Official I Hate Cincinnati FC Thread

Discussion in 'Columbus Crew' started by jack sticker, Jan 3, 2019.

1. Flyer Fan

Flyer Fan Member+

Apr 18, 1999
    Columbus, OH
    The Montgomery Inn in Dublin failed.

2. Flyer Fan

Flyer Fan Member+

Apr 18, 1999
    Columbus, OH
    I'm pretty sure I wrote about this in the original Crew mega-thread, but for me LaRosa's conjures memories of trips to Riverfront Stadium and Kings Island. When I saw LaRosa's was opening a location in Dublin, I was excited. My wife and I went a couple months after it opened. I was no longer excited. I was disappointed and sad...the memory tasted way better than the pizza. Boo! I say, boo! to that pizza.

CelticCrew and TheRealBilbo repped this.
  3. Hamburgler03

Hamburgler03 BigSoccer Supporter

Aug 31, 2000
    Columbus, OH
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Group of made the mistake of going there years ago on New Year's Eve and honestly was a bottom ten meal I've ever had.

jack sticker repped this.
  4. KCbus

KCbus Moderator
    Staff Member

United States
    Nov 26, 2000
    Reynoldsburg, OH
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    So, an Orlando City fan?

zman31, Alneri and Draghignazzo repped this.
  5. American Brummie

Jun 19, 2009
    There Be Dragons Here
    Club:
    Birmingham City FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I'll never be able to hate a team or a city that maintains a bridge threatening to snap at any moment. The people who drive over that thing every day should not be hated. They should be feared.

6. jack sticker

jack sticker Red Card

Rangers
    United States
    Jun 5, 2018
    That is just because they are stupid.

7. juanjulio33

juanjulio33 New Member

FC CINCINNATI
    Mar 10, 2014
    cincinnati
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    cincy guy but i come in peace. first off i hate almost all the places you guys hate.
    Larosas pizza sucks, Montgomery Inn is for old people/out of towners, dont eat ice cream so have no opinion on Graeters, Brent Spence is the worst, i aviod it at all cost and highly recommend you all do the same.

Draghignazzo and Flyer Fan repped this.
  8. stanger

stanger BigSoccer Supporter

Nov 29, 2008
    Columbus
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Are you a fan of $5 student tickets so you can talk attendance smack?

Draghignazzo and Timon19 repped this.
  9. juanjulio33

juanjulio33 New Member

FC CINCINNATI
    Mar 10, 2014
    cincinnati
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    the $5 student ticket thing is a mystery to me. the attendance smack talk bores me. im just glad the crew is saved, cincinnati now has it own team so guys like me dont have to root for a city they have no interest in, and ill never have to wear black and yellow again. i loved the crew from day one but was always bitter that
    cincy lost out to columbus and that i had to root for a team whose colors were black and yellow

10. jack sticker

jack sticker Red Card

Rangers
    United States
    Jun 5, 2018
    So you are a turn coat. Being a supporter is a life long commitment. But it's not your fault. After all you live in a nasty radio active dump site. And you have to worry about all the mutants from Kentucky who are bitter about not being extras for The Hills Have Eyes.

11. juanjulio33

juanjulio33 New Member

FC CINCINNATI
    Mar 10, 2014
    cincinnati
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    alrighty tiger. i love all the supporter talk. a true supporter supports their home town team. guess what cincy didn't have a home town MLS team in '96. I loved MLS before the first season so obviously the best way for me to support and feel a connection was to chose Ohio's team. all the while I supported whatever half ass attempt at minor league soccer cincinnati could throw together. now cincy does have an mls team so i can do the proper supporter thing and root for FCC.

Draghignazzo and Alneri repped this.
  12. juanjulio33

juanjulio33 New Member

FC CINCINNATI
    Mar 10, 2014
    cincinnati
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Dudes, wasn't trying to instigate just bored at worked and super excited for the season. My definition of being a true supporter is always supporting your local team. Cincy didn't have an MLS team to support in '96 so the proper thing to do was support ohio's team. At the same time i stayed to true to my ideals and also supported whatever half ass attempt at minor league soccer cincy could throw together. HELL IS REAL and good luck in the future

Robbiegoal, Tobias C and TKyle repped this.
  13. puttputtfc

puttputtfc Member+

Sep 7, 1999
    Go to Arlin's and tell everyone I said hello.

Alneri repped this.
  14. chr1st

chr1st Member+

Jan 19, 2011
    Dayton
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Oh, pay no mind to the zealots. We all cheer for our own teams in our own ways. You have no need to apologize for supporting your hometown team.

I totally get it. I personally have more affinity for Cincy than Columbus, so I understand the appeal. So, go on with your bad self. And don't let the riffraff scare you off. We're all best enemies friends here.

Just remember, on August 10 and 25, HELL IS REAL, asshole! And maybe during the Open Cup... and in the playoffs... and during the preseason...

SO YEAH!

Tobias C and Draghignazzo repped this.
  15. TKyle

TKyle Moderator
    Staff Member

Columbus Crew
    United States
    Dec 28, 2014
    Nordecke’s Porch
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    #65 TKyle, Jan 10, 2019
    Last edited: Jan 10, 2019
    I've listened to Marty and the Cowboy for a long time (and Joe before him, RIP). With decades of being a broadcaster, and many uears as a major league pitcher-turned-broadcaster, I am curious how you've drawn the conclusion that they hate baseball.

I do think there is something about both of their "'vibes." While I like Marty (when he is actually broadcasting and not on one of his many "vacations" during a 7-month season :rolleyes:), and Jeff is one of the most insightful broadcasters I've heard, they both do seem to have an undertone of negativity. They are quick to point out when the mgr or a player has made an "error" (not just literally) in a pitch choice or swinging at a pitch, etc. I know a couple of other people that have noticed this as well. Not sure where it comes from--years of less-than-mediocrity? The cynicism of age?

The Ol' Lefthander was a self-admitted, unabashed homer. It's like these two, especially Marty, go out of their way to be critical. I find it annoying; I believe "home anouncers" should be slightly on the "cheerleading" side of objective.

As for not putting stock in their endorsements--yeah. they're just paid shills. They'd endorse polished gorilla turds if it paid enough.

16. puttputtfc

puttputtfc Member+

Sep 7, 1999
    [​IMG]

Hatable Cincinnati things.

TKyle and Timon19 repped this.
  17. chr1st

chr1st Member+

Jan 19, 2011
    Dayton
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Now you've gone too far.

Draghignazzo repped this.
  18. puttputtfc

puttputtfc Member+

Sep 7, 1999
    Is Penny turning you to the dark side?

19. Timon19

Timon19 Member+

Jun 2, 2007
    Akron, OH
    Waxcream...duh.

20. chr1st

chr1st Member+

Jan 19, 2011
    Dayton
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    My little sweet pea? Never.

G and B, on the other hand...

21. Timon19

Timon19 Member+

Jun 2, 2007
    Akron, OH
    Sirk needs to re-post his "bigamist" article(s) from when Cleveland was going to be in.

22. TKyle

TKyle Moderator
    Staff Member

Columbus Crew
    United States
    Dec 28, 2014
    Nordecke’s Porch
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I lived in Dayton from '99-'01. I recall there were quite a few Crew fans in the area at the time.
    This jumping on the FC Food Lion bandwagon angers me as well. Weren't those folks Crew fans back in the day?? Or, if not, why did they not follow the ML$ team that has been 1 hour away since 1996?? (Yes, I know; we talked about travel times in The Thread Pt II.) You can blame Fat Tony all you want for the last 4 years for sabotaging things, but that doesn't explain the previous 18 years.
    Those fans had their chance. They're anchoring themselves to the bright, shiny new toy which thinks they can superdraft their way to being a contender. We'll just enjoy what Bez and Coach 'K can do to ensure we trounce them regularly.

23. Timon19

Timon19 Member+

Jun 2, 2007
    Akron, OH
    Sirk really needs to repost the "bigamist" stuff.

Though FC Food Lion is outstanding. Gold Star for you! (I will leave that ambiguous)

24. TKyle

TKyle Moderator
    Staff Member

Columbus Crew
    United States
    Dec 28, 2014
    Nordecke’s Porch
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Jack with a good zzzzzzzzzzzzzing!

25. TKyle

TKyle Moderator
    Staff Member

Columbus Crew
    United States
    Dec 28, 2014
    Nordecke’s Porch
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I think that was KHT, in another thread.
    Skyline>Gold Star? dunno

Nacional Tijuana and Draghignazzo repped this.