Official 2018 Nadeshiko Japan Thread [R] - なでしこジャパン(英語スレッド)

Discussion in 'Japan' started by blissett, Jan 1, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. blissett

blissett Member+

Aug 20, 2011
    Italy
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    If Yuki actually wants to come back to NT, though; we're still uncertain about that (although a conversation I had about that with Kei Matubara in Concarneau last month allows me to hypothesize that there is at least a possibility).

The NWSL stats page for Yuki Nagasato that you linked to in your post had some excellent numbers. I'll notice one that's quite uncharacteristic for a Japanese player: 4 Yellow Cards! :eek:

unepommekun repped this.
  2. Lechus7

Lechus7 Member+

Aug 31, 2011
    Wroclaw
    I wonder if her getting four yellows isn't because of some stereotype...Japanese players are expected to play fair and because of that they are held to higher standarts perhaps? That... or she's just another victim of poor officiating in NWSL.

3. blissett

blissett Member+

Aug 20, 2011
    Italy
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    Well, I anyway remember that at least a pair of these YCs looked like they were quite fair. Another one though, if I remember correctly, had been quite harsh.

Lechus7 repped this.
  4. KAPIJXM

KAPIJXM Member+

Nov 18, 2011
    Illa de Arousa,Spain
    Club:
    Celta de Vigo
    Nat'l Team:
    Japan
    Well, great Kumi is back to business, 3 goals in 2 games already :cool:

blissett repped this.
  5. blissett

blissett Member+

Aug 20, 2011
    Italy
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    For those interested, Portland-Seattle is going to start here in about 30 minutes (or maybe even less, not sure). The timing of the match is quite good for us in Europe! :)

Line-ups are already out: Utsugi in the starting 11, Kawasumi on the bench (as she's often been lately).

6. blissett

blissett Member+

Aug 20, 2011
    Italy
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    Yes, Yokoyama is making her presence felt, now that she's back in Nadeshiko League. Probably too much late for Nagano getting back in contention for the title, but anyway impressive. :coffee:

In the relegation battle, nothing has changed, since both Cerezo and Nittaidai have lost their respective home matches with the exact same score (so even goal difference doesn't change for them). Of course, no changes, in this moment, favours Nittaidai, who have the slightest of margins over Cerezo, but actually everything is still open.

Nagano and JEF were paired in the rankings and they remain paired too. Shoko Uemura back to goal (she was scoring in clusters in Division 2) and Risa Fukasawa scores too (I guess everyone knows I like Risa Fukasawa very much :giggle:).

In Division 2, everything (apart from first and last places) remains perfectly balanced, and I guess this draw epitomizes very well the situation in this season: basically second place is up for grabs for anyone! :coffee:

And Challenge League gives the first verdicts of the season instead: todays results should mean that Yamato Sylphid (first team of Kawasumi's career :giggle:) will be directly promoted to Division 2, while Jumonji FC Ventus will have to play-off vs one-to-last Div. 2's team. Congratulations.

Meanwhile, Tokiwagi (!!!) and Tsukuba will have to play-off to avoid being relegated in Regional Leagues.

Please, @unepommekun correct me if I had anything wrong.

I see Norddea Hokkaido didn't play today either: still the aftermath of the earthquake, I suppose. I wish the team and their relatives all the best, and I hope we'll be seeing them back on the pitch very soon! :notworthy::ninja::notworthy:

unepommekun repped this.
  7. blissett

blissett Member+

Aug 20, 2011
    Italy
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    NWSL update:

- Portland Thorns-Seattle Reign 2-1. :( Utsugi was subbed-out at 83', Kawasumi never left the bench. Seattle lost the semifinal and once again they're not going to win NWSL. The only Japanese hope remained is Nagasato, in team with Kerr.
    There are not yet available highlights from this semifinal, so I am going to post them later.

8. TabascoT

TabascoT Member

Dec 1, 2011
    San Francisco, California
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I had to watch the U20WWC much belatedly via the replays. I have some captures but these are the most quintessential Nadeshiko captures to me.\
    Shaking hands with the German players
    U20WWC Japan GER 3.jpg
    Thanking Their fans after the game with England. Small crowd but they still get respect from the team!
    U20WWC Japan ENG4.jpg
    Thanking the English fans who I think were very appreciative of the gesture.
    U20WWC Japan ENG5.jpg

Lechus7 and blissett repped this.
  9. TabascoT

TabascoT Member

Dec 1, 2011
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Tournament captures I found interesting!:cool:
    Team Goal Celebration vs US throwback to the Arakawa era
    U20WWC Japan USA 1.jpg
    Kitamura much changed from the U17 WWC.
    U20WWC Japan USA 2.jpg
    1st Match with Spain
    U20WWC Japan Spain1.jpg
    U20WWC Japan Spain2.jpg
    I think the corner flag is playable as a part of the pitch?:unsure:
    U20WWC Japan Spain3.jpg

Lechus7, blissett and unepommekun repped this.
  10. TabascoT

TabascoT Member

Dec 1, 2011
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Knock out round captures!!:thumbsup::)
    Pre-Match Cheer!!
    U20WWC Japan GER 2.jpg
    Ueki calls for her pass to goal!!
    U20WWC Japan GER 2.jpg
    Celebration of Ueki's goal!
    U20WWC Japan ENG1.jpg
    Endo's Goal!!
    U20WWC Japan GER 2.jpg

Attached Files:

11. TabascoT

TabascoT Member

Dec 1, 2011
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Captures from the Final Match!!:thumbsup::)
    U20WWC Japan Final 1.jpg
    I think Fuka Nagano was the most ecstatic being captain of U17 winners and losing as the U20 captain. She gets her championship, just not as captain!
    U20WWC Japan Final 2.jpg
    Nagano gets her Finals Goal!!
    U20WWC Japan Final 3.jpg

12. TabascoT

TabascoT Member

Dec 1, 2011
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Captures from the Awards
    U20WWC Japan Final Award 1.jpg
    U20WWC Japan Final Award 2.jpg
    Nagano is fired up for the trophy Lift!!
    U20WWC Japan Final 4.jpg

U20WWC Japan Final Award 3.jpg
    Always a good sign when you are getting the end of tour tournament awards from a laundry basket!!!
    U20WWC Japan Final Award 4.jpg

Attached Files:

Lechus7, And G, blissett and 1 other person repped this.
  13. blissett

blissett Member+

Aug 20, 2011
    Italy
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    Our players fully deserved the Fair Play Award not only for their disciplinary record, but also for the respect they have shown to opponents and supporters everywhere and in every match! :)

As I fan who watched two matches in Concarneau, I can tell you: our players always find the time to acknowledge their supporters, no matter how small the crowd is. After the match vs Spain, I was afraid the players would have only stopped to thank the supporters to the other side of the pitch, where the most of Japanese supporters were (with banners and everything): instead, after that, they also turned to the side where I was, although there were much fewer and sparse Japanese supporters there. Riko Ueki signed an autograph to me and when I asked her if she could please beg Nagano by my part to come over to the place where I was too she happily complied and I had Nagano's autograph also (+ Minami's, + Stambaugh's). Stambaugh stopped by for entire minutes making selfies with both children and older fans. In conclusion: each and every player was the personification of kindness to all of the supporters! :notworthy::notworthy::notworthy:

TabascoT and KAPIJXM repped this.
  14. blissett

blissett Member+

Aug 20, 2011
    Italy
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--

Lechus7 repped this.
  15. blissett

blissett Member+

Aug 20, 2011
    Italy
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    I won't extensively follow Spanish League (too much demanding because there are too many teams and too many Japanese players in them), but I want to remind everyone that there is an excellent thread dedicated to Spanish League and WNT, where lately user @Patchouli started uploading lots of good videos! :thumbsup:

To give you an example (but I won't always post videos here), yesterday Erina Yamane's Real Betis lost an home match by 1-2, while Albacete (sporting two Japanese starters, Hitomi Tanaka and Tomo Matsukawa) won by 3-1 vs Madrid CFF:

unepommekun repped this.
  16. frohike

frohike Member

Japan
    Aug 6, 2015
    Spain
    Momiki goal was :inlove:
    Hasegawa is so good. It hurts me to say this, but she is even better than Mana

Lechus7 and unepommekun repped this.
  17. blissett

blissett Member+

Aug 20, 2011
    Italy
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    Yes, Momiki's lob was very beautiful and Hasegawa through-pass that assisted that goal was utterly awesome! :eek: And later in the game Hasegawa's assists for Shimizu's goal was equally outstanding.

By the way, FT Beleza-Nojima 3-0. Tanayo & Co. obvioulsy still miss something and Beleza (although INAC is still battling) could run away with another title... :cautious:

18. unepommekun

unepommekun Member+

Beleza
    Japan
    Mar 26, 2018
    Today's result:

Nadeshiko League
    Urawa (Sugasawa) 1-0 Mynavi
    Beleza (Tanaka, Momiki, Shimizu) 3-0 Nojima
    Inac (Takase) 1-0 Albi

Nadeshiko League 2
    Orca 0-2 Iga (Mori, Takeshima)
    Harima (Okakura, Numata ) 2-0 Belle
    Setagaya 0-1 Shizuoka (Horie)

blissett repped this.
  19. blissett

blissett Member+

Aug 20, 2011
    Italy
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    Beleza-Urawa next Saturday can be another very important match to potentially re-open the league: should Red Diamonds Ladies win, they would stop Beleza at 26 points while climbing at 25. Wins by INAC (in Sendai) and Nojima (in Chiba) on Monday shouldn't be seen as impossible, since Albi and Vegalta are the two teams sitting just above the two relegation-fighters.
    So, by 24th of September (my birthday! :giggle:), we could get the following situation: Beleza and INAC 26 points, Urawa 25, Nojima 23. I hope for this kind of present from the teams! :p

20. And G

And G Member+

Jan 31, 2010
    Club:
    Okayama Yunogo Belle
    I was only able to watch parts of the 1st half of Urawa vs Vegalta and the whole 2nd half of INAC vs Niigata live, but I saw that Wada played for 25 minutes so I watched that bit as well. None of the games seemed particularly interesting; last week was much more exciting.

A couple of observations, mostly confirmations of what I already knew/suspected:
    • Sugita and Nakada are not good enough for the senior Nadeshiko and most likely never will be.
    • Despite possessing a very good left foot, Masuya is dangerous on the right mostly as a creator and not so much as a finisher. It's enough for INAC, but for the Nadeshiko she is much better in the middle or on the left.
    • Nakajima is a good all-round player but lacks any special skills. She's a great utility player but shouldn't start for the senior Nadeshiko at a World Cup.
    • Like Nakajima, Takase for me is a shoe-in as a substitute for the senior Nadeshiko due to her versatility.
    • Sameshima isn't really a defender (like Wada) and certainly not a centre-back. It works in Nadeshiko League but she'll be exposed against top international teams. On the other hand, she's faster than any other Japanese centre-backs, so that should allow the Nadeshiko to play a higher backline and press more aggressively, which might offset her defensive shortcomings. Still, I'd prefer her at left-back.
    • Only Beleza and INAC have decent goalkeepers. As long as this remains the case, no other team will have any realistic chance of winning the league.
    • Niigata's #18 Takizawa Rio seems quite promising. I've never heard of her before, is she well-known around here?

Right, and Miyama is/was a better player than Kawasumi, but Kawasumi and Iwabuchi can play as forwards while Miyama and Hasegawa can't.

unepommekun and blissett repped this.
  21. pierre bezukhov

pierre bezukhov Member+

AC Milan
    Japan
    Mar 7, 2018
    Japan
    I am biased, but Nojima were the better team in the first half. However, you have to make the most of the opportunities you create and they did not. I knew that Beleza would win quite comfortably after Nojima failed to score in the first half. Nojima just ran out of gas and could not keep pressing. The first goal was also very soft.

They become quite ragged at the back in the second half of games.

Beleza just have too much depth. Nojima do not have too many options off the bench. Their best team is pretty much their starting eleven, which means they cannot mix things up tactically. They have to try and poach a striker from somewhere and find some faster players to support Yoko Tanaka and Kawashima.

Hopefully they can finish off the season strongly now that they have played the two toughest teams in the league.

22. blissett

blissett Member+

Aug 20, 2011
    Italy
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    Yes, it happened vs INAC also, last week. Probably it could be a conditioning problem: how often Nojima's player can have training sessions? I'd bet less than INAC and Beleza: most Nadeshiko League teams are semi-professional at best, I'd say.

@And G would tell you that they have... Wada ;) (only take it half-seriously: it's been a running joke for years here on Nadeshiko thread, now. And anyway, you should look back for that time, maybe 4 or 5 seasons ago, when Wada scored directly from CK! :giggle:).

pierre bezukhov repped this.
  23. Lechus7

Lechus7 Member+

Aug 31, 2011
    Wroclaw
    I agree on Momiki goal, very cool finish.
    Hasegawa though a big talent she is, still young player. Iwabuchi just started her peak years, Hasegawa's will come in 3-4 years. If she will continue to develop her skills at present rate she may become the biggest star of this team comming 2023WWC.

I agree here with And G. Having player like Hasegawa is marvelous for any team but now Japan probably needs more Akemi Noda and Nami Otake type players than Aya Miyama's...:unsure:

24. blissett

blissett Member+

Aug 20, 2011
    Italy
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    Incidentally, I just discovered that Akemi Noda is part of Nojima Stella Kanagawa Sagamihara's staff! Probably @unepommekun had already announced that in the past and I had forgotten...

Lechus7 repped this.
  25. blissett

blissett Member+

Aug 20, 2011
    Italy
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    Some short updates from Frauen-Bundesliga and Division 1 Féminine (both games were played today):

- SC Sand-SC Freiburg 0-0. Of course, Hikaru Naomoto is still recovering from her injury, so she wasn't even on the bench. So-so result for her Freiburg side, that should be anyway a more than decent team (including good established plaiers, as Lena Lötzen, and promising youngsters, as U-20 NT star Giulia Gwinn).

- Guingamp-OL 0-3 (hat-trick by Le Sommer). Saki Kumagai didn't start, but she was subbed-in at 56'. Perfect record for OL after three match-days, 15 goals scored, no goals against. :sleep: