Official 2016 J2 thread

Discussion in 'Japanese Club Football' started by nipponbasse83, Feb 28, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Whispered11

Whispered11 Member+

U.C. Sampdoria
    Japan
    Oct 4, 2011
    Munich, Germany
    Club:
    UC Sampdoria
    Nat'l Team:
    Japan
    Wow. It was enough to gain a contract in China?
    And RS is even worse than BM.

2. Radu Razvan

Radu Razvan Member+

Mar 1, 2013
    Bucharest, Romania
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Nat'l Team:
    Romania
    He will join Yatai, not a big club, but first division.

3. Samurai Warrior

Samurai Warrior Member+

Dec 2, 2008
    Nat'l Team:
    Japan
    He was playing there before.

4. Majster2

Majster2 Member+

Apr 23, 2010
    Poland
    Club:
    Urawa RD
    Damn, Cerezo-Consadole game at the same time as when there's Sanfrecce-Kashima and Urawa-Kashiwa :( Play that game on Sunday - people will at least watch it!

5. Cato Rodriguez

Cato Rodriguez New Member

Jul 19, 2016
    Club:
    Celtic FC
    Hi all,
    Perhaps this is not the correct thread to post this but I am looking for some help finding a post about managing in Japan. I am a Spanish football player in Scotland and I am moving towards managing now. Does anyone know if there is a Managing post where the requirements for the J League are covered/discussed?

Many thanks! and sorry if its not the place to post!

6. Majster2

Majster2 Member+

Apr 23, 2010
    Poland
    Club:
    Urawa RD
    [​IMG]

Samurai Warrior and Dax repped this.
  7. nipponbasse83

nipponbasse83 Member+

Jun 17, 2007
    Ichikawa, Chiba, Japan
    Club:
    Consadole Sapporo
    Nat'l Team:
    Norway
    He's sad cause when he finally scored, it was to no use.

Majster2 repped this.
  8. nipponbasse83

nipponbasse83 Member+

Jun 17, 2007
    Ichikawa, Chiba, Japan
    Club:
    Consadole Sapporo
    Nat'l Team:
    Norway
    Meanwhile, in Sapporo...!

5-0 win yesterday. They have the best defensive record, and only Shimizu have scored more goals than them ( helped by the 8-0 win vs Thespa). They can get a 6-point gap down to 2nd place if they win their game in hand.

This smells promotion.

Whispered11 repped this.
  9. Majster2

Majster2 Member+

Apr 23, 2010
    Poland
    Club:
    Urawa RD
    I saw him again in the last game and his behavior on pitch was atrocious. Always complaining after his 'great' passses were wasted by his teammates... Like he's 30+ goals forward every season. Kakitani said that he's still a child but for his age he should start growing up mentally.

Whispered11 repped this.
  10. Majster2

Majster2 Member+

Apr 23, 2010
    Poland
    Club:
    Urawa RD
  11. nipponbasse83

nipponbasse83 Member+

Jun 17, 2007
    Ichikawa, Chiba, Japan
    Club:
    Consadole Sapporo
    Nat'l Team:
    Norway
    Consadole with another win, Tokura is on fire! Montedio gave them a hard fight though, and could have gotten away with a point or even 3 with a bit more luck.

Watched only the 2nd half of Cerezo-Matsumoto, but were not impressed by Matsumoto's antics and behaviour in the final 15 minutes or so. Constant dragging time of time, simulation, and what's worse. It made me think I was watching a match from Portugal,Spain/Italy for a minute. It got them the win in the end though, and maybe Japanese teams need to get better at such things, but its not fun to watch.

Radu Razvan repped this.
  12. nipponbasse83

nipponbasse83 Member+

Jun 17, 2007
    Ichikawa, Chiba, Japan
    Club:
    Consadole Sapporo
    Nat'l Team:
    Norway
    Another win for Consadole!

Not the best game though, and Thespa were really good at pressuring them and not giving the Consadole-players time with the ball. Had quite a lot of chances as well, and at 1-1 it was anyone's game for a while before Consadole took more over in the final 30 minutes.

Tokura 2 more goals, but they got other players as well up front that are doing a great job. Uchimura is always dangerous, Julinho have been good as well although he struggled today. He's very slow with the ball, and I don't think he's the type of the player that could make the cut in J1 as it will most likely be too fast for him. Reyes came off the bench and had a big impact as well.

Radu Razvan and Samurai Warrior repped this.
  13. Whispered11

Whispered11 Member+

U.C. Sampdoria
    Japan
    Oct 4, 2011
    Munich, Germany
    Club:
    UC Sampdoria
    Nat'l Team:
    Japan
    I can't see how they could fail to win J2.

Samurai Warrior repped this.
  14. Majster2

Majster2 Member+

Apr 23, 2010
    Poland
    Club:
    Urawa RD
    Sugimoto scored again a 'terrific' goal. Giravanz is really bad. But the new stadium should be opened next year...

15. nipponbasse83

nipponbasse83 Member+

Jun 17, 2007
    Ichikawa, Chiba, Japan
    Club:
    Consadole Sapporo
    Nat'l Team:
    Norway
    Only 2400 people in the stadium. Or stadium might be drawing it a bit too far, it's more like a track and field course with some seats around it.

A lot of people expected Giravanz to compete for promotion this year, and the Giravanz Wombat guy ( don't know if he's hanging out here) even went as far as saying in the Jsoccer magazine he was certain that Giravanz would take one of the playoff spots.

What went wrong? Their team looks more or less the same as last year when they very a lot more competitive.

Samurai Warrior repped this.
  16. Whispered11

Whispered11 Member+

U.C. Sampdoria
    Japan
    Oct 4, 2011
    Munich, Germany
    Club:
    UC Sampdoria
    Nat'l Team:
    Japan
    Giravanz relegated in J3 would be the shock of the season for Japanese football. More than Nagoya in J2 or Kagoshima getting promoted.

nipponbasse83 and Samurai Warrior repped this.
  17. Dax

Dax Moderator
    Staff Member

Feb 29, 2012
    Nat'l Team:
    Japan
    random question: didn't Vortis sign an african striker a few months ago? What... happened?

18. nipponbasse83

nipponbasse83 Member+

Jun 17, 2007
    Ichikawa, Chiba, Japan
    Club:
    Consadole Sapporo
    Nat'l Team:
    Norway
    Achille Emana, yes.

He's yet to make his debut, but he is still with the team. At the age of 34 one has to wonder how good he still is, but he had decent success in UAE before, and also in Europe way before that.

Radu Razvan repped this.
  19. rioliogiz

rioliogiz Member

Chelsea
    Apr 12, 2014
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Vietnam
    [​IMG]
    Here are Tuan Anh and King Kazu after the last Yokohama FC match. What an honor!

Tuan Anh is one of our top talents and prospects for a while, he's on loan from Viet club HAGL, I don't think he can make it at Yokohama in the future but moments like these are priceless, regardless.

Radu Razvan and Samurai Warrior repped this.
  20. Dax

Dax Moderator
    Staff Member

Feb 29, 2012
    Nat'l Team:
    Japan
    a guy who scored 9 goals last season in Spain's second division has yet to make a bench (to my knowledge) with Vortis with 10 rounds to go?
    ... what went wrong here?

I saw the goal on twitter. Sadly looks like he's just ignored since he never even makes the bench but it was a nice goal.

rioliogiz repped this.
  21. Majster2

Majster2 Member+

Apr 23, 2010
    Poland
    Club:
    Urawa RD
    Good thing is that Cerezo's management didn't want to leave everything to players who could ******** everything up and they backed themselves up with referees this season to not let the chance for promotion go.

22. nipponbasse83

nipponbasse83 Member+

Jun 17, 2007
    Ichikawa, Chiba, Japan
    Club:
    Consadole Sapporo
    Nat'l Team:
    Norway
    I guess you are referring to the penalty.

Its hard to see, but looking closely it seems like his shirt is pulled. If its enough to deserve a PK I don't know, but if you see where the ref is standing the shirt was probably standing like a sail from his point of view.

23. nipponbasse83

nipponbasse83 Member+

Jun 17, 2007
    Ichikawa, Chiba, Japan
    Club:
    Consadole Sapporo
    Nat'l Team:
    Norway
    3 new points for Consadole!

Whenever Consadole scores first, they have won an amazingly 96% of their matches so far this season. Quite incredible.

24. Dax

Dax Moderator
    Staff Member

Feb 29, 2012
    Nat'l Team:
    Japan
    Mito Hollyhock, Machida Zelvia, Kamatamare Sanuki

These clubs did not get a J1 license and so they won't be able to get promoted if they miraculously reach the playoffs or automatic promotion next season.

nipponbasse83 and Samurai Warrior repped this.
  25. nipponbasse83

nipponbasse83 Member+

Jun 17, 2007
    Ichikawa, Chiba, Japan
    Club:
    Consadole Sapporo
    Nat'l Team:
    Norway
    Late drama in J2, with Shimizu coming from behind to clinch a 2-1 win in injury-time away vs Cerezo. With Matsumoto winning their match, the gap up to 2nd is 4 points now for Cerezo, while Shimizu are just trailing 3 points behind there again, so should be more dramatic matches coming up soon. Fagiano are not out of it yet either,especially if they win tonight.