Official Eat Crow Big Bradley Haters Thread

Discussion in 'USA Men' started by banbaseball, Jun 24, 2009.

1. banbaseball

banbaseball Member

Oct 10, 2000
    East of the Bay
    At the risk of starting a total flame war, I'll be the first to eat a piece. I still don't know why Casey is wearing a U.S. uniform but I can't bother to come up with an excuse cuz my mouth is full right now. :)

2. Brownje83

Brownje83 Member

Jan 24, 2001
    An opium den in O.C.
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Mods, please keep this thread up!

Eat crow Bradley-haters...and enjoy it!

3. sc123

sc123 Member

Feb 15, 2007
    *Eats his Crow with Milk*

4. VioletCrown

VioletCrown Member+

FC Dallas
    United States
    Aug 30, 2000
    Austin, Texas
    Club:
    Austin Aztex
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I'm waiting around to see a post from that guy that said he'd marry Bob Bradley if we won.

5. Soccergodlss

Soccergodlss Member+

Jun 21, 2004
    Houston
    Club:
    FC Kaiserslautern
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I was starting to have some doubts after the Brazil game, but the Italy game meant nothing to me. That Egypt game was probably the deciding factor for me and I'm glad it has worked out well. Great job by Bob for his efforts today against the opponent with the best international winning streak ever.

6. bshredder

bshredder BigSoccer Supporter

Feb 23, 1999
    Club:
    Millwall FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I'll eat a little crow

I think Bradley has gotten his teams to start off well in 3 out of the last 4 games. His starting 11 has been right against Egypt, Italy, and Spain. That's a big plus

But I do think he waits to long to sub.

But hey.. results to speak for themselves.

7. O'Dubhghaill Rules!

May 21, 2001
    Boston, MA
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    I have no problem eating crow. I'm glad Bradley finally gave someone for Jozy to work with up top, pushed Donovan to the outside where he's always done well instead of having him as a withdrawn forward, and ditched Beasley (hopefully for good). I think these last two games are a combination of tactics that let our players play, and the players showing up. He seems to have adjusted to what a lot of people around here consider to be questionable decisions, at least over these last two games.

8. MrHobbles

MrHobbles Member

Jul 14, 2008
    Linden and San Jose
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Yeah, I guess I'll eat some crow too. Sigh. Congrats to BB for not putting out a lineup hampered by players playing positions they are unfamiliar with or so completely out of form they aren't sure what sport they're playing.

Anyways, I guess I'll fall back on the few things I still don't like BB for. His subs and the way he uses them. Yes, Feilhaber in and pushing Dempsey up top has been successful, but that's about it. Two subs, Casey, Kljestan, Beasley, etc.

Anyways, time to chow down on some more crow.

9. dwsmith1972

dwsmith1972 BigSoccer Supporter

May 11, 2007
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I'll eat some. Bradley lost me sometime last year and I won't belabor that point. But the reality is, he deserves some measure of credit for this. I don't think one can deny that. So with that, I will eat some.

10. 2-0 Baby

2-0 Baby New Member

Jun 9, 2004
    CO
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    For what it's worth, I removed myself from the Facebook group. Crow eaten and boy does it taste good. That being said, I'm glad Bob and the team felt the pressure. I have no doubt it pushed them to improve. Well done, boys...and well done fans for holding Bob and the team accountable.

11. alffy

alffy Member

Sep 9, 2001
    Seattle-ish
    Glad to have found the "Official" thread for this... can't be caught eating crow in the "Unofficial" thread.

That would just be foolish.

12. mette72

mette72 Member

Sep 29, 2000
    Free America
    Eating crow....:)

It appears, over the last two games at least, that Bob Bradley has learned from past mistakes. It also appears that some players have stepped up and shown some heart. I think the two are connected. I truly hope it continues.

We just beat Spain 2-0! Giddy up! Nice to beat someone 2-0 besides Mexico.....:p

13. Reccossu

Reccossu Member+

Jan 31, 2005
    Birmingham
    Yummy!

Still don't think he's the right guy for the job, but he did well today, no question.

14. SignGuyDino

SignGuyDino New Member

Aug 6, 2003
    Fletcher, NC
    I won't eat anything Yankee...

But IF we somehow win Sunday Bradley for U.S. Soccer Hall of Fame IMMEDIATELY!

15. Prime Time

Prime Time Member

May 1, 2004
    South Florida
    This is good to see. Sticky this thread. :)

16. polska26

polska26 Member

Feb 20, 2008
    I will not eat crow i still hate this guy i want him out. This last 2 results are awful just for the reason this idiot will be our coach next year

17. ML-less

ML-less New Member

Feb 1, 2009
    Club:
    FC Schalke 04
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    He's not the best, he's not the worst, he's our manager for 2010.

Please Solidarity!!!

Let's get aloung because as USMNT fans, there really is very very few of us!!
    I dont think there was a soul at the game, maybe that one girl at the end that was SAms Army

18. TX Bill

TX Bill Member+

Apr 3, 2006
    Sugar Land TX
    Club:
    Everton FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Too bad for the haters.

He just solidified his hold on the top job through WC 2010.

Not that the USSF would have done anything before then but if they were thinking about it, they aren't anymore.

Well done Bob and the squad.

19. THOMA GOL

THOMA GOL BigSoccer Supporter

Jul 16, 1999
    Frontier
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I never hated the guy, I simply refer to him as
    [​IMG]

Or maybe it's
    [​IMG]

20. Palermo10

Palermo10 Member

Apr 7, 2005
    San Diego
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Theres too many idiots out there who think they know everything. Bradley is one of the best coaches we've ever had, win or lose, they showed today that it comes down to our lads stepping up.

Too many haters in this world, as if they have nothing better to do. Get back off the bandwagon!!!!

21. Highbury

Highbury Member

May 13, 2006
    Philadelphia
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I think we've found our best formation...can't agree with his subs but my goodness I'll eat nothing but crow tonight!!!!!!

22. Hamburgler03

Hamburgler03 BigSoccer Supporter

Aug 31, 2000
    Columbus, OH
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    tastes just like chicken.

23. japh

japh New Member

Mar 2, 2007
    Salt Lake City
    Club:
    Real Salt Lake
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Tastes Great! The team and the coach seem to have come through just at the point when I least expected it . . . thank you for giving us all a bit of hope for the remainder of qualifying. And would somebody tell Lalas and the rest of ESPN to stop talking about the World Cup and keep the focus on the qualifying games still ahead of us . . .

While eating crow in the name of Bradley I would also like to take a bite or two in honor of Donovan (who I have from time to time been unhappy with) he seems to be stepping up as both a player and leader this tournament and I can't help but think it would be great to seem him continue attacking with ever increasing confidence . . .

GO USA! USA! USA!

24. juniorLA

juniorLA Member

Mar 4, 2008
    El Lay
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    i'll take a few bites of crow. happy to be able to.

not fully convinced yet, but i can't argue with this win, the formation or the way the guys played. well done!:)

25. Tonkdaddy14

Tonkdaddy14 Moderator
    Staff Member

Feb 20, 2008
    Lincoln, Nebraska
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I won't blame anybody who called for his firing after he started Kljestan and Beasley against Brazil. It's good to see he learned from his mistakes!