Official 2019 Nadeshiko Japan Thread [R] - なでしこジャパン(英語スレッド)

Discussion in 'Japan' started by blissett, Jan 1, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. unepommekun

unepommekun Member+

Beleza
    Japan
    Mar 26, 2018
    Possession vs counter attack

Manchester Nadeshiko repped this.
  2. Lechus7

Lechus7 Member+

Aug 31, 2011
    Wroclaw
    lots of luck (read ref) is keeping Jinagsu in the game

3. Lechus7

Lechus7 Member+

Aug 31, 2011
    Wroclaw
    by counterattack you mean steal the ball by faul and run toward the goalie?;)

4. Manchester Nadeshiko

Ehime F.C. Ladies
    Japan
    Mar 26, 2017
    U.K.

If it was a shirt pulling competition they would have won 25 nil

5. Lechus7

Lechus7 Member+

Aug 31, 2011
    Wroclaw
    Unfortunatelly that's the sanctioned future awaiting us in post WWC2019 times:

defend, don't attack, wait for opponent mistake and then capitalize on one chance, after that slow the game, foul a lot and do everything beside playin the ball. Welcome in Catenaccio times in WoSo...

Beleza players were doing everything in order to score and win the game. For all their effort they were wrong by the ref.
    Jiangsu's were doing everything to stall, foul and steal the game and after this match, I can bet many clueless press people will call this a valid and smart strategy.

Same as they did durnig WWC.

6. Manchester Nadeshiko

Ehime F.C. Ladies
    Japan
    Mar 26, 2017
    U.K.
    #2781 Manchester Nadeshiko, Nov 26, 2019
    Last edited: Nov 26, 2019
    Oh the good old days when conversations about football were brief....so and so beat so and so at the weekend...who scored THE goal

(seem to have got my reference wrong but I think you know what I mean)

Lechus7 repped this.
  7. pierre bezukhov

pierre bezukhov Member+

AC Milan
    Japan
    Mar 7, 2018
    Japan
    The thing is though, this is kind of the way women's football is going to be played now. I am not saying I like it, but it is a pragmatic way to play.

Also Jinagsu are not as good as Beleza at keeping the ball and clearly have some incredibly fast players, so tactically to play on the counter makes a lot of sense. It would be tactically naive to do otherwise. I am also sure that in their own league they are used to having more possession.

I have been saying for a while now that I believe the Nadeshiko League is a bit too nice. As a neutral I enjoy watching the games, but when Nojima play, or lower teams play Beleza I feel they make it way too easy for them to control matches. I am loathe to say it, but I think teams in the Nadeshiko League could take a leaf out of Jinagsu's book.

And let us not forget that Beleza are prone to gamesmanship, particularly when it comes to diving.

Anyway, they were the better team today and a bit unlucky not to win. Ueki almost scored a great goal. She looked really dangerous coming off the bench. But when Jinagsu went forward they did look dangerous. It was an interesting match I would like to watch it again

8. Manchester Nadeshiko

Ehime F.C. Ladies
    Japan
    Mar 26, 2017
    U.K.
    Never been a fan of foul play as part of a teams game plan but I fear you may be correct....

(hope it doesn't go down that path as part of my attraction to womens footie in the first place was the lack of foul play)..hey ho

Looking forward to the next game.Brightening up a dark rainy Tuesday morning

blissett and pierre bezukhov repped this.
  9. Manchester Nadeshiko

Ehime F.C. Ladies
    Japan
    Mar 26, 2017
    U.K.
    Day one FIFA / AFC Pilot Tournament

Off to a flying start.........or still waiting for take off ?

Red Angels are definitely flying high

Did anyone else notice referee Yamashita's 'jet' propelled turn of pace in the first half in the second game

10. blissett

blissett Member+

Aug 20, 2011
    Italy
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    Slightly let down by Beleza's result, although nothing is lost for the torunament. I am persuaded that they are the best club in Asia, but of course they'll have to show that in the next games, especially vs the Korean Champions (that, hopefully, at least, will play a more open game).

11. blissett

blissett Member+

Aug 20, 2011
    Italy
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    Let's see if the rest of the international scene can somehow sooth us Japanese fans:

Aussie W-League:

- Round 2: on Sunday, Melbourne City won an away game vs Canberra United by 1-2: Yukari Kinga played the full game, got a Yellow Card in 1st Half and had an absolut leading role in her team's win, since she assisted Mijatovic for the first goal and she was fouled in the box at the last minute of injury-time, resulting in a PK that was converted for the win by Emily Van Egmond. Having had a draw in Round 1, Melbourne City has now 4 points.
    You can see Kinga's prowess in these excellent highlights of the match: https://www.w-league.com.au/video/canberra-united-v-melbourne-city-highlights-westfield-w-league

Division 1 Féminine:

- on Saturday, Soyaux-Olympique Lyon 0-4. The result was round and clear, but, as you will see in highlights, Soyaux had two excellent chances on 0-2 in 2nd Half, and last goal by OL, by Amandine Henry, was possibly an hand-ball.
    Saki Kumagai started and played 80'. OL maintains the three points advantage over PSG they had gained last week after the direct clash, decided, as you surely remember, by an header from our Saki.
    Highlights of the match:

As a bonus, I'll upload these special "Saki Kumagai highlights" from last week's OL-PSG match :); as you can see, apart from the goal, her contribution to the whole game was excellent. I especially like her long-range passes: I'd like to see more of them in Nadeshiko Japan also, but for that we'd need to play her a little higher on the pitch, not as a CB (a role that, unluckily, we absolutely need her for) but as a holding Midfielder, as she's played in OL:

Frauen-Bundesliga:

- Sad news for SC Freiburg, who's lost by 5-0 an away game vs SGS Essen. :unsure: Hikaru Naomoto, for some reason, wasn't even on the bench: I suspect that this could be one of those seasons of recurring injuries for her; unless the reason is that she wasn't back yet from the Challenge NT camp in Japan? :cautious:

- BV Cloppenburg won an away game by 3-5 vs SG 99 Andernach. Both Shiho Tomari and Natsuki Kishikawa were on the pitch for the whole game and Kishikawa scored the third goal for her team, an equalizer on 3-3 at 86' that was the base to build the final win with two other goals in the subsequent 5 minutes. :)

Liga Femenina:

- the top-clash FC Barcelona-Deportivo Abanca was a virtual no contest: 5-1 for the Blaugrana. :unsure: Our Maya Yamamoto started and was subbed-out at 58'. Deportivo is now third-placed, 6 points behind Barcelona.

- Atletico Madrid-Espanyol 3-0, with Ayaka Noguchi playing the whole match. Espanyol still dead-lost in the league.

- To end with some good news from Spain, Sporting Huelva won a game by 2-0 vs Madrid CFF. :) Yoko Tanaka started and even got a YC (@pierre bezukhov will be happy that she fouls more than in Nojima? :giggle:) some minutes before being subbed-out at 79', with her team ahead by 1-0. It's the second consecutive win for Huelva, who finally are out of the relegation zone and now stand in 13th position out of 16 teams.
    As you can see in highlights, where Yoko Yanaka is often mentioned, our player was quite active and well involved in her team's passing game:
    http://www.teleonuba.es/hay-dos-sin-tres-para-un-sporting-que-toma-aire-2-0/

Serie A Femminile:

- Tavagnacco lost another match, an home game vs Inter, with both Kunisawa and Kato on the pitch for the whole game. The team keeps standing in one-to-last position with just 2 points made in 7 games. :unsure:

Rounding up, we had bittersweet moments, but I guess we can we proud of this week's performances from Yukari Kinga, Saki Kumagai and Yoko Tanaka, for what concerns top-level leagues, and Shiho Tomari/Natsuki Kishikawa for German 2nd Division. :)

12. blissett

blissett Member+

Aug 20, 2011
    Italy
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    The website actually says 4-3 Ehime.

13. pierre bezukhov

pierre bezukhov Member+

AC Milan
    Japan
    Mar 7, 2018
    Japan
    We do not really get to watch her to see how she is playing, but the match reports for the last two matches have praised her play, which is a good thing. It looks like she is finding her feet. I hope she keeps it going, though today they played her out on the wing.

If you watch her first match against Athletico she was really good; easily Huelva's best player on that particular day. I hope she continues to play well and a better team picks her up next season.

Lechus7, unepommekun and blissett repped this.
  14. KAPIJXM

KAPIJXM Member+

Nov 18, 2011
    Illa de Arousa,Spain
    Club:
    Celta de Vigo
    Nat'l Team:
    Japan
    Is a valid and smart strategy, defend is an actual thing in football, if not, then we play without defenders and GK and is done.

15. Lechus7

Lechus7 Member+

Aug 31, 2011
    Wroclaw
    #2790 Lechus7, Nov 27, 2019
    Last edited: Nov 27, 2019
    I have nothing against organised defense. Sasaki's Japan has done it for years and look where it get them ;)
    What I don't want to watch instead is raising number of matches were 19 minutes is the actual playing time by the winning side.

Few years back FIFA made 60! program for AFC to encourage Asia teams to have at least 60 minutes of actual playing time in total during the match - all in order to raise entertainment, eliminate time wasting and to catch up with the best standards on display in Europe.
    Maches of best teams at this year WWC often had c.a 50 min actual playing time with USA v FRA 19+28.

I really don't want to watch Catenaccio comeback - didn't like it then, won't like it now.;)

blissett repped this.
  16. Manchester Nadeshiko

Ehime F.C. Ladies
    Japan
    Mar 26, 2017
    U.K.

I follow her Twitter (as I do with quite a few) I know most of the stuff on twitter is superficial but sometimes it does give a flavour of how things are going if you can read between the lines.

Ps AFC Club Champs 2nd games tomorrow

pierre bezukhov repped this.
  17. unepommekun

unepommekun Member+

Beleza
    Japan
    Mar 26, 2018
    Today's good news:

JFA will broadcast all games of Empress's Cup third round on net.

18. pierre bezukhov

pierre bezukhov Member+

AC Milan
    Japan
    Mar 7, 2018
    Japan

Beleza are up.

Melbourne Victory drew earlier.

blissett and Manchester Nadeshiko repped this.
  19. Manchester Nadeshiko

Ehime F.C. Ladies
    Japan
    Mar 26, 2017
    U.K.
    HT Incheon 0 Beleza 0

Good viewing.No goals but much higher quality than the earlier game imo

blissett repped this.
  20. blissett

blissett Member+

Aug 20, 2011
    Italy
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    Wow, I didn't think Melbourne could have made points, after the bashing they had taken from the Red Angels.

I am home from work, so maybe I can watch at least a little of second half (although I'll have to go to dinner at some point later).

21. blissett

blissett Member+

Aug 20, 2011
    Italy
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    Beatiful header from CK action, and Beleza is ahead by 1-0 at 49'! :)

The Corner was taken by Hasegawa and the perfect header in goal was by Ueki, who had also gained the Corner Kick from a deflection of a shot in the previous good action.

Now things get interesting in this tournament! :ninja:

22. blissett

blissett Member+

Aug 20, 2011
    Italy
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    Good actions one after the other by Beleza.

They would need a second goal now that Red Angels will forcibly have to open to try to come back.

Beleza have always showed that they are a very fit team, normally ending the game on a better pace than their opponents, so i am quite optimistic about the final score.

23. blissett

blissett Member+

Aug 20, 2011
    Italy
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    Kobayashi devastating on the Right-Side: Mina Tanaka almost scored from her assist, that was deflected in corner.

24. blissett

blissett Member+

Aug 20, 2011
    Italy
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    Beleza's passing game is almost flawless at the hour mark and Korean players hardly manage to regain possession.

A Tanaka's shot was just a little higher over the crossbar; it's a shame: I didn't watch first half, but looking at this second half it seems to me that Beleza would deserve a two goals advantage and I wouldn't want to see some kind of random equalizer later... :cautious:

25. blissett

blissett Member+

Aug 20, 2011
    Italy
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    I had never seen this #25 DF play for Beleza: Wakaba Goto, if I read well from the line-up. Was she taken from Menina? Had she much playing time in this season? She looks quite good.