Official 2018 Samurai Blue thread

Discussion in 'Japan' started by Samurai Warrior, Dec 24, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Suren01

Suren01 Member+

Apr 9, 2012
    Netherlands
    Nat'l Team:
    Iraq
    Wow, why sack the coach 2 months prior to the World Cup? Harsh move IMO

verde água repped this.
  2. Gordon1995

Gordon1995 Member+

Oct 3, 2013
    Agree. There is no point sacking him 2 months before the WC, if they wanted to, they should have done it earlier. Okada also did not do well before the WC in 2010, and they did not sack him. Vahid was just trying to find the best XI for Japan in the past few games imo.

Testator repped this.
  3. Samurai Warrior

Samurai Warrior Member+

Dec 2, 2008
    Nat'l Team:
    Japan

4. +PL+

+PL+ Member+

Jun 22, 2015
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Apparently Vahid is gone now! Why did you guys sack him now? Was anything wrong with him? Can someone elaborate on this?

5. Whispered11

Whispered11 Member+

U.C. Sampdoria
    Japan
    Oct 4, 2011
    Munich, Germany
    Club:
    UC Sampdoria
    Nat'l Team:
    Japan
    Not first time. Also Cote d'Ivoire fired him 4-5 months before WC.

6. Samurai Warrior

Samurai Warrior Member+

Dec 2, 2008
    Nat'l Team:
    Japan
    #131 Samurai Warrior, Apr 9, 2018
    Last edited: Apr 9, 2018
    Official: Akita Nishino will manage Japan at the WC.

He will have a press conference on Thursday, where he will announce his staff, as Vahid's staff are relieved of their duties.

Majster2 repped this.
  7. NaohiroTakahara

NaohiroTakahara Member+

Nov 12, 2013
    Great News ! I won a million today :),so happy! Of course its late but this is a decision with balls :). Has never thought, that JFA will do this. Vahid was ne worst choice ever, maxinum anti fit JNT and it can't be worse. I am very sure the new coach is at least better in terms of motivation and play style. Excellent news, I am now a little optimistic about WC :)

Under Vahid Japan was one of the worst teams I ever saw. Not only really good single game in 4 years. It can only be better now, cause worse is impossible cause performance is at the ground.

nipponbasse83, teioh and seolseol repped this.
  8. Gordon1995

Gordon1995 Member+

Oct 3, 2013
    If they wanted to, they should have sacked him earlier not two months before the WC. Now may be the wrong timing imo.

9. rougou

rougou Member+

Dec 7, 2003
    Hyogo
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Or you can say, "better late than never" :D

nipponbasse83, teioh and seolseol repped this.
  10. rougou

rougou Member+

Dec 7, 2003
    Hyogo
    Club:
    AS Roma
    #135 rougou, Apr 9, 2018
    Last edited: Apr 9, 2018
    Okada took over from Osim who had Japan playing an offensive style but leaking too many goals. Some Tulio and Nakazawa goof-ups didn't help that either. He fixed this at the world cup, but Vahid won't have a prime Honda, Endo, Okubo, etc to rely on like Okada did. Let's also not forget that under Okada Japan actually played fellow World Cup participants, unlike Vahid who is playing teams that didn't even qualify. And not only are they losing, but the games have been absolute bore-fests.

teioh and Samurai Warrior repped this.
  11. NaohiroTakahara

NaohiroTakahara Member+

Nov 12, 2013
    I think it's not bad that they fired vahid close before. Football is no science and coaches and systems are overhyped. The important thing by a coach is, that he need to motivate and understand the players and how to use them. Thats all but. Sounds easy but it is not. I am sure the new coach is some better motivator, the rest comes automatically.

Samurai Warrior repped this.
  12. Dax

Dax Moderator
    Staff Member

Feb 29, 2012
    Nat'l Team:
    Japan
    Not a big fan of the decision because as everyone knows I don't really like when the blame is put too much on a coach. And with the world cup so close, they might have as well let him finish the job, even if things didn't look good at all (but it was kinda the same in 2010).
    At the same time, I reckon that his tenure hasn't exactly been exciting, it's hard to pinpoint any achievement whatsoever... but I guess after Bigsoccer's jinxs it was bound to happen

About Nishino: I'm behind the JFA in the decision to pick a japanese coach. I don't think it would've made any sense to pick a foreigner now. But Nishino hasn't coached since 2014 if I'm not wrong and his last two stints, with Kobe and Nagoya, have both been disasters. He's also been notoriously close to JSP, so I hope he doesn't give any preference to Usami and the likes...
    I think that at this point Naohiro is spot on: a lot will depend on the movations too. Let's see what happens in the pre-WC friendlies.

Mostly because he plays uninspiring football. He didn't do too well at the Olympics but he also won the last AFC.

13. verde água

verde água Member

São Paulo
    Oct 4, 2017
    São Bernardo do Campo
    Now that it's only 2 months until the WC, Nishino can't suddenly change the system the players have been used to for the last 3 years, so he will have to keep the 4-2-3-1.
    But he can call new players, like Doan and Muto. He should also keep the good defensive organization of the team, and call several assistants, I think Moriyasu and Teguramori could work with him in this WC.

14. Testator

Testator Member+

Glasgow Celtic
    Croatia
    Sep 5, 2017
    Croatian coast
    Surprised that Halil got sacked for losses in friendly games.

15. Samurai Warrior

Samurai Warrior Member+

Dec 2, 2008
    Nat'l Team:
    Japan

JSP?

16. NaohiroTakahara

NaohiroTakahara Member+

Nov 12, 2013
    I think Japan did very well at the last olympics. Saw all games. They played very creative offensive but very worse in defense...in terms of Teguramori

17. Gordon1995

Gordon1995 Member+

Oct 3, 2013
    I hope he doesn't flood the JNT with Gamba players, players like Shu Kurata should not be there.
    One thing I am worried about is the defense, his Gamba team is known for letting in a lot of goals and the JNT does not have a CB pairing like Tulio and Nakazawa who have good chemistry plus a prime Hasebe. Yoshida seems to be not match fit and it is hard to guess who will he choose as his first choice CB pairing so close to the WC. Honestly, I prefer if someone like Okada took over.

nipponbasse83 repped this.
  18. verde água

verde água Member

São Paulo
    Oct 4, 2017
    São Bernardo do Campo
    Shit, the last thing JNT needs now is a manager with bad defense organization.

19. Dax

Dax Moderator
    Staff Member

Feb 29, 2012
    Nat'l Team:
    Japan
  20. Samurai Warrior

Samurai Warrior Member+

Dec 2, 2008
    Nat'l Team:
    Japan
  21. NaohiroTakahara

NaohiroTakahara Member+

Nov 12, 2013
    Common guys. The coach change can only be good. What worse can happen ? Out of the group stage? That would be the most likely option under Vahid when you see how hard the qualification was in Terms of performence and the overall team spirit. Japan played like 3rd or 4th division team. I think its all about motivation.

22. takeuchi

takeuchi Member+

Jan 20, 2013
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    yup.. his record against decent sides are awful too

https://www.nikkansports.com/soccer...m_medium=social&utm_campaign=nikkansports_ogp

23. teioh

teioh Member+

Apr 17, 2012
    JFA strike again!
    Bye bye Vahid, go in vacation with that Aguirre guy ;D
    This Japan was one of the borest ever, nearly killed my interest for the team and I was wishing for a Japanese coach since ages.
    Okada should be the right choice but actually whoever will coach let's hope he doesn't fail to call the right men and motivate them .

24. nipponbasse83

nipponbasse83 Member+

Jun 17, 2007
    Ichikawa, Chiba, Japan
    Club:
    Consadole Sapporo
    Nat'l Team:
    Norway
    No need to be rude and condescending.

Everything @NaohiroTakahara wrote is based on stats. And it's true. Just because it seems you have a personal vendetta against players like Hosogai and Muto doesn't mean you have to go down that road.

It's ok to disagree, but in most of the discussions regarding Japan NT players I can not recall a single time where you have actually backed up your opinion with anything. You say Muto is sh*t and Osako is God so that's it?

That's not how a discussion let alone a forum works.

25. nipponbasse83

nipponbasse83 Member+

Jun 17, 2007
    Ichikawa, Chiba, Japan
    Club:
    Consadole Sapporo
    Nat'l Team:
    Norway
    Great post!