Official 2018 Nadeshiko Japan Thread [R] - なでしこジャパン(英語スレッド)

Discussion in 'Japan' started by blissett, Jan 1, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. blissett

blissett Member+

Aug 20, 2011
    Italy
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    I am happy that a young player (former captain of U-20 at WWC 2012) that had been on the verge of retirement, keeps going on with her career. :)

Oh. :unsure: We will miss her wonderful FKs and middle-range shoots. I guess the move from JEF to Urawa didn't make her career take off the way she was probably hoping.

And with that, I guess Vegalta's idea of moving on the foreign market aborted. Signing Australian stars didn't really pay back (although their contribution for sure wasn't irrelevant). I wonder if they felt good in Japan: we didn't hear much from them (although actually we didn't look for info either). I remember that, at the time, American INAC's players (Bev, Becky) seemed to have an awesome experience in Japan: I wonder if Vegalta's Aussie players felt equally at ease.
    About Cameron, actually I always saw her as a quite mediocre GK. She could make great saves, sure (sometimes not many GK in Japan can do), but she could also be easily surprised by harmless crosses from the sides turning into goals. I would have preferred Vegalta trying to develop some Japanese GKs than recur to her. For instance, Wasn't Rei Takenaka a reserve-GK at Vegalta for a long-time? Yes, she then found a starting place, but I guess she only flourished when she moved to INAC.

She has a brief stint, around 2012-2013, while playing in Albirex, when she seemed very good and even had some call in Senior NT. Then, it somehow went downhill from there. Frankly, I don't see her as really relevant in a JEF team that's packed-up with offensive players who are much younger and much more technical than her.

This could be the most interesting move of them all, if that "Overseas?" becomes "Overseas!".
    Shiho Tomari was a sensation when she was playing alongside Yokoyama in Second Division and once (it was 2015) she even scored 6 goals (!!!) in a single game. Takakura has sometimes called her in Senior WNT (most notably for Tournament of Nations this year) but she never really convinced and she always looked a little rough around the edges. Thus, if there is a player who could benefit from playing overseas and maybe turn into a legitimate NT choice, this is probably her. On the other hand, I am afraid she isn't a big enough name to get interest from Frauen-Bundesliga or NWSL; she could end in some minor leagues (or some middle-ones). I am anyway very curious to see how this is going to end for her. :)

Out of the two Nishikawas in Div. 1, I guess this is the one who was another U-20 WWC prospect who didn't quite deliver in Senior football. I wish to her to become the next Yokoyama + Tomari in Nagano. :giggle: (Brief worry: is Nagano still strong enough for Division 1, right now? :cautious:).

Oh, this is sad! :unsure: Two historical Stella's players, who were there in the long process of promotion in Div.1, who stop with football. I guess Pao is quite young, but she actually didn't find much playing time this season, not sure if for injuries or technical choice.

Nice GK prospect once, now solid if uninspiring choice. I guess she can do well at Stella (their old Canadian GK went back to Canada long ago, didn't she?)

Wow, she was even captain of Vegalta this year, after some seasons ruined by injuries, I guess.
    Is Orca trying to put a "promotion team" together? :cautious:

If this is the same girl that Full Bloom Guidebook used to list as Takikawa (I am aware that "g" and "k" are very similar in Japanese), it should be a good signing: she scored lots of goals in Challenge League. On second thoughts, Nagano's offense should just be ok. :)

dakota701 and unepomme repped this.
  2. Lechus7

Lechus7 Member+

Aug 31, 2011
    Wroclaw

Possible move to Spain? KAP?

3. shlj

shlj Member+

Apr 16, 2007
    London
    Club:
    FC Nantes
    Nat'l Team:
    France
    An update, the two games against Japan will be played at the U20 World Cup grounds. France U20 will play two games in March at two grounds and two games in April against Japan in the other two grounds.

The FFF have not told us which ground have been selected yet for the Japan games but games will be in two of those four grounds.

Attached Files:

4. KAPIJXM

KAPIJXM Member+

Nov 18, 2011
    Illa de Arousa,Spain
    Club:
    Celta de Vigo
    Nat'l Team:
    Japan
    Mmm... maybe, I don't understand catalonian very well, but I gues it says:
    "Shinobu Ohno, a referent of japanese football (and I guess a world referent too) was present in the wednesday morning training in Ciuta Esportiva. An special visit in today's training"

Judge yourself ;)

unepomme, Lechus7 and blissett repped this.
  5. unepomme

unepomme Member+

Jan 21, 2010
    Club:
    Sanfrecce Hiroshima FC
    For blissett, Takara Ryoko mailed to Kawasumi Nahomi. She asked Naho to put her retirement in Naho's blog.

blissett repped this.
  6. blissett

blissett Member+

Aug 20, 2011
    Italy
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    Oh, so she decided to retire? It's somehow a shame: she had maybe had one of her most brillinat seasons in Norway, before LSK-Kvinner decided to put her on the shelf mid-season. :unsure:

Naho keeps being her friendly self. :giggle: I can believe that Takara wanted to speak through her blog!

7. #5nadeshikofan

#5nadeshikofan Member+

May 26, 2012
    Plymouth, Michigan, USA
    Club:
    Vegalta Sendai
    Nat'l Team:
    Japan
  8. unepomme

unepomme Member+

Jan 21, 2010
    Club:
    Sanfrecce Hiroshima FC
    Today's result:

University Championship semifinal

Daitaidai 1-2 Kanagawa
    Toyo 2-3 Waseda

Manchester Nadeshiko and blissett repped this.
  9. blissett

blissett Member+

Aug 20, 2011
    Italy
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    Can Kanagawa anyway stop Waseda? I don't think so: Waseda even kicked INAC out of Empress' Cup, lately. :coffee:

10. unepomme

unepomme Member+

Jan 21, 2010
    Club:
    Sanfrecce Hiroshima FC
    Kanagawa is a technique-oriented team, so a few of this year graduates go to Nadeshiko League or Challenge League.
    But of course Waseda would be the favorite.

blissett repped this.
  11. unepomme

unepomme Member+

Jan 21, 2010
    Club:
    Sanfrecce Hiroshima FC
    Scorers:
    Daitaidai - Nagamachi
    Kanagawa - Tanaka Mebae (Nojima) Umezu (Setagaya)
    Toyo - Kusunoki, Ohuchi
    Waseda - Kawano, Miura, Kumagai

blissett repped this.
  12. blissett

blissett Member+

Aug 20, 2011
    Italy
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    Kawano always is on the score-board. I wonder if she's going to join some Nadeshiko League club anytime soon...

13. unepomme

unepomme Member+

Jan 21, 2010
    Club:
    Sanfrecce Hiroshima FC
  14. unepomme

unepomme Member+

Jan 21, 2010
    Club:
    Sanfrecce Hiroshima FC
    She still has one more year in Waseda.

blissett repped this.
  15. unepomme

unepomme Member+

Jan 21, 2010
    Club:
    Sanfrecce Hiroshima FC
    blissett repped this.
  16. unepomme

unepomme Member+

Jan 21, 2010
    Club:
    Sanfrecce Hiroshima FC
    Today's result:

University Championship third place match
    Daitaidai (Honda) 1-0 Toyo
    Kanagawa 0-1 Waseda (Nakamura)

17. blissett

blissett Member+

Aug 20, 2011
    Italy
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    Knew Waseda would have made it. ;)

18. Lechus7

Lechus7 Member+

Aug 31, 2011
    Wroclaw
  19. blissett

blissett Member+

Aug 20, 2011
    Italy
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
  20. unepomme

unepomme Member+

Jan 21, 2010
    Club:
    Sanfrecce Hiroshima FC
    Do you recognize her?
    [​IMG]

21. unepomme

unepomme Member+

Jan 21, 2010
    Club:
    Sanfrecce Hiroshima FC
    Did you know who she is at once?:eek:
    Another one for her Coming-of- Age Day:
    [​IMG]

22. blissett

blissett Member+

Aug 20, 2011
    Italy
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    Oh, my: I must admit I don't! :eek: What kind of monster have I become? :x3:

23. unepomme

unepomme Member+

Jan 21, 2010
    Club:
    Sanfrecce Hiroshima FC
    blissett and Manchester Nadeshiko repped this.
  24. blissett

blissett Member+

Aug 20, 2011
    Italy
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    I hope she's signed by some club: apparently, she's looking for that in this England-tour and it would be a very good and farsighted choice for a young talent like her. :ninja:

25. blissett

blissett Member+

Aug 20, 2011
    Italy
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    Just to bump up the stats of the thread in a pretty quiet month, I am going to give updates from overseas players in separated posts. :giggle:
    (Joking: I just feel it's more tidy this way and easier for me than having to write a whole big post at a single time :p).

Aussie-W-League update:

- Melbourne City's appalling defense let them down once again, as they lose the derby vs Melbourne Victory by 1-2, after taking the lead in 2nd half.
    Kinga (who missed a goal) played the whole match. Her team now regressed at 4th place, but at the moment it remains in a play-off-granting position.
    Highlights: https://www.w-league.com.au/video/full-time-highlights-melbourne-victory-v-melbourne-city

unepomme and Lechus7 repped this.