Official 2017 J. League Transfers and Rumors thread

Discussion in 'Japanese Club Football' started by Samurai Warrior, Jan 1, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Dax

Dax Moderator
    Staff Member

Feb 29, 2012
    Nat'l Team:
    Japan
    lool that's Kajiyama ... he's 31yr. Nakajima is the little guy that was #10 at the Olympics.
    Ok but that's not being "left out" and he wasn't even "sent back". It's difficult to judge without knowing what happened. Maybe he had offers but Portimonense thought the fee was unnacceptable, who knows.
    Either way, it'll already be an achievement if Nakajima manages to be a started in the first division. I very much doubt he can go much higher.

seolseol repped this.
  2. seolseol

seolseol Member+

Apr 26, 2003
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    HAha lol sorry. Now I know :D

3. Saku²

Saku² Member+

Aug 22, 2009
    Club:
    FC Salzburg
    If Inui plays in a Liga team, Nakajima certainly can eventually.

4. nipponbasse83

nipponbasse83 Member+

Jun 17, 2007
    Ichikawa, Chiba, Japan
    Club:
    Consadole Sapporo
    Nat'l Team:
    Norway
    Lol, I know you don't like Inui, but you are now comparing one of the best offensive players Japan have ever produced with a guy that even struggles to get regular playing time at a mid-table J1-club...

And no point to talk about age. Nakajima is 22, and by that age Inui had already scored 30 goals across J1 and J2, for better clubs than Nakajima have played for. He certainly got potential, but he's so far showed absolutely nothing that indicates he is the next big thing. And how long are we supposed to wait for his breakthrough...?

Inui runs circles around Nakajima.

Majster2 repped this.
  5. Dax

Dax Moderator
    Staff Member

Feb 29, 2012
    Nat'l Team:
    Japan
    Admittedly, I also suspect the comparison won't look pretty in a few years, but best of luck to Shoya.

6. Saku²

Saku² Member+

Aug 22, 2009
    Club:
    FC Salzburg
    Nakajima is more talented so if he ever reaches his potential, and he can, he'll be a better player. It's as simple as that. Inui has had a good career but nothing outstanding, it's not a large wall to jump over.

7. Dax

Dax Moderator
    Staff Member

Feb 29, 2012
    Nat'l Team:
    Japan
    Sugimoto set to leave for his Spain quest, announcement on the 24th

Samurai Warrior repped this.
  8. Samurai Warrior

Samurai Warrior Member+

Dec 2, 2008
    Nat'l Team:
    Japan
    If I'm not wrong he is linked to both Girona and Tenerife.

Good Luck.

seolseol repped this.
  9. Whispered11

Whispered11 Member+

U.C. Sampdoria
    Japan
    Oct 4, 2011
    Munich, Germany
    Club:
    UC Sampdoria
    Nat'l Team:
    Japan
    This is ludacris. One year ago he couldn't even score in J2.
    Good for him, anyway.

Majster2 and seolseol repped this.
  10. nipponbasse83

nipponbasse83 Member+

Jun 17, 2007
    Ichikawa, Chiba, Japan
    Club:
    Consadole Sapporo
    Nat'l Team:
    Norway
    More talented? Based on what?

And I can't really understand why you are saying that it is not a "large wall to jump over" . How many Japanese players have done better than Inui at the World Stage so far? It cant be much more than 10-12, which puts him right among some of the most successful Japanese players in Europe ever. And that's a fact even you can't overlook, although your hate/disgust towards Inui seems extremely strong based on your comments. Atleast if playing in a top division in Europe is anything to measure it by. He's also one of very few who have managed to be relatively successful in more than 1 top European league. Obviously there is a gap up to the likes of Kagawa and Okazaki, but honestly, how many are there that have done better ?

Let's make a list:
    Okazaki
    Kagawa
    Nagatomo
    Hasebe
    Uchida
    Honda
    Nakamura
    Nakata
    Haraguchi
    Osako
    Ono
    (I probably forgot a couple of players now, but that can't be many)

Then you have others who have seen or saw regular playing time, but so far have not been more successful like:

Yoshida
    Muto
    Takahara
    Sakai x2
    Inamoto (to some extent)
    etc

And also the up and coming players playing for smaller clubs / smaller leagues like:
    Kubo
    Minamino
    Doan
    etc

But those players are in most cases playing in leagues/teams of a lower or same quality than J.League anyway, so having been successful only there means very little in the big picture. Not unless they make it to a bigger league and show they can deliver there as well.

So if it was such an easy wall to jump over, why are there not more who have done it?

And to even put Nakajima in this mix when as mentioned earlier he hasn't showed anything that suggests he can even be a top player in J.League is ludicrous. He is even smaller than Inui, and was bullied off the ball way too easily even in J2. His technical skillls might be slightly better, but his understanding of the game, passing skills etc is so far waay behind Inui or other comparable players.

He is already 22. And for how much longer can we really call him a "talent"? With that logic, Morimoto can also still be called a talent then. Cause I guess we are still waiting for his breakthrough as well, aren't we?

But of course, things can change fast, like with Sugimoto this season. He's been awful for several seasons in a row now, but suddenly this year started to score goals.

If, and that's a big if, Nakajima were to make a similar change over the next 1-2 seasons then maybe you could be right about him, but for now it seems much more likely that he will at best end up at a mid-level J1 club.

seolseol and Samurai Warrior repped this.
  11. Dax

Dax Moderator
    Staff Member

Feb 29, 2012
    Nat'l Team:
    Japan
    His technical skillls might be slightly better, -> than Inui? Definitely not

Btw Sugimoto is going to announce that he stays, looks like the offer isn't very good

nipponbasse83 and Samurai Warrior repped this.
  12. Saku²

Saku² Member+

Aug 22, 2009
    Club:
    FC Salzburg
    My observations.

nipponbasse83 and Samurai Warrior repped this.
  13. Dax

Dax Moderator
    Staff Member

Feb 29, 2012
    Nat'l Team:
    Japan
    Nakajima's loan move should be on the 27th.

Samurai Warrior and seolseol repped this.
  14. GunnerTNB

GunnerTNB Member+

Apr 4, 2011
    São Paulo
    Club:
    Botafogo Rio Janeiro
    Last year in J2 Sugimoto already had an excellent season.

15. Kenbi

Kenbi Member

Nov 10, 2011
    Club:
    Urawa RD
    Nat'l Team:
    Japan
    Ideguchi is linked with Leeds United.

16. Whispered11

Whispered11 Member+

U.C. Sampdoria
    Japan
    Oct 4, 2011
    Munich, Germany
    Club:
    UC Sampdoria
    Nat'l Team:
    Japan
    I really think he's too light to face English football.

17. Gordon1995

Gordon1995 Member+

Oct 3, 2013
    Hence, 2nd Division might be good for him to adapt first.

18. Dax

Dax Moderator
    Staff Member

Feb 29, 2012
    Nat'l Team:
    Japan
    Ideguchi can't play for Leeds anyway as he wouldn't pass the FA's requirements. However, he could be loaned out

19. naopon

naopon Member+

Jan 2, 2007
    California
    Club:
    Kawasaki Frontale
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  20. Samurai Warrior

Samurai Warrior Member+

Dec 2, 2008
    Nat'l Team:
    Japan
    :cool:

artml, Dax and naopon repped this.
  21. Dax

Dax Moderator
    Staff Member

Feb 29, 2012
    Nat'l Team:
    Japan
    I think Ideguchi going to Europe is a bit like water being wet. However, I'd be a little surprised if he does it before the world cup

seolseol repped this.
  22. Samurai Warrior

Samurai Warrior Member+

Dec 2, 2008
    Nat'l Team:
    Japan
    #122 Samurai Warrior, Sep 12, 2017
    Last edited: Sep 12, 2017
    Leeds or any other club might get him in the next winter transfer window and loan him to Gamba until the summer.

Because getting him during the winter is risky for both the Eurpean club and Ideguchi; for the club because there will be no enough time for him to adapt, and for Ideguchi because he might risk his chances to make the WC squad.

So the best option is to get him ahead of the WC, because if he has a great WC his stocks will rise and other clubs will compete for his services.

23. Gordon1995

Gordon1995 Member+

Oct 3, 2013
    Ideguchi might be loaned to Deportivo Leonesa first if he goes to Leeds.

24. Dax

Dax Moderator
    Staff Member

Feb 29, 2012
    Nat'l Team:
    Japan
    Yes, your reasoning makes sense, I suppose that could happen. In the case of Leeds though they wouldn't be able to have enroll him even in the summer...
    The reason for my skepticism was more like "If I was the agent, why wouldn't I wait after the world cup"? Since he has a release clause, it's even easier to attract potentially new clubs. Just my 2 cents

25. Saku²

Saku² Member+

Aug 22, 2009
    Club:
    FC Salzburg
    If he goes to the World Cup ... Kiyotake, Kanazaki, Kashiwagi etc all felt pretty good about it at some point.