Official 2019 Nadeshiko Japan Thread [R] - なでしこジャパン(英語スレッド)

Discussion in 'Japan' started by blissett, Jan 1, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. KAPIJXM

KAPIJXM Member+

Nov 18, 2011
    Illa de Arousa,Spain
    Club:
    Celta de Vigo
    Nat'l Team:
    Japan
  2. blissett

blissett Member+

Aug 20, 2011
    Italy
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    Although I mostly understand what she wrote ("...it's a shame, but this is football..."), could you please translate the whole text for non-German speakers? :p

Are the respective heights of the players very accurate? And what about those with blue hair? :laugh:

Lechus7 repped this.
  3. blissett

blissett Member+

Aug 20, 2011
    Italy
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    NWSL update:

- on Saturday, Sky Blue FC-Washington Spirit 2-3. No luck for Kawasumi's team. Naho played 73' minutes.
    Highlights: http://www.nwslsoccer.com/videos/978C6770-7142-E3FD-C1DC-A9099431292C

- on Sunday, Chicago Red Stars-North Carolina Courage 3-1. Resounding win for the Red Stars, with a Kerr's brace. One of the goals was from a Nagasato's assist and now Yuki leads the NWSL assists' chart with 3 assist (while she's second to Kerr and Dunn only in the scorers' rankings with 3 goals). The fact that Nagasato wasn't called for the World Cup could make the difference for Chicago: having such a player available while the rest of the teams are depleted could give them a key-advantage.
    Highlights: http://www.nwslsoccer.com/videos/F44A2531-21E5-C978-CB65-AECB7D4F93FE

- With 9 teams in NWSL, one of them has to rest each match-day and this time it was Seattle Reign FC, so no match for Rumi Utsugi.

HS10Legend and unepommekun repped this.
  4. #5nadeshikofan

#5nadeshikofan Member+

May 26, 2012
    Plymouth, Michigan, USA
    Club:
    Vegalta Sendai
    Nat'l Team:
    Japan
    „Unfortunately, I was not called up for the national team. Very regrettable, but this is football. All I will say is that I will continue to improve myself and that I am looking forward to the future.“

5. Lechus7

Lechus7 Member+

Aug 31, 2011
    Wroclaw
  6. unepommekun

unepommekun Member+

Beleza
    Japan
    Mar 26, 2018
    Ohno, Yokoyama, Hasegawa

7. blissett

blissett Member+

Aug 20, 2011
    Italy
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    Very funny: you should post this kind of videos more often, in my opinion. Although I wasn't understanding much of what they were saying (especially in all the situations where they were laughing a lot, often to tears :giggle:), most of the pictures were kind of self-explaining.

That 200 that was often associated with Ohno is the number of goals she wants to reach? Or the number of games played in Nadeshiko League?

And in that video with a young Hasegawa dribbling half a team of much older girls to score, how old she was? There was a 5 in caption, but I can't believe that it meant she was just 5 years old! :eek:

That part with the Tik Tok game cracked me up; I didn't know that game: is it really popular in Japan?

Also, for an Italian like me, it was funny to hear Yokoyama mentioning Roberto Baggio ("Roberuto Baju senshu") as her favourite (or most influencial?) player. :giggle:

unepommekun and KAPIJXM repped this.
  8. blissett

blissett Member+

Aug 20, 2011
    Italy
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    I thought this Rumi Utsugi's picture, from the article on the NWSL website where her nomination to Japan's roster for the WWC was announced, was worth sharing here, because she looks pretty bad-ass in it. :sneaky::cool:

[​IMG]

9. unepommekun

unepommekun Member+

Beleza
    Japan
    Mar 26, 2018
    Tomorrow's games:

Nadeshiko League
    Nittaidai vs Nojima 13:00

Nadeshiko League 2
    Shizuoka vs Cerezo 14:00

Challenge League West
    Speranza vs Kibi 13:00

Manchester Nadeshiko and blissett repped this.
  10. pierre bezukhov

pierre bezukhov Member+

AC Milan
    Japan
    Mar 7, 2018
    Japan
    She wants to be the first player to score two hundred goals in the Nadeshiko League.

Hasegawa was in 5th grade when the video was taken of her tearing it up. She was playing against other elementary school students. She said she was the shortest person in her class until second year junior high school.

blissett repped this.
  11. blissett

blissett Member+

Aug 20, 2011
    Italy
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    Well, she's now at what? 182? 184? Can't remember the caption. At the pace she's scoring these days, she will need to play for some more seasons to reach that, maybe to touch 40 yo as Arakawa will do this October... :coffee:

Ok, ok, so she was 10 or 11 in that video? It's anyway impressive.

12. Lechus7

Lechus7 Member+

Aug 31, 2011
    Wroclaw
    #1088 Lechus7, May 17, 2019
    Last edited: May 17, 2019
    Good $ news for Nadeshiko League....but excellent for Beleza ;)

From my back on envelope math: would Japan reach final (full month in France) that's around 62 775 $ for Beleza not counting additional small money for past players.

In such scenario also Saki Kumagai would bring Lyon 6 975$, while Urawa and Frankfurt would get for her 3 487,5$ each.

13. KAPIJXM

KAPIJXM Member+

Nov 18, 2011
    Illa de Arousa,Spain
    Club:
    Celta de Vigo
    Nat'l Team:
    Japan
    That is the good thing about hace most of the players playing home :D

blissett and Lechus7 repped this.
  14. blissett

blissett Member+

Aug 20, 2011
    Italy
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    Lol, whatever scenario you can draw for the knock-out matches the bottom line is... Olympique Lyonnais will get a lot of money from this tournament! :laugh:

Be it Kumagai or Maroszan, Bronze or Simon, Van de Sanden or Buchanan, and let's not even talk about the multiple French international, OL will surely get... compensation from this WWC!

KAPIJXM and Manchester Nadeshiko repped this.
  15. unepommekun

unepommekun Member+

Beleza
    Japan
    Mar 26, 2018
    Today's result:

Nadeshiko League
    Nittaidai (Kono 2) 2-4 Nojima (Sakuramoto 2, Nakano, Minamino)

Nadeshiko League 2
    Shizuoka (Shimamura) 1-2 Cerezo (Nojima, Iwamoto)

Challenge League West
    Speranza (Uenishi, Asano, Watanabe 2) 4-1 Kibi (Abe)

Lechus7 and blissett repped this.
  16. hirohiro

hirohiro Member+

Dec 29, 2011
    Brighton, UK
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Japan

I don't quite understand this. So FIFA are playing compensation to the clubs? I understand it if the clubs are paying players' wages (either professional contracts or other ways)... but not sure why Beleza should be getting any money. I thought only Sakaguchi and Iwashimizu get paid by the club (although I don't think as a professional football players but rather as a staff of the club or something).

I'm all for FIFA coughing up some money but hope that money actually goes to the players in the case for players who actually don't earn money from football.

or did I completely misunderstood what this 'player compensation'?

17. unepommekun

unepommekun Member+

Beleza
    Japan
    Mar 26, 2018
    Today's game:

Sud Ladies Cup
    Young Nadeshiko vs France U19 17:30 (0:30)

Tomorrow's games:

Nadeshiko League
    Jef vs Inac 12:00
    Mynavi vs Albi 13:00
    Nagano vs Beleza 13:00
    Iga vs Urawa 13:00

Nadeshiko League 2
    Yamato vs Orca 11:00
    Ehime vs Nippatsu 13:00
    Setagaya vs Harima 13:30
    Bunnys vs Chifure 14:00

Challenge League East
    NORD vs Jumonji 11:00
    Tokiwagi vs Niigata 11:00
    JFA vs Tsukuba 14:00

Challenge League West
    Ange Violet vs Cerezo Girls 14:00
    Nagoya vs Belle 15:00

Manchester Nadeshiko and blissett repped this.
  18. pierre bezukhov

pierre bezukhov Member+

AC Milan
    Japan
    Mar 7, 2018
    Japan
    Yeah that is right.

I doubt Ohno will get there the way she keeps on failing to score from very good opportunities.

blissett repped this.
  19. pierre bezukhov

pierre bezukhov Member+

AC Milan
    Japan
    Mar 7, 2018
    Japan
    I finally got to a Nojima game today. First one for the season.

Nittaidai need to improve defending set pieces. Sakuramoto did not have to do too much to head the ball into the net for both goals. But Nittaidai have some interesting players.

Their number nine Kono - who scored both their goals - was very good today. I do not know much about her, but based on this one game she has to be thought about for Nadeshiko going forward. I think she is only twenty-one. She dribbled and shot well. She was not given many opportunities today, but she made them count, though she did miss a penalty.

Also one of their side backs Mina Matsunaga and another young defender Miyu Mori, I thought both played well. I will be interested to see how they develop. It is only one game, so I do not know if I got them on a good day or a bad day.

Nojima were solid. They do play some very nice football at times, but make some silly mistakes. Yoko Tanaka played the whole game and was pretty good. Nakano was probably best player on the pitch with Matsubara, but everybody else was not so good. Though Oga played well and two goals for Sakuramoto is pretty good.

It had been two years since I watched a live Nojima game and I forgot how good Yoko Tanaka is on the ball. Up close she is so good at dribbling in tight spaces. She is just class.

I think I will make Nittaidai my second team. They do not seem to have any fans. Today was a home game for NIttaidai, but fans were three to one in favour of Nojima. Even the Nojima cheer squad cheered Nittaidai, which was very nice of them.

Tickets are also only 1,200 yen at their home ground!

20. blissett

blissett Member+

Aug 20, 2011
    Italy
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    Nice result for Nojima, they were needing it. I am happy to hear about Yoko Tanaka playing so well. :) Good old Nakano at her 5th goal of the season, she's by far the most prolific scorer for Stella so far. Minamino only scored her third today, after 9 match-days, so she's way far from the pace she had last season. Let's hope she can get better: she was one of the most prominent strikers in Nadeshiko League in the last two years.

Where she's at exactly? 182 or 184? She only scored one goal in the season so far, and it was in Nadeshiko League Cup, not Nadeshiko League.

Well, you should!!! :p Fuka Kono scored Nadeshiko Japan's 2nd goal in the final of U-17 WWC in Costa Rica, thus sealing the deal vs Spain and giving the trophy to our team. Her run towards the bench to hug Takakura was one of the most emotional moments in that World Cup (it was 2014, Kono was just 16 back then and she did look like a 16 indeed, with all of her genuine enthusiasm). It was also the first big tournament won with Takakura on the bench, before last year's trophies with Senior NT.

Fuka Kono was also part of the team that won U-20 WWC in France last year, although she only played 5 meaningless minutes in total, as a late sub in the quarter-final vs Germany (probably mainly for wasting-time reasons).

So far she had been mostly sitting on the bench in Nittadai, because her role of central-striker was covered by longtime historical Nittaidai's goal-scorer Shoko Uemura. This season, now that Uemura transferred to Urawa, finally Fuka Kono found the space she deserved and she's become Nittaidai's first choice of starting striker. :)

Well, it's a little worrying that Cerezo Ladies, apparently, had a hard time beating the team that's dead last in Division 2. o_O Anyway, they keep their hopes for promotion alive with this win.

Kibi this year: 6 losses out of 6 games. 2 goal scored, 20 goals against. There was a time a brilliant university team that had climbed the pyramid to Nadeshiko League Division 1... :unsure:

pierre bezukhov repped this.
  21. pierre bezukhov

pierre bezukhov Member+

AC Milan
    Japan
    Mar 7, 2018
    Japan
    I thought it was at 183. She has definitely scored one goal this year, but I can't remember if it was in the cup or league. It might be 182.

She is missing good chances to score that is what is so frustrating.

Kono is third at the moment in goals scored this season. That is pretty good considering the team she plays for. At the end of the season she can join Nojima.

blissett repped this.
  22. blissett

blissett Member+

Aug 20, 2011
    Italy
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    Teams like Cerezo make my life difficult by keeping adding players to their rosters! This time they put on the field two substitutes with numbers 58 and 59! :x3: Whose names apparently are Marino Iwamoto and Akiko Nagata (the first one of them even scoring the winner): is this correct?

Also, I suppose Shizuoka's scorer is Yukiko Shimamura, as already mentioned on this thread, I guess.

23. blissett

blissett Member+

Aug 20, 2011
    Italy
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    Well, if you remember, it's what we always said about Ohno when she was playing with INAC and NT: so it's not like is something new about her late-years only. I mean, ok, she's scored a lot, but she could have scored even more in her career, if she hadn't wasted so many clear-cut chances in her life! :x3:

pierre bezukhov repped this.
  24. Lechus7

Lechus7 Member+

Aug 31, 2011
    Wroclaw
    #1100 Lechus7, May 18, 2019
    Last edited: May 18, 2019
    Yes this money pool is for clubs only. (Club Benefits Programme)
    Financial agreement between player and the club (pro contract, semi-pro, amateur) doesn't come into matter here.
    450$/day per player

In case of ie. Rumi Utsugi:
    Reign FC as her current club will get 50% (for her absence)
    while Montpellier and Beleza will share other 50% (you could say that's reimbursement money from FIFA for player developement when she was between 12 and 22 y.o)

Here's full money chart for this WWC

MoneyWWC.JPG
    Every team is guaranteed a minimum payment of $1.25 million for their participation (500k preparation money + 750k prize money)
    which mean:
    $750k for 23 players plus 8 (or 9?) staff...that's $23-24k for person from prize money. Not too shabby for a 2 weeks work...but still miles behind men's footie.