Official Koreans Abroad Thread Part X [R]

Discussion in 'Korean Players Abroad' started by 12th Warrior, Aug 23, 2013.

1. nmssis

nmssis Member+

May 21, 2011
    Club:
    Tottenham Hotspur FC
    rather JDW as the third striker/winger option than KSW

Angel Bear repped this.
  2. skimmilk

skimmilk Member+

Apr 22, 2010
    Texas, USA
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    Angel Bear repped this.
  3. killaorca

killaorca Member+

AFC Ajax
    May 11, 2010
    Pacific Ocean
    Club:
    RSC Anderlecht
    Yeah I doubt they'll be selected.

4. aeh1991

aeh1991 Member+

Dec 16, 2015
    Club:
    FC Augsburg
    I don't think it's a good idea to test out a second Bundesliga defender without any first class or NT experience, with just 3 months left before the WC. Besides that, he has only played 4 games as a RB. He needs much more time.
    But if he continues to do well, he should get a chance after the WC.

5. nmssis

nmssis Member+

May 21, 2011
    Club:
    Tottenham Hotspur FC
    true but for what it's worth, let's toss him in there to see if he'll sink or swim...enough with soft treatment

6. skimmilk

skimmilk Member+

Apr 22, 2010
    Texas, USA
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    Angel Bear and killaorca repped this.
  7. skimmilk

skimmilk Member+

Apr 22, 2010
    Texas, USA
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    Angel Bear repped this.
  8. killaorca

killaorca Member+

AFC Ajax
    May 11, 2010
    Pacific Ocean
    Club:
    RSC Anderlecht
    971726691797217281 is not a valid tweet id

Paik (Peralada- Girona B) and Mujica (Cornella) are present in the XI of the last round of their group in 2B.

He only played 70 mins though...

Angel Bear, chook90 and aeh1991 repped this.
  9. ChaDuRi671

ChaDuRi671 Member+

Dec 30, 2010
    Club:
    FC Seoul
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    Apparently, Kim Jin-hyeon was racially abused today during the match between Kashiwa Reysol and Cerezo Osaka. It got to a point where he stopped playing and complained to the referee. The referee had to get Kashiwa's captain, Otani, to tell the fans to knock it off. :cautious:

972384605356478465 is not a valid tweet id

It's laughable how a club with 3 Koreans (Yun Suk-young, Kim Bo-kyung, and Park Jeong-soo) can still have so many racist fans.

972382092112703488 is not a valid tweet id

melonbarmonster repped this.
  10. 10August2012

10August2012 Member+

Oct 28, 2012
    Melbourne
    Club:
    Sunnanå SK Skellefteå
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    whatd they say?

11. aeh1991

aeh1991 Member+

Dec 16, 2015
    Club:
    FC Augsburg
    Both Ji Dong Won at Darmstadt and Park Yi Young at St. Pauli started in their matches.

chook90 and killaorca repped this.
  12. wetcrispy

wetcrispy Moderator
    Staff Member

Jul 5, 2007
    hollywoo
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    1. it's not racism, it's people being assholes. koreans and japanese are the same race.

2. idk what was said but if another asian is giving you the small eyes gesture, do you really have to take it with any seriousness. laugh that shit off. they may get reprimanded but you're only gonna get shit on more by complaining about something like that. these are life lessons that should've been learned in kindergarten

Steven511 and toohyper repped this.
  13. toohyper

toohyper Member+

Mar 23, 2004
    MI/NJ/NY
    Club:
    Gwangju FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    I get that it's not pleasant to have that abuse, but I absolutely agree. KJH is a professional, and he should have just ignored it and be tougher about it. It's not like a black player getting racially abused by white fans; it's asians on asians. And KJH has played in Japan for years now. He should be tougher than this sh*t.

14. takeuchi

takeuchi Member+

Jan 20, 2013
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    #3539 takeuchi, Mar 10, 2018
    Last edited: Mar 10, 2018
    it's unclear what was said by the young & obnoxious fans to tick off Kim JH. i watched it few times this morning (passed out during the game last night) & I'm still not sure what caused (most likely offensive/derogatory/racial yelling by Reysol ultras imo) it for Kim JH to point at his eyes. it could be just him telling the ref he knows who they are..

anyways..Otani, captain of Reysol went to Reysol ultras to calm down them down & cut it off.

mm, i disagree. there is a growing anti-korean movement in Japan atm. it isn't a simple asians on asians tbh. Kim JH was right to voice his frustration against Reysol ultras & J League has a tendency of not dealing with racism & racial issues well that upsets me.

15. wetcrispy

wetcrispy Moderator
    Staff Member

Jul 5, 2007
    hollywoo
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    it's not racism. words aren't used for their definitions anymore, are they?

Steven511 and TaegukWarrior repped this.
  16. takeuchi

takeuchi Member+

Jan 20, 2013
    Club:
    Liverpool FC

well, without knowing exactly what caused Kim JH to get ticked off.. difficult to conclude it was racism, hate, offensive taunt or whatever. reading articles of the match atm & Kim JH won't reveal what happened either. doubt J league (as they often don't) will investigate & i don't expect much from self-investigation by Kashiwa either.

in few closed up videos i have watched, Kim JH directly points out one fan/ultra...

17. aeh1991

aeh1991 Member+

Dec 16, 2015
    Club:
    FC Augsburg
    #3542 aeh1991, Mar 15, 2018
    Last edited: Mar 15, 2018
    Seo Young Jae has been training with the first team of HSV, since his manager Christian Titz took over the team a few days ago. Surprisingly, he's one of the two players that remained in the first squad after most of the reserve players (Gouaida, Ferati, Vagnoman, ect) will return to the U21 tomorrow, because they also have a game on Saturday.
    Although I doubt he'll play (as Santos is the other LB), he's never been this near to debut.

edit: HSV has been struggling a lot and is on the relegation place with 7 points away from play-off position. They are going all-in with the talented, but inexperienced manager Titz and are kind of preparing for the 2nd league (which explains the inclusion of so many reserve/youth players). If HSV gets relegated I can imagine that SYJ could become a first team member.

Angel Bear and datschge repped this.
  18. EvilTree

EvilTree Member+

Canadian S.C
    Canada
    Nov 20, 2007
    Frozen Swampland, Soviet Canuckistan
    Club:
    Toronto FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Canada
    Kim Kee Hee came on as first half sub for Seattle away at Chivas on CONCACAF Champions League 2nd leg as a CB. (Seattle lost 3-1 on aggregate) Rough outing for him as he got abused a bit by faster Chivas strikers. Communication problems and lack of match fitness also hurt him. He will probably get more mins near future as Seattle CB injury problems keep piling up, either as a DM or CB.

chook90 repped this.
  19. aeh1991

aeh1991 Member+

Dec 16, 2015
    Club:
    FC Augsburg
    But it should be expected that he'll don't get into the final match day squad.

20. aeh1991

aeh1991 Member+

Dec 16, 2015
    Club:
    FC Augsburg
    #3545 aeh1991, Mar 16, 2018
    Last edited: Mar 16, 2018
    Interestingly, Titz used Seo as a LB and D.Santos as a RB during the training session yesterday. Bild.de speculates that he might debut against Hertha Berlin.

21. aeh1991

aeh1991 Member+

Dec 16, 2015
    Club:
    FC Augsburg
    Angel Bear, chook90, jessypjs and 2 others repped this.
  22. killaorca

killaorca Member+

AFC Ajax
    May 11, 2010
    Pacific Ocean
    Club:
    RSC Anderlecht
    Kim Jungmin started but only played 45 mins...

Angel Bear repped this.
  23. skimmilk

skimmilk Member+

Apr 22, 2010
    Texas, USA
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    Must be very exciting for SYJ after such a long layoff due to knee injury and uncertainty as to his European career in January during his comeback.

Angel Bear and killaorca repped this.
  24. aeh1991

aeh1991 Member+

Dec 16, 2015
    Club:
    FC Augsburg
    I think he wouldn't have gotten a chance if it wasn't the manager who knows him well from the U21. So he must take this once-in-a-life-time-opportunity. I hope he can help the team..

Angel Bear and nmssis repped this.
  25. nmssis

nmssis Member+

May 21, 2011
    Club:
    Tottenham Hotspur FC
    he will get an assist :cool: