Official National Team Thread: 2016 Edition

Discussion in 'El Salvador' started by slaminsams, Dec 30, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. halfnhalf89

halfnhalf89 Member+

Aug 19, 2008
    How much could Nicaragua be paying him? I think coaching ES would be considered a step up for him. I watched both of Nicaragua's matches against Jamaica in WCQ and his style of play is perfect for this team.

2. Grimmjow316

Grimmjow316 Member+

Jun 20, 2012
    Houston, TX
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Nat'l Team:
    El Salvador
    Makes you wonder how much of it has simply vanished with little to no explanation these last roughly eight years.

3. Catracho_Azul

Catracho_Azul Member+

Jun 16, 2008
    New Orleans
    Club:
    Corinthians Sao Paulo
    Nat'l Team:
    Honduras
    I mean is it? One has to imagine that him being at Nicaragua that he get's full autonomy over the team and has to put with little to no sh1t from the federation.

4. halfnhalf89

halfnhalf89 Member+

Aug 19, 2008
    Well at least with El Salvador you're guaranteed of playing in the Gold Cup and having a stronger possibility of making the hex

5. Grimmjow316

Grimmjow316 Member+

Jun 20, 2012
    Houston, TX
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Nat'l Team:
    El Salvador
    With the way the team has played after Roca left I doubt if they could even get out of the second round.

6. halfnhalf89

halfnhalf89 Member+

Aug 19, 2008
    That's because we had Maradiaga as coach lol No other explanation needed

7. Blue_nation724

Blue_nation724 Member+

Mar 16, 2013
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Nat'l Team:
    El Salvador
    I say give Perez the job. He's Salvadoran, he has already coached us and won the two games (with no time to prepare). He has a plan, so he says, though i believe him since he always does that sort of thing. He would probably be around the same price range as everybody else in the rumor mill. It cant get worse with Hugo at the helm

William Flores and Willsant87 repped this.
  8. Blue_nation724

Blue_nation724 Member+

Mar 16, 2013
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Nat'l Team:
    El Salvador
    So the comite has decided that the coach has to be one of the coaches from our league, as "we dont have time." they will say who the new coach is next monday on the 28th.
    Ridiculous. Honestly, we dont have mamy good coaches in our league. Id give Rodriguez (Metapan), Sanchez (Firpo), chochera? (Sonsonate) [im really iffy on him. yes, hes showing some great football with sonsonate, but with the NT he didnt show much.], and maybe, MAYBE, Escudro (FAS). But everyone else seems so bland. Never Ancheta or Burgos. Larossa is way too new, Melendez didnt produce during CCL. Portillo and Ovelar havent impressed and Corti is...idk. Tecla plays great sometimes but then lose some games that just make u scratch your head.

9. halfnhalf89

halfnhalf89 Member+

Aug 19, 2008
    Just give it to Zarco Rodriguez with Perez as his assistant.

Blue_nation724 repped this.
  10. BKR inC

BKR inC Member+

Feb 9, 2007
    Australia
  11. Blue_nation724

Blue_nation724 Member+

Mar 16, 2013
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Nat'l Team:
    El Salvador
  12. La Trucha

La Trucha Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 16, 2009
    42 Wallaby Way, Sydney
    Club:
    Melbourne Victory
    Nat'l Team:
    Australia
    Vladan Vicevic? :p

13. BKR inC

BKR inC Member+

Feb 9, 2007
    Australia
    or Milos Mijanic lol

14. BKR inC

BKR inC Member+

Feb 9, 2007
    Australia
  15. BKR inC

BKR inC Member+

Feb 9, 2007
    Australia
    Willsant87 and Blue_nation724 repped this.
  16. Blue_nation724

Blue_nation724 Member+

Mar 16, 2013
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Nat'l Team:
    El Salvador
    Thats a good 4. Personally, I Would choose one of the Salvadorans

17. Blue_nation724

Blue_nation724 Member+

Mar 16, 2013
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Nat'l Team:
    El Salvador
    The commission has NOT given out the name today kike they said they would (surprise) and has instead said they will give it to FESFUT tomorrow. They said they have 2 people in mind, and will let FESFUT choose.

In the typical disastrous Salvadoran way, FESFUT has said they WILL NOT CHOOSE. It is up ti the commission to choose the coach for ES.

Lol, we have a month and a week before the UNCAF tournament. This is pathetic

Willsant87 and slaminsams repped this.
  18. BKR inC

BKR inC Member+

Feb 9, 2007
    Australia
    FESFUT Headquarters

Unnamed candidate: Wait, so who gets to be El salvador manager?

Fesfut Chairman Jorge Rajo: Oh right that. Well I've been monitoring your progress closely, but this gentleman here clearly stands above the rest

Insert name: Who me?

Rajo: Sure, why not
    [​IMG]

19. Blue_nation724

Blue_nation724 Member+

Mar 16, 2013
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Nat'l Team:
    El Salvador
    So, rumors are that Lara was gonna be given the reigns of ES because 'anyone who does welll with our youth should be promoted.' (quoted from El Grafico on twitter).

So, 2 weeks after they said the coach would be announced, they havent announced anything. The copa uncaf has also been changed to a everyone-plays-everyone tournament. Now they wanna give Lara the job because...

I like Lara, he did well with the u20s, and while not directly in charge of the u17s, weve qualified to both WCQ with him in charge of our youth program. But thats where he should stay. The youth program. We have more than enough coaches who are capable of doing the job. Also, this is FESFUT just not wanting to waste any more money, since Lara is already on the payroll.

The tournament starts Jan 13, with ES playing CR, La H, Belize, Panama, And Nica in that order. No coach, no callups, nothing. While 4 auto spots are in, and 5th plays the winner of the 3 team round robin betweeen Haiti-TT-and Suriname in the Carribean Cup, were looking like shit. Were taking STRIDES backwards. Sad.

William Flores, slaminsams and SamKnight repped this.
  20. Blue_nation724

Blue_nation724 Member+

Mar 16, 2013
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Nat'l Team:
    El Salvador
    Atención #ElSalvador...dentro de horas se anuncia al nuevo DT de la Selección Mayor. Es un hombre trabajador, serio y con experiencia. (Pablo Mariño on twitter) hes one of the guys for Bein sports.

11 Am is when the coach will supposedly be announced. Rumors are Lara, Zarco, and Chochera. Lets see what comes out of it

21. Blue_nation724

Blue_nation724 Member+

Mar 16, 2013
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Nat'l Team:
    El Salvador
    #ÚltimaHora: Eduardo Lara es el nuevo Director Técnico de @LaSelecta_SLV, anunció la @fesfut_sv https://t.co/iJU3m07KfN

There we go. Dont like it, but it will do. Lets see if they get the ball moving with callups and such now

22. R9Kevinr9

R9Kevinr9 Member+

Feb 2, 2007
    ATX
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    El Salvador
    Don't think the guy has done much to warrant a NT managerial position. Having said we don't attract great talent anyways lol.

23. Grimmjow316

Grimmjow316 Member+

Jun 20, 2012
    Houston, TX
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Nat'l Team:
    El Salvador
    My gripe is that this was a "Down the hall" type hire, I honestly believe that the reason they took a while to make it official was mainly due to the financial side of things. If I remember correctly an outside group was handling his salary so I take it the Feds were probably trying to work out a compromise so that they can take a heavy part of the percentage IMO.

My fear is what if the NT doesn't produce results do you just bump him back down to the youth programs? Also is he handling all age groups that's not something I would like for him to take care of his own. I have liked his work so far I just hope that he can handle it and also hope that the Feds BS doesn't get to him.

This feels like a game of jenga and we might know quickly if they made the right move or not.

24. Blue_nation724

Blue_nation724 Member+

Mar 16, 2013
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Nat'l Team:
    El Salvador
    Thats what i believe as well. Lara was in the books, and they wanna avoid losing money as much as possible.

Now i think he is rumored to have only until the gold cup, but still. He still has to coach the u20 qualifiers, and Prado who is his assistant still has the u17. Its gonna be hard af, but hopefully we can take the first step and qualify to the gold cup automatically.

"Chochera" estuvo a punto de firmar, "Zarco" fue el elegido por la comisión y la Fesfut nombró a Lara como seleccionador. Un circo. (From Guillermo Estrada's twitter).

25. Grimmjow316

Grimmjow316 Member+

Jun 20, 2012
    Houston, TX
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Nat'l Team:
    El Salvador
    So what was the ********ing point of having a committee if you were going to overrule them anyways.