Official 2018 Nadeshiko Japan Thread [R] - なでしこジャパン(英語スレッド)

Discussion in 'Japan' started by blissett, Jan 1, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. unepommekun

unepommekun Member+

Beleza
    Japan
    Mar 26, 2018
    Nadeshiko Japan will participate in Tournament of Nations (September 26 ~ August 2).
    vs USA, Brazil and Australia

2. blissett

blissett Member+

Aug 20, 2011
    Italy
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    This time I won't object if we get badly beaten because of experimental line-ups, as long as we subsequently win WWC 2019! :p

3. Manchester Nadeshiko

Ehime F.C. Ladies
    Japan
    Mar 26, 2017
    U.K.
    Post WAC success everything is so different.
    It feels like we can do it (get results) when we really need to so I agree lets try out the players who are shining this season just in case there are more discoveries to to made like Risa Shimizu was at Algarve Cup
    However I would like to see Takakura san take the return game against the Matilda's seriously.

League stuff......Beleza...still no Sakaguchi last weekend and Mina gets the captains armband over Iwashimizu.
    Looking at the body language last weekend would indicate it aint a happy camp,

blissett repped this.
  4. unepommekun

unepommekun Member+

Beleza
    Japan
    Mar 26, 2018
    Tomorrow's games:

Nadeshiko League
    Inac vs Jef 12:00
    Urawa vs Nagano 14:00
    Beleza vs Nittaidai 14:00

Nadeshiko League 2
    Orca vs Nippatsu 11:00
    Chifure vs Shizuoka 13:00
    Iga vs Harima 13:00

Challenge League East
    Tsukuba vs NORD 13:00

5. #5nadeshikofan

#5nadeshikofan Member+

May 26, 2012
    Plymouth, Michigan, USA
    Club:
    Vegalta Sendai
    Nat'l Team:
    Japan
    6.5 hours drive from Detroit (worse than the 2015 game in the Netherlands) and during the week. Scheduled right in time for rush-hour traffic in greater Chicago and at the same weekend as the lolapalooza festival. What were the organizers thinking? Why not at the weekend to combine the game with a visit to Chicago? What men‘s sport got in the way? Sorry... off soapbox.

6. KAPIJXM

KAPIJXM Member+

Nov 18, 2011
    Illa de Arousa,Spain
    Club:
    Celta de Vigo
    Nat'l Team:
    Japan
    Maybe is August 26th and September 2nd, no? Sounds weird to me.

And #5nadeshikofan, I don't know if can be for this reason, but August 31st start the male basketball world championship, and you know how much americans love basketball.

7. #5nadeshikofan

#5nadeshikofan Member+

May 26, 2012
    Plymouth, Michigan, USA
    Club:
    Vegalta Sendai
    Nat'l Team:
    Japan
    Manchester Nadeshiko repped this.
  8. unepommekun

unepommekun Member+

Beleza
    Japan
    Mar 26, 2018
    blissett repped this.
  9. blissett

blissett Member+

Aug 20, 2011
    Italy
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    Lol, it was so obvious that I hadn't even noticed that you had written September! :laugh:

10. unepommekun

unepommekun Member+

Beleza
    Japan
    Mar 26, 2018
    Today's result:

Nadeshiko League
    Inac (Nakajima) 1-0 Jef
    Urawa (Kato) 1-0 Nagano
    Beleza (Tanaka, Momiki) 2-0 Nittaidai

Nadeshiko League 2
    Orca (Matsunaga, Diaz) 2-1 Nippatsu (Nagasawa)
    Chifure (Ito, Arakawa) 2-1 Shizuoka (Hirano)
    Iga (Takeshima, Shimojo) 2-0 Harima

Challenge League East
    Tsukuba 0-0 NORD

Manchester Nadeshiko and blissett repped this.
  11. unepommekun

unepommekun Member+

Beleza
    Japan
    Mar 26, 2018
    Tomorrow's games:

Nadeshiko League
    Cerezo vs Nojima 12:00
    Mynavi vs Albi 13:00

Nadeshiko League 2
    Belle vs Bunnys 13:00
    Ehime vs Setagaya 13:00

Challenge League East
    Tokiwagi vs Niigata 11:00
    Yamato vs Jumonji 13:00

Challenge League West
    Kibi vs Konomiya 13:00
    Ange Violet vs Nagoya 13:00
    Cerezo Girls vs JFA 15:30

Manchester Nadeshiko and blissett repped this.
  12. blissett

blissett Member+

Aug 20, 2011
    Italy
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    I rewatched the goals on mycujoo: nothing really outstanding, in my opinion. :coffee:

Good old Chika Kato (she was one of the key-players when Urawa Ladies won their last title in 2014) scored her second goal of the season: she can become important for Urawa and the match vs Nagano was a key-one to decide if they had any chance to fight for the title, after losing to INAC the previous week.

Did I see right that it was the Shark who had that middle-range shot that was deflected in goal by Nakajima in the INAC game? :cautious:

It's noteworthy (and another sign of Beleza's difficult time this year) that today's late effort vs last-place-ranked Nittaidai was first goal of the season for Yuka Momiki, who used to be a much more prolific player in previous seasons. :coffee:

Wow, Hannah Diaz scored again for the third consecutive week! :eek: This American playing in Kamogawa has to be quite good!

Also, third goal in the league for Eriko Arakawa too: I'd like to know what's the record for the older scorer in Nadeshiko League Division 2 (or Challenge League, when it had that name), because I guess, at 38 and a half, Arakawa surely shouldn't be that far from that record.
    By the way, it looks like Saitama won an incredible match at the last moment because of their veterans: according to Nadeshiko League Website, they were losing by 0-1, then Kanako Ito equalized at 90'+1' and Eriko Arakawa scored the winner at 90'+2'!!! :eek:

Meanwhile, waiting for the clash between their direct rivals of Ehime and Setagaya tomorrow, Iga FC Kunoichi get back at first place.

By the way: Division 2 currently has three teams at the top, five teams in the middle, all at 8 points (!) and two teams at the bottom (Bunnys and Belle, also clashing tomorrow).

13. unepommekun

unepommekun Member+

Beleza
    Japan
    Mar 26, 2018
    She appeared yesterday for the first time this season after injury absence.

blissett repped this.
  14. blissett

blissett Member+

Aug 20, 2011
    Italy
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    Oh, ok: then it's very good that she has scored at her debut! :) Sorry for the fact I didn't have correct and compete information: now that she's back, Momiki can be a very good weapon for Beleza in the long run for the title.

15. blissett

blissett Member+

Aug 20, 2011
    Italy
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    NWSL update:

- Sky Blue FC-North Carolina Courage 1-2. Courage keep the lead. Still no trace of Kawamura.

- Seattle Reign FC-Chicago Red Stars 0-0. Utsugi played full game, Naho was subbed-out at 72'. A few minutes later Nagasato was subbed-in for Chicago. Reign retain second place in the league. Chicago was caught up by another team at 12 points: formally, they're still at 3rd place, but they are tied with two teams beating their goal difference and having 1 or 2 games in hand to them (so, currently they would be out of play-offs).
    Highlights:

unepommekun repped this.
  16. unepommekun

unepommekun Member+

Beleza
    Japan
    Mar 26, 2018
    Today's result:

Nadeshiko League
    Nojima (Tanaka Mebae, Minamino, Ishida) 3-1 Cerezo (Tanaka Tomoko)
    Mynavi (ManYa, Sakai) 2-4 Albi (Sonoda, Obara, Sakaguchi, Ohishi)

Nadeshiko League 2
    Belle 0-0 Bunnys
    Ehime (Yamashiro, Akune) 2-2 Setagaya (Umezu, Nemoto)

Challenge League East
    Tokiwagi (Nakamura) 1-2 Niigata (Miura, Kaneshige)
    Yamato (Ohya) 1-3 Jumonji (Noguchi, Nakahara, Kobayashi)

Challenge League West
    Kibi (Ikejiri 2) 2-0 Konomiya
    Ange Violet (Adachi) 1-1 Nagoya (Nozaki)
    Cerezo Girls 0-3 JFA (Watanabe, Kadowaki, Togawa)

17. blissett

blissett Member+

Aug 20, 2011
    Italy
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    And with this, Arisa Minamino now leads alone top-scorers' rankings with 6 goals.
    But I guess there is another sensational player in Nojima, today, and this is Yoko Tanaka. :cool: Correct me if I am wrong, but, judging from highlights on mycujoo, it seems to me that Tanayo had the assists for all three goals of the day!!! :eek:
    It's a shame that Nadeshiko League website doesn't keep track of the assists as NWSL or Frauen-Bundesliga do (or, at least, I don't think it does, does it? :cautious:), because I guess our favourite Yoko, despite having scored just one goal so far, would be quite high-ranked in the art of making the other players score. Please, Takakura, giving at least an after-thought to her? :p

Nojima Stella Kanagawa is a team who's playing a distinct brilliant brand of football right now (in fact they're currently alone at third place, behind INAC and Beleza, but ahead of Urawa and Nagano): if they keep on this way, can Takakura ignore all of them except Takagi, or will she be forced to give a call to some players? In this moment, Minamino is a goal-machine, and Tanayo makes the whole team click. Mebae Tanaka, Ishida, Kawashima are looking like good players anyway.

This week, this is the game we don't get highlights of from mycujoo :sleep:, but anyway I don't think we need footage to conclude that Vegalta's season is being really mediocre :unsure:. If it wasn't for newly promoted teams, they could be easy sucked into the battle to avoid relegation.
    Meanwhile, Albirex goes on goal-frenzy, with Sakaguchi Nr.2 setting her personal tally at 4 and many players scoring their first of the season, including young Sonoda and another one who used to score a lot, Sayaka Oishi. After my slip about Momiki, I won't speculate about the reason why she hadn't scored so far. :giggle:

Well, draws keep the situation quite unchanged. :sleep: Bunnys and Belle look quite hopeless at the bottom, while Ehime Ladies catch up with Iga at first place, but have a worse goal difference.

This Noguchi looks like a recent signing for Jumonji Ventus: is she the same Aya Noguchi who was playing in INAC Kobe Leonessa some time ago? :cautious:

Challenge League West
    For records, with today's brace Mayu Ikejiri is at 9 goals in 7 match-days. Her whole team scored 13. :cool: These are some numbers.

18. unepommekun

unepommekun Member+

Beleza
    Japan
    Mar 26, 2018
    Yes, Jumonji high school - Inac - Nagano - Jumonji Ventus

blissett repped this.
  19. unepommekun

unepommekun Member+

Beleza
    Japan
    Mar 26, 2018
    Maybe it's just me, but I feel the closest for NT in Nojima but Takagi is Kunitake.
    Kawashima is a good player in all senses, but physically too weak for international stages.

blissett repped this.
  20. blissett

blissett Member+

Aug 20, 2011
    Italy
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    Could you elaborate on what's so special on her and what she could give in particular to NT that's needed?

21. unepommekun

unepommekun Member+

Beleza
    Japan
    Mar 26, 2018
    Because she is pretty.:p Just kidding.
    I can't assess DF's ability precisely, so it's just an irresponsible hunch.

dakota701, frideswide and blissett repped this.
  22. Dernhelm

Dernhelm Member+

May 13, 2014
    Drovers Run
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Philippines
    Hey guys, sharing the photos i took of Japan/Australia (group match) during the recent AFC Women's Asian Cup... yes i made sure to watch at least one match of the Nadeshiko in between very busy schedules as Philippine media liaison and despite some very dire circumstances... i hope you enjoy them, cheers!

23. blissett

blissett Member+

Aug 20, 2011
    Italy
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    Thanks Dernhelm, these are much appreciated!!! :)

Dernhelm repped this.
  24. Dernhelm

Dernhelm Member+

May 13, 2014
    Drovers Run
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Philippines
    Unfortunately i never had the chance to ask anyone outside my own WNT of course for photos... That is my very big regret from WAC2018... I'm not sure when i will be ever able to again... I sometimes cry thinking about it... But it's hard because my situation was really tough... Work-wise and personally...

Lechus7 and unepommekun repped this.
  25. blissett

blissett Member+

Aug 20, 2011
    Italy
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    We all know, Dernhelm, and we are close to you.

And don't worry, I am sure you'll get another chance for photos and all, as well as your wonderful NT will have. :)