Official 2019 Nadeshiko Japan Thread [R] - なでしこジャパン(英語スレッド)

Discussion in 'Japan' started by blissett, Jan 1, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. blissett

blissett Member+

Aug 20, 2011
    Italy
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    With today's poker, Mina Tanaka tries to settle the score with Yuika Sugasawa: she had fallen behind by 2 goals (11 to 13) in the top-scorer's race, now she's two goals ahead (15 to 13).

Nojima Stella Kanagawa Sagamihara is the team that never draws: in 12 matchdays of Nadeshiko League, they had 5 wins, 7 losses and 0 draws and they're the only team who never had a draw in the three Nadehiko major divisions (1st, 2nd and Challenge League), although it has to be said that they anyway had three draws in the other seasonal competition, Nadeshiko League Cup.
    Do you think it says anything meaningful about the team, @pierre bezukhov? :cautious:

I am happy that Ami Otaki scores (it's only her second this season, or her third counting the Nadeshiko League Cup's lonely one). While Albirex crumbled down yeterday vs INAC, JEF must be still considered a legitimate contender for the title: they're six points behind Urawa and three points behind Beleza, but they've got a game in hand to both and it's the direct clash vs Beleza that was postponed last week: by winning it, they would climb within strinking distance from Urawa.

Rie Azami shored up her first place in 2nd Division's top-scorer's rankings. Chifure is now third-placed, one point behind Orca (that have a game in hand) and three points behind Ehime. After this week-end's results, it looks like the promotion will be between these three teams, since Cerezo has fallen 6 points behind Chifure, where also Sfida are sitting; Sfida has a game in hand, but it's a very difficult away one vs Orca).

2. KAPIJXM

KAPIJXM Member+

Nov 18, 2011
    Illa de Arousa,Spain
    Club:
    Celta de Vigo
    Nat'l Team:
    Japan
  3. Lechus7

Lechus7 Member+

Aug 31, 2011
    Wroclaw
    AFC U-16 Championship

Japan 0 - 0 Australia

4. pierre bezukhov

pierre bezukhov Member+

AC Milan
    Japan
    Mar 7, 2018
    Japan
    That is a remarkable statistic. I do not have an explanation for it. They tend not to change the way they play regardless of how the match is going or who they are playing. If they get behind they tend not to come back as well, it usually gets worse.

They just do not play for 0-0 draws which means they play to get a result.

Manchester Nadeshiko and blissett repped this.
  5. blissett

blissett Member+

Aug 20, 2011
    Italy
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    Well, at least judging from highlights, it looks like it was a quite one-way match and that Japan had multiple chances to put it away.

Which other teams Japan will face at group stage?

Manchester Nadeshiko repped this.
  6. Manchester Nadeshiko

Ehime F.C. Ladies
    Japan
    Mar 26, 2017
    U.K.
    #2256 Manchester Nadeshiko, Sep 17, 2019
    Last edited: Sep 17, 2019
    Mizuho Sakaguchi......missed by one fan at least

I somehow think we have seen the last of my super hero on the pitch.
    Maybe a Empress's Cup role this season?...as a finale to a playing career
    Really hope I am wrong though.

On a positive note it is great to see Yuri Kawamura back at her hometown club( after a disaster overseas injuy..injury etc) with a smile on her face..who knows she may hit a rich vein of form and get a call up for the N.T.

pierre bezukhov and blissett repped this.
  7. pierre bezukhov

pierre bezukhov Member+

AC Milan
    Japan
    Mar 7, 2018
    Japan
    Bangladesh and Thailand.

blissett repped this.
  8. unepommekun

unepommekun Member+

Beleza
    Japan
    Mar 26, 2018
    Today's game:

AFC U16 Championship
    Bangladesh vs Japan 18:00

9. Lechus7

Lechus7 Member+

Aug 31, 2011
    Wroclaw
    #2259 Lechus7, Sep 18, 2019
    Last edited: Sep 18, 2019
    Bangladesh 0 - 5 Japan at HT

Quite an easy game for Young Nadeshiko so far. Bangladesh players possess some decent individual skills (their goalie and left midfielder are standing out) but as a team they are showing very little in terms of interplay and cohesion.
    (The stadium has been invaded by hundreds of dragonflies :))

10. Lechus7

Lechus7 Member+

Aug 31, 2011
    Wroclaw
    Bangladesh 0 - 9 Japan FT

Saturday 21st last group matchday vs hosts Thailand.

11. blissett

blissett Member+

Aug 20, 2011
    Italy
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    Dragonflies? Wow, I want to see that in highlights...

Was working this morning, so I missed the match, but I didn't miss more than a target practice, it seems...

12. pierre bezukhov

pierre bezukhov Member+

AC Milan
    Japan
    Mar 7, 2018
    Japan
    I thought it would be an easy game for the Young Nadeshiko and it was. I do not like to dismiss opponents before the game though, because you never know what might happen. Hopefully they can have a comfortable win against Thailand as well.

I thought Bangladesh had some good players too and occasionally moved the ball nicely. It is still early days for them, but having this competition, and getting through the first set of qualifiers can only be good for the girl's improvement. I do not know what their youth development is like, but hopefully they can keep progressing.

13. Lechus7

Lechus7 Member+

Aug 31, 2011
    Wroclaw
    Bangladesh - Japan

14. unepommekun

unepommekun Member+

Beleza
    Japan
    Mar 26, 2018
  15. unepommekun

unepommekun Member+

Beleza
    Japan
    Mar 26, 2018
    Tomorrow's games:

AFC U16 Championship
    Thailand vs Japan 18:00

If Japan doesn't get the top of the group, we may lose the qualification for the U17 WWC, because North Korea seems very strong (only two teams can join it from Asia because it will be held in India).

Nadeshiko League 2
    Setagaya vs Yamato 13:00
    Cerezo vs Orca 13:00
    Nippatsu vs Chifure 16:00

16. unepommekun

unepommekun Member+

Beleza
    Japan
    Mar 26, 2018
    GK
    Ikeda, Yamashita, Hirao
    DF
    Sameshima, Kumagai, Miyake, Doko, Shimizu, Miyagawa, Minami, Takahashi
    MF
    Nakajima, Matsubara, Momiki, Hasegawa, Sugita, Miura, Miyazawa
    FW
    Sugasawa, Iwabuchi, Tanaka, Kobayashi, Takarada, Endo

17. blissett

blissett Member+

Aug 20, 2011
    Italy
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    #2267 blissett, Sep 20, 2019
    Last edited: Sep 20, 2019
    Well, although Australia has beaten host Thailand by 6-1, we are currently ahead on goal difference because of our 9-0 to Bangladesh. It's very possible that Australia can bludgeon Bangladesh in a similar way; on the other hand, our U-16 girl should squarely beat the Thai too, so it's a matter of maintaining our current +4 goal difference to Australia (+ 9 vs + 5). I am condident that we could make it.

Manchester Nadeshiko and Lechus7 repped this.
  18. blissett

blissett Member+

Aug 20, 2011
    Italy
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    Most interesting names are Takahashi and Matsubara. Had they already any calls with Takakura, apart from the pre-WWC mega-camps with dozen of players?

Mina Tanaka is back after the World Cup's absence: I wonder if she's in Takakura's plans for the Olympics. :cautious:

Of course Utsugi is still out injured and Mizuho Sakaguchi is out too (forever? :cry:).

No Yokoyama, but in fact AC Nagano Parceiro's performances suggest that, unlike Sugasawa, she's not currently at her best.

I didn't follow much Fuka Nagano: has she currently regular playing time in Saitama? Anyhow she now mostly looks like an afterthought to NT. :unsure:

KAPIJXM and Manchester Nadeshiko repped this.
  19. Manchester Nadeshiko

Ehime F.C. Ladies
    Japan
    Mar 26, 2017
    U.K.
    Would like to have seen Nana Ichise included

20. pierre bezukhov

pierre bezukhov Member+

AC Milan
    Japan
    Mar 7, 2018
    Japan
    It does seem a giving the AFC only three positions at under 17 World Cups a little unfair, especially given that four of the champions have come from Asia. But it is what it is.

Young Nadeshiko and North Korea look the best teams in the competition to me, so it would be really harsh if they meet each other in the semi finals. Whatever happens I would prefer Young Nadeshiko to play any of the teams except either Korean team. Korean teams always raise their game against Japan.

blissett repped this.
  21. unepommekun

unepommekun Member+

Beleza
    Japan
    Mar 26, 2018
    Today's result:

Nadeshiko League 2
    Setagaya 0-1 Yamato (KanNou)
    Cerezo (Yakata, Momono) 2-0 Orca
    Nippatsu (Takahashi) 1-1 Chifure (Takano)

22. Lechus7

Lechus7 Member+

Aug 31, 2011
    Wroclaw
    #2272 Lechus7, Sep 21, 2019
    Last edited: Sep 21, 2019
    Surprise, after 25min...Bangladesh is one up on Australia :)

Thailand v Japan scorless so far (game is geoblocked)

KAPIJXM, blissett and pierre bezukhov repped this.
  23. Lechus7

Lechus7 Member+

Aug 31, 2011
    Wroclaw
    Australia 0 - 1 Bangladesh HT

Thailand 0 - 3 Japan HT

blissett repped this.
  24. pierre bezukhov

pierre bezukhov Member+

AC Milan
    Japan
    Mar 7, 2018
    Japan
    #2274 pierre bezukhov, Sep 21, 2019
    Last edited: Sep 21, 2019
    Do you mean you can watch the game? I can't find it online.

Bangladesh, again look pretty good with the ball. The Australian goal keeper had brain melt for the goal though. But Bangladesh actually have a strategy for this game going forward and it is kind of working (well they scored a goal).

Australia I am sure will overhaul them in the second half, but so far they have not played that well. Bangladesh are pretty ragged at the back and a good passing team would cut them up - like Japan did - pretty quickly.

It would be great to see Bangladesh get the win but I doubt it will happen.

25. Lechus7

Lechus7 Member+

Aug 31, 2011
    Wroclaw
    here's the link but you need VPN (Australia or India, Pakistan, or Nepal)