Official 2016 European Cup Thread (FORZA AZZURRI)!!!

Discussion in 'Italy: National Teams' started by Italy-Azzurri-Fan, Nov 14, 2015.

?

How far will we go in 2016 European Cup?

1. We will be celebrating in Saint Denis at the end!!!

10 vote(s)
    16.9%
  2. We will be disappointed in Saint Denis for the second European Cup in a row.

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  3. We will get out in the Semifinals.

5 vote(s)
    8.5%
  4. We will get out in the Quarterfinals.

14 vote(s)
    23.7%
  5. We will get out in the Round of 16.

6 vote(s)
    10.2%
  6. We will have an embarrassing Group Stage Exit.

24 vote(s)
    40.7%
  1. Italy-Azzurri-Fan

Nov 15, 2014
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    Guys, I am watching the Spain game now and they are not a team I would like to be facing that early. I think many of you are underestimating them because of World Cup 2014, but if you look at their team on paper, their talent must be taken very seriously. Croatia will be difficult and are also a good team two, but I think Spain is better.

Modric and Rakitic are really good players, but I do think Busquets and Iniesta still have the edge. Also Croatia has a shaky defense, while Spain's is better despite both of their defenses not amazing.

Spain is already 2-0 now to Turkey.

2. meazza

meazza Member+

Jul 12, 2013
    Yep Spain looks like a well oiled machine.

3. Italy-Azzurri-Fan

Nov 15, 2014
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    Spain are a strong team. Maybe not as strong as Turkey made them look tonight, we can beat them, but I don't want to face them that early. Face them in the final and get revenge from last European Cup.

Anyway I think we have a good chance on facing the Czechs. I am pretty sure Spain will beat Croatia, and Czechs will beat Turkey. The question is goal difference. Also Croatia might be deducted a point because of the flares, just guessing.

forza_azzurri repped this.
  4. calabrese8

calabrese8 Member+

Feb 9, 2008
    Vancouver
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    whether its Spain or Croatia... i think our wall at the back end knows a little something about both guys leading the attack for those respective nations ;)

Rosay repped this.
  5. Italy-Azzurri-Fan

Nov 15, 2014
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    Yup. Let's just do our best and perform well no matter who we face, and hope be have what it takes to beat them and go to the quarterfinals. After all if we want to win the tournament, we have to beat the big teams.

Rosay repped this.
  6. forza_azzurri

forza_azzurri Member

May 31, 2005
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    It will be Croatia or Czechs. Spain is not losing to this Croatian side that doesn't know how to stop beach balls.
    I also think UEFA will not give Croatia any favours into the next rounds giving this tournament an even worse rep.

7. totti fan

totti fan Red Card

Jun 24, 2010
    Club:
    SSC Napoli
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    We do NOT want to face Croatia. Croatia's crossing game is well suited to playing against a 3-5-2. Remember 2012!!

Marco Delvecchio repped this.
  8. Marco Delvecchio

Marco Delvecchio Red Card

Apr 9, 2016
    Club:
    UC Sampdoria
    Croatia choked. Spain looked awesome. Going to be tough regardless. Pre tournament I had Croatia getting revenge for last euros vs Spain. Now
    Not so sure and am feeling Spain. Spain look like champions after that turkey smashing.

We will play Croatia and beat them for the first time in out history. Maybe on penalties, so we still may not beat them
    Properly haha. Our last game vs Ireland like last euros. I think were going to make the final and lose to either france or Spain if we can meet them.

9. gcstorm9

gcstorm9 Member

Dec 17, 2001
    Coral Springs, Fl
    Club:
    AC Milan
    If we win the group we probably play Croatia, then Germany in quarters. Hopefully we rest guys/clear yellow cards and the come into Croatia game fresh, and then vs Germany it's a heavyweight battle. That being said, I'm enjoying the way the team looks. Crisper passing, more direct when it comes to the opposing third, but tactically defense has been amazing.

Rosay repped this.
  10. Rob_420

Rob_420 Member

Jun 2, 2006
    Montreal
    Club:
    SS Lazio Roma
    Spain are a very good team no doubt. But they lucked into a group where no one can defend. The Czechs have a poor defense and almost held them out. They even were this close to getting the equalizer. Turkey were shambolic, the 2nd goal was an egregious error and you can't spot Spain a 2 goal lead when they're going to have 65% of the ball. They do look shakey in defense at times but De Gea will be tough to beat.

As it looks now we won' have to play them until the final.

11. GiallorossiYank

GiallorossiYank Member+

Jan 20, 2011
    NJ/Roma/Napoli
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Italia can handle Croatia 100%.

12. Nek Sanalet

Nek Sanalet Member+

AC Milan
    Italy
    Dec 30, 2013
    NYC
    Club:
    AC Milan
    #537 Nek Sanalet, Jun 18, 2016
    Last edited: Jun 18, 2016
    Lets remember that Croatia will get penalized for their disgruntled fans. It's very likely that they get a point deduction of some sort (I doubt UEFA throws them out). It's not impossible that they finish third if the Czech's can get a result. The Croatian coach and players were conceding that a punishment was coming in interviews after the game.

This Italian defense is looking like they can stifle anybody right now. It seems likelier that Croatia is more scared of playing us, then we are of playing them. If this Italy squad deserves a logo, its that De Rossi tattoo of the ankle breaking slide....

Rosay repped this.
  13. JoseEmidio

JoseEmidio Member+

Dec 6, 2009
    London
    Club:
    SL Benfica
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal
    Thanks for the correction.

My two cents opinion is that Italy vs Croatia is better than a game against Spain for Italy although I could see a Italy vs Spain game going to penalties whereas a Italy vs Croatia game I would expect it to be concluded in normal time. Good luck!

forza_azzurri repped this.
  14. Italy-Azzurri-Fan

Nov 15, 2014
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    Hey Guys,

Modric and Corluka are out of the game against Spain with injures. Mandzukic and Perisic are huge doubts as well. Thats pretty much all the strength of the team. Take those players out and Rakitic is the only world class player left.

Also for the Czechs Rosiscky is out for the rest of the tournament.

Rosay repped this.
  15. Hulk_Hogan_Italia

AC Milan
    Italy
    Aug 17, 2005
    Toronto, Canada
    Hopefully Spain pump enough goals in and Czechs win. I would rather play them than Croatia. for some reason they have our number and we can't beat them.

16. Italy-Azzurri-Fan

Nov 15, 2014
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    Well with Croatia's key players out, Spain likely will pump a few goals in. And yes Czechs should beat Turkey.

17. calabrese8

calabrese8 Member+

Feb 9, 2008
    Vancouver
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    Not that we can't beat them. It's just that we haven't yet.

Rosay, Marco Delvecchio and Calcio Pauly repped this.
  18. Marco Delvecchio

Marco Delvecchio Red Card

Apr 9, 2016
    Club:
    UC Sampdoria
    Croatia won't get past us regardless who's playing. Even if it went to pk's. We'd get through. I'm only scared of one team because mentally they have our number. Spain.

Croatia were lucky against us in that qualifier. We score an onside goal through El Sha which gets ruled off, they go up the other end while were protesting and then score a Goal which was actually offside. Talk about bullshit twice vs the Croats. In our home game back in 2014 we had 5 or 6 players out and still drew. Actually we had a goal ruled out in 2012 also vs Croatia. That's 3 big games we've been screwed over against them.

Croatia are good, but they will not knock us out. This Italy team is different. If we had verratti and marchiso we'd be shoe ins for the final.

Rosay repped this.
  19. Hulk_Hogan_Italia

AC Milan
    Italy
    Aug 17, 2005
    Toronto, Canada
    Come to think of it... didn't we have 2 goals ruled off in 2002 as well? I think it's time to end this Croatian nightmare once and for all. Is there a chance they might have points deducted for crowd trouble? I heard UEFA is making a decision tomorrow.

20. Italy-Azzurri-Fan

Nov 15, 2014
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    They might have points deducted, or at least closed doors for some of their next games.

21. totti fan

totti fan Red Card

Jun 24, 2010
    Club:
    SSC Napoli
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    What happened to all the Portugese trolls that were active here not so long ago. LOL.

Almost forgot the Swedish ones. Double LOL.

Marco Delvecchio and Rosay repped this.
  22. PhuckHead

PhuckHead Member

Aug 31, 2015
    Club:
    SSC Napoli
    Man, I hope Poland can top their group & put Germany on the other side of the KO stage. Our chances of reaching the final would improve dramatically. France would be the only 'big' team in our way.

Look at France's next two games:
    Next round they face the Third Place team from either Groups C, D, or E;
    then they face either the Runner-up from Group B or F.

Talk about home advantage :rolleyes:
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/UEFA_Euro_2016_knockout_phase

Deleted User x repped this.
  23. Il Ciuccio

Il Ciuccio Member+

Feb 17, 2010
    Club:
    SSC Napoli
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    you have doomed us all.

romanista8910 repped this.
  24. Rosay

Rosay Member+

May 7, 2014
    Club:
    AC Milan
    A weak Croatia is garbage. And ******** Spain

25. Italy-Azzurri-Fan

Nov 15, 2014
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    Yeah I hope so to. Honestly I am starting to have doubts on France even making the semifinal. They don't look impressive at all. Round of 16, they will face probably either Croatia, Czech Republic, or Northern Ireland. Group E probably won't have a third place team. All of the teams above I think are capable of beating France, not so sure about Northern Ireland, but they were impressive against Ukraine.