Official 2018 Samurai Blue thread

Discussion in 'Japan' started by Samurai Warrior, Dec 24, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Samurai Warrior

Samurai Warrior Member+

Dec 2, 2008
    Nat'l Team:
    Japan
    #726 Samurai Warrior, Jul 3, 2018
    Last edited: Jul 3, 2018
    Carlos Queiroz with Moriyasu as his assistant.

Queiroz has a great history of nurturing young talents, improving discipline, developing tactics, and strengthening the defence.

He coached:

1- Portugal U-20 and led them to win two U-20 World Cups.
    2- Nagoya Grampus for full season in 1997 (already had knowledge of Japanese football and J-League).
    3- UAE and South Africa, leading the latter to 2002 WC (having experience with African and Arab football).
    4- Being assistant coach under Sir Alex Ferguson at Manchester United (with Sir Alex being eager to appoint him as his successor).
    5- Real Madrid (Zidane, Figo and Beckham all played under his management).
    6- Portugal senior NT (2010 WC campaign).
    7- Iran senior NT for more than 7 years (having good knowledge of Asian football, and dominating the WC qualifying group in both 2014 and 2018 WC cycles. He knows how to beat South Korea, as he never lost against them, having 4 wins/1 draw record against the Koreans).

For me, if Japan will go for a foreginer, then let it be Carlos Queiroz.

teioh and Kakeru repped this.
  2. Kakeru

Kakeru Member+

Manchester United
    Japan
    Feb 22, 2016
    Montréal, QC, Canada
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Japan
    Queiroz is a very good shout, but I don't think Iran will let him go that easily. Besides, the Iranian project is Queiroz's baby.

There is a rumor floating that the JFA may be trying to get in touch with Jürgen Klinsmann (Article). Can anybody confirm this?

3. What an idiots. He's tactically an airfilled paperbag.

Whispered11 repped this.
  4. naopon

naopon Member+

Jan 2, 2007
    California
    Club:
    Kawasaki Frontale
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I would kind of prefer someone with experience in Spanish football (as well as a national team track record) - no, not talking about the tiki-taka stuff - to have the team play with sound positioning and movement.

And what about Juan Carlos Osorio? Though the US might be after him...

5. Samurai Warrior

Samurai Warrior Member+

Dec 2, 2008
    Nat'l Team:
    Japan
    Queiroz had experience in Spanish football.

Osorio could not direct his players at the World Cup, everyone of them kept dribbling the ball and shoot it instead of passing it to a team-mate in a better scoring position. A potent coach with good player management will advice them to pass it when passing is the best option.

Kakeru repped this.
  6. teioh

teioh Member+

Apr 17, 2012
    I know it's idiotic but Fabio Capello did a good analysis of Japan - Belgium and I'd like to see him coaching Japan in the next Asian Cup.

7. seolseol

seolseol Member+

Apr 26, 2003
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Anyone announced they will retire from NT yet?

8. SamuraiBlue2002

SamuraiBlue2002 Member+

Dec 20, 2008
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    Japan
    Hasebe is the only one who has officially announced his retirement.

teioh and seolseol repped this.
  9. naopon

naopon Member+

Jan 2, 2007
    California
    Club:
    Kawasaki Frontale
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Gotoku also announced his retirement from the national team.

seolseol repped this.
  10. seolseol

seolseol Member+

Apr 26, 2003
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Hasebe will leave a huge hole. Damn makes me sad. This was it, can't see who will replace him. Gotoku more suprising but does not cause any panic.

Kakeru repped this.
  11. SandyRavage

SandyRavage Member

Jan 14, 2014
    Scotland
    Club:
    Dundee United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Scotland
    Honda and Hasebe reported by skysports to have announced their retirement

teioh and seolseol repped this.
  12. AtsushiYanagishower

Arsenal
    Japan
    May 29, 2018
    If Klinsmann is appointed I give up.

I think at least until the Asian Cup, JFA should stick with a Japanese manager - somebody who knows the league, knows the up-and-coming players, someone who can craft a new team.

Or Arsene Wenger.

teioh repped this.
  13. AKITOD

AKITOD Member+

Apr 5, 2007
    Hobart, Aust
    Club:
    JEF United Ichihara
    Nat'l Team:
    Japan
    Seriously we can't have a B-level foreign coach unless minimum they know the J.League very well and have experience.

14. Samurai Warrior

Samurai Warrior Member+

Dec 2, 2008
    Nat'l Team:
    Japan
    What did he say?

Any link?

15. Gordon1995

Gordon1995 Member+

Oct 3, 2013
    I agree. Klinsmann is a bit like Vahid in that they are very headstrong and stubborn, will not end well for him like Vahid. I think even Teguramori may be a better choice considering all factors such as language and understand of the J league, etc. Still think Nishino stays or Moriyasu.

16. AKITOD

AKITOD Member+

Apr 5, 2007
    Hobart, Aust
    Club:
    JEF United Ichihara
    Nat'l Team:
    Japan
    Coaches can develop too. Lets keep Nishino.

If nothing else it will be a beautiful 4 years of football

Drew1404, teioh, seolseol and 2 others repped this.
  17. Kakeru

Kakeru Member+

Manchester United
    Japan
    Feb 22, 2016
    Montréal, QC, Canada
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Japan
    Whoever the JFA will choose to be the next head coach, that person and his staff will have to teach tactical pragmatism that can prevent a repeat of the mess like the last 20 minutes of the match against Belgium or the cluster**** against Italy in 2013.

Drew1404 and Samurai Warrior repped this.
  18. AtsushiYanagishower

Arsenal
    Japan
    May 29, 2018
    Exactly.

Why rush to change if we have just seen some of the best football Japan has played in recent memory?

That is of course if Nishino wants to keep the job. If I was him, I would want another 4 years to craft a new team then have another shot at the WC.

19. Gordon1995

Gordon1995 Member+

Oct 3, 2013
    Not sure about Teguramori's current role now, I may be wrong but I think he is an assistant coach or something but I think he should become the full-time defensive coach of JNT. He is not top-class but I think he is at least decent at coaching defense compared to the other Japanese coaches.

Samurai Warrior repped this.
  20. teioh

teioh Member+

Apr 17, 2012
    Sorry can't find nothing in english, anyway:

https://www.foxsports.it/2018/07/02/mondiali-capello-avrei-preso-honda-per-il-collo/

He said he would have strangled Honda in the locker room after the match for that disgrace of a ck and that the whole team was totally "unconscious" (this means something like irresponsible in italian) in the last minutes.
    Surely he didn't give a feck about Agony of Doha (if he ever know it).
    However it seems Capello retired from football then who cares.

Even Zac talk in GdS today:

https://www.gazzetta.it/Calcio/Mond...e-unico-vi-racconto-perche-280341155237.shtml

A lot of rhetorical chatters praising Japan for cleaning the locker room etc but if you read between the lines he claims that the majority of players was the ones he choose/formed and the tactics were the same of his time lacking only of "malice" something unknown by japanese footballers (imo this is a sympathy way to say they are tards honor fanatics and shit).

Anyway what Japan achieved in this WC had aroused the interest of italian media and this is remarkable since it never happen before (not even in 2010).
    Obviously who cares (probably only me =P).

Samurai Warrior and Kakeru repped this.
  21. Dax

Dax Moderator
    Staff Member

Feb 29, 2012
    Nat'l Team:
    Japan
    lmao talk about jumping on the glory train. Dude's 27. Embarassing.

22. HomokHarcos

HomokHarcos Member+

Jul 2, 2014
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  23. seolseol

seolseol Member+

Apr 26, 2003
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Klinsmann, ugh.

Kawashima retires too?

24. Interiores

Interiores Member

East Tokyo United
    Japan
    Jun 3, 2016
    Japan
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Nat'l Team:
    Japan
    #749 Interiores, Jul 4, 2018
    Last edited: Jul 4, 2018
    I just only hope that was a bogus news. All of German, why it has to be him?
    There's Roger Schmidt, just steal him from the Chinese.

At why it has to be foreigner, it is to add different PoV or approach at the game of football.
    Belgium's counter is a growing trend in the BPL, i doubt Nishino and co. preparing for that spesific kind of threat. Yes they've been doing incredible job set the team to extract every bit of a current ability of the players, but there's still something lacking to achieve a real impact to a world class football. I still think this achievement partly is a credit of Halilhodzic work. Yes maybe he set the team wrongly, but he manage to instill the confidence in our players at how to approach one to one battles.

Of course it has to be a proper foreign coach though. Some random choice like Klinsi, Scolari wouldn't work. As it has been proved by KFA with Uli

Samurai Warrior repped this.
  25. rougou

rougou Member+

Dec 7, 2003
    Hyogo
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Probably because Nagatomo said he wants to play again in four years time, heh. Gotoku will never get his chance.

teioh, Marco91, seolseol and 1 other person repped this.