Official 2019 Nadeshiko Japan Thread [R] - なでしこジャパン(英語スレッド)

Discussion in 'Japan' started by blissett, Jan 1, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Lechus7

Lechus7 Member+

Aug 31, 2011
    Wroclaw
  2. HS10Legend

HS10Legend Member

Mar 16, 2017
    Germany
    Club:
    NTV Beleza
    that's a remarkable statistic, but the number could have been even higher,
    if you look at the reserve players, Takakura has invited.

But i also did my research, for a different matter:
    So far in the World Cups, Marta is the top scorer with 15 goals, scored in 4 tournaments. Birgit Prinz and Abby Wambach are following her with 14 goals each. Unlike Marta however, those two have retired, so this will be their final score.
    Marta will play this World Cup, and maybe one more after that.
    So i expect her to reach the 20-goals mark.

Japans top scorer in World Cups is Homare Sawa with 6 goals.
    I think Miyama is following her with 4 goals, and Kawasumi with 2.
    In our current team the top scorers are Iwabuchi, Sugasawa and Sakagauchi
    with 1 goal each :whistling:

However with Kobayashi (22), Ueki (20), and Endo (19) we have three very young
    and talented attacking players, who i believe, if they stay healthy,
    could very well play 3 or 4 major tournaments.

I know, there is only one important thing to think about for France, but i think Japan, as one of the stongest teams in the world, would deserve atleast one name very high up the rankings.

blissett repped this.
  3. unepommekun

unepommekun Member+

Beleza
    Japan
    Mar 26, 2018
    Today's result:

Nadeshiko League
    Nojima (Nakano) 1-0 Iga
    Inac (Masuya, Ushijima, Kyokawa 2) 4-0 Nagano
    Urawa 0-2 Jef (Ozawa, Yamazaki)

Nadeshiko League 2
    Nippatsu (Hirakuni, Takahashi) 2-0 Shizuoka

Challenge League West
    Speranza (Watanabe) 1-1 Nagoya (Takashima)

Challenge League East
    Tsukuba (Harashima) 1-1 Jumonji (Murakoso)

4. unepommekun

unepommekun Member+

Beleza
    Japan
    Mar 26, 2018
    Tomorrow's games:

Nadeshiko League
    Albi vs Nittaidai 13:00
    Beleza vs Mynavi 14:00

Nadeshiko League 2
    Harima vs Bunnys 11:00
    Cerezo vs Setagaya 12:00
    Orca vs Ehime 13:00
    Chifure vs Yamato 14:00

Challenge League East
    Niigata vs JFA 10:00
    Tokiwagi vs NORD 11:00

Challenge League West
    Kibi vs Ange Violet 13:00
    Cerezo Girls vs Belle 15:30

Sud Ladies Cup
    Young Nadeshiko vs North Korea U19 12:30 (19:30)

blissett and Manchester Nadeshiko repped this.
  5. pierre bezukhov

pierre bezukhov Member+

AC Milan
    Japan
    Mar 7, 2018
    Japan
    I love football. It can be so unpredictable.

Minami gets selected for the national team, so she goes and gives a goal to JEF United. She basically passed the ball to nobody. She is a good player, but that was a bad mistake.

Last week Urawa looked very good, but today they did not play well at all. Inac also come out and play really well to secure a comfortable win.

And Nojima won! :)

blissett repped this.
  6. Manchester Nadeshiko

Ehime F.C. Ladies
    Japan
    Mar 26, 2017
    U.K.
    Concerning the Mizuho Sakaguchi selection.She may be a firm favourite of Takakura's and the medical team may well have passed her fit for selection but I believe the player herself is such a professional that she would have ruled herself out if she though she was not going to able to make a meaningful contribution.
    I agree that her form prior to her injury in the snow at the start of the season was quite unremarkable but subject to her fitness I believe she remains a class player.i.e form is transient class is not.

Am not surprised by the inclusion of Jun Endo.She is very aggressive and will hassle defenders where others do not put in the 'mileage' to be able to do that.I think that as well as her other strengths this part of her game caught the attention of Takakura san and that's why she's in.

Lots more to talk about re selection for 2019, just wanted to put my two cents worth in while it's 'fresh news'.

The Minami 'incident' referred to above is a must see for all the wrong reasons and couldn't have happened at a worse time for the player however if you are going to commit your 'career blunder' get it out of the way before your World Cup appearance

Who's going to WWC 2019?

blissett repped this.
  7. blissett

blissett Member+

Aug 20, 2011
    Italy
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    I guess all of these players had been selected for some matches or, at the very least for some training camps befpre (Takarada, for instance), except maybe Seike; I am not sure about her: did she have any previous call?

8. blissett

blissett Member+

Aug 20, 2011
    Italy
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    You basically summed up all I wanted to comment about today's results. This year Nadeshiko League is very interesting, to say the least. :)

I hope for more unexpected results to come. And for a new champion at the end of the season (sorry, unepomme :p).

Since you both talked about this blunder I want to see it by myself: are there any highlights? I absolutely agree that, if Minami had to make such an unexcusable mistake, better before the WWC than during it. :p

9. blissett

blissett Member+

Aug 20, 2011
    Italy
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    Job interferes with my plans a lot, since final exams are scheduled in the school where I work basically at the same dates as WWC. :cry:

I anyway bought two tickets and I am 90% sure that I'll be able to attend Japan-Argentina in Paris on 10th of June. The other match that I have bought my ticket for is Japan-England in Nice, but I am still not sure if I'll actually be able to have a day-off in the middle of the week to travel to France to attend.

For the rest, guys, I am going to follow the WWC here on the thread with all of you. If only it had been in July instead of June, I would have had a long holiday in France, but I'll be content with following the event from Italy, while it happens at a few hundreds kilometers from me. :x3:

10. unepommekun

unepommekun Member+

Beleza
    Japan
    Mar 26, 2018
    In fact, it's not Minami but Osafune who did that blunder. This announcer made a lot of miscalling. :D

11. KAPIJXM

KAPIJXM Member+

Nov 18, 2011
    Illa de Arousa,Spain
    Club:
    Celta de Vigo
    Nat'l Team:
    Japan
    Wow, Nadeshiko League this year is soo crazy, I love it :cool: (despite Iga's second consecutive lost)

blissett repped this.
  12. pierre bezukhov

pierre bezukhov Member+

AC Milan
    Japan
    Mar 7, 2018
    Japan
    That was well spotted. He went on about it too for the rest of the half.

Manchester Nadeshiko repped this.
  13. blissett

blissett Member+

Aug 20, 2011
    Italy
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    And soon the league will be forced to have a break for the World Cup. I wonder how differently it could go later when it will resume (we've seen huge difference between spring and summer/autumn in past seasons).

KAPIJXM repped this.
  14. blissett

blissett Member+

Aug 20, 2011
    Italy
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    And once again old "useless" Nakano scored! ;)

15. blissett

blissett Member+

Aug 20, 2011
    Italy
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    Interesting that in Challenge League both leaders, FC Jumonji Ventus and NGU Loveledge Nagoya lost their first points of the season today (so no team in any of Japanese top 3 divisions has a perfect record anymore).

Meanwhile Tsukuba FC Ladies had 4 draws out of 5 matches. :giggle:

16. pierre bezukhov

pierre bezukhov Member+

AC Milan
    Japan
    Mar 7, 2018
    Japan
    If I said she was "useless" then that was a gross exaggeration and I was obviously wrong. I do not have a problem with Nakano.

Nakano is scoring goals, which is more than I can say for the rest of the team. She is a good player and should be starting for Nojima. The problem is that when she starts Yoko Tanaka does not and that I do not like, because they can both play together. Though Yoko did start and play the whole game yesterday wwith Nakano. There is hope yet!

Most of my frustration is with the manager of Nojima, Noda. Some of her choices are perplexing, which I will not go into, because this is not a Nojima thread.

Usually my problem is with how certain players are being used by the manager not their performance. I feel I do not communicate this very well. This goes for Nadeshiko as well.

blissett repped this.
  17. unepommekun

unepommekun Member+

Beleza
    Japan
    Mar 26, 2018
    Today's result:

Nadeshiko League
    Albi 0-0 Nittaidai
    Beleza (Miyazawa 2, Momiki) 3-0 Mynavi

Nadeshiko League 2
    Harima 0-1 Bunnys (Tanaka)
    Cerezo (Takarada 2, Morinaka) 3-1 Setagaya (Nakayama)
    Orca 0-1 Ehime (Ohya)
    Chifure (Azami, Uetsuji, Nishizawa, Tajima) 4-1 Yamato (Ichihara)

Challenge League East
    Niigata 0-3 JFA (Shirowa, Ito, Matsukubo)
    Tokiwagi 0-3 NORD (Mitsuhori, Marugata, Miura)

Challenge League West
    Kibi 0-1 Ange Violet (Miyamoto)
    Cerezo Girls (Takawa, Hamano) 2-3 Belle (Adachi, Ichikawa, Kiryu)

Manchester Nadeshiko and blissett repped this.
  18. blissett

blissett Member+

Aug 20, 2011
    Italy
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    Mmm, I've got the feeling Beleza could run away with the title once again... :cautious:

"Training partner" Miyazawa scored a brace: will traniing partner players be part of a training camp in Japan only, or willthey follow the team in Europe also?

Tokiwagi's and Kibi's records this season are really abysmal. They were good teams, once, this is sad. :unsure:

Meanwhile, a goal for good old Nanase Kiryu. :)

19. unepommekun

unepommekun Member+

Beleza
    Japan
    Mar 26, 2018
  20. blissett

blissett Member+

Aug 20, 2011
    Italy
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    Lots of interesting results in Division 2, today:

- the clash at the top ends with the first loss in the league for Orca, after 8 matchdays. Subsequently, Ehime FC Ladies replace Orca FC Kamogawa at the top of the rankings! :eek: Considering that even Cerezo could be considered in contantion again, after beating former third-placed (now 4th-placed) Setagaya, and that Chifure always look dangerous with their veterans (this time is Uetsuji) and catched up with Orca at second place, this league looks incredibly open this year and at least as much interesting as Division 1;

- Another quite unexpected away win is Bunnys', with a goal scored at 90'+1': this is their second win in the league and the first time they leave the relegation-zone, since now they left the 8th place to Yamato;

- with a brace (one of the goal from penalty kick), Saori Takarada keeps being the top-scorer of Division 2, with an average of more than one goal per game (9 goals so far in 8 match-days). Rie Azami follows at 7 goals. :coffee:

As always, I need first names of some players to be confirmed: JFA's Megumi Ito and Manaka Matukubo, Belle's Miki Ichikawa.

21. blissett

blissett Member+

Aug 20, 2011
    Italy
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    Didn't want to imply that you were having any problem with her. Only wanted to point out that she was more effective than you initially thought.

I sure agree that Yoko Tanaka should get more playing time! :ninja:

22. unepommekun

unepommekun Member+

Beleza
    Japan
    Mar 26, 2018
    Congratulations!

blissett repped this.
  23. blissett

blissett Member+

Aug 20, 2011
    Italy
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    I was wondering if it could be in any way and advantage for Nadeshiko Japan at WWC, the fact that the players have had enough matches in the league to be quite fit, but not enough to actually be tired.

In general, I wonder if National Teams who come to the World Cup after the end of a long domestic season (France, Germany, Spain), involving Women's Champions League also for some of the clubs that are the main contributors to NT, could end being worn out a little compared to NTs whose season is just in the middle (Japan, USA). :coffee:

24. #5nadeshikofan

#5nadeshikofan Member+

May 26, 2012
    Plymouth, Michigan, USA
    Club:
    Vegalta Sendai
    Nat'l Team:
    Japan

Nice tweet by Naomoto about not being called up for NT in - German. Responded to by - Ando.
    They are good friends from what I understand.