Official: 2019 Rumor and Roster Moves Thread

Discussion in 'LA Galaxy' started by The Beautiful Gamer, Oct 29, 2018.

1. Skevin

Skevin Member+

Aug 9, 2009
    Colorado
    Club:
    Aston Villa FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Czechia
    Well damn a lot of big moves on the horizon?

If we get fernandez, I have to imagine we are shipping out both Santos. Although Jonathan and Fernandez in the midfield sounds solid as hell. Also allows us to have Lletget and Alessandrini as our wingers which provide a ton of creativity. Then Benedetto and Ibra up top. Man our midfield and striker situation would be insanely good.

Let's just ignore defense though.

hav77, WarGalaxy and GalaxyOne repped this.
  2. GalaxyOne

GalaxyOne Member+

Dec 6, 2005
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Haha, like I said in a previous post, better get used to Romney-Steres at central D. They may even grow into a solid pairing if given a chance. Though like everyone else, would still love to bring in at least one solid proven CB (and a top goalie would be nice), if we haven't spent every last penny on offence.

3. Dr.Phil

Dr.Phil Member+

Jan 18, 2004
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

Both Dyer and Baxter are legit. I think we are just waiting to finalize everything. Baxter announced some of the other guys returning and it took a bit for the Galaxy to announce it.

WarGalaxy, barroldinho, hav77 and 2 others repped this.
  4. GalaxyOne

GalaxyOne Member+

Dec 6, 2005
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Oh, I'd forgotten about Polenta. He sounds solid.

5. skydog

skydog Member+

Aug 1, 1999
    Durham, NC
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    I hadn't since his likely signing is the best roster news we've had in the off-season. Nacional Captain, Uruguayan Defender of the Year, fan favorite, $3.5 mil value listed on transfermarkt - that's a big time addition. In terms of quality, experience, leadership, and passion he promises to be our a huuuuge upgrade for us at centerback.

At this point I see Zlatan, Polenta, Alessandrini and JDS as our four highest quality players next season, with Kamara close behind.

6. Beirut

Beirut Member+

Feb 3, 2010
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Kevin Baxter on CoG brought up a good point. It’s been a long time since we’ve been linked and rumored to so many quality South American players. It’s nice that we can be a potential destination for young SA players. Long overdue!

It’s too bad Klein and co have screwed up our roster budget. We could have made big moves this winter.

Dawdler, ProudNatRN, hav77 and 4 others repped this.
  7. Skevin

Skevin Member+

Aug 9, 2009
    Colorado
    Club:
    Aston Villa FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Czechia
    Alright GM Skevin coming in with the trades and deals.

Buyout Gio first things first. Now we have 3 DP slots, but wait! Call up alessandrini and say we have a tempting offer for you. He is in the last year of his deal, so I am going to say, let's rip up your current contract, and offer you a 3 year deal at $1.25 million a season. He will likely accept because he is gaining long term stability with the team.

Now we have an open DP spot. Ring ring ring Fernandez we have a position open for you. First we try to get him for under a DP contract, but with the transfer fee, that is likely impossible. Sign him up.

Call up Benedetto and ask if he is interested. Confirm he is since it's the Galaxy, and then begin talks with SKC about a swap for Opara involving Kamara (sorry buddy). Also inquire about singing Jonathan Mensah from Columbus. See if we can trade Kamara to either team for them. One will likely accept.

Finally try my damn hardest to loan Skjelvik back to the nordics. We will even pay 50% of his salary which frees up 500k for another player.

Call up Everton and ask if we can have Baines. Offer baines a 2 year deal.
    Call up Leicester and ask about Fuchs. Offer the same 2 year deal.
    Call up Boca and ask about Fabra. Offer 3 year deal with an option for 4.

Hopefully someone accepts that.

Start the season with this:

------------Ibra----------Benedetto-----------
    ---Lletget--Jona---Fernandez--Romain--
    --Fabra---Polenta---Opare---Feltscher---
    ---------------------Bingham--------------------

Win GM of the year award.

8. Benny Dargle

Benny Dargle Member+

Jul 23, 2008
    LA
    My guess is you'd need to spend a lot more TAM than we have to make all of this work (putting aside the fact that we would need to acquire an int'l slot as well)

9. L.A. Native

L.A. Native Member+

Aug 1, 2013
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    I've been told you can't restructure a player's contract until it's over if you paid a transfer fee for him...

10. Skevin

Skevin Member+

Aug 9, 2009
    Colorado
    Club:
    Aston Villa FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Czechia
    Alright my whole GM plan has been derailed

The Beautiful Gamer, hav77 and TrickHog repped this.
  11. L.A. Native

L.A. Native Member+

Aug 1, 2013
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    I've yet to confirm whether this is true or not so, don't hang up that signing pen just yet. ;)

The Beautiful Gamer, hav77 and TrickHog repped this.
  12. mbar

mbar Member+

Apr 30, 1999
    Los Angeles, CA
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Who do you guys/gals reckon should be captain next year if Cole leaves (as is rumored and seems likely)?

The Beautiful Gamer repped this.
  13. Dr.Phil

Dr.Phil Member+

Jan 18, 2004
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Zlatan

14. Beep Boop Robot

Mar 11, 2015
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    I'd say Lleget or Romain. I'd like to pick someone who will be around for a while, starts, and we never question their effort on the field.

It will probably be Zlatan though.

15. MPNumber9

MPNumber9 Member+

Oct 10, 2010
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Agreed. For that moment alone, I'm okay with keeping him at least one more year.

16. hav77

hav77 Member+

May 31, 2010
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Romain, but likely Zlatan though.

GalaxyOne repped this.
  17. GalaxyOne

GalaxyOne Member+

Dec 6, 2005
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Haha, good luck with those deals. I hope you're a world class negotiator.:D Not sure Alessandrini will go for a $1M+ pay cut, and interesting you have kept Feltscher who is probably the biggest goat from our season ending loss to Houston. And Bingham? Meh. You need to work a little harder, Mr. GM, or you're OUT!!!

18. GalaxyOne

GalaxyOne Member+

Dec 6, 2005
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    How do international slots work, anyway? I noticed Atlanta had 17 internationals on their roster last season. Yet the Galaxy never seem to be able to have that many.

19. mbar

mbar Member+

Apr 30, 1999
    Los Angeles, CA
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    green card holders and US Citizens don't count as "international". I believe.

GalaxyOne and barroldinho repped this.
  20. Skevin

Skevin Member+

Aug 9, 2009
    Colorado
    Club:
    Aston Villa FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Czechia
    I am actually fairly optimistic with Romain. He is right above the DP threshold on 1.57 million. If we can take him down to 1.25m, then that opens a DP spot. Now he wouldn't do that for no reason, but if we offer him 3 years at 1.25m a season, I think he'd take it. That guarantees him a few more seasons in LA, and still getting a million a year even in his 30s.

GalaxyOne, SteveUSSF_ref8 and mbar repped this.
  21. mbar

mbar Member+

Apr 30, 1999
    Los Angeles, CA
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    1086324726337744896 is not a valid tweet id

22. Beirut

Beirut Member+

Feb 3, 2010
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Young Mexican winger sounds promising, but it seems like he has struggled in his time in Europe. Originally signed at Man city but loaned out to two teams in Holland. Hasn’t played much and it looks like he’s coming here because his loan was terminated early due to lack of playing time.

He seems to have a lot of potential.

Okay, now let’s start signing some big time defenders!

TrickHog repped this.
  23. TrickHog

TrickHog Moderator
    Staff Member

Oct 14, 2002
    Los Angeles, CA
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Winger and centerback are good. Now if we could get some fullbacks (and jettison Gio) we'd have a complete team.

24. Benny Dargle

Benny Dargle Member+

Jul 23, 2008
    LA
    te Kloese is effectively trying to fill the holes left by the loss of Mendez and Llanez from the Academy. Antuna a few years ago is where those guys are now.

25. Benny Dargle

Benny Dargle Member+

Jul 23, 2008
    LA
    hav77, kaburu and TrickHog repped this.