Blue_nation724 Member+

Mar 16, 2013
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Nat'l Team:
    El Salvador
    I hope he can have success with our NT, and just point us in the right direction. TBH though, I dont want him to be our coach past the gold cup. I want him with our youth program. I really like the way he works with the youth, and someone like him could help steer our young players to the right mentality, and not have them waste themselves like the 2013 U20 WC squad has sadly done.

Hoping that he can also use his connections for the better of ES.

8. Blue_nation724

Blue_nation724 Member+

Mar 16, 2013
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Nat'l Team:
    El Salvador
    El Listado de jugadores segun su posicion para el primer mitrociclo.
    Porteros:
    Benji Villalobos (CD Aguila)
    Henry Hernandez (CD Dragon)
    Mario Martinez ( L. A. Firpo)
    Defensas:
    Henry Romero (CD Aguila)
    Ibsen Castro (CD Aguila)
    Alexander Mendoza (CD FAS)
    Xavier Garcia (CD FAS)
    Milton Molina (Isidro Metapan)
    Volantes:
    Marvin Monterrosa (Isidro Metapan)
    Andres Flores (Legionario)
    Delanteros: Jose Pena (Isidro Metapan)
    Irvin Herrera (Legionario)

quick input from myself
    POSITIVES: glad Benji is called. Personally feel hes been the best/most consistent GK the last year. Also, he called Pena and Martinez (the u20 GK). Good moves thinking about the future.
    Negatives: Alvaro Lizama deserved a callup, but hes still suspended (LOL at FESFUT). Also, Xavi was called. For what? Hes proven time and again that he should be no where near the NT! Ceren deserves a shot as well, and some other MF in the league.
    Looks like he's going to base a lot of his squad on the 2 finalist. With benji coming back, i also expect Zelaya to return as well...

9. Grimmjow316

Grimmjow316 Member+

Jun 20, 2012
    Houston, TX
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Nat'l Team:
    El Salvador
    He's just waiting for the final to be over so he can call in the Tecla and Alianza players. I think he called in Xavi since it is pretty bare in the back.

10. HugoPerezUSA

HugoPerezUSA Red Card

Dec 14, 2016
    Salvi journalist here, keeping up with the news.

11. halfnhalf89

halfnhalf89 Member+

Aug 19, 2008
    That does not sound good to me. El Salvador lacks athletic players, they also lack players with a strong defensive discipline and mentality. He would be better served working in the youth setup rather than with the senior team.

Does he at least favor possession over long balls? If his style of play does not revolve around having the ball on the ground at least 90% of the time then he's going to struggle with the national team.

12. Blue_nation724

Blue_nation724 Member+

Mar 16, 2013
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Nat'l Team:
    El Salvador
    I comepletely forgot Ceren wasnt in Metapan anymore lol

So, Milton Molina and Monterrosa asked to be excused from the NT as they dont feel comfortable with what has happened in the past with the feds. Thoughts?

13. Grimmjow316

Grimmjow316 Member+

Jun 20, 2012
    Houston, TX
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Nat'l Team:
    El Salvador
    Willsant87 and Blue_nation724 repped this.
  14. slaminsams

slaminsams Member+

Mar 22, 2010
    I am not sure how Andres Flores was listed as part of Chivas USA in an official call up. Even the administrators are incompetent

15. La Trucha

La Trucha Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 16, 2009
    42 Wallaby Way, Sydney
    Club:
    Melbourne Victory
    Nat'l Team:
    Australia
    It says he's listed as a part of "Cosmos USA"?

16. slaminsams

slaminsams Member+

Mar 22, 2010
    Whoops my mind is playing tricks on me

17. WhyMe

WhyMe Member

Nov 7, 2015
    NYC
    Whos showing the tournament in the US

18. Blue_nation724

Blue_nation724 Member+

Mar 16, 2013
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Nat'l Team:
    El Salvador
    For UNCAF? probably centro america tv

19. La Trucha

La Trucha Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 16, 2009
    42 Wallaby Way, Sydney
    Club:
    Melbourne Victory
    Nat'l Team:
    Australia
    Soooo what do you guys think of the list? I'm especially surprised Zelaya finally got called up and no one has said a thing yet.

20. HugoPerezUSA

HugoPerezUSA Red Card

Dec 14, 2016
    Fito and Benji should have been banned for life like the rest.

I have mixed feelings about La Selecta, won't buy it anymore until Rajo is out.

21. William Flores

United States
    Apr 17, 2013
    Garland, Texas
    Club:
    FC Dallas
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  22. Blue_nation724

Blue_nation724 Member+

Mar 16, 2013
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Nat'l Team:
    El Salvador
    Does Zelaya deserve to be on this NT in terms of footballing abilities? No. Simply because he did NOT produce. Talent has always been there, but he scored 4(?) goals this season. Diaz scored 10, the most for an ES player. As for the match ban, idk if you still wanna consider that. He didn't take money, but he went to TWO meetings. This is a topic that's been discussed a ridiculous amount. Hopefully, we see a 2011 NT Zelaya is all i can say.
    I personally don't like the callups of Henry Hernandez, Renderos, Menjivar were called up. Don't feel Renderos did that great in Iraq. Irviing 50/50, as he played USL, though hopefully that can be changed to a bigger team.
    Where's Pineda? Deserves to be here.

---Bonilla---
    Alas-Sosa-Ceren
    -Ceren--Mayen-
    Larin-Dominguez-Romero- Tamacas/Castro
    --Benji--

My starting XI, though i just couldn't decide between Tamacas and Castro

23. La Trucha

La Trucha Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 16, 2009
    42 Wallaby Way, Sydney
    Club:
    Melbourne Victory
    Nat'l Team:
    Australia
    What's taking him so long to become a Salvadoran citizen?

24. Blue_nation724

Blue_nation724 Member+

Mar 16, 2013
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Nat'l Team:
    El Salvador
    David Diaz is a Salavadoran born player. He is now back at Alianza, im not sure if he was loaned or sold to UES, but that's where he played this season

25. La Trucha

La Trucha Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 16, 2009
    42 Wallaby Way, Sydney
    Club:
    Melbourne Victory
    Nat'l Team:
    Australia
    I thought you were referring to Bladimir Diaz from Chalatenango.