Official 2015 Nadeshiko Japan Thread [R] - なでしこジャパン(英語スレッド)

Discussion in 'Japan' started by blissett, Jan 1, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. frideswide

frideswide Member+

Kumamoto Renaissance FC
    Feb 27, 2014
    København
    Club:
    Brøndby IF
    0-0 FT after a frantic finish. Now extra time.

blesstherebel repped this.
  2. frideswide

frideswide Member+

Kumamoto Renaissance FC
    Feb 27, 2014
    København
    Club:
    Brøndby IF
    the girls look tired, the crowd looks freezing (9 degrees in Kobe this afternoon), and this is going to penalties..

3. frideswide

frideswide Member+

Kumamoto Renaissance FC
    Feb 27, 2014
    København
    Club:
    Brøndby IF
    Hinomoto win on penalties

KAPIJXM, blissett and blesstherebel repped this.
  4. blesstherebel

blesstherebel Member+

Jan 3, 2013
    New York
    Opened the thing just in time to see the Tokiwagi girl miss that last penalty. Damn, that hurts to watch. I wasn't rooting for them or anything, but I've missed a few of those in my day. Even in a regular match that burns to all heck, imagine a final. My heart goes out to her. Congratulations to the Hinomoto girls. Looks like with weather and opposition, this was a pretty tough match to pull out.

Thanks for the live ticker, fride. I'm just made you had to watch this by yourself. I could've come in sooner but I forgot that this was on today. :(

Tears frozen over, now the girls are singing. That's cute. :)

frideswide repped this.
  5. TabascoT

TabascoT Member

Dec 1, 2011
    San Francisco, California
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Hinamoto players singing to their cheer section!
    Hinamoto 10.jpg

KAPIJXM, blissett and blesstherebel repped this.
  6. zaku_II

zaku_II Member+

Jan 29, 2012
    Club:
    CD Colo Colo
    And Sasaki the face of a Family Mart CM :ROFLMAO:

blissett repped this.
  7. frideswide

frideswide Member+

Kumamoto Renaissance FC
    Feb 27, 2014
    København
    Club:
    Brøndby IF
    the Tokiwagi girls look disconsolate, but they played a good final -- losing on penalties is just one of those crap things in life

8. blesstherebel

blesstherebel Member+

Jan 3, 2013
    New York
    Zaku!! How are you! It's been a little bit :D

... and Mr. Sasaki is out there making moves now! :laugh:

I thought that was cute. Were they singing anything in particular? I didn't really get a chance to hear.

It's mortifying! It's the absolute worst! That'll take a long time to wash off, even more if you played well, and I still cry sometimes just remembering back to that stuff! :cry:

9. frideswide

frideswide Member+

Kumamoto Renaissance FC
    Feb 27, 2014
    København
    Club:
    Brøndby IF
    For those starved of football action (and with an eye to the WWC), the Four Nations Cup is underway in Shezhen, China today, a round-robin tournament with the senior womens teams of China, Korea, Canada, and Mexico.

10. blissett

blissett Member+

Aug 20, 2011
    Italy
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    Reds TV GGR's highlights of the Empress' Cup final include an interview with Ayano Dozono: can anyone translate if she says anything to explain her retirement? o_O

blesstherebel, mumf and KAPIJXM repped this.
  11. blissett

blissett Member+

Aug 20, 2011
    Italy
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    Urawa vs NTV is a popular final match, lately. :giggle: Also on Reds TV GGR, highlights from wednesday's final of Junior Olympics Youth Championship between Urawa Reds' Youth and NTV-Menina :):

12. dakota701

dakota701 Member

Nov 22, 2012
    Maybe it's the tape but her nose looks literally look out of joint! The bruising doesn't too bad though, at least for now. I guess you forget just how tough some girls are.

13. mumf

mumf Member+

Nov 7, 2008
    According to WSU Canada beat Korea and China drew with Mexico (good result for them).
    Somewhere else I think I saw that all games with China will be live on a Chinese TV channel?! I doubt that means a web-stream, but maybe?

14. mumf

mumf Member+

Nov 7, 2008
    I watched the match just now, with some distractions. I felt Hinomoto deserved it, they really dominated midfield, although Kobayashi and Shiraki are always dangerous.
    Outstanding player is that Hinomoto #10 who is almost as good as Sugita? We saw her last year I think, she seems to have really come on strong. She looks like Minako Ito in the face and like Same in movement.
    The play stopped for exactly 10 minutes while she was injured, but the non-stop ethereal singing of the fans made it the best 10 minutes of the match!

dakota701 repped this.
  15. frideswide

frideswide Member+

Kumamoto Renaissance FC
    Feb 27, 2014
    København
    Club:
    Brøndby IF
    #140 frideswide, Jan 11, 2015
    Last edited: Jan 11, 2015
    In other news, Rumi scored for Montpellier today -- the winning goal in their 1-0 win over St-Étienne. The team came out all wearing JeSuisCharlie shirts:

[​IMG]

16. mumf

mumf Member+

Nov 7, 2008
    Found on Twitter what is supposed to be HIGHLIGHTS

blesstherebel and frideswide repped this.
  17. frideswide

frideswide Member+

Kumamoto Renaissance FC
    Feb 27, 2014
    København
    Club:
    Brøndby IF
    :thumbsup:

18. mumf

mumf Member+

Nov 7, 2008
    Another one worthy of tranlastion is this long interview with a nervous-looking Kozue Ando and Miyamoto on WWCup chances: HERE
    Anyone remember, from my infamous Quiz, what is Ando's WWCup playing record? If you dont know it, you will be surprised.....
    I think I will ask ndsk120 to help with translations.

19. dakota701

dakota701 Member

Nov 22, 2012
    Even without the translation, it is worth watching to see Ando. I did not start following Nadeshiko Japan until after the World Cup and though she was an important part of the team, her career seems to be on the decline since. She was not a starter of the Olympics and though she had a good career in Germany (she may be the first Nadeshiko to play there) she seems to be getting less and less playing time. She is 32 years old now, I’m almost wondering if she’ll be in the upcoming World Cup. With the exception of Sawa, she is the oldest member of the senior team. Still, I like looking at her (hope that doesn’t TOO creepy) but she has a mature beauty about her and Ms. Miyamoto is so elegant.

Seems like an interesting video. There are clips from the Olympics, the 2014 Algarve Cup and the Asian Cup, commentary from Sasaki. Some of the younger players as well as the players currently in Europe are also mentioned. It seems like the entire Asian contingent of this thread, including Dernhelm, has gone AWOL. In all fairness, there is not too much happening right now. Hopefully they will all be back from their New Years break to explain these videos to us.

I also agree with mumf, It is probably too late but I also wish Sasaki and the JFA would line up some more friendlies. This team needs practice time together especially when you see all the games these other national teams seem to be playing.

blesstherebel and blissett repped this.
  20. TabascoT

TabascoT Member

Dec 1, 2011
    San Francisco, California
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Yes, a couple of the players brought out lyrics sheets. The cheer section stopped singing and started swaying with the players as the players sang to the cheer section. Thought that was a nice touch.

Does Hinamoto always play through the bracket opposite Junshin and Tokiwagi?

21. blissett

blissett Member+

Aug 20, 2011
    Italy
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    Nahomi Kawasumi's fan-video by user Enjoy_Naho. :giggle: I like very much the combination of goal-actions and still pictures. :)

blesstherebel, dakota701 and KAPIJXM repped this.
  22. frideswide

frideswide Member+

Kumamoto Renaissance FC
    Feb 27, 2014
    København
    Club:
    Brøndby IF
    #147 frideswide, Jan 12, 2015
    Last edited: Jan 12, 2015
    I should add that in the other D1 games of interest yesterday, Saki played the full 90 in OL's demolition of Issy (0-9), and Guingamp defeated Arras 2-0, but Otaki Ami was not part of the squad (either as starter or on the bench) so not sure what's up there..

I can't say I blame them -- the Nadeshiko League season is over, the National Team does not have another fixture of any sort before March, and we are reduced to covering high school games and the decidedly limited doings of overseas players... I feel like taking a holiday myself.. :sleep::confused:

blesstherebel and dakota701 repped this.
  23. Romario'sgurl

Romario'sgurl Member+

Wakanda FC
    Aug 26, 2000
    Wakanda
    Club:
    FC Ingolstadt 04
    Nat'l Team:
    Ghana
  24. blissett

blissett Member+

Aug 20, 2011
    Italy
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    Well, we can still cover FIFA Ballon d'Or Gala by discussing Norio's particular choice of papillon! :laugh:
    (photos courtesy of Virany)

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

On a more serious note, congratulations to Nadine Kessler, winner of FIFA Women POTY 2014. :)
    I am happy that she made it over Marta and Wambach: I guess the German world-beater was more deserving this season.
    By reading vote breakdown, you get the impression that, as it often happens with Japanese candidates, Miyama and Kawasumi took away votes from each other, thus neither reached a top 3 that one of them at least could have deserved.
    Miyama voted her friend Marta at 1st place. :giggle:
    Sasaki voted: Miyama, Kawasumi, Nécib!

http://resources.fifa.com/mm/docume...50/57/55/fboaward_womenplayer2014_neutral.pdf

blesstherebel, KAPIJXM and Romario'sgurl repped this.
  25. mumf

mumf Member+

Nov 7, 2008
    She has always been chosen by Sasaki for squads when available, but starts much less. I think she's a dead-cert for the squad simply because if Frankfurt keep playing her, even as a sub, well that's one of the richest clubs in the world and it shows she hasnt lost it. Besides, who else....
    Its definitely seeded and these three were in the top four last year. So no surprise they could not meet before the SFs.
    Probably just an EU work permit, and I remember that it took Tanaka and possibly Asano time to appear too. Besides, that is a strong slub, about as high as MHSC nowadays, so she has a few weeks of training to blend in.
    Close thing, Kessler only got 17% of the votes. I saw a published article where Vero Boquete claims that players are wondering why Wambach is even in the top 10. Not pulling punches....
    By the way Sasaki was within a few votes of coming 2nd in coach-of-the-year.

The Puskas Award for Best Goal generated a lot of interest, the sole female is Irish and was up against two WCup goals (last 3 shortlist from 10 goals originally). There was clearly an Irish / WoSo "campaign" to get votes, but so too had the Colombians, a far bigger country, and James R won with 42% v 33% ........ still she got 3x the 11% that the "iconic" Robin Van Persie headed goal (v Spain, 1st round) achieved.
    And she turned famous heads...... B7Lfl4XIgAAzKiO.jpg ....and so much for CR v Messi hatred rumours.

dakota701, KAPIJXM and blesstherebel repped this.