Official 2017 Nadeshiko Japan Thread [R] - なでしこジャパン(英語スレッド)

Discussion in 'Japan' started by blissett, Dec 31, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. unepomme

unepomme Member+

Jan 21, 2010
    Club:
    Sanfrecce Hiroshima FC
    Ichinose Chisato:

blissett repped this.
  2. blissett

blissett Member+

Aug 20, 2011
    Italy
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    Frauen-Bundesliga update:

- 1.FFC Frankfurt won a quite easy home match vs low-ranked Werder Bremen by 4-0. Kumi Yokoyama didn't score: she missed a chance she had made by herself on an open goal instead :oops:; soon after she was subbed out at 75' and the player who had replaced her scored at 89'. Anyway, third Frankfurt's goal came from a CK action, and, as long as she's on the pitch, all CK are taken by Kumi these days.
    With this win, Frankfurt catch up at third place with Wolfsburg, who had an unexpected loss by 1-0 in Freiburg, and remain within 3 points range from now-leading Freiburg. Next week: Wolfsburg-Frankfurt! :eek: This big match will probably say a lot about how high Frankfurt ambitions can sail this season: can they fight for the title, or even a Champions' League placement will be hard to reach?

Highlights: https://tv.dfb.de/video/highlights-1-ffc-frankfurt-vs-sv-werder-bremen/19857/

unepomme and HS10Legend repped this.
  3. blissett

blissett Member+

Aug 20, 2011
    Italy
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    Division 1 Féminine update:

How often does it happen these days that two different Japanese players score on the same day in France? :) Not very often, you would say, at least since Utsugi left Montpellier two seasons ago...
    Now it happened. :giggle: Let's see how things went on Saturday the 4th of November:

- Olympique Lyonnais won :sleep: an away match :sleep: vs Albi, guess with which score? 0-5. :sleep:
    At least, to make for a more bubbly atmosphere at Japanese observers' eyes, Saki Kumagai scored a PK (the 3rd of those goal). :)

- Please don't miss Ami Otaki's elegant volley! :ninja: As usual, she had been inserted late in 2nd half only (at 76'): four minutes later she puts her team ahead by 2-1 in Bordeaux. There will be time for two other goals and some thrill, but anyway the game ended with a Paris FC's win by 3-2! :)
    [​IMG]

here below there are the complete highlights of 8th match-day of Division 1 Féminine; Bordeaux-Paris FC is the first match of the video, while you can find Albi-OL at about 2'55". Enjoy:

dakota701 and unepomme repped this.
  4. unepomme

unepomme Member+

Jan 21, 2010
    Club:
    Sanfrecce Hiroshima FC
  5. frideswide

frideswide Member+

Kumamoto Renaissance FC
    Feb 27, 2014
    København
    Club:
    Brøndby IF
    Manchester Nadeshiko and blissett repped this.
  6. frideswide

frideswide Member+

Kumamoto Renaissance FC
    Feb 27, 2014
    København
    Club:
    Brøndby IF
    On a related note (and perhaps expected by some here), Laura Harvey has resigned as manager of Seattle Reign.

blissett repped this.
  7. blissett

blissett Member+

Aug 20, 2011
    Italy
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    Oh, my god, at first I was thinking you were talking about the pic with Sawa's baby and the team, then I scrolled down, and....!!!!! :eek::eek::eek::eek::eek:

At the very least, we can say that she's very charming in kimono, and I dodn't remember that we previously had photos of her dressed this way. :giggle:

Yes, the new coach is Vlatko Andonovski, and they talk very well about him on Seattle Reign's thread.

8. blissett

blissett Member+

Aug 20, 2011
    Italy
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    I've read some (of course messy) Google translation of Kawasumi's entry. Apart from the things she said about her dialogue with President Abe, Trump and her wife Melania (looks like they've been said about her being a former World Champion), there is a line in the end of the post talking about going back to Kobe to practice: is Naho supposed to play Empress' Cup with INAC? :cautious:

9. Manchester Nadeshiko

Ehime F.C. Ladies
    Japan
    Mar 26, 2017
    U.K.
    Stranger things have happened!....she'd have my vote for Ambassador to U.K. ( if I had a vote )

blissett repped this.
  10. #5nadeshikofan

#5nadeshikofan Member+

May 26, 2012
    Plymouth, Michigan, USA
    Club:
    Vegalta Sendai
    Nat'l Team:
    Japan
    My impression was that she was introduced as a football player and that she was bragging about being a World Champion herself. Appearantly Mr. President called Melania over because she likes football.

11. zaku_II

zaku_II Member+

Jan 29, 2012
    Club:
    CD Colo Colo
    blissett repped this.
  12. frideswide

frideswide Member+

Kumamoto Renaissance FC
    Feb 27, 2014
    København
    Club:
    Brøndby IF
    Indeed, but the Indian version is also hard to beat:

13. Lechus7

Lechus7 Member+

Aug 31, 2011
    Wroclaw
  14. unepomme

unepomme Member+

Jan 21, 2010
    Club:
    Sanfrecce Hiroshima FC
    Tomorrow's games:

Beleza vs Jef U18 11:00
    Orca vs Mynavi 11:00
    Iga vs Albi 14:00
    Urawa vs Cerezo 14:00

15. blissett

blissett Member+

Aug 20, 2011
    Italy
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    Interesting that Fukumoto was the starting GK vs her former team (although with different players than at her times): was it by choice or is Takenaka still injured? :cautious:

All of the action from INAC was in 1st half. It was just that they were satisfied in 2nd half and lifted the foot from the gas, or Belle's line-up was more sound in 2nd half?

16. blissett

blissett Member+

Aug 20, 2011
    Italy
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    While we wait for the Empress' Cup week-end (and for leagues from overseas), some short update from round of 16 of UEFA Women's Champions' League:

- On wednesday,BIIK-Kazygurt-Olympique Lyonnais 0-7. :x3: OL keep riding undisturbed. Saki Kumagai played the first 64' minutes of this carnage, without scoring, then she was subbed-out on 0-4. Even before 2nd leg, we can be sure that we're going to see her again in quarter-finals on the competition.

- We're not going to see our other Japanese player instead: Ryoko Takara's Norwegian champion team, LSK-Kvinner, lost 0-5 at home to Manchester City on thursday! :x3: At least, Takara didn't see the pitch, as it often happens lately, thus she was spared this embarassment. So, we're most probably not going to see her in Champions' League anymore, but it's not as we were going to actually see her playing much anyway. :cautious:

HS10Legend and unepomme repped this.
  17. unepomme

unepomme Member+

Jan 21, 2010
    Club:
    Sanfrecce Hiroshima FC
    Today's sad news:
    Risa broke the left clavicle and seems to take a few months for full recovery. :cry::cry::cry:

dakota701, HS10Legend and blissett repped this.
  18. unepomme

unepomme Member+

Jan 21, 2010
    Club:
    Sanfrecce Hiroshima FC
  19. blissett

blissett Member+

Aug 20, 2011
    Italy
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    Which kind of Risa are we talking about? Shimizu? :cautious:

I confirm clavicle's fractures need quite a lot to recover: my dad had one years ago. It's a strange injury for a football player, though: more usual in cycling.

unepomme repped this.
  20. blissett

blissett Member+

Aug 20, 2011
    Italy
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    Yes, it had been already posted on the Champions' League thread but I can't stop watching it. :x3:

unepomme repped this.
  21. unepomme

unepomme Member+

Jan 21, 2010
    Club:
    Sanfrecce Hiroshima FC
    Empress's Cup result:

Beleza (Sakaguchi, Momiki, Tanaka Ueki) 4-0 Jef U18
    Orca (Nagaki, Muraoka) 2-4 Mynavi (Foord 2, Yasumoto, Kakazu)
    Urawa (?) 2-0 Cerezo
    Iga (Haji, ?) 2-4 Albi (Sonoda, Ohishi, ?)

22. unepomme

unepomme Member+

Jan 21, 2010
    Club:
    Sanfrecce Hiroshima FC
    My favorite Risa in my avatar

blissett repped this.
  23. unepomme

unepomme Member+

Jan 21, 2010
    Club:
    Sanfrecce Hiroshima FC
    Tomorrow's games:

Nagano vs Tokiwagi 11:00
    Nittaidai vs Jef 11:00
    Nojima vs Chifure 14:00
    Waseda vs Inac 14:00

HS10Legend and blissett repped this.
  24. unepomme

unepomme Member+

Jan 21, 2010
    Club:
    Sanfrecce Hiroshima FC
    Iga (Haji, Takeshima) 2-4 Albi (Sonoda 2, Ohishi, Kamionobe)

Manchester Nadeshiko and blissett repped this.
  25. unepomme

unepomme Member+

Jan 21, 2010
    Club:
    Sanfrecce Hiroshima FC
    Empress's Cup result:

Nagano (Uchiyama, Suzuki, Tomari) 3-0 Tokiwagi
    Nittaidai (Uemura, ?) 2-3 Jef (Sakuramoto, Chino 2)
    Nojima 0 (PK 5-4) 0 Chifure
    Waseda 1 (Kawano) (PK 4-1 ) 1 Inac (Takase):eek::)