Official 2013 J1 Thread

Discussion in 'Japanese Club Football' started by Whispered11, Dec 4, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Pjdawa

Pjdawa Member

Jan 18, 2011
    Club:
    Gamba Osaka
  2. Lupin III

Lupin III Member+

Mar 17, 2011
    Denmark
    Club:
    Brøndby IF
    Nat'l Team:
    Denmark
    Isnt it just for this season? I presume its like england were many clubs have made centenary logos only using it for their centenary year.

btw. seems Iwatas team going everywhere, Yamamoto to Kashima and Matsuoka to Yamagata. New manager rumours are saying Troussier aparently....

3. Blue-San

Blue-San Member+

Jun 21, 2011
    Club:
    Kashima Antlers
    Nat'l Team:
    Japan
    Inoha should leave. Poor Yamada though and Kanazono, those two I care about.

4. teammellieIRANfan

Feb 28, 2009
    Club:
    Perspolis
    Nat'l Team:
    Iran
    Hello my Japanese friends.
    For those who follow J-league closely, do you have any information on Aria Hasegawa? How good is he?
    I was wondering because it appears that Carlos Quieroz and IFF is in pursuit of this player, and may invite him for future camps, for World Cup preparation.

5. naopon

naopon Member+

Jan 2, 2007
    California
    Club:
    Kawasaki Frontale
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Someone asked this in the NT thread. Official 2014 Japanese NT Thread
    Aria is an excellent player who had a very good 2013 season. If he keeps up his form he has a shot to compete for a national team spot at CDM post-World Cup, but he faces plenty of competition even if Endo (and perhaps Hasebe) are phased out of the setup.

I'd characterize his situation as similar to Steve Beitashour, except Aria is only 25 and might have a legitimate NT future, starting with the 2015 Asian Cup. Speaking of soft factors, I've never heard him talk about being especially identified with his Iranian heritage. However he's never appeared in an official international match at any level for Japan, so Queiroz might do well to call him in (i.e. March friendly - is Iran holding a Jan/Feb camp?) since Aria could then test the waters with no hard commitment.

teammellieIRANfan repped this.
  6. nipponbasse83

nipponbasse83 Member+

Jun 17, 2007
    Ichikawa, Chiba, Japan
    Club:
    Consadole Sapporo
    Nat'l Team:
    Norway
    Excellent is a stretching it a bit far isnt it?! At times he even struggled to hold down a regular spot at Marinos, and he havent exactly set the world on fire with Tokyo either. He did won the September MVP, so clearly he is good/ok, but not sure I agree with "excellent"? His goal and assist-numbers arent particularly good either, and he had a tendency to pick up way too many cards as well, although it seems he have improved on that department. He's already 25 as well, so the "talent" should be more or less fully developed by now.

7. naopon

naopon Member+

Jan 2, 2007
    California
    Club:
    Kawasaki Frontale
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    OK, I'll admit that I hyped him up a bit to fuel the fire.;)
    But 5 goals/9 assists on the season is not bad at all....and he only has 3 bookings this year. My bigger point was that he is still young enough where he could potentially hold out for future Japan call-ups, instead of getting cap-tied to Iran by way of some meaningless Asian Cup qualifiers.

nipponbasse83 repped this.
  8. uhdfkwncvbgtyhu89

Nov 27, 2010
    Nat'l Team:
    Japan
    Well, he can deny the Iran call-up, right?

9. naopon

naopon Member+

Jan 2, 2007
    California
    Club:
    Kawasaki Frontale
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Of course. If it's just an Asian Cup qualifier then he might as well turn it down...but for a friendly there is literally no downside. If there is real interest from Queiroz for the World Cup, well...tough decision.

10. Gordon1995

Gordon1995 Member+

Oct 3, 2013
    What are his strengths and weaknesses? Do you think he can have a place on then JNT squad?

11. naopon

naopon Member+

Jan 2, 2007
    California
    Club:
    Kawasaki Frontale
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  12. Whispered11

Whispered11 Member+

U.C. Sampdoria
    Japan
    Oct 4, 2011
    Munich, Germany
    Club:
    UC Sampdoria
    Nat'l Team:
    Japan
  13. Saku²

Saku² Member+

Aug 22, 2009
    Club:
    FC Salzburg
    translation, he'll be iranian in 2014 if nothing happens until then. which is dangerous as I don't see iranians people happy of being an emergency solution.

14. Lupin III

Lupin III Member+

Mar 17, 2011
    Denmark
    Club:
    Brøndby IF
    Nat'l Team:
    Denmark
    But it happens all around the world all the time, I clearly remember a african player becoming polish in the 90's

15. Majster2

Majster2 Member+

Apr 23, 2010
    Poland
    Club:
    Urawa RD
    The biggest drawback might be his Iranian language (I don't know if he can speak in that language) but his dad can make the things work probably.

16. Saku²

Saku² Member+

Aug 22, 2009
    Club:
    FC Salzburg
    Iranians people are prouder than the average. Like way prouder. Besides, if you're referring to Olisadebe, he was playing in Poland at the time of his naturalization.

17. Lupin III

Lupin III Member+

Mar 17, 2011
    Denmark
    Club:
    Brøndby IF
    Nat'l Team:
    Denmark
    Although we agree on the first, its nothing that for a fact can be prove and therefore not a viable argument. :geek:

And yes Olisadepe and I know he was playing in poland, that was the reason why he played for them :thumbsup:

18. Saku²

Saku² Member+

Aug 22, 2009
    Club:
    FC Salzburg
    then you should know this can't really be brought up when talking about Hasegawa who has always played in Japan :thumbsup: besides it's not like Iran are desperate for his amazing talent, he's depth at best.

19. Zandi360

Zandi360 Member+

Dec 10, 2013
    Club:
    Sepahan
    Nat'l Team:
    Iran
    No actually he would fit in very nicely! More than you think. Because with Iran's current formation they need a better AMF and Hasegawa would be great there (if he plays AMF of course). For the CM position however you are right he is not that needed (he would certainly bring depth though!) Iran has 2 fix veterans Nekounam and Teymourian that are highly experienced, played in EPL and La Liga and are going into their 2nd world cup. They are basically Iran's pillars in midfield.
    Somebody can confirm please if Aria plays AMF?

Again good remark, but this concerns a small portion of people that are just plain stupid. Go check Aria's facebook page, it is flooded with positive comments from thousands of Iranians lol. They already love him believe it or not. Most of the intelligent fans will know that anyone that can help the team is more than welcome.

Samurai Warrior and nipponbasse83 repped this.
  20. Zandi360

Zandi360 Member+

Dec 10, 2013
    Club:
    Sepahan
    Nat'l Team:
    Iran
    Yes good question can any of the Japanese people answer that please?

21. Saku²

Saku² Member+

Aug 22, 2009
    Club:
    FC Salzburg
    the thing with Aria is really that he's not that good.

artml repped this.
  22. Mani

Mani BigSoccer Supporter

Aug 1, 2004
    Club:
    Perspolis
    Nat'l Team:
    Iran
  23. Majster2

Majster2 Member+

Apr 23, 2010
    Poland
    Club:
    Urawa RD
    Hasagawa has been a vital point of FC Tokyo this year. He's been playing on DM as well as OM position in equal number this season with shifts to the left winger in many games depending on the squad circumstances. He's been surely a propeller of FC Tokyo's offensive side this season. He's got very high numbers, surely on of the best in J League on his position (10 assists - 4th in J League this season - and 5 goals). His strong sides? Surely he can score from outside of penalty area. He's much more offensive oriented then defensive midfielder with his high pass accuracy also.

24. Whispered11

Whispered11 Member+

U.C. Sampdoria
    Japan
    Oct 4, 2011
    Munich, Germany
    Club:
    UC Sampdoria
    Nat'l Team:
    Japan
    Olisadebe?
    Still, that's disgusting.

25. Lupin III

Lupin III Member+

Mar 17, 2011
    Denmark
    Club:
    Brøndby IF
    Nat'l Team:
    Denmark
    Why is it disgusting? What about Ramos Ruy? happens all the time.