Official Chinese Abroad 2006-2007 Part III [R]

Discussion in 'China' started by nutella, Dec 11, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Paganitzu

Paganitzu Member+

Aug 16, 2006
    San Diego
    Club:
    PSV Eindhoven
    He's doing OK... Only 45 minutes away from the last 8. But it will be very very hard last 45 minutes...

2. chengb02

chengb02 Member

Oct 14, 2002
    come on you gunners!!! Its time to bring on Henry and/or Walcott...PSV's doing well, but their defense seems like it could crack....

3. seb_perpignan

seb_perpignan Member

Jun 5, 2005
    france
    Club:
    Shandong Luneng
    Nat'l Team:
    China PR
    Sun Xiang gonna be in the last 8 !!! and Sun play quiet well but the probleme is just looking never put pressure on the ennemy , he never walk forward for get the ball, he always step back i dunno why but anyway he will find maybe Park Ji-sung on his way next round.

4. chengb02

chengb02 Member

Oct 14, 2002
    He did go forward and ended up getting fouled which led to the PSV goal that won them the game...

Fook!

5. seb_perpignan

seb_perpignan Member

Jun 5, 2005
    france
    Club:
    Shandong Luneng
    Nat'l Team:
    China PR
    i don't mean moving forward with the ball but put pressure be really stick to the guy who have the ball and he need muscle coz vs Batista was very hard time for him lucky he have extra long arm :p

6. xfactor857

xfactor857 Member

Sep 21, 2003
    Why does Arsenal make everyone wear the same?

Well, northerners just can't deal with all things foreign.

7. chengb02

chengb02 Member

Oct 14, 2002
    Its just a team rule, for whatever reason, what the captain wears, everyone must wear. At times when they're wearing long sleeves, you'll see a player with what appears to be short sleeves, but its just the sleeves rolled up.

8. xfactor857

xfactor857 Member

Sep 21, 2003
    [​IMG]...SUN XIANG MATCH UPDATE...[​IMG]

03.07.07 [Champions League Round of 16 Leg 2] - Played full match. 1-1. [Aggregrate: 2-1] W [@Arsenal]
    03.03.07 - Played full match. 2-0. W
    02.28.07 [Dutch Cup Quarterfinals] - Substituted in 71'. 0-3. L
    02.24.07 - Substituted in 61'. 1-0. W
    02.20.07 [Champions League Round of 16 Leg 1] - Substituted in 65'. 1-0. W
    02.17.07 - Substituted out 73'. 2-0. W
    02.11.07 - Did not play. 1-1. D
    02.03.07 - Did not dress. 2-3. L
    01.28.07 - Did not dress. 0-2. L
    01.25.07 [Dutch Cup 4th Round] - Did not dress. 3-2. W
    01.20.07 - Did not dress. 3-1. W

Next match 03.11.07 - PSV are 1st. [CHAMPIONS LEAGUE QUALIFICATION]

9. ruazn2

ruazn2 Member

Jul 25, 2006
    California
    Club:
    Shanghai Shenhua
    Nat'l Team:
    China PR
    With Larsson going back to Sweden next Wed, Saha out for 4 weeks, Solskjaer out till end of the month. Think Dong will get a sub appearance? They still have Rooney, Smith, and Park JS. If any of them is out, there's a good chance?

10. xfactor857

xfactor857 Member

Sep 21, 2003
    [​IMG]...DONG FANGZHUO MATCH UPDATE...[​IMG]

03.07.07 [Champions League Round of 16 Leg 2] - Did not dress. 1-0. [Aggregate: 2-0] W [Lille]
    03.03.07 - Did not dress. 1-0. W
    02.27.07 [FA Cup 5th Round Replay] - Did not dress. 3-2. W
    02.24.07 - Did not dress. 2-1. W
    02.20.07 [Champions League Round of 16 Leg 1] - Did not dress. 1-0. W
    02.17.07 [FA Cup 5th Round] - Did not dress. 1-1. D
    02.10.07 - Did not dress. 2-0. W
    02.04.07 - Did not dress. 4-0. W
    01.31.07 - Did not dress. 4-0. W
    01.27.07 [FA Cup 4th Round] - Did not dress. 2-1. W
    01.21.07 - Did not dress. 1-2. L
    01.13.07 - Did not dress. 3-1. W
    01.07.07 [FA Cup 3rd Round] - Did not dress. 2-1. W
    01.01.07 - Did not dress. 2-2. W

Next match 03.10.07 - MAN UTD are 1st. [CHAMPIONS LEAGUE QUALIFICATION]

11. xfactor857

xfactor857 Member

Sep 21, 2003
    I would think so.

Silvestre and Fletcher are also injured. They usually eat up the bench spots. I would assume Brown, Heinze/Evra, Richardson, Park, O'Shea will fight for four spots. Dong could easily replace Richardson.

12. Suvlaco

Suvlaco Member

Mar 5, 2006
    Adelaide, Australia
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Australia
    Just some interesting news regarding Qu Shengqing. He was in the crowd at the Adelaide United VS Shandong game last night and spoke to a fan saying he would be back at Adelaide United next season! Impossible to determine if this is definite but it certainly sounds good :D

One thing that bugs me... no one here in Xi'an knows who he is! o_o I've got a pic of me with him on my desk and so far no one has known who he is...

13. ruazn2

ruazn2 Member

Jul 25, 2006
    California
    Club:
    Shanghai Shenhua
    Nat'l Team:
    China PR
    What happened to Qu this seaon anyway? Why isn't he playing?

14. Suvlaco

Suvlaco Member

Mar 5, 2006
    Adelaide, Australia
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Australia
    He damaged his ankle ligament after 7 games and is still recovering from his injury. As of two weeks ago he could only jog lightly when I saw him at training.

15. ForzaGrifo

ForzaGrifo Member

Sep 22, 2000
    Several thoughts on Sun Xiang after watching the Arsenal-PSV match:

- Sun was shaky on defense. He got outpaced and outmuscled many times, most notably by Toure. On one occasion, both Sun and Toure were chasing after the ball. They were even at the beginning of the chase, but about 10 yards later, Toure was 2 body-lengths ahead of Sun! Sun really needs to toughen up physically for him to be a better defender.

-Sun got little help on the left side. For some reason, Cocu decided not to come back too deeply to help out Sun. There were a couple of times when Hleb and Toure had a 2-on-1 on Sun.

-Big applause for Sun for out-smarting Hleb to draw the foul which led to the winning goal.

-Alex was definitely MoTM. If Da Costa comes back from injury, I want Salcido (the bicycle kick clearance attempt was awful) to play LB and Sun back to his better position which is LM.

16. xfactor857

xfactor857 Member

Sep 21, 2003
    We (BigSoccer) know more about Chinese Abroad than most fans in China because we are crazy.

I assume fans in Xi'an would have lost track of Qu after he stopped playing for Shenhua.

I think Qu signed a two year deal last year.

17. Paganitzu

Paganitzu Member+

Aug 16, 2006
    San Diego
    Club:
    PSV Eindhoven
    I agree, he did it ok but he plays much better as Left Mid, the first 45 minutes Sun had some problems but in the second half he didn't make a mistake. Mendez helped him in the second half with Touré.

18. LosMerengues89

Jan 1, 2006
    Hong Kong
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    I'm glad that PSV fans don't think his performance was poor. The English commentators on the radio I was listening to were pretty harsh on Sun. They picked him out as "PSV's weakest link."

19. chinesefootballfan

Oct 11, 2004
    Club:
    Manchester City FC
    Nat'l Team:
    China PR
    well

when your team wins, you are generally more forgiving. I think from a balanced perspective, he struggled as a defender and did a decent job as a left midfielder.

Arsenal is just bitter.

20. seb_perpignan

seb_perpignan Member

Jun 5, 2005
    france
    Club:
    Shandong Luneng
    Nat'l Team:
    China PR
    lets cheers !!!!!!!!!!!!

21. greenlion

greenlion Member

Apr 22, 2004
    CHINA
    Club:
    Beijing Guoan
    Nat'l Team:
    China PR
    i fact after Qu joins A-league there is more and more reports on A-league in chinese media

22. ForzaGrifo

ForzaGrifo Member

Sep 22, 2000
    We might be just hours away from witnessing one of our own playing for one of the biggest and best clubs in the world.

It's great being a Chinese these days isn't it? :)

23. chinesefootballfan

Oct 11, 2004
    Club:
    Manchester City FC
    Nat'l Team:
    China PR
    ha ha ha

I would be careful with that statement, our National team is still pathetic.

24. ForzaGrifo

ForzaGrifo Member

Sep 22, 2000
    hehe, true about our NT, but I was thinking more about Sun Xiang, Dong, Beijing Olympics, World Expo in Shanghai in 2010, China's booming economy, etc etc.

I'm just damn proud to be a Chinese.

25. seb_perpignan

seb_perpignan Member

Jun 5, 2005
    france
    Club:
    Shandong Luneng
    Nat'l Team:
    China PR
    need to thint about the nature on that and the pple who r victime in china of the growing economy coz have dark side too. but that true china can be proud of what she did . China change so much the last 15 years !! maybe thx Deng Xiaopeng( not sure about the speeling)

but at this moment so many chinese r playin in club, don't remember last year so many with playing time