Official 2019 Samurai Blue thread

Discussion in 'Japan' started by Samurai Warrior, Jan 2, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Whispered11

Whispered11 Member+

U.C. Sampdoria
    Japan
    Oct 4, 2011
    Munich, Germany
    Club:
    UC Sampdoria
    Nat'l Team:
    Japan
    JEF were probably the most laughable defence in the last season. I think the Esnaider's way of playing doesn't suit them. They changed three keepers - Sato, Rodriguez and Ono - just in 2018.

*end of J2 backslide*

2. Samurai Warrior

Samurai Warrior Member+

Dec 2, 2008
    Nat'l Team:
    Japan
    teioh repped this.
  3. Samurai Warrior

Samurai Warrior Member+

Dec 2, 2008
    Nat'l Team:
    Japan
  4. Interiores

Interiores Member

East Tokyo United
    Japan
    Jun 3, 2016
    Japan
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Nat'l Team:
    Japan
    JFA need to learn from Wales FA or Romanian FA at how managing their ranking through calculated friendly.

5. gamban98

gamban98 Member

Dec 7, 2013
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    seolseol repped this.
  6. Samurai Warrior

Samurai Warrior Member+

Dec 2, 2008
    Nat'l Team:
    Japan
    seolseol repped this.
  7. lilcookie

lilcookie Member

May 6, 2005
    choc chip mountain
    These forums still exist....

8. yanagibashi

yanagibashi Member

Eintracht Braunschweig
    Japan
    Jan 3, 2018
  9. teioh

teioh Member+

Apr 17, 2012
    Thanks to this we'll never pass the group stage.
    However let's find come bakcup for him. Exactly as he was found and tried by Zac in EAFF to backup Maeda and the likes.

10. SamuraiBlue2002

SamuraiBlue2002 Member+

Dec 20, 2008
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    Japan
  11. naopon

naopon Member+

Jan 2, 2007
    California
    Club:
    Kawasaki Frontale
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    So the Tokyo native and Reysol homegrown prospect Kokubo is not a "true japaneses" because his dad is from Nigeria? Cool story bro. Good luck telling that to all of the other Black athletes repping Japan nowadays.

GunnerTNB, takeuchi, Keren and 5 others repped this.
  12. morimotomania93

Japan
    Jan 22, 2019
    osako will definitely not participate in the copa america or is there a chance that his club will change its mind ?

13. verde água

verde água Member

São Paulo
    Oct 4, 2017
    São Bernardo do Campo
    I respect your opinion, but you must not forget that a World Cup match is not just a simple game where winning is the only thing that matters, but it's the soul and identity of a population being shown at the world stage. The soul and identity of Japan are the japanese people, who inhabits that land since the very begininning of human civilization, and the japanese people are the soul and identity of Japan, afterall the people who crafted this whole civilization with it's millennia of rich, unique history and culture and built this wonderful almost perfect country even though it was devasteted by a war and with very few natural resources in a densely populated land were the people of Japanese ethnicity, not the africans (who by the way only built extremely poor and undeveloped countries in their homeland), so yes, let's be fair, Japan National Team deserves to be represented by people of Japanese ethnicity.

I hope you don't misunderstand this, as a brazilian I myself have mixed race background. I just believe that we must left aside our personal desires in order to understand what the World cup really means and to be fair. That's why I have this opinion, so please, read well what I wrote, before you give your reply.

14. naopon

naopon Member+

Jan 2, 2007
    California
    Club:
    Kawasaki Frontale
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    So what? Relatively small in number as they may be, Japanese people of Chinese, Korean, European, African, Caribbean, and North/South American descent play their respective parts in building Japanese society in the present and the future. Having strong non-Japanese/Yamato representation in sports and other venues makes the national heritage richer. Who knows, maybe the culinary Japanese sensation in the world 30 years from now will be a Japanified version of jollof rice or döner kebap, much like ramen and yakiniku previously.

And the "native players of foreign origin" don't even cover immigrant players like your compatriots Ruy Ramos, Alex Santos and Túlio, who all certainly earned their places in society and are fondly remembered by Japanese fans. No one is concerned that ethnic Japanese will be underrepresented in national sports teams. Only the most nutso online right-wingers scoff at the likes of Hakim Sani Brown, Rui Hachimura, and Naomi Osaka on the basis of their racial makeup.

Finally, I would say that the mentality of Japanese Exceptionalism (e.g. "nihonjin ni umarete yokatta!") is a pretty naive and dangerous one which ignores the stagnation of the past generation. Sure, the country has an interesting history and experienced an economic miracle after WW2, but it only takes another generation of complacency and cultural ossification to turn the place into a marginal backwater.

takeuchi, datschge and Keren repped this.
  15. datschge

datschge Member+

Feb 9, 2014
    Germany
    I'd say it's definitive. The club wants Osako to rest in the league break and join the team in the preparations before league start, both which were impossible last summer and this winter due to WC and AC respectively.

Samurai Warrior repped this.
  16. GunnerTNB

GunnerTNB Member+

Apr 4, 2011
    São Paulo
    Club:
    Botafogo Rio Janeiro
    What a joke. He is as Japanese as any other person born and raised in Japan.

teioh, Kajisan, Samurai Warrior and 2 others repped this.
  17. AKITOD

AKITOD Member+

Apr 5, 2007
    Hobart, Aust
    Club:
    JEF United Ichihara
    Nat'l Team:
    Japan
    World Cup players should relax this summer.

Keren repped this.
  18. Samurai Warrior

Samurai Warrior Member+

Dec 2, 2008
    Nat'l Team:
    Japan
    I think Taishi Matsumoto will be called-up either for this month’S friendlies or for the Pre-Copa America squad.

Who agrees with me?

19. Samurai Warrior

Samurai Warrior Member+

Dec 2, 2008
    Nat'l Team:
    Japan
    Good point, but I think the squad will need some experience, it will not hurt if Moriyasu calls-up few WC players, especially those who missed the Asian Cup (e.g. Shoji, Kagawa, and Oshima).

seolseol repped this.
  20. seolseol

seolseol Member+

Apr 26, 2003
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    When will they release the squad?

21. naopon

naopon Member+

Jan 2, 2007
    California
    Club:
    Kawasaki Frontale
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    seolseol repped this.
  22. Samurai Warrior

Samurai Warrior Member+

Dec 2, 2008
    Nat'l Team:
    Japan
    #72 Samurai Warrior, Mar 14, 2019
    Last edited: Mar 14, 2019
    Japan NT squad for the upcoming March friendlies against Colombia and Bolivia:

GK: Masaki Higashiguchi - Daniel Schmidt - Kosuke Nakamura.

DF: Daigo Nishi - Sho Sakaki - Gen Shoji - Sei Muroya - Genta Miura - Koki Anzai - Shinnosuke Hatanaka - Takehiro Tomiyasu.

MF: Takashi Inui - Shinji Kagawa - Hotaru Yamaguchi - Yuki Kobayashi - Takashi Usami - Gaku Shibsaki - Shoya Nakajima - Takumi Minamino - Hidemasa Morita - Ritsu Doan.

FW: Musashi Suzuki - Daichi Kamada.

Majster2, Keren, HomietheClown and 2 others repped this.
  23. Samurai Warrior

Samurai Warrior Member+

Dec 2, 2008
    Nat'l Team:
    Japan
    Players excluded from the AC squad:

Gonda - Makino - Yoshida - Hiroki Sakai - Nagatomo - Aoyama - Shiotani - Wataru Endo - Haraguchi - Junya Ito - Osako - Yoshinori Muto - Kitagawa.

13 players excluded from the AC squad for various reason (e.g. injury, more time to focus on their club team, and lack of form).

This means the squad contains only 10 survivors from the latest AC squad, and 8 from the latest WC squad.

Keren and HomietheClown repped this.
  24. SamuraiBlue2002

SamuraiBlue2002 Member+

Dec 20, 2008
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    Japan
    4 Verdy youth products, 5 if Masao had been called up.

So sad that they've been stuck in J2 for so long.

Samurai Warrior repped this.
  25. Samurai Warrior

Samurai Warrior Member+

Dec 2, 2008
    Nat'l Team:
    Japan
    Interesting note.

The four players are: Anzai - Hatanaka - Kobayashi, and Nakajima.

The problem with Verdy is that they let their youngsters leave way too early in their careers instead of trying to build loyalty among them towards the team in hope to reach promotion to J1.